PDA

View Full Version : Vita Download or Physical Copy?

kevlar_pso
Jan 23, 2014, 08:25 AM
I picked up my 64 gig mem card for my Vita the other day from the Post Office. I have a bit of a problem. I can create a Hong Kong or Japanese PSN account easily enough and download PSO2. However, I know that I can get a 30 day pass and a few other items if I buy a physical copy. This would also allow me to download a good many Playstation Plus games I have on my US account.

Anyways, I know that Episode 2 is coming out soon also. I just want to make sure I make an educated decision on PSO2 instead of what could be the wrong one.

Any help with my decision would be greatly appreciated!

:)

WildarmsRE5
Jan 23, 2014, 08:35 AM
._.

Episode 2 is already out?

kevlar_pso
Jan 23, 2014, 08:54 AM
._.

Episode 2 is already out?

No, Episode 2 info is on the front page of the site though.

Scale of Judgment
Jan 23, 2014, 08:55 AM
Episode 2 is from last year with the introduction of the dewmans and braver...
Aside from that. It is a personal preference.
Which account are you more attached to and whether you are fine with resetting the vita to switch accounts.

kevlar_pso
Jan 23, 2014, 09:04 AM
Episode 2 is from last year with the introduction of the dewmans and braver...
Aside from that. It is a personal preference.
Which account are you more attached to and whether you are fine with resetting the vita to switch accounts.

I currently have Madden 13, The Walking Dead, Sonic Transformed, Chrono Trigger, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Jet Set Radio on my Vita. I like having space, so I am leaning towards buying the physical copy of PSO2. I am not sure if PSO2 Episode 2 includes Episode one though?

Emp
Jan 23, 2014, 09:06 AM
Unless you like waiting for it to clear customs, I suggest downloading. 64 is like way more than enough mem to cover you and the future updates Sega throws out.

Pugas87
Jan 23, 2014, 09:15 AM
I bought the actual copy from Amazon. Two-day shipping with amazon prime :D

kevlar_pso
Jan 24, 2014, 05:07 PM
I bought the actual copy from Amazon. Two-day shipping with amazon prime :D

Are you able to connect to the servers with your US PSN account and play with the physical copy? Or did you need to create a Japanese account to play online?

Shadowth117
Jan 24, 2014, 05:20 PM
Are you able to connect to the servers with your US PSN account and play with the physical copy? Or did you need to create a Japanese account to play online?

You can. If there's ever stuff on JP PSN for it you won't be able to get it on that account, but so far there are no issues for me running it on my US PSN ID. You have to have a physical copy to use your US PSN though.

jooozek
Jan 24, 2014, 05:23 PM
I am not sure if PSO2 Episode 2 includes Episode one though?

pso2 is pso2, episode 2 is just SEGAs fancy way of saying they released a bigger than usual pack of reskins and a new class, pso2 includes everything, there is no different versions of the game

YodasMaster
Jan 24, 2014, 07:59 PM
Pickup the physical copy so you do not have to constantly format your Vita when switching between JP and US PSN accounts. You can only link your SEGA ID to one PSN, so choose wisely.

kevlar_pso
Jan 27, 2014, 06:59 AM
Pickup the physical copy so you do not have to constantly format your Vita when switching between JP and US PSN accounts. You can only link your SEGA ID to one PSN, so choose wisely.

UPDATE

I created a Japanese PSN account on my PS3 and downloaded PSO2. I was able to load my Japanese PSN ID, after much pain and turmoil, on my Vita. I got PSO2 up and running, but it looks like I need to create a SEGA ID to play. I will have to look up what my ID was on DC and GC. At any rate, I am going to have to pour over the guides here to figure out how to navigate through all the Japanese text.

More than likely, I am going to just buy a physical copy on pay day. I'll use the next two weeks to get familiar. I don't want to have to constantly have to switch back and forth between PSN accounts. What a hassle that is.

landman
Jan 27, 2014, 08:05 AM
The SEGA ID account you create now will be linked to the japanese SEN account, so.. hmmm, you will have to create a new SEGA ID account if you plan to play on your local SEN account when you get the physical copy. Or, you can unlink the account from the japanese SEN account an then use it with another one, but this is a one time only process.

Sara-hime
Jan 27, 2014, 11:28 AM
The Sega ID is probably not related to the Dreamcast or Gamecube games as it's mostly used for their Japanese services. They're help around here and with a bit of help and some trial and error, you'll be navigating those menus in no time. I use the physical version on my JP account. I don't think there will ever be anything offered through PSN, so using it with your most used account would be the most ideal thing to do.

Also know most of the English community is on Ship 2.

kevlar_pso
Jan 27, 2014, 05:55 PM
The Sega ID is probably not related to the Dreamcast or Gamecube games as it's mostly used for their Japanese services. They're help around here and with a bit of help and some trial and error, you'll be navigating those menus in no time. I use the physical version on my JP account. I don't think there will ever be anything offered through PSN, so using it with your most used account would be the most ideal thing to do.

Also know most of the English community is on Ship 2.

I see, I should have figured that DC and GC SEGA ID were for SEGA in the US.

I watched someone play a bunch of PSO2 PC on twitch late last night as I was having trouble sleeping. It looks amazing.

Maybe I will just be content to watch twitch and youtube of PSO2 for now. You can't play offline without a SEGA JPN ID right?

Anyways, are there any former Challenge Mode players or Xbox players on Ship 2? I am looking forward to playing with you all.

The Walrus
Jan 27, 2014, 06:03 PM
You can't play offline at all. It's an online only F2P game.

kevlar_pso
Jan 28, 2014, 02:04 AM
You can't play offline at all. It's an online only F2P game.

I see.

Well, I am backing up PSO2 to my laptop atm. I am going to read up on the faqs and guides tonight after the kids are finally asleep.