PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Electifinis camo sound: shot sound unchanged?, hit sound nearly inaudible

TaigaUC
Jan 22, 2014, 06:39 PM
Update 4: Hit sound volume has been reduced to virtually nothing

Weird choice of a fix and it took them forever to do it.
I think some people would've preferred a different sound altogether.

I tried it out for a bit. The shot sound still has some ringing echo to it.
You also can't really tell if your shots are hitting anymore. There's virtually no hit sound.

I sent them another complaint, and wrote up a generic complaint for people to send if they want:

https://ssl.pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=opinion

Select 武器・装備品関連 (weapon/equipment related) from the drop down menu.
In the box, paste this:

武器迷彩「*エレクティフィニス」の効果音について、
ショット効果音はまだうるさいです。
そして、当たるかどうか分かりません。

もう一度効果音を直してください、お願いします。

It basically says:

Regarding the sound effect of the weapon camo "Electifinis",
The shot sound effect is still noisy.
And, I cannot tell if I am hitting or not.

Please fix it one more time, thanks.

Update 3: How to temporarily disable Electifinis (not tested thoroughly)

I've found a way to temporarily disable the sound.
But it's against the rules to post it here, so I've removed the information.

Update 2: Guide to request SEGA hurry up and fix it
If you'd like to ask them to hurry up and fix it:

In the box, paste this:

*エレクティフィニスの効果音についてですが、
私にとってかなり迷惑をかけています。
できれば、もっと早く修正してください。お願いします。

...and then click the bottom left blue-highlighted button, and then again on the next page to send.

The message basically says:

"Regarding the sound effect of the Electifinis,
it is troubling me considerably.
If you can, please fix it more quickly."

If anyone can come up with a better message, please feel free to do so.

Update 1: SEGA reacts to complaints
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=2973

SEGA says they received a lot of complaints and will adjust the volume.

Original post:
Heads up if you're using the twin gun camo, you may get kicked from some groups because a considerable amount of people can't stand the collision sound effect.

JP sWiki comments. (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?Comments%2F%EF%BC%8A%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AC%E 3%82%AF%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%83% 8B%E3%82%B9)
Dedicated hate thread on 2ch. (http://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ogame3/1390404702/l50)

I already sent SEGA a complaint in Japanese, telling them that the sound killed my ears and dropped me into hell, and that they should change it.

If it were me, I would've set it so that each new hit sound cancels the last.
That way, the sound won't stack and become ridiculously loud.
I think a "smacky" bubble popping sound might've made more sense and possibly sound better, too.

Anyway, at this rate SEGA will likely do something about it, so we'll just have to wait.

How to complain to SEGA about it:

For those who are bothered by the sound, here's the link to send a complaint to SEGA:

In the box, paste this:

*エレクティフィニスの効果音についてですが、
とてもうるさくて頭と耳が痛いです。
早く何とかしてくださいとお願いしたいです。

...and then click the bottom left blue-highlighted button, and then again on the next page to send.

"Regarding the sound effect of *Electifinis,
it is very noisy and hurts my head and ears.
I would like to request that you do something about it quickly."

You may receive an error message:

現在投稿が行えません。
時間をおいて再度お試しくださいますようお願いいたします。

If so, try again at a later time.

moeri
Jan 22, 2014, 06:45 PM
I want to hear this. I usually like obnoxious things.

UnLucky
Jan 22, 2014, 06:45 PM
So what's it sound like?

final_attack
Jan 22, 2014, 06:48 PM
I think I'm safe since ...... Currently I'm just using it to run around the lobby ^^;

And yeah, Tried it again using that camo in solo map .... it's pretty annoying ^^;

NoiseHERO
Jan 22, 2014, 06:56 PM
So that's why it's not worth 8 mil.

The Walrus
Jan 22, 2014, 06:57 PM
>8 mil
Wow it's only 1.8 or so on 10 last I checked

pkemr4
Jan 22, 2014, 06:58 PM
like the others have said "what is the sound?"

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 22, 2014, 06:58 PM
Good thing I didn't want the camo

HBK666
Jan 22, 2014, 07:01 PM
So what's it sound like?

Sounds like bullshit that only a kid would like to hear.

UnLucky
Jan 22, 2014, 07:10 PM
make a video and preface it with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs

btw-Niji
Jan 22, 2014, 07:28 PM
Ugh, I hate that camo... During my first run of the LQ earlier today in B10, there were 3 people using it and it sounded terrible. Funny enough, they were English named. Makes me wonder if they're B20 people trying to "troll"/irritate others.

Anyway, that shit gave me a headache during LQ spam and I have pso2's volume set pretty low...

W7 volume mixer for pso2.exe: 3%
Ingame SE volume: 65%

Hopefully SEGA addresses it. PSO2 is kind of hard to play muted when I come across these people...

Gardios
Jan 22, 2014, 07:29 PM
I feel pretty bad for the designer. Must be hard to see all the hate for your design just because SEGA messed up.

Celille
Jan 22, 2014, 07:30 PM
So are we allowed to call everyone who uses it "worthless trash?"

TaigaUC
Jan 22, 2014, 07:32 PM
Yeah. I wonder if the designer had any say in the sound.

The shot sound is a bubble sound. No problem with that.
The actual hit sound is a loud, echoey slightly ringy sound, like a sonar, or something.

When it hits multiple times, the sound stacks, and it gets really loud.
That's just when one person is using it, too.
It stands out in battle above everything else.

Emp
Jan 22, 2014, 07:33 PM
I like the sound at first but I just started getting annoyed by it in the past 2 hours. So I resold mine for 100k less than the price I bought it for.

But I love these hate threads. Srsly let the people do whatever they want to do. You can doing something more productive than hating.

Arksenth
Jan 22, 2014, 07:35 PM
brb buying camos for when SEGA announces a fix from all the hate and then the price surges up

profit

UnLucky
Jan 22, 2014, 07:35 PM
I like the sound at first but I just started getting annoyed by it in the past 2 hours. So I resold mine for 100k less than the price I bought it for.

But I love these hate threads. Srsly let the people do whatever they want to do. You can doing something more productive than hating.

Something productive like telling people not to use them because they are annoying

BIG OLAF
Jan 22, 2014, 07:36 PM
I feel pretty bad for the designer. Must be hard to see all the hate for your design just because SEGA messed up.

I was thinking the same thing.

But, it doesn't bother me. It's exceedingly easy to tune noises out.

SakoHaruo
Jan 22, 2014, 07:37 PM
so because a small group of randoms don't like it everyone else is suppose to stop using it?

Emp
Something productive like telling people not to use them because they are annoying

You aint gonna stop people from using em. People can just solo party and watch all the people hatin on the sidelines.

final_attack
I will keep that camo :wacko: for running around in lobby (for now)

btw-Niji
Jan 22, 2014, 07:38 PM

I wonder if you even read the thread and/or experienced the sound horrible stacking it makes. This camo's sound effect is messed up and gets very loud. Try playing in a MPA with 3 other using this camo during a boss spawn... you'll then understand the "hate" it gets.

NoiseHERO
Jan 22, 2014, 07:38 PM
Hah! playing PSO2 with volume.

/gets blindsided

Emp
Jan 22, 2014, 07:41 PM
I wonder if you even read the thread and/or experienced the sound stacking it makes. This camo's sound effect is messed up and gets very loud. Try playing in a MPA with 3 other using this camo... you'll then understand the "hate" it gets.

Already have. I had 4 other people and myself in an LQ mpa using the camo. I wouldn't posting here if I wasnt annoyed by the sound myself as of NOW. Maybe you should read my post better.

My point is that you not going to stop people from using it? Your gonna kick em from your party? Fine they'll just solo party in your mpa and use em. You're gonna try to get them banned? Geez you need to chill out and get a life cause it aint that serious.

The Walrus
Jan 22, 2014, 07:41 PM
inb4emergencymainttofix

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 22, 2014, 07:43 PM
I still want to know exactly what the sound is
NO videos of it whatsoever?

I dislike how SEGA made them really large..I don't think they were ment to be that noticable

Emp
Jan 22, 2014, 07:45 PM

Just picture this in your head. When someone shoots an enemy, it goes like this:

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDI NGDINGDING

X Infinity

The Walrus
Jan 22, 2014, 07:47 PM
I can only imagine what that would be like mixed with shitty clogs

final_attack
Jan 22, 2014, 07:48 PM

I dislike how SEGA made them really large..I don't think they were ment to be that noticable

Want a video? Sure, I'll record it for you ^^;
Just a sec though. Gonna go breakfast :/

TaigaUC
Jan 22, 2014, 08:01 PM
I did record a video but it was only of one person using it (the same person spamming Elder Rebellion without JA flip).
I felt that I should wait until I get a video of multiple people using it to show how terrible it can be.

brb buying camos for when SEGA announces a fix from all the hate and then the price surges up

profit

That's what I was thinking.

so because a small group of randoms don't like it everyone else is suppose to stop using it?

Nobody says you should stop using them alone.
It just bothers people in groups and may get you kicked.
Up to you if you still don't care.

Also, you shouldn't use size of group as a base to judge anything.
That's like saying it's okay to murder one person because the human population consists of billions.

An extreme example perhaps, but my point is that it's not about the number of people, but the quality of their feedback.
Even if it's one person, as long as they have a valid complaint, then it's worth addressing.
That's how I handle things when I address issues with my work.
I don't just dismiss everyone. I take everything into consideration.
The key is to listen to people who know what they're talking about.

This case is an issue of sound design.
Anyone who cares about good sound design would be upset by the gun camo sound.
I happen to have some experience in sound design.

Acting only when large numbers are involved is a mentality directly resulting from overpopulation.
Larger population leads to lower value of individual life, where everyone becomes expendable and nobody cares to listen to anybody else.

pkemr4
Jan 22, 2014, 08:03 PM
Want a video? Sure, I'll record it for you ^^;
Just a sec though. Gonna go breakfast :/

ill be looking forward to seeing it

Squall179
Jan 22, 2014, 08:14 PM
Kinda reminds me of the Male Oni outfit...... the Akira Repca has a relatively logical sound when running.... but this one, with about the same amount of coverage on the feet, sounds like HEAVY BOOTS SMASHING LOUDLY against the floor, like..... VERY loud. A lot of the sound effects for stuff seem to be messed up for these currently new items. Weird.

final_attack
Jan 22, 2014, 08:14 PM
So, I only record it solo (imagine that with many people using it) ..... or if many people agreed to make a full 12/12 mpa with new tmg camo, LETS RECORD IT !!! LOL

It's better when using messiah time ..... the sound effect of Messiah Time kinda muffled it .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9z9HAt0tGw

Saffran
Jan 22, 2014, 08:17 PM
Edit: nevermind trolling about words and world population, THAT is what you call unbearable? Go see a shrink!

Emp
Jan 22, 2014, 08:18 PM
So, I only record it solo (imagine that with many people using it) ..... or if many people agreed to make a full 12/12 mpa with new tmg camo, LETS RECORD IT !!! LOL

It's better when using messiah time ..... the sound effect of Messiah Time kinda muffled it .....

New Tmg Camo sound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtKZNO919dQ)

It didn't muffle it. Pas other than infinite fire have their own sound effects, the tmg noise is stopped at the latter part of infinite fire.

Edson Drake
Jan 22, 2014, 08:19 PM
I was wondering what was that^in all MPAs I've been.

The bubbling sound is okay, but that reverb's echo is what's driving people insane.

final_attack
Jan 22, 2014, 08:19 PM
Ah yes, the last bursts of IF completely muffled it (sorry, didn't record that) ><
Well, at least it's better on Messiah Time (for me) o_o

The Walrus
Jan 22, 2014, 08:24 PM
Not as annoying as I expected. They could do to lower the volume on it though.

Emp
Jan 22, 2014, 08:27 PM
Not as annoying as I expected. They could do to lower the volume on it though.

It gets even louder the closer u are to enemy. I've noticed this cause I rarely play up close.

HIT0SHI
Jan 22, 2014, 08:28 PM
I expected worse...

WildarmsRE5
Jan 22, 2014, 08:31 PM
._.

was expecting something. . . is this what people been complaining about?

I need a 12/12 MPA vid.

final_attack
Jan 22, 2014, 08:33 PM
Let's make 12/12 mpa ..... so, any1 up for it?

The Walrus
Jan 22, 2014, 08:36 PM
My ears would self-terminate

It gets even louder the closer u are to enemy. I've noticed this cause I rarely play up close.

Excellent. You don't play up close as Gunner? Why?

Retehi
Jan 22, 2014, 08:37 PM
I had a cheapy electronic toy gun that made that exact sound as a kid.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 22, 2014, 08:42 PM
Let's make 12/12 mpa ..... so, any1 up for it?I would, If I had money to buy it.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 22, 2014, 08:54 PM
._. depending on what sound we actually produce. . .

I might just keep it on storage or burn it.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 22, 2014, 08:55 PM
I rarely play up close.
..Wha?

TaigaUC
Jan 22, 2014, 08:58 PM
Edit: nevermind trolling about words and world population, THAT is what you call unbearable? Go see a shrink!

I clarified my post regarding world population. It wasn't trolling.

"An extreme example perhaps, but my point is that it's not about the number of people, but the quality of their feedback.
Even if it's one person, as long as they have a valid complaint, then it's worth addressing.
That's how I handle things when I address issues with my work.
I don't just dismiss everyone. I take everything into consideration.
The key is to listen to people who know what they're talking about.

This case is an issue of sound design.
Anyone who cares about good sound design would be upset by the gun camo sound.
I happen to have some experience in sound design."

I also happen to have somewhat sensitive senses.
Did you know people who are sensitive to smell are often ostracized by society?
I hope someone bothers you about something you're physically sensitive or allergic to.
Or that you run into a problem only a few people have.
Then everyone else will tell you that it's all your fault, and you should go see a shrink.

This is why I prefer to converse with Japanese people.
The majority of the ones I've met don't act like the world revolves around them.
They tend to be understanding, empathetic and considerate, unlike the usual Western mentality of "it's all about me, I'm fine with it, so you have to be the problem!"
They understand that society revolves around communication and co-operation, not one's own self.

I had a cheapy electronic toy guy that made that exact sound as a kid.

It's probably the exact same sound.
SEGA always uses a lot of cheap generic sounds.

Anyway, I didn't intend for this to turn into an argument thread.
It's interesting how threads on English forums often degenerate into a cesspool of "no, I'm right!" arguments.
Obviously, the sound isn't going to bother everyone:
Some people have crappy speakers
Some people use headphones.
Some people play with the sound off.
Some people play alone.

I'm not going to waste anymore time arguing in this thread.
It already achieved its purpose of letting people know what to expect and why they might get kicked.
If the sound doesn't bother you, then good for you.

Note the thread title is "you may want to avoid using".
Nobody said you have to stop using it.
But hey, it'd be pretty nice if people were a little more considerate of others.
As if. Never going to happen.

SakoHaruo
Jan 22, 2014, 09:01 PM
Nobody says you should stop using them alone.
It just bothers people in groups and may get you kicked.
Up to you if you still don't care.

Removing my camo would mean playing how you want me to play so I'll take my boot. I don't even party with randoms unless it's for tacos and 90% of the time I'm the party leader because I like to set my own rules. The same time it takes you to kick someone you could easily lower your game volume(that's all you can do in MPAs anyway o3o). hell, why are you not listening to your favorite iTones playlist in the first place? You mean to tell me there are people who still enjoy the in game soundtrack? Seriously, the camo hasn't even been out for 24 hours. Some people spent days/weeks saving for up this scratch. let them enjoy they're new virtual items.

btw I don't gunner. I think the camo is cool looking though o3o

yunamon
Jan 22, 2014, 09:24 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=2958

Not to address the sound but the position of the weapon on hands...

Takatsuki
Jan 22, 2014, 09:50 PM
So THAT'S what that obnoxious sound is!

Yeah, Sega needs to fix that ASAP.

gigawuts
Jan 22, 2014, 09:56 PM
The new camo is amazing and anyone who says otherwise is just jealous of my skill.

TaigaUC
Jan 22, 2014, 10:01 PM
The new camo is amazing and anyone who says otherwise is just jealous of my skill.

wwwww

GALEFORCE
Jan 22, 2014, 10:07 PM
The position of the black one was really bugging me to the point of not buying it. Why is it on the wrong side of the hand?!

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 22, 2014, 10:17 PM
this thread makes me want to own the camo now

final_attack
Jan 22, 2014, 10:19 PM
Oh, it's just on the preview. You can see on the video I posted. The model is all right.

PokeminMaster
Jan 22, 2014, 10:20 PM
Oh wow, that actually sounds really cool in my opinion XD

But I wouldn't be upset if they changed it based on what a multitude of people think, after all, majority should rule... XD

Gardios
Jan 22, 2014, 10:26 PM
I don't mind the sound itself, but I can see how grating it could become with 3 or more people with those in your party.

Chdata
Jan 22, 2014, 10:38 PM

That sounds amazing.

UnLucky
Jan 22, 2014, 10:47 PM
Heard one in my last run, and it's noticeably louder than any other SFX going on.

Now I just gotta see multiple people with the camo doing their blasts all at once.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 22, 2014, 10:49 PM
open the video 12 times

final_attack
Jan 22, 2014, 10:52 PM
That's why ..... let's meet up, and do 12/12 mpa with everyone using the new tmg camo? :3 Let's see how it will go ..... ^^;

Aine
Jan 22, 2014, 10:55 PM
Just watching that video doesn't give you an idea of why the sound is annoying. It's the way you hear the constant DING DING DING coming from somewhere over everything else in the MPA.

btw-Niji
Jan 22, 2014, 11:53 PM
Just watching that video doesn't give you an idea of why the sound is annoying. It's the way you hear the constant DING DING DING coming from somewhere over everything else in the MPA.
This.

Also, you should play a melee class so you can experience how loud it really gets when you're close to the target the gunner is attacking. :wacko:

Freshellent
Jan 23, 2014, 12:22 AM
I thought it would be worse, but I won't hold it against people that don't care much for it.

That's interesting, screeching, orgasm lolis are perfectly acceptable but pew pew laser guns are not.

The Walrus
Jan 23, 2014, 12:24 AM
LOLIS ARE A NATIONAL TREASURE

moeri
Jan 23, 2014, 12:48 AM
Just listened to the sounds from the camo. I Love it myself

NoiseHERO
Jan 23, 2014, 01:16 AM
Man I remember the migranes I used to get from fighting beats gunshot sound punches with my loudass headphones.

I think that's half the reason I sold them(even though I loved those fists) The other reason being that they're fists, more specifically, fuck fighter.

Grady219
Jan 23, 2014, 02:06 AM

That sound effect when it hits something gives me a headache....

Nythain
Jan 23, 2014, 02:34 AM

The sound during Messiah Time was pretty awesome. After that, the normal sound isn't that great. Not sure if it's annoying or pain inducing, but it doesn't accomplish a gun sound. Not even a laser sound. Too high and "pingy".

Alenoir
Jan 23, 2014, 03:07 AM
This.

Also, you should play a melee class so you can experience how loud it really gets when you're close to the target the gunner is attacking. :wacko:

This too. Happened to stand next to something a GU with that camo is attacking, the sound effect is really loud compared to everything else hitting on the same target.

Keyblade59
Jan 23, 2014, 03:29 AM
I'm running around doing the new LQ and I'm like "what the hell whose firing bubbles" oh wait it's someone with those damn mechguns my god is it annoying as hell it's like someone is blowing and popping bubbles in your ear

Enforcer MKV
Jan 23, 2014, 03:50 AM
LOLIS ARE A NATIONAL TREASURE

Maybe in some strange alternate reality.

...A very sad, loathsome alternate reality.

I'd like to see a few more female chars that actually, ya know, look like they could properly hold half the weapons in this game without struggling, let alone actually fight effectively with them.

Willful suspension of disbelief only gets a fella so far.

Macman
Jan 23, 2014, 04:44 AM
Amen Enforcer. I like my women taller than 4'.

Kondibon
Jan 23, 2014, 05:14 AM
I actually find the sound kind of relaxing. I do think it should have the volume lowered though. Arksenth is probably right though. Once this gets fixed the price is gonna skyrocket. Those of you who actually want them should probably keep them and wait instead of selling them.

Maybe in some strange alternate reality.

...A very sad, loathsome alternate reality.

I'd like to see a few more female chars that actually, ya know, look like they could properly hold half the weapons in this game without struggling, let alone actually fight effectively with them.

Willful suspension of disbelief only gets a fella so far.http://i.imgur.com/ZzVI17i.jpg

Dark Priest
Jan 23, 2014, 05:18 AM
i seriously have to turn sound effects down just to not hear that crap, i honestly don't blame people kicking for that. i almost went insane when 2 people where doing the limited quest with them. they need to tone that volume down. actually, who thought that thing was a good idea anyway..

And then people asking 1 mil+ for it? it's like paying to hear 2 babies crying in your ear loud all day.

jcart953
Jan 23, 2014, 06:29 AM
Meh the sound isn't to bad, if people don't like it though just turned down your volume or listen to something else.

landman
Jan 23, 2014, 06:38 AM
Me, on the contrary, had to turn the volume up, in order to hear what was that sound, and at fist I was wondering if it was some player with the goldfish fin lol.

At least this is a camo, the best twin handguns for some classes in PSU were the Ruby Bullet!!!

HIT0SHI
Jan 23, 2014, 07:47 AM
Me, on the contrary, had to turn the volume up, in order to hear what was that sound, and at fist I was wondering if it was some player with the goldfish fin lol.

At least this is a camo, the best twin handguns for some classes in PSU were the Ruby Bullet!!!

^ I second this!
[SPOILER-BOX]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1e-FPGuAHTY/TdacMlveXLI/AAAAAAAACaQ/IbS0b1aruBw/s1600/zillion.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

TaigaUC
Jan 23, 2014, 08:29 AM
I'm just going to clarify this again for anyone who doesn't really understand the situation (and cares enough to read this long-ass post... which will probably be nobody).

Whether anyone personally doesn't mind the sound is completely irrelevant.
The fact of the matter is that the sound bothers a considerable amount of people to the point that they have to:
- Lower their audio volume or mute it entirely
- Kick/avoid anyone who uses the sound
- Completely avoid playing in parties
NO sound effect should result in the above scenarios.
It's absolutely unacceptable sound design.
I would be surprised and disgusted if someone studied sound design, used such a sound, and didn't fail the course.

There are people saying the sound effect even gives them a headache and/or tinnitus.
I don't think they're exaggerating, because the sound echoes in my ears as well.
This whole thing is akin to the incident of the Pokemon commercial with flashing lights that induced epilepsy.
There's a reason why many games warn of epileptic seizures now.

I'm interested in the gun camo for its appearance, but the sound hurts my ears.
Sure, it's not the only sound in the game that's bad.
Zodiac weapon camos, for example, all have an irritating high-pitched grating "SCHKWINGGGKK!" sound.
It's why I don't use those camos and regret having purchased them.
Much of SEGA's sound design sucks, but this is hands down the most jarring.
It's loud, and it constantly resounds repeatedly without any variation.

Again, if the sound doesn't bother you, then good for you.
But at least be aware that it does legitimately bother other people.
This isn't like some random person taking great offense at an unintended vague reference.
People are actually feeling physically ill as a result of this sound effect.

I know that a lot of people don't give a shit about anyone else.
They like to smoke in the faces of people suffering from asthma.
They like to play loud bass at full blast in residential areas during sleeping hours.
They intentionally cough and spit on food being served to other people.
If you're one of those people, then this thread isn't addressed to you.
Just keep doing what you're doing (and preferably stay away from me).

For everyone else, remember this incident when something physically bothers you, yet nobody cares to understand.
Nobody gets to choose their physical bodies.
Nobody can fully control how their environment and body influence each other.
It's unreasonable and selfish to expect everyone else's body to function the exact same way as your own.
The world would be a much better place if people simply understood that.

None of us asked for this sound to attack our ear drums.
We didn't choose to complain for fun. We're not masochists.
Well, I can say with confidence that I'm not.
I can't really speak for anyone else regarding that.

Saffran
Jan 23, 2014, 08:58 AM
>"it's all about me, I'm fine with it, so you have to be the problem!"
And that was exactly going to be MY point.
You have oversensitive senses.
You have an opinion about sound design.
The camo doesn't please your senses nor your opinion about sound design, so SEGA has to work on it and change it all and in the meanwhile, all other 3 million users are prohibited to use that camo? Because *you* don't like it?
Seriously?

Yes, japanese people tend to not mess around with the opinions and sensitivity of others.
Japanese people also need to be kicked in the face for this very attitude, because it leads to tons of problems in their social and political life (and it explains a good chunk of their higher suicide rate).

The more personal stuff:
As for your oversensitive senses, going to a doctor would be bad, he'd be filling you with psychotropes (to dull your senses of perception) and that yould lead to a legion of problems in their own ways.
A (insert wahtever word you prefer to describe a doctor handling the psychological aspects of your life) is probably the only type of doctor that would be helpful, although that would be like taking the blame when you know you didn't do it. Still, much better than psychotropes.
I'm sensing you really resented the use of the word shrink. I do apologize if that is the case.

And finally, the bit about trolling about words and the population was referring to something I had written, but edited out for a variety of reasons.

final_attack
Jan 23, 2014, 08:59 AM
And then people asking 1 mil+ for it? it's like paying to hear 2 babies crying in your ear loud all day.

And here I am .... bought it for 2 mil ..... and kinda regret that since I only able to use it in the lobby (I can't stand the sound effect too, kinda sting in my ears) =="

Now, I'll just wait for Sega to fix it a bit .... and I might be able to actually use it for a change sometime ^^;

Emp
Jan 23, 2014, 09:04 AM
And here I am .... bought it for 2 mil ..... and kinda regret that since I only able to use it in the lobby (I can't stand the sound effect too, kinda sting in my ears) =="

Now, I'll just wait for Sega to fix it a bit .... and I might be able to actually use it for a change sometime ^^;

Best idea is to resell it. I wouldn't wait on Sega to fix it when I can always get my money and re buy it when its cheaper. Im glad I did.

final_attack
Jan 23, 2014, 09:12 AM
Oh right, since people already know it, I'm gonna delete the video ^^; I usually not upload this kind of thing, so yeah ^^; Sorry about that ^^;

Or maybe I'll post the video elsewhere and link it here .... ^^;

gigawuts
Jan 23, 2014, 09:16 AM
If it gives people headaches I can totally understand disliking it.

Sega should have playtested with it before putting it into the game. If this was several other companies they would have played the game with it and gone "actually, no, this is super gaudy, change it to something else."

The bubbley firing sound is perfect. The high pitched hitsound should go - either to be replaced or completely muted. I mean, I tune it out and am completely unbothered by it, but the point stands.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 23, 2014, 09:17 AM
So we going to get a 100% Triboost for this when?

Atmius
Jan 23, 2014, 09:17 AM
That sound effect when it hits something gives me a headache....

The sound effect of the new TMG camo is less annoying than the sound of gardinans that aren't dead, because it doesn't matter *where* you are on the map, you can hear that annoying as hell sound constantly until they're all dead.

jooozek
Jan 23, 2014, 09:48 AM
it LITERALLY gives me a fucking headache

Coatl
Jan 23, 2014, 10:23 AM
It doesn't bother me at all. It just sounds like someone tapping their fingers on something metal or something. Much less annoying than some of the other noises some photon twin machines guns make with their annoying PEW PEW PEW sound.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 23, 2014, 10:51 AM
It doesn't bother me at all. It just sounds like someone tapping their fingers on something metal or something. Much less annoying than some of the other noises some photon twin machines guns make with their annoying PEW PEW PEW sound.

I personally get annoyed from the Yas series for some reason. I was nice in PSO1 cause it was slow but its literally rapid fire here and its quite annoying.

Emp
Jan 23, 2014, 11:21 AM
If it gives people headaches I can totally understand disliking it.

Sega should have playtested with it before putting it into the game. If this was several other companies they would have played the game with it and gone "actually, no, this is super gaudy, change it to something else."

The bubbley firing sound is perfect. The high pitched hitsound should go - either to be replaced or completely muted. I mean, I tune it out and am completely unbothered by it, but the point stands.

This could all be avoided if Sega was smart enough to use a test server.

Shadowth117
Jan 23, 2014, 12:08 PM
This could all be avoided if Sega was smart enough to use a test server.

Or if they tested this for any period of time in their dev server. At all.

Vintasticvin
Jan 23, 2014, 12:47 PM
=/ This thread is making me wanna get the camo... Most obnoxious and hated outfit with the most hated weapon camo= Flawless Victory :D

gigawuts
Jan 23, 2014, 12:51 PM
I think this camo made someone unfriend me.

A++ will spam again.

Squall179
Jan 23, 2014, 01:16 PM
=/ This thread is making me wanna get the camo... Most obnoxious and hated outfit with the most hated weapon camo= Flawless Victory :D

Whats the most hated outfit?

Coatl
Jan 23, 2014, 01:44 PM
I would assume the rappy suits.

Vintasticvin
Jan 23, 2014, 01:45 PM
Whats the most hated outfit?

I dunno =/ Stringkini? That thing the big boobied sister wears... Helma body and legs?

The Walrus
Jan 23, 2014, 01:51 PM
I would've guessed clogs

Vintasticvin
Jan 23, 2014, 02:55 PM
I would've guessed clogs

BRILLIANT!!!!!

deahamlet
Jan 23, 2014, 03:39 PM
There's being annoying based on personal taste/distaste and then there's being too loud. This camo is way louder than everything else and it's a bad thing. What kind of sound it is, it doesn't matter to me but I set volume to a certain level and expect games to respect those settings not blast my ears at 5% and overwhelm all other sounds. Especially if close to target, it's blasting.

People can do whatever they want, but to me this item is bugged and not performing properly and that is SEGA's fault. I'm not going to bitch at anyone but Sega.

I don't think this is a matter of disliking the particular sound but of the sound disregarding settings and volume threshold.

gigawuts
Jan 23, 2014, 04:12 PM
Aida should add an option to the tweaker to delete this sound file :wacko:

pkemr4
Jan 23, 2014, 04:14 PM
i play with everything muted so this doesnt bother me. but i do think sega should fix this issue.

Squall179
Jan 23, 2014, 04:44 PM
There's being annoying based on personal taste/distaste and then there's being too loud. This camo is way louder than everything else and it's a bad thing. What kind of sound it is, it doesn't matter to me but I set volume to a certain level and expect games to respect those settings not blast my ears at 5% and overwhelm all other sounds. Especially if close to target, it's blasting.

People can do whatever they want, but to me this item is bugged and not performing properly and that is SEGA's fault. I'm not going to bitch at anyone but Sega.

I don't think this is a matter of disliking the particular sound but of the sound disregarding settings and volume threshold.

I don't know if its my own install of the game or not but... the male "WIld Oni" outfit has this THUNDEROUS Smashy stomp noise, its VERY Loud to me, I wonder if its an error with their sound files on these new items maybe.

deahamlet
Jan 23, 2014, 09:36 PM
I don't know if its my own install of the game or not but... the male "WIld Oni" outfit has this THUNDEROUS Smashy stomp noise, its VERY Loud to me, I wonder if its an error with their sound files on these new items maybe.

It's not just you, it's also crazy loud. It seems to me louder than the previous outfits with that kind of shoe.

Squall179
Jan 23, 2014, 10:57 PM
It's not just you, it's also crazy loud. It seems to me louder than the previous outfits with that kind of shoe.

Indeed, the Akira Repca, the Bath towel, the swimpants with no sandals, they all make that slappy quiet noise that makes sense. THis? STOMPING GIANT ZAKU 2 noises. LOUD ones. Same sound as the armor Jean wears but...MUCH louder. I suspect Sega botched something in the sound testing maybe.

pkemr4
Jan 23, 2014, 11:24 PM
just bought them and tryed them for myself. i can still hear the ringing even after my game is closed..... @_@

ThaiSoup
Jan 24, 2014, 01:23 AM
You aint gonna stop people from using em. People can just solo party and watch all the people hatin on the sidelines.

1.^
2. Join as Multi Party
3. ???
4. Win(Troll) Game (Community)

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 02:20 AM
If I read correctly, supposedly the camo designer themselves has complained that the sound is noisy and they want people to send in requests to change it.
They admitted that they're enjoying the fuss a little, though.

デザイン書いた本人もこの音は流石にうるさいと思っているのですが(ī・ω・`)要望送れ送れ ー -- 突如の書き込み失礼? 2014-01-23 (木) 13:51:33 New

まさか沙凪さんご本人…!? -- 2014-01-23 (木) 14:02:39 New

そのまさかだ!証拠はないけどな!まあ本人としてはちょっとしたボヤ騒ぎみたいで見てて楽しいので要望送っ た上で好きなだけ騒げ騒げー!とだけ言っておきます -- 小木主 2014-01-23 (木) 14:40:33 New

^ From http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?Comments%2F%EF%BC%8A%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AC%E 3%82%AF%E3%83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%95%E3%82%A3%E3%83% 8B%E3%82%B9

Indeed, the Akira Repca, the Bath towel, the swimpants with no sandals, they all make that slappy quiet noise that makes sense. THis? STOMPING GIANT ZAKU 2 noises. LOUD ones. Same sound as the armor Jean wears but...MUCH louder. I suspect Sega botched something in the sound testing maybe.

I haven't heard that sound yet, but several of the footstep sounds in PSO2 have always gotten on my nerves.
It's especially irritating when you realize that the footstep sounds never match the surfaces you're walking on, unlike most other games.
If I recall correctly, in UDK, footstep sounds can be defined in the materials used for walkable surfaces.

Taurus83
Jan 24, 2014, 04:55 AM
black and white feather weapon camo kill the eardrum?

btw-Niji
Jan 24, 2014, 04:58 AM
black and white feather weapon camo kill the eardrum?
Yes, especially when you're up close to the Gunner's target.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 12:03 PM
I heard the ogre thing earlier. Just one or two steps, but it sounded awful.
I think they made it loud on purpose, to make them sound like ogres.
It's still shitty sound design.

Here's a fun comment from the JP swiki:

男なら、これ持ってオウガ着て壁に向かってインフィしながら走り続けたら最高にうるさそう

"If you're a guy, you can probably be uber noisy by using this gun camo and wearing the ogre costume, then keep using infinity fire while running into a wall."

gigawuts
Jan 24, 2014, 12:40 PM
I heard the ogre thing earlier. Just one or two steps, but it sounded awful.
I think they made it loud on purpose, to make them sound like ogres.
It's still shitty sound design.

Here's a fun comment from the JP swiki:

"If you're a guy, you can probably be uber noisy by using this gun camo and wearing the ogre costume, then keep using infinity fire while running into a wall."

How did they know my setup?

UnLucky
Jan 24, 2014, 12:45 PM
Now this I gotta see.

If only there were 12 male characters on the server to do it

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 12:54 PM
Haha. I was thinking that's probably why I've only heard the stomping once so far.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 24, 2014, 07:19 PM
I recall Twin ruby bullet was the most annoying TMG from PSU now they release a similar annoying sound for a TMG on PSO2 , lol @ that,

Emp
Jan 24, 2014, 07:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaSjwAu3yrI

The lava is the camo, slowly consuming my brain <-- the can

Scarlet-Star
Jan 24, 2014, 07:58 PM
Seriously... are people really, SERIOUSLY- you know what, I'm just done... this is... sad.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 08:08 PM
I think the sound is even worse if you have a good memory.
It always resounds in my head for a long while after I hear it.

Seriously... are people really, SERIOUSLY- you know what, I'm just done... this is... sad.
The sad part is people refusing to acknowledge that other people's senses don't all function the exact same way.
I've linked this video to people who don't play PSO2, and they've all said that the sound is annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJkOfTOElZA&t=12s

To get the full effect, open multiple windows of that video, fast forward them all to 12 seconds, and make sure volume is on maximum.

Coatl
Jan 24, 2014, 08:18 PM
Ahh I realized why it doesn't annoy me. I have sound effects down pretty low.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 24, 2014, 08:29 PM
Ahh I realized why it doesn't annoy me. I have sound effects down pretty low.

That is all people need to do, turn down the sound effects, i find guld and milla's sound effects to be worst than this new TMG camo

deahamlet
Jan 24, 2014, 09:04 PM
That is all people need to do, turn down the sound effects, i find guld and milla's sound effects to be worst than this new TMG camo

My sound effects are damn low already. Still obnoxious (I want to hear enemies and such still to some extent).

The video posted does not have the sound if you sit next to the enemy that a gunner is hitting.

My love bird started making scandal when he heard the video, LOL, even he finds it horrid.

moeri
Jan 25, 2014, 12:48 AM
I love the sound the more I hear It. I actually want to buy it almost just for the sound in case I ever go gunner. It reminds me a out of those anime racing videos.

Geistritter
Jan 25, 2014, 11:59 AM
This shit was driving me crazy during base defense yesterday. Glad to hear there's been an uproar about it.

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2014, 05:55 PM
Ugh. I feel like I'm going deaf from the sound. No joke.
Edit: I forgot to mention that I only play around 3 multi-parties a day. 1-2 limited quest, and 1 Tower Defense.

I was in a multiparty where 2 or 3 people were using it, and it was louder than fuck.
Even if I turn the SE volume down from 80 to 20 or less, the sound can easily be heard.

Despite the screen and audio being filled with combat, this gun camo sound easily stands out above all other sounds by far.
As I've said before, it's because it stacks and amplifies infinitely, especially because of the consistency of repeated Gunner shots, making it multiple times louder than any other sound.

At least this stupidity is making it easy to tell who is selfish, ignorant and inconsiderate.
It's probably the reason why JP people are blocking anyone who uses it.
Funny thing is it's almost always English-named players that I see using it in multiparties.
I bet a lot of people play without sound, though.

Well, I did my part and sent SEGA another complaint.
Because SEGA changing a sound is just so hard for them to do.
Like making sure each patch doesn't implode in some way.

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2014, 06:35 PM
I should have thought of this sooner.

How to complain to SEGA about it:

For those who are bothered by the sound, here's the link to send a complaint to SEGA:

In the box, paste this:

*エレクティフィニスの効果音についてですが、
とてもうるさくて頭と耳が痛いです。
早く何とかしてくださいとお願いしたいです。

"Regarding the sound effect of *Electifinis,
it is very noisy and hurts my head and ears.
I would like to request that you do something about it quickly."

You may receive an error message:

現在投稿が行えません。
時間をおいて再度お試しくださいますようお願いいたします。

If so, try again at a later time.

final_attack
Jan 26, 2014, 06:43 PM
Cool.

Thanks for the guide. Posted on PSO2 page ^o^

jooozek
Jan 26, 2014, 06:44 PM
went ahead and sent because i have to turn off my speakers whenever someone uses that camo

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2014, 06:54 PM
Sorry I didn't think of it earlier. Been kinda out of it lately.

Kikikiki
Jan 26, 2014, 07:42 PM
I got a chance to experience this and holy shit I had to switch to Bow and Gunslash most of the time because of the echo it makes.

Aine
Jan 26, 2014, 10:31 PM
The worst part is that people using the camo probably won't even notice it themselves, because it's the bullet collision sound that's annoying, not the bullet fire sound.

moeri
Jan 27, 2014, 01:06 AM
Huh... Im going to be sad when this camo is changed, since I like the sound.

Oh well majority should win I guess

TaigaUC
Jan 27, 2014, 01:20 AM
It might become a better sound.
I wonder if the people defending the sound ever considered that.

I don't think it's a matter of majority winning.
I think that if something is seriously bothering people, it should be changed in some way.
The sound is making people block/avoid others, and is physically hurting them. That's pretty serious.

Even if it was only affecting a tiny handful of people, it's still worth addressing.
It's not like it'd take a lot of time or money to fix it so that more people are happy.
This is different from dumbing down games for casuals, which usually leads to completely different results.

It'd be pretty easy for me to take the current sound and edit it to be acceptable for everyone.
If we were allowed to mod the game, I would have done so ages ago. I'm not even a sound design professional.
I'd have probably fixed a lot of shitty clothing clipping and other problems, too.

The last thing a game creator wants is to alienate or polarize players like this sound is doing.
SEGA's a bit different. I don't think they really care unless a lot of money is involved.

Aine
Jan 27, 2014, 04:49 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=2973

welp they're going to lower the volume
who wants to bet they'll only lower the firing sound volume and not the collision sound volume

Gardios
Jan 27, 2014, 04:57 AM
Can they lower the volume of the new costumes as well while they're at it... e_e

TaigaUC
Jan 27, 2014, 05:00 AM
I just saw that notice as well.
They basically said they received a lot of complaints and will adjust the volume.

I don't know if that's going to solve the problem, because just hearing the sound at all makes me feel sick now. Thanks, SEGA.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 27, 2014, 05:15 AM
and thus, the price inflation of Elec-woooblargarglbarh.

Inazuma
Jan 27, 2014, 06:04 AM
I did a lot of MPA today and there was usually one player using the camo. I can see how some people can think it's annoying because it certainly can be. The sound effect is very unique and stands out above all other sound effects, which in itself is a problem, but depending on where you stand, it can be very loud.

It got to the point where I had to ask someone to stop using it. I asked them in both Japanese and English. Of course, they completely ignored me and kept on using it. Some people are just assholes.

Nice to see Sega knows about it and plans to do something. I just hope they actually fix it.

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2014, 06:06 AM
I don't see what everyone is bitching about =/ The impact SE sounds pretty cool like you cleared a line trash in a drop puzzle game or them new marble shooters :D I'm immune to noise thanks to my gaming preference....

BIG OLAF
Jan 27, 2014, 07:14 AM
Like pretty much every other noise in the game, it's not even noticeable if you're not focusing on it, specifically. I guess most people just can't train their brains to tune it out?

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2014, 08:07 AM
Like pretty much every other noise in the game, it's not even noticeable if you're not focusing on it, specifically. I guess most people just can't train their brains to tune it out?

^ Olaf knows best

gigawuts
Jan 27, 2014, 08:13 AM
Finally, then I'll get to go back to using it when solo without risking not being mooned by anyone.

jooozek
Jan 27, 2014, 08:27 AM

pretty much just like you could fish out a cockroach from a dish, rite

TaigaUC
Jan 27, 2014, 09:35 AM
@jooozek
Haha. Nice example.

No, it is very noticeable because the sound undeniably and factually has properties that make it stand out.
The sharp, ringing echo, the high pitch, the repeated consistency, and the loudness.
Even at a distance or at low volume, when other sounds are inaudible, it immediately stands out.
It's like trying to tell me that a hysterical woman shrieking at the top of her voice is unnoticeable in a crowd of men snoring.

Contrary to my brain tuning it out, it has now been tuned to react adversely to it.
Yours would too, under circumstances similar to the above.
Ever heard of Pavlov's response theory? Or classical conditioning?

Regardless, considerate humans would understand that the sound is seriously bothering other people.
They wouldn't keep trying to find excuses to dismiss other people's suffering.
Imagine if I stabbed you in the leg, and then argued that it can't possibly be hurting, because my leg isn't hurting.
"Can't you train your brain to tune out the pain?"
See how ridiculous that sounds?
This is why I say the world would be a better place if everyone was forced to experience life from other perspectives.

I was just in a TD where two people were using the gun camo. It immediately hurt my ears and made me cringe.
I had to avoid two towers until I got the chance to turn the sound effects volume off. Again.
I wonder if the people who like the sound have very low volume and/or just haven't heard multiple people using it in a group.
Part of the reason why people don't understand is because they may be experiencing the sound under different environments.

Interestingly, when I tried to re-encode a recording of the sound from a video with 5.1 channels of audio to a 2 channel stereo MP3, the loudness of that sound lost its bite.
It's possible that people using more than 2 channels are having a much worse experience.
That might also explain why SEGA failed to notice it.
They may be testing the game in a cheaper, lower spec environment.

^ Olaf knows best
I think "know" is the keyword here.
Is Olaf experienced with sound design? Are you?
I know I am.

Did the two of you experiment with the sound in different sound environments?
Did you send the sound to other people to see if they found it irritating?
I did. And yes, they all found it irritating.

The people I know are also professional artists, designers, game developers, or have studied in such areas.
They've also been playing games for a very long time, as have I.
I think we would have a pretty good idea of what we're talking about.

Anyway, I did say I wasn't going to waste anymore time arguing about this.
I guess I can't resist trying to make things clear. But there's no point if people intentionally blind themselves to the facts.
Everyone just wants to believe what they want to believe. They don't want to accept new information.
Denial is an ugly thing.

Some people are just assholes.
Just about sums everything up, I think.

Emp
Jan 27, 2014, 11:01 AM
So when will they adjust it? I cant read jp.

deahamlet
Jan 27, 2014, 01:06 PM
"at a later time", Emp, whatever that means *rolls eyes*
---

Honestly, I bought the camos and as a gunner with zero range, it's worse than someone else using it in an MPA. It's terrible simply because it's too loud. I have the sound affects at a certain level for a reason, I want them to be at that level and this damn thing does not obey my settings. The sound type is alright, whatever, that's a preference issue. Maybe it's because I have surround headphones, good stuff, instead of cheap crapolas... would it really be less loud if I had 10 dollar headphones?

I abused my friends and used the camo for 2 minutes in le Tacos to see if people/I were just being sensitive or whatever. Poor guys, it was horrible for me and for them.

I'm glad sega is touching the volume but not the sound quality itself. Again, sound type is a matter of personal taste, sound volume is a universal bad thing if it's louder than all other effects (and it is, by a long shot). Telling people to tune out something above the level of every other sound is kind of asinine but I cannot say I am surprised some people on this forum would suggest that. Not sure if they are trolling, embracing the anonymous ass-titude in all of us, or simply THAT inconsiderate.

Emp
Jan 27, 2014, 01:28 PM
Tbh I would like them to change the sound completely. You know... make it more related to the name. How about an electricity type of sound. Buzzbuzzbuzz instead of a loud dingdingding.

btw-Niji
Jan 27, 2014, 01:49 PM
Good troll attempt, but you need to work on it better.

TaigaUC
Jan 27, 2014, 01:55 PM
I don't think he was even trolling. People just don't understand the problem.

I noticed Electifinis' price jumped from 1.8m to 3m.
Arksenth at work or something.

shagia
Jan 27, 2014, 04:54 PM
Hah! playing PSO2 with volume.

/gets blindsided

right? lol. I usually have PSO going through my speakers and music through my interface to my headphones, I find it much more enjoyable like that :I

Maybe I passed by a few people using it but I've been playing like this for a few months now.

New Tmg Camo (Elektifinis) sound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9z9HAt0tGw)

whoaaaa, those upper mids. hell, even with SE turned down it probably sounds piercing. at first it sounds "annoying" but holy hell, keep hearing that over and over again and it's over, lmao

open the video 12 times

make a video and preface it with
The Most Annoying Sound In The World - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs)

i had to (https://soundcloud.com/deadformant/psow-2/s-yWAxz)

UnLucky
Jan 27, 2014, 05:30 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/LiT9laq.png[/SPOILER-BOX]
If someone is using this camo it is the only SFX I can hear.

The relative volume is what bothers me the most, so hopefully the patch is all I need to save my ears. It'll probably still be hell with multiple people using it, but whatcha gonna do?

BIG OLAF
Jan 27, 2014, 05:40 PM
They wouldn't keep trying to find excuses to dismiss other people's suffering.
Imagine if I stabbed you in the leg, and then argued that it can't possibly be hurting, because my leg isn't hurting.
"Can't you train your brain to tune out the pain?"
See how ridiculous that sounds?

Yup, I see how ridiculous that sounds because it's not even close to what's being discussed here.

An "annoying" noise in a a video game = being physically assaulted by someone with a blade, everyone. Apparently.

Hokay.

I think "know" is the keyword here.
Is Olaf experienced with sound design? Are you?
I know I am.

The people I know are also professional artists, designers, game developers, or have studied in such areas.
They've also been playing games for a very long time, as have I.
I think we would have a pretty good idea of what we're talking about.

Well excuse us, Mister Professional. Is this guy serious? I've never seen someone so very, very assmad about a noise in a video game.

UnLucky
Jan 27, 2014, 05:46 PM
If your foot hurts, you are in pain.

Doesn't matter if no other part of your body is currently injured, you feel pain all the same.

What, you going to kill yourself so you don't have to feel your foot anymore?

shagia
Jan 27, 2014, 06:14 PM
Well excuse us, Mister Professional. Is this guy serious? I've never seen someone so very, very assmad about a noise in a video game.

Actually, yes, because it sounds like the output of this noise was actually a huge (possibly lazy) mistake. From what everyone has been describing it just sounds like it's completely out of place in game, no matter where your focus is at.

W7 volume mixer for pso2.exe: 3%
Ingame SE volume: 65%

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/LiT9laq.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

that, and 'professionally' speaking, the upper mids are fucking TOO LOUD on that sound and they really need to tune it's reverb or it's delay, that feedback is completely out of control. It's obviously a sound that was loud on the upper mid, so the sound designers should of left the feedback alone IMO. If it was a single looping sound, or just playing as a 'one-shot' without the reverb / delay, I can surely bet that it would be LESS annoying. It's the delay on the sound that's causing feedback in the upper mids, and that's bad, and unacceptable. It causes a hiss noise in some cases, and a constant hiss is awful. It's probably the worst frequency to screw up besides having muddy mids or hissy highs. Yes, it's just one weapon sound, and "barely anyone uses it", but why keep that kind of ideology with audio in video games? Or just video games in general? This stuff is important in a certain value, and someone obviously messed up here..There's gotta be a reason to fix it.

that, and what TaigaUC said, the environments REALLY do matter when it comes to ingame sound, so this sound could possibly differ in many different areas. (unless if SEGA is too lazy to get their audio crew to make different audio environments based on what environment they're working on so it all just ends up sounding the same. lol)

what an awful sound. I'd be annoyed if I had to constantly hear that in almost every. Either it's both a sound design error AND ingame error to the point where it was just TOO loud, or the file itself was so loud that it completely breaks the volume limit expectation.

So yes, that guy is 'assmad' about a sound. And I'm concerned about what the process of making the sound was.

gigawuts
Jan 27, 2014, 06:15 PM
If your foot hurts, you are in pain.

Doesn't matter if no other part of your body is currently injured, you feel pain all the same.

What, you going to kill yourself so you don't have to feel your foot anymore?

How much pain?

shagia
Jan 27, 2014, 06:20 PM
bleeding pain

gigawuts
Jan 27, 2014, 06:25 PM
Bleeding isn't that bad.

shagia
Jan 27, 2014, 06:31 PM
True. I usually sneeze blood every few hours. No biggie, really.

btw-Niji
Jan 27, 2014, 06:38 PM
BIG OLAF, please teach me how to "train" my brain to focus on something else when I'm playing LQ as katana braver with at least 2 other players in the MPA using that camo and the sound bleeds through my music player while volume of PSO2 exe is extremely low.

Sacrificial
Jan 27, 2014, 06:58 PM
BIG OLAF, please teach me how to "train" my brain to focus on something else when I'm playing LQ as katana braver with at least 2 other players in the MPA using that camo and the sound bleeds through my music player while volume of PSO2 exe is extremely low.

funny i cant hear it with my music =/
As for "training", once you are annoyed by it you can't unhear it. thats why you call it noise.
I kinda like the sound from it, so for me its not noise. Does't mean because i don't mindthe sound, it shouldnt get patched though lol

shagia
Jan 27, 2014, 07:18 PM
This whole thing reminds me of the War Tapes audio mode incident on Battlefield 4 which was 'supposed' to make the war sound like 'a war', but it just sounded like a overcompressed mess.

War Tapes was such a good audio mode on Bad Company 2, it died in BF3, and it got worse on BF4. War Tapes in BF4 was so over-driven and the phase cancellation was awful. You'd hear constant high and low distortion from explosions (not good / aimed distortion, literal audio clipping distortion) and clips would sometimes end up clicking noticeably since most audio files in games aren't meant to 'bleed' out to stop clicking, and War Tapes, instead of switching files that were more suited to be LOUD, just basically pushed the volume up on those audio files. The *worst* fuckin part about it was the compression. (not data compression, dynamic compression. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_range_compression)) Holy heck, normally loud sounds in the game were not loud under the War Tapes audio mode. I.E: tanks fire, gun shots, knife punctures, etc. That also caused other sounds that weren't loud to be LOUDER than the normally loud sounds as in ambience, voiceovers and others. Ambience would be louder than the gun shots, Voice Overs would be louder than tanks.

What made it even worse, was that the sounds that were meant to be loud but weren't (ammunition) were causing ambience to even dip down in volume when they were triggered in actions. kinda sidechaining in compression. It made no sense at all, it was stupid.

A few people who actually cared for the sake of audio in games raised a few topics about it, and a good amount of the community response was "it's just sounds, get over it", "quit being a little bitch about it and just play", etc.

Hell, I'd probably even go far as of saying "this is why some developers come out with awful workarounds to make something worse than what it already was / is" because gamers just let this kind of stuff happen, mainly because "it doesn't matter to them so it shouldn't matter to you."

I mean, hell, some developers provide you with error report sites and forums for a reason. If there's an issue, and you're 200% sure it's an issue, (War Tapes needed to be retooled is all, but that wasn't going to happen.) then why not just report it? Don't go in a topic telling people to "deal with it" because you don't believe it's an issue, that's dumb, lol, Though, the world definitely doesn't only revolve around a typical audiophile, it's just not bad to mention this kind of stuff to get it fixed especially if a development team is completely open to your advice as long as constructive, and this is obviously an issue if even wiki editors mentioned that it was loud and obnoxious.

I'm glad to see that this isn't PSO2's case where the audio is just full retard, but that feedback on the sound is still awful and I'm glad they're going to fix it / retool it. Maybe Wave Master (SEGA's in-house audio development team) needs to step it up. kiddinngggg :wacko:

/rant :argh:

gigawuts
Jan 27, 2014, 07:57 PM
I just tune it out and/or ignore it. Be at peace with the sound; allow the sound to overtake you and envelope you in its heavenly grace.

shagia
Jan 27, 2014, 08:02 PM
I just tune it out and/or ignore it. Be at peace with the sound; allow the sound to overtake you and envelope you in its heavenly grace.

let the bubbles relax you

let it screech into your ear, rupturing your eardrum, also causing conductive hearing loss

WildarmsRE5
Jan 27, 2014, 08:19 PM
._.

*8 people using camo in LQ*
*Still doesn't hear anything*
you guys are just overreacting, I've heard the gun in almost all possible ways and it still doesn't bother me. it's getting "fixed" anyway so why even bother?

you know what grinds my gears? "Yasminkov = RATATATATATATRATATATATA"

Freshellent
Jan 27, 2014, 08:55 PM
Some real special snowflakes we have, don't we?

In any case it's impressive to me that they are bothering to even acknowledge the players in the first place.

shagia
Jan 27, 2014, 09:08 PM
it must of obviously been an issue if they acknowledged it and announced that "they're gonna fix it" in the first place, reeeal special snowflakes, lol

Freshellent
Jan 27, 2014, 09:19 PM
That snowflake comment wasn't directed at you, haha.

I personally think it's an issue and glad it's getting adjusted. For myself and others sake.

shagia
Jan 27, 2014, 09:20 PM
ah, my apologies.

ZER0 DX
Jan 28, 2014, 01:25 AM
I like the sound, doesn't bother me in the slightest. Then again maybe I'm not hearing what everyone else is hearing that's causing an issue? I can't hear pitches over 16khz which is normal for people in their mid twenties. Either way, if it's causing physical pain for some people there may be a deeper underlying issue. Oversensitivity to sounds and light is a sign of autism.

RadiantLegend
Jan 28, 2014, 12:23 PM
That sound is annoying and I'm glad its getting fixed.

Vintasticvin
Jan 28, 2014, 12:37 PM
Oh what a sad day its going to be when they ruin such a lovely sound I'm in tears just thinking about this!

The_Brimada
Jan 28, 2014, 01:04 PM
Doesn't bother me, but glad its getting fixed either way.

TaigaUC
Feb 5, 2014, 08:45 AM
Still not fixed, if anyone's wondering.
I sent them another complaint telling them it's tantamount to torture and that I could fix it in 5 minutes.

If anyone wants me to write a generic complaint begging them to hurry up so that they can submit it, let me know.

final_attack
Feb 5, 2014, 09:14 AM
Oh, still not fixed? I didn't have the time to play recently .... so I haven't heard any .....

Can you PM me the complaint in Japanese, Taiga? I'll send it to Sega too ..... Would love to have it fixed once I have time to play ^^;

Thank you very much ^^

Gama
Feb 5, 2014, 09:27 AM
Aida should add an option to the tweaker to delete this sound file :wacko:

and all of the CODE voices too.

they annoy the fuck out of me.

TaigaUC
Feb 5, 2014, 10:09 AM

In the box, paste this:

*エレクティフィニスの効果音についてですが、
私にとってかなり迷惑をかけています。
できれば、もっと早く修正してください。お願いします。

"Regarding the sound effect of the Electifinis,
it is troubling me considerably.
If you can, please fix it more quickly."

I'm wondering if it's worth looking for the sound in the files and attempting to disable it there.
It's probably packed with other stuff.

Inazuma
Feb 5, 2014, 12:23 PM

The sound annoys me too and I can't believe it's not fixed yet considering how simple it is.

I sent in a complaint in my own words. Basically translates to:

The sound of the Electfinis is already planned to be adjusted, but if possible please hurry. It is offensive to my ears and I am troubled.

Gama
Feb 5, 2014, 12:25 PM
ive only heard it once and i can tell why its so anoying, its high pitch, i just ran away from the person using it.

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2014, 12:26 AM
Thanks to everyone who is assisting in nagging SEGA for a 5-minute fix to a simple problem.

I've found a way to temporarily disable the sound.
But it's against the rules to post it here, so I've removed the information.

BIG OLAF
Feb 7, 2014, 12:30 AM
Wouldn't that be considered 'tampering with game files', or whatever?

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2014, 12:31 AM
It's the same method as removing the censor files or the opening logos.

The English patch is even worse. That involves modifying the game data by circumventing the game's encryption and replacing files.

Totori
Feb 7, 2014, 12:51 AM
Wouldn't that be considered 'tampering with game files', or whatever?

Big Olaf is right this should be against the rules, as you are messing with the game's files.

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2014, 12:56 AM
If Big Olaf is right, the English patch and the Tweaker are also against the rules.

Fleur
Feb 7, 2014, 12:56 AM
There is something ironic about players who most likely use English patch and item patch saying that removing a file is against the rules.

UnLucky
Feb 7, 2014, 12:57 AM
They are against the rules, so you cannot link to either of them on the forums.

Cyron Tanryoku
Feb 7, 2014, 12:59 AM
If Big Olaf is right, the English patch and the Tweaker are also against the rules.
They are
that's why neither can be linked here

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2014, 12:59 AM
I've removed the instructions then.

final_attack
Feb 7, 2014, 02:36 AM
My first game after a while (TA) ..... Elektifinis user (in the party) ..... Nice :wacko:

Feb 7, 2014, 03:17 AM
They are
that's why neither can be linked here

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

:-?:-?:-?

Kikikiki
Feb 7, 2014, 03:26 AM
I should try changing my character's voice to Claris in conjuction with using this camo to amplify the annoyance.

UnLucky
Feb 7, 2014, 04:18 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207248

:-?:-?:-?
And exactly how many links to client modification do you find in that thread?

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2014, 05:06 AM
My first game after a while (TA) ..... Elektifinis user (in the party) ..... Nice :wacko:

Yeah, whenever I try limited quest or TD there's an English-named user Electifinising all over the place. I sure hope the block list has lots of space.

BIG OLAF
Feb 7, 2014, 07:54 AM
There is something ironic about players who most likely use English patch and item patch saying that removing a file is against the rules.

I don't use either. Never have, never will.

KazukiQZ
Feb 7, 2014, 07:57 AM
@TaigaUC Meh...
Found one in one of my TD run, and it's JP name player. Point is, some are okay with the sound, and maybe they didn't know the horrible experience to other people due to mostly soloing or without a caring team/friend to tell them about it (I'm not okay with it, it makes my head spin. For that TD run, I avoid that effing Gunner at all cost, not guarding the same tower as her :p)

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2014, 08:13 AM
There are JP players using it too, of course.
If I had to estimate the ratio of JP to EN Electifinis users I've encountered, it'd be something like 1 JP to 10 EN. If there are multiple people using it, it's usually multiple EN.

I believe the reason is because international users are much less likely to refer to forums for info, so they aren't aware of how irritating the sound is.
I doubt many of them would give a damn anyway.
JP people have 2ch and the swiki comments. They seem to read those pretty often.
There are JP people who specifically said they like the sound and/or camo but are refraining from using it so as to not bother others.
I think there were some here as well, including myself.

I like the appearance but not the sound. Tried using it solo a few times and it always hurts.
The hit sound doesn't even sound like a hit sound. There's no sense of impact.
I have an idea of what they were aiming for with the sound and the visual effect, but the end result is just crappy.

Dark Priest
Feb 7, 2014, 08:39 AM
I don't use either. Never have, never will.

This might actually mean something if Files that simply translate words into english actually caused any harm, but since it doesn't it's funny anyone would even point at this sort of thing. Unless they were trying to look special.

But on topic, while i do agree the sound is quite annoying, i have start noticing far less people using them now. and even then. i don't understand why they are waiting so long to fix it, but it just goes to show you there are certain things they don't care about over others, even if they get tons of complaints.

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2014, 09:36 AM
I don't use the English patch either.
I only started using the tweaker because of the HDD BURST WIPING.

I've been seeing more people using Electifinis now. Probably because the price dropped.
The JP people are also not impressed with SEGA slacking hard on a 5 minute fix.

DeificEpyon
Feb 7, 2014, 02:52 PM
Yeah, the sound is pretty irritating. Earlier there was an english player in my Mining Defense MPA constantly doing infinite fire/regular attacks to one of the towers. He kept following the majority of people around and doing that the entire game...

While I'm sure some people don't mind the sound, I'm quite certain there are some who purposely use them just to annoy others. It'd be nice if SEGA would adjust the damn thing sometime within our lifetimes.

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2014, 03:55 AM
Hit sound volume has been adjusted to the point that it's almost inaudible now.
Weird choice of a fix and it took them forever, but at least it might not bother people anymore?

Edit:
I tried it out for a bit. The shot sound still has some ringing echo to it.
You also can't really tell if your shots are hitting anymore. There's virtually no hit sound

Terrible.

I sent them another complaint, and wrote up a generic complaint for people to send if they want:

In the box, paste this:

武器迷彩「*エレクティフィニス」の効果音について、
ショット効果音はまだうるさいです。
そして、当たるかどうか分かりません。

もう一度効果音を直してください、お願いします。

It basically says:

Regarding the sound effect of the weapon camo "Electifinis",
The shot sound effect is still noisy.
And, I cannot tell if I am hitting or not.

Please fix it one more time, thanks.

Kikikiki
Feb 12, 2014, 04:43 AM
So it's like Pandora Extreme with an actual audible bullet sound now?

Jackpot.

I liked the bullet sound and I will continue doing so. Your report can go home.

TakuBeardedOne
Feb 12, 2014, 04:47 AM
Hmm I donīt know the problem, but i think the sound of the weapon is okay ( i donīt use it). i watched a few pso2 videos of TA and TD with electifinis in it and i thought the sound is not that bad, but the feeling can change if i use headphones.

i take everything back! my ears are bleeding

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2014, 05:46 AM
So it's like Pandora Extreme with an actual audible bullet sound now?

Jackpot.

I liked the bullet sound and I will continue doing so. Your report can go home.

It always had a shot and a hit sound.
Now it just has a shot sound and you can barely hear the hit sound.

Crackpot.

And nobody said you had to stop liking it.
The report is there for people who are still unhappy with the situation.
Believe it or not, there are more people in the world than yourself, and we aren't all identical to you.
Your personal private enjoyment can go home.

UnLucky
Feb 12, 2014, 06:20 AM
So what now, it's just bubbles? Perfect. You couldn't hear those unless you were right next to the Gunner, and it was no more annoying than most weapons.

So long as there isn't a constant drone from all directions louder than all other audio I'm golden.

Typical Sega to completely remove the sound, but whatcha gonna do.

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2014, 06:25 AM
The hit sound is still there, but it's really soft.

The fix is good if you aren't actually using the Electifinis yourself.

Kikikiki
Feb 12, 2014, 06:29 AM
It always had a shot and a hit sound.
Now it just has a shot sound and you can barely hear the hit sound.

I'm sorry but Pandora Extreme doesn't even have an audible bullet sound. I wanted something exactly like what you described.

And nobody said you had to stop liking it.
The report is there for people who are still unhappy with the situation.
Believe it or not, there are more people in the world than yourself, and we aren't all identical to you.
Your personal private enjoyment can go home.

I'm sorry but we don't have serious sound sensitivity disorder like you either.

I agreed, as posted in this thread before, that previously, the hitting sound was ear-grinding, but that was it. I actually liked the bullet firing sound.

I asked around for people in my friend list, teammates in random chatting about what they thought, and they said they're happy with the current adjustments; some of them are glad close-range combat is now no longer a pain. So my "personal private enjoyment" not bothering people around me is pretty enough.

That, and preventing my favorite possession from being removed just because of a tiny of self-centered, unreasonable population is something I would be happy to go home for. See, I'm home now. It's your turn.

gigawuts
Feb 12, 2014, 09:26 AM
And why couldn't they just make the bubble sound the hitsound too?

Sega pls.

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2014, 10:54 AM
I'm sorry but we don't have serious sound sensitivity disorder like you either.
News flash: just because someone is different from you doesn't mean they have a "serious disorder".
Perhaps you have trouble accepting new concepts. I feel sorry for all of your past teachers.

I actually liked the bullet firing sound.
I like the bubbles. I don't like the whistling echoey ringing sound.
There's such a thing as good sound design that doesn't bother so many people.
I can't emphasize that enough. It's not hard to fix the sound without completely replacing it.

I asked around for people in my friend list, teammates in random chatting about what they thought, and they said they're happy with the current adjustments
And how many of those people are using the weapon camo themselves?
Regardless, your friends list and teammates aren't the entirety of the people playing Phantasy Star Online 2. Sorry to say.

There are plenty of other complaints on the JP swiki and 2ch, as well as on here.
If it was just me, I wouldn't have bothered writing instructions for others to complain.
Number of people is irrelevant anyway. An issue is an issue.
By being selective you're implying one person's life is worth less than another's.

If you're talking about complaints after the fix, there are still some complaints at those sites.
Some people are happy that it's fixed, others are saying it's not fixed and they feel they still can't use it without upsetting others or themselves.
Oh, but I guess they must all have serious disorders. Carry on, then. Nothing to see here.

That, and preventing my favorite possession from being removed just because of a tiny of self-centered, unreasonable population

If it was only a "tiny" number of people, SEGA wouldn't have stated that they received a large number of complaints, nor would they have even attempted to fix the sound.
I'd have thought the self-centered and unreasonable people were the ones dismissing valid concerns as woes of the mentally ill.
You must be one of those people who advocated throwing women into psychiatric wards for having emotions.

I'm not going to waste anymore time attempting to address your personal security issues. There are people who get paid to do that.
If you can't see how deluded your perspective is, there is nothing I can do to convince you otherwise. Try a professional.

As I've said many times before, this thread is for people who are concerned about the issue and want to try doing something about it.
If the sound is so important to you, maybe you should send SEGA some feedback and tell them that you're happy with the changes, instead of coming here and putting us down for not agreeing with you.

One more thing - and I've said this before - if this was my game, I'd have fixed it immediately by trying to find a middleground that doesn't upset anybody who bothers to complain to me.
If there's one thing I wouldn't do, I wouldn't tell them that they have a serious disorder.
In fact, when I posted some of my work a while back, I immediately fixed issues that people reported, even if it was only a single person reporting any single problem.
I received a lot of good feedback for addressing the issues so quickly. They were all very pleased.
They hadn't expected me to specifically address their individual issues. It's called being considerate.

I hope companies don't start using the same logic you are.
Consumer: "I ran into this game-breaking glitch."
Company: "Only a lesser percentage of the people who bought our product reported running into that glitch. You must have a serious sensitivity disorder."

And I really hope your day job isn't in customer support.
Caller: "Hi, I'm having an issue with your service."
You: "Sorry, your issue isn't in our database. You must have a serious sensitivity disorder."

Kikikiki
Feb 12, 2014, 11:41 AM
News flash: just because someone is different from you doesn't mean they have a "serious disorder".
Perhaps you have trouble accepting new concepts. I feel sorry for all of your past teachers.

You seem to haven't realized it: what I was saying was after the adjustments. I haven't seen complaints since after it besides you. The large population was before the adjustments. Excuse me but from what I see it, you're the only one that continues complaining about it. You're the one with overly sensitive and unreasonable disorder.

And how many of those people are using the weapon camo themselves?
Regardless, your friends list and teammates aren't the entirety of the people playing Phantasy Star Online 2. Sorry to say.

GUs and FOs walking besides me is probably the same experience as using it. Also sorry to say that you aren't the only one playing PSO2 either.

If you're talking about after the fix, there are still some complaints at those sites.

Yeah, some people like you? Okay, I'll take that as an accomplishment of expanding the population.

I'd have thought the self-centered and unreasonable people were the ones dismissing valid concerns as woes of the mentally ill.
You must be one of those people who advocated throwing women into psychiatric wards for having emotions.

Shouldn't you stop using baseless assumptions by now? Or your own experience, or whatever crap you can come up with that only revolves around you and your self-sophisticated opinions?

As I've said many times before, this thread is for people who are concerned about the issue and want to try doing something about it.
If the sound is so important to you, maybe you should send SEGA some feedback and tell them that you're happy with the changes, instead of coming here and putting us down for not agreeing with you.

You're the deluded one for thinking that everyone still thinks the same. I'm more than happy to give a speech to SEGA to how pleased I am with the camo. But I think I'll just make it short.

One more thing - and I've said this before - if this was my game, I'd have fixed it immediately by trying to find a middleground that doesn't upset anybody who bothers to complain to me.
If there's one thing I wouldn't do, I wouldn't tell them that they have a serious disorder.

Well I'm sorry that this isn't your game because clearly it is not.

And I'm sorry you had to take your time to beautify your post, but in the end it's just your opinion, and yours alone.

Kiyumi
Feb 12, 2014, 01:39 PM
Maybe they could keep the sound for the user but disable it for everyone else?

jcart953
Feb 12, 2014, 08:15 PM
Wow people are still arguing about this stuff lol... Not that I had any issue with it before but I'm curious to hear what it sounds like now. Either way though hope those who wanted the change gets what they want so this thread can die now :-P

UnLucky
Feb 12, 2014, 09:58 PM
I saw some people use it in Falz.

Same exact sound from what I could hear, only it was much much quieter.

I wasn't right on top of them, nor their target, but I could hear their bubbles and pops.

Good fix tbqh imho