PDA

View Full Version : Heads up: Friend Partners don't use Tech Customization

TaigaUC
Jan 23, 2014, 08:29 PM
Just in case anyone intended to make powerful Friend Partners like I wanted to:
Friend Partners don't use Tech Customization.

Probably because SEGA would've had to push it back another month to do so.

Emp
Jan 23, 2014, 08:34 PM
Just in case anyone intended to make powerful Friend Partners like I wanted to:
Friend Partners don't use Tech Customization.

Probably because SEGA would've had to push it back another month to do so.

Kinda obvious when there is no option to give them techs.

TaigaUC
Jan 23, 2014, 08:50 PM
Don't know what you're referring to.
You give them techs by putting them on your weapon palette.

Maybe you were thinking of Support Partners.
You can't give Support Partners techs.

Laxedrane
Jan 23, 2014, 09:00 PM
Kinda obvious when there is no option to give them techs.

He is referring to when you register your character as a NPC. Not Partner characters. Who support character. Or small humaniod you design to get your rocks off on.

Whatever the #%^ they're called.

Edson Drake
Jan 23, 2014, 11:59 PM
Interesting. This means the custom tech is just a layer above the original, it doesn't overwrite it like crafted weapons. Very interesting indeed.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 01:54 AM
Well, the default stats for weapons and techs are still in the game.

Anyway, I'm disappointed. It would've been nice having Friend Partners cast faster.

Sandmind
Jan 24, 2014, 02:44 AM
Not that it would had made a difference really, last I bothered to check my Rappy hunter soloing an actual rappy, he was pausing maybe 1-2sec before each new atk/PA.

As a side note, his sword has freezeI on it and I saw him actually wait for the freeze to run out before swinging his sword again.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 03:18 AM
That's Hunter though.
Melee and ranged Friend Partners tend to stand around doing nothing.

Force and Techer Friend Partners spam spells all the time.
With customization, they would spend much less time charging, and be able to buff and heal players before they get out of range.
Or with customization that reduces intervals between hits, combined with Coordination Master, they could apply more debuffs to enemies.

GALEFORCE
Jan 24, 2014, 03:51 AM
That freeze enhanced barta would have been really fun for a partner.

UnLucky
Jan 24, 2014, 04:19 AM
Or with customization that reduces intervals between hits, combined with Coordination Master, they could apply more debuffs to enemies.
But my Friend Partner is forever set to Clumsy/Tsundere/Likes Women Resurrection for that small chance to use a Moon!

Though faster charging would definitely be pretty amazing. Faster Zanverse, Megiverse, Nafoie (it actually does decent damage) and more ticks on S/D/R, please.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I went and bought those customizations yesterday only to find that they don't work.
F'n SEGA lazy shits.

How many times have you had Resurrection go off?
I've seen it maybe 2 or 3 times since I started playing. I think 2 of them were from Marlu.
It's pretty pointless because it's simply not worth the risk of getting killed at all.

UnLucky
Jan 24, 2014, 04:41 AM
I think one of my friends whispered me the once saying "holy shit your baby person actually just revived me"

None of them really sounded too useful, so I went with that since the only time you should be using partner cards is solo.