PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Maintenance (Back Online!)

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jan 24, 2014, 05:43 AM
プレイ中の皆様へお知らせします。  1月25日(土)5:00~10:00にて、特定の条件においてブロ ックの全ユーザーが切断されてしまう不具合の修正のためゲームサーバーの臨時メンテナンスを行います。   皆様にはご迷惑をおかけいたしますことをお詫び申し上げます。

(3pm - 8pm EST)

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2962

More Triboosts!

Edit:

Extended time until 12:00 JST (10PM EST)

Link: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2967

Edit: As of 8:40 PM EST they are online!

Psycl0ne
Jan 24, 2014, 05:50 AM
ill take em!:wacko:

Atmius
Jan 24, 2014, 06:27 AM
triboost? couldn't care about that. why not a one day premium pass for those who have premium?

KuroNeko77
Jan 24, 2014, 06:36 AM
My guess is because it's only a 3 hours long maintenance.

Nevermind ^^;

BIG OLAF
Jan 24, 2014, 06:37 AM
Looks like five hours to me.

KuroNeko77
Jan 24, 2014, 06:41 AM
Errr, indeed. My bad xD

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 08:35 AM
Glad I didn't use my shop tickets yet.
They never reimburse those.

Coatl
Jan 24, 2014, 09:53 AM
triboost? couldn't care about that. why not a one day premium pass for those who have premium?

I honestly don't care for those one day prem passes tbh, would rather have the triboosts. Though I am surprised they didn't throw them in there anyway. 3-8PM EST covers almost the entirety of my Friday time too. x_x Golly Sega.

Macman
Jan 24, 2014, 10:03 AM
So is this to fix that godawful mechgun camo?

Sayara
Jan 24, 2014, 10:06 AM
I remember they said it was getting a placement fix but not a sound one.
Though im curious too what this emergency is for? Nothing seemed TOO out of place otherwise?

Aine
Jan 24, 2014, 10:07 AM
It's because entire blocks have been randomly disappearing, disconnecting everyone in it.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 10:10 AM
I knew the blocks dying wasn't just because of ship transfers, like they claimed.

I hope they fix the teleport hack some day.
You know a game has shitty coding when people can teleport other players around.
I bet it works by sending destination packets under other people's IDs.

pkemr4
Jan 24, 2014, 10:20 AM
I knew the blocks dying wasn't just because of ship transfers, like they claimed.

I hope they fix the teleport hack some day.
You know a game has shitty coding when people can teleport other players around.
I bet it works by sending destination packets under other people's IDs.

are hackers becoming more common now...?

Coatl
Jan 24, 2014, 10:28 AM
Only in b20. I swear the only place I see someone floating and using resta in the lobby is in that particular block.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 10:32 AM
I don't know.
Just before Tower Defense the other day, my friend and I along with around 30 other people were repeatedly and simultaneously teleported from the gate area to the exact same position in the shop area.
Some people thought it was the server lagging (duh?), while other people cried "HACKER!" and/or left the block (Block 21).
It's pathetic that SEGA still hasn't fixed that exploit.

Earlier today, I saw someone repeatedly teleporting around the lobby while dancing.
Seemed strange. That was in Block 13, I think.

Edson Drake
Jan 24, 2014, 10:35 AM
are hackers becoming more common now...?

Yes.

Only in b20. I swear the only place I see someone floating and using resta in the lobby is in that particular block.

No. They are around, and there's more people using hacks as well. It's just that they are more discreet about it.

Earlier today, I saw someone repeatedly teleporting around the lobby while dancing.

I see that all the time, in all the blocks. I tend to afk a lot and leave the game on, so I usually see those in the lobby quite frequently.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 24, 2014, 10:35 AM
saw Szaidan in other lobbies as well.

HIT0SHI
Jan 24, 2014, 10:36 AM
. _.

Is this only on Ship2?

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 10:37 AM
Probably. I think Ship 2 was hit hardest by the block death bug too.
It's not so much the hackers that bother me, but that SEGA sits on their hands for extensive periods in the face of such lame issues.
Surely their piles of cash can hire a decent coder.

Coatl
Jan 24, 2014, 10:38 AM
I would advise against reporting the people who are teleporting around then. It could very easily be someone else who is teleporting an afk dancer.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 10:40 AM
Yeah. I don't bother reporting anyone. Hackers can get around bans very easily.

pkemr4
how much are ship transfer passes again? and do all my stuff get moved there as well?

Gama
only saw a player being teleported when aida posted a video asking one of the hackers about it, and she got teleported and then killed.

Zorua
Jan 24, 2014, 10:41 AM
. _.

Is this only on Ship2?

Block 12 got deleted over here on ship 1.

Alenoir
Jan 24, 2014, 10:52 AM

I don't know about that. I've only heard of Japanese players from other ships mention about their blocks disappearing, but nothing from ship 2.

HIT0SHI
Jan 24, 2014, 10:55 AM
I don't even.... is it safe to play atm?

Alenoir
Jan 24, 2014, 10:58 AM

Stay the fuck away from B20 and you're safe. Worst case scenario you get a double login error if you get DC'd from a missing block, but that should fixes itself in a few minutes.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 11:05 AM
I don't know about that. I've only heard of Japanese players from other ships mention about their blocks disappearing, but nothing from ship 2.

I was online when ship 2 got destroyed. The JP swiki had comments from JP people discussing ship 2 along with a few other ships.

There was a JP guy broadcasting a live stream of ship 2 dying. I was on that stream.
I know Firesword was streaming as well, but I think that was the other remaining block.

It's pretty safe, I guess. Try not to hang around lobbies.
Make a private campship or sit in your room whenever you can.

Kikikiki
Jan 24, 2014, 11:10 AM
I say sit in your room because you can't play the visiphone game otherwise.

.Jack
Jan 24, 2014, 11:10 AM
Game seems a bit buggy. I'm seeing weird things as well as missing icons all over the place atm.

http://i.imgur.com/HG5NZ7b.png

MetalDude
Jan 24, 2014, 11:14 AM
146 Lambda Patty Lumerias.

lolwut, that's really weird.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 11:19 AM
I say sit in your room because you can't play the visiphone game otherwise.

Yeah, but then you can't participate in events because the blocks fill up and you get stuck in your room or with crappy Vita/English players in a half-filled quest.
Pretty much the reason why I never use my team room, too.

I really hate that we have to leave blocks to do crafting and such.
SEGA just likes to make things unnecessarily difficult.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 24, 2014, 11:33 AM
Game seems a bit buggy. I'm seeing weird things as well as missing icons all over the place atm.

http://i.imgur.com/HG5NZ7b.pngI think your meseta counter on your storage is drunk :wacko:

Enforcer MKV
Jan 24, 2014, 11:41 AM

Might not be a bad idea to do something else until the servers come back after maintenance. Luckily for me I got called into work so I'll be doing that for about the next 5 hours, probably get home around 5:30...and then I'll just work on some of my steam backlog.

I'm thinking some Torchlight II Co-op with my younger brother is in order...

Edson Drake
Jan 24, 2014, 11:46 AM
It's not so much the hackers that bother me, but that SEGA sits on their hands for extensive periods in the face of such lame issues.
Surely their piles of cash can hire a decent coder.

Yes. The probable solution would be:

"Hmm, let's check who those hackers are. Hmm I see, Americans again, well let's ban everyone that's gaijin then, problem solved!"

That's what those hackers are going to achieve if they keep that up.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 24, 2014, 11:49 AM

"Hmm, let's check who those hackers are. Hmm I see, Americans again, well let's ban everyone that's gaijin then, problem solved!"

That's what those hackers are going to achieve if they keep that up.I was trying to remind myself that "This would not happen, just overeactin--" ._. riiiiiiiiiiiiight. . . yeap, I'm gonna hate americans when it does happens (still thinking Idealistically that it will never happen)

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 11:54 AM
It costs money to fix their own shitty coding.
They can ban entire countries for free.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 24, 2014, 11:54 AM
well there go my time attack plans. thanks sega you fuck heads

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 11:58 AM
Hey, at least you'll get a TRI-BOOST.

Vintasticvin
Jan 24, 2014, 11:58 AM
I'm thinking some Torchlight II Co-op
^THIS freaking genius here folks! Might hop on my vita and check out Toukiden.

That's what those hackers are going to achieve if they keep that up.

-_- makes me sad face knowing this is our eventual fate

Macman
Jan 24, 2014, 12:01 PM
Hey, at least you'll get a TRI-BOOST.

That triboost will help me get more nothing in the next TD!

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 12:05 PM
At the rate things are going, it's going to be a race between the servers killing themselves or SEGA banning us.

Edson Drake
Jan 24, 2014, 12:07 PM
I know I'll be watching some Urusei Yatsura while the game's in maintenance because, we all know why.

(I wonder if this last update was a hidden advertisement for Urusei Yatsura, it worked for me anyway)

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 12:13 PM
I think this last update itself is "urusai yatsura", if you know what I'm referring to.

Aussei
Jan 24, 2014, 12:50 PM
You know what guys, at least this isn't S4 League. Where hackers run rampant and Alaplaya has done nothing to improve the game. They just continue to release cash shop items. Their servers are barely even playable. You're lucky to actually get logged into the game these days.

PSO2 for me, is a bunch of friggin' baka-gaijin running around spamming symbol arts, being rude to one another even when they're trying to be nice, and silent Japanese people who only say Yoroshiku, Arigatou, and Otsukaresama. I personally have never encountered a hacker... And I don't flip my lid when there's people I don't like around. Idc....Not my business how other people behave.

It's not as bad as other games are....At least we can play this, it could easily be P2P with IP Restrictions and no hope of seeing a western release, ever.

The Walrus
Jan 24, 2014, 12:54 PM
At least it'd be a better game probably.

Ok knowing SEGA it'd still be bad...

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 12:56 PM
You can justify anything by saying it could be worse though.
Nothing actually improves with that mindset.

And yeah, I've heard that S4 League is suck for those reasons.

RadiantLegend
Jan 24, 2014, 12:58 PM
If this was Monday I'll be a bit ticked but I'm at work, all for me is good.

Arkanoid
Jan 24, 2014, 01:05 PM
PSO2 for me, is a bunch of friggin' baka-gaijin running around spamming symbol arts, being rude to one another even when they're trying to be nice, and silent Japanese people who only say Yoroshiku, Arigatou, and Otsukaresama.

Those aren't the Japanese people, those are the people like you who say ridiculous things like "baka-gaijin" and think only Americans would ever spam symbol arts or be rude to anyone ever. Then you learn 3 Japanese words and pretend you can communicate with your perfect idols - the Japanese :rolleyes:

Aussei
Jan 24, 2014, 01:11 PM

And yeah, I've heard that S4 League is suck for those reasons.

Indeed. But I'd rather appreciate what I have right now and not have expectations. Cos then if SEGA doesn't meet those expectations, I'm going to have to hire a hitman on Sakai.

S4 League isn't bad playing wise, it's Alaplaya and the community. Like PSO2.

Aussei
Jan 24, 2014, 01:15 PM
Those aren't the Japanese people, those are the people like you who say ridiculous things like "baka-gaijin" and think only Americans would ever spam symbol arts or be rude to anyone ever. Then you learn 3 Japanese words and pretend you can communicate with your perfect idols - the Japanese :rolleyes:

Damn. I didn't know you knew me so well bro. I guess those 4+ years of Japanese was just three words. What a waste of a High School education u_u

Since we're making assumptions here, I guess you're also one of those baka-gaijin. Or are you a baka-nihonjin?

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 24, 2014, 01:19 PM
You know what guys, at least this isn't S4 League. Where hackers run rampant and Alaplaya has done nothing to improve the game. They just continue to release cash shop items. Their servers are barely even playable. You're lucky to-
http://f.kulfoto.com/pic/0001/0015/47t2114508.jpg

UnLucky
Jan 24, 2014, 01:21 PM
Man I played S4 League for one day. Once. And I had two matches in a row (separate game rooms, obviously) where there was a godmode noclipping oneshotter who could not be kicked because his name was not on the list.

And then I played some single player maps and the game crashed.

Yup, uninstalled.

Aresylus
Jan 24, 2014, 01:25 PM
Man I played S4 League for one day. Once. And I had two matches in a row (separate game rooms, obviously) where there was a godmode noclipping oneshotter who could not be kicked because his name was not on the list.

Yup, uninstalled.

Story of my life ^

Aussei
Jan 24, 2014, 01:27 PM

Yup, uninstalled.

Yeah pretty much.

Also, I can't believe.... The internet was supposed to be an amazing new technological advancement in the world of communication. Yet communication has been reduced to sharing meme images.

Oh well. So, what time does this maintenance end? *__*

Edson Drake
Jan 24, 2014, 01:29 PM
PSO2 for me, is a bunch of friggin' baka-gaijin running around spamming symbol arts, being rude to one another even when they're trying to be nice, and silent Japanese people who only say Yoroshiku, Arigatou, and Otsukaresama. I personally have never encountered a hacker... And I don't flip my lid when there's people I don't like around. Idc....Not my business how other people behave.

The Japanese get pretty wild with Rappy suit parties, symbol arts and sometimes even /toge spam. I see it all the time in the higher B10 blocks.

Sure the system could be better indeed, but I do not expect anything. Why? I'm not Japanese. The Japanese seem to like gambling a lot, that's why it's everywhere in Japan, so this game is no exception. If they are happy with a system like this, well, it means we're going to suffer.

Arkanoid
Jan 24, 2014, 01:37 PM
Damn. I didn't know you knew me so well bro. I guess those 4+ years of Japanese was just three words. What a waste of a High School education u_u

Since we're making assumptions here, I guess you're also one of those baka-gaijin. Or are you a baka-nihonjin?

Not you, the people like you who idolize JP players. I have news for you if you don't believe there are lots of people on PSO2 who copy some Kanji to make a JP name and then set basic JP autowords and shit-talk the entire English community of the game.

TaigaUC
Jan 24, 2014, 01:41 PM
Culture/country has nothing to do with liking gambling. It's everywhere, everywhere.
People like gambling because getting lucky makes their hollow, empty lives feel meaningful.
It's why people get high off rare items and shit like that.

The Japanese people aren't happy with PSO2's shitty systems, but they don't have a choice.
This has already been established many times. I remember seeing some JP people say, "it's a shit game with no competition".
If you've watched any PSO2 video comments or read any PSO2 reviews, you can immediately tell they are generally not happy.

i've only seen the Rappy suit symbol art /toge spam during events like Quna concert or blocks imploding, when there's something like 20-30+ people doing it.
They don't just bust out noisy rudeness when everyone else is quiet and peaceful, unlike the same few Westerners disrupting peace and quiet on their own, or having private team conversations in public chat. It's just not the same thing. If you can't tell the difference, there's nothing more I can say to you.
JP people know how to use team chat for team chat. Unbelievable, I know!
If they talk in public, they usually go to an empty block and do it there.
You know, like a "CHAT" block, for example.

There's also a difference between idolizing JP players and learning from good examples.
It's pretty ridiculous to dismiss any example of politeness as idolizing that country's people, as if desperately looking for an excuse to justify being a jackass.
Maybe try to accept that there are people in the world who, GOD FORBID, actually have manners and value reasonable, considerate, sociable and polite behavior?
Instead of trying to find reasons to put them down and make yourself feel better.

Aresylus
Jan 24, 2014, 01:45 PM
Not you, the people like you who idolize JP players. I have news for you if you don't believe there are lots of people on PSO2 who copy some Kanji to make a JP name and then set basic JP autowords and shit-talk the entire English community of the game.

Geez, passive-aggressive flaming much? I didn't know simply sharing a personal opinion, made you a JP worshiper. You know, you're kinda doing the exact same thing, only difference is you speak English.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 24, 2014, 01:50 PM
There's also a difference between idolizing JP players and learning from good examples.
He says after idolizing JP players

Shadowth117
Jan 24, 2014, 01:53 PM
i've only seen the Rappy suit symbol art /toge spam during events like Quna concert or blocks imploding, when there's something like 20-30+ people doing it.
They don't just bust out noisy rudeness when everyone else is quiet and peaceful, unlike the same few Westerners doing the same thing on their own or having private team conversations in public chat. It's just not the same thing.
JP people know how to use team chat for team chat.

People keep saying this, but honestly I see a lot of JP talk in public chat in populated blocks. Not all of the time, but I don't see English in public chat in normal blocks all of the time either.

But on to the main topic, why don't you consider this from their perspective? We have all of these English players coming in because of the patch, but traditionally in English MMO's chatting in public is the norm. And its not like anybody exactly goes to these people and explains what's what to them generally. The whole "English should not be spoken in public chats" thing is an unspoken rule that while it makes sense, is not readily shown to the English community initially. I certainly don't think I've ever seen any of the patches or AIDA's programs mention as a disclaimer "By the way guys, spamming public chat with nonsense is rude to the Japanese.". And really, few players make that big of a deal about it straight to them either.

To sum that last paragraph up, I would very much make the assumption that the majority of people that spam in public chat nonchalantly don't have any reason to see it as morally "wrong". Because no one has ever expressed that it is to them, how *could* they know?

I guess its a bit silly to me that there's this expectation for these people to religiously follow an unspoken rule they could never have known.

Arkanoid
Jan 24, 2014, 01:54 PM
Geez, passive-aggressive flaming much? I didn't know simply sharing a personal opinion, made you a JP worshiper. You know, you're kinda doing the exact same thing, only difference is you speak English.

I will quote again, I made sure to quote the very part that made him seem as ridiculous as he is being:

"PSO2 for me, is a bunch of friggin' baka-gaijin running around spamming symbol arts, being rude to one another even when they're trying to be nice, and silent Japanese people who only say Yoroshiku, Arigatou, and Otsukaresama."

Do you honestly not see the JP-idolizing and literal bashing of foreign players? Basically inferring that Japanese are incapable of doing such a thing, it must be the "baka-gaijin" who always spam symbol arts! I would almost pass this off as sarcasm, but I think he is serious.

Edson Drake
Jan 24, 2014, 01:56 PM
Culture/country has nothing to do with liking gambling. It's everywhere everywhere.
They're not happy with a system like this, but they don't have a choice.

But gambling is everywhere in Japan. Even some candy machines do not deliver candy, makes you get them with a crane like those old teddy bear machines.
Game companies are basically copying the Japanese market model in current online/MMO/Facebook games, where everything is a gamble, it's like crack, where to get your fill, you need perfect rolls and perfect rolls are... impossible. Money maker.

And the Japanese DO have a choice. They can complain and complain. What this achieved? OP Braver, it just proves Sega listens.

They don't just bust out noisy rudeness when everyone else is quiet and peaceful, unlike the same few Westerners doing the same thing on their own or having private team conversations in public chat. It's just not the same thing.

I don't speak Japanese so I can't measure if they're rude or not. In my experiences playing with them, they were polite, but I also had my share of random Japanese joining my game without greeting, doing nothing but ruining my run(and the for others) then getting out of the game without saying a word.

During EQ announcements, if you're on B10/11 you will see the Japanese flocking around. They will dance, chat, Rappy dance party around, SA spam. I see this all the time. If you're on ship 2 should've seen it by now. It's no different than B20 sometimes, except I don't know if they're insulting each other because I don't understand japanese.

Also, I'm not sure if they do it, but I tend to party with friends if I want to talk, so that other people don't hear what we're talking. It's better than whispering.

btw-Niji
Jan 24, 2014, 02:02 PM
Seems like emergency maintenance are getting more and more common now. Although we are getting free boosters, SEGA seriously needs to test more. There is just no excuse for this.

Oh and don't waste your time arguing with weeaboos.

gigawuts
Jan 24, 2014, 02:02 PM
I went to do a few coast LQs and what the fuck is this?

Aresylus
Jan 24, 2014, 02:06 PM
I will quote again, I made sure to quote the very part that made him seem as ridiculous as he is being:

"PSO2 for me, is a bunch of friggin' baka-gaijin running around spamming symbol arts, being rude to one another even when they're trying to be nice, and silent Japanese people who only say Yoroshiku, Arigatou, and Otsukaresama."

Do you honestly not see the JP-idolizing and literal bashing of foreign players? Basically inferring that Japanese are incapable of doing such a thing, it must be the "baka-gaijin" who always spam symbol arts! I would almost pass this off as sarcasm, but I think he is serious.

Well I'd first like to point out that they said, "PSO2 for me,". Now from what I can tell, that was stating simple a personal observation. Now with that said, consider this...could it be possible, "now bear with me"....that a person can actually not blame a community as a whole, be it English or Japanese? Speaking from personal experience, I've been hard pressed to sift through the community and not find the over-abundance of rude, discourteous, English players. That isn't to say they all are like that, much in the same regards to the Japanese players. Stop making it about race, when it's about ignorance, it makes your argument look weak.

Aussei
Jan 24, 2014, 02:09 PM
Whoa, whoa, Okay. It's been hilarious and fun but....this is getting cray cray muhh niggz. Look, all I'm trying to communicate is that there are other ways to think about PSO2.

No one is innocent on PSO2, not baka-gaijin, not baka-nihonjin. baka-br, baka-german, baka-everything. The community in general is fucking crazy. I've heard and seen my fair share.... from PSO on the Dreamcast to PSO2. The community seems to remain the same. Crazy people. Lol. I don't say that with negative intention or to bash them. It's just crazy.... As a matter of fact screw that, the whole internet is crazy! I enjoy being crazy too on the internet sometimes.

But I find peace in knowing that in the end, you all are people on the other side of a screen (I think...), sharing this experience with me, playing this game with me even if we don't play together. I can appreciate that and that makes PSO2 enjoyable....

Now we're all just letting other people's opinions cloud our view. And reading too much into each other's posts and shit. Making assumptions of one another's opinions which only makes the situation worse because the worst thing you can do to another human is misunderstand what they're trying to communicate.

Also this is not going to help the Arks Unite event if you guys keep this up.

Arkanoid
Jan 24, 2014, 02:11 PM
Culture/country has nothing to do with liking gambling. It's everywhere, everywhere.
People like gambling because getting lucky makes their hollow, empty lives feel meaningful.
It's why people get high off rare items and shit like that.

The Japanese people aren't happy with PSO2's shitty systems, but they don't have a choice.
This has already been established many times. I remember seeing some JP people say, "it's a shit game with no competition".
If you've watched any PSO2 video comments or read any PSO2 reviews, you can immediately tell they are generally not happy.

They don't just bust out noisy rudeness when everyone else is quiet and peaceful, unlike the same few Westerners disrupting peace and quiet on their own, or having private team conversations in public chat. It's just not the same thing. If you can't tell the difference, there's nothing more I can say to you.
JP people know how to use team chat for team chat. Unbelievable, I know!
You know, like a "CHAT" block, for example.

It's pretty ridiculous to dismiss any example of politeness as idolizing that country's people, as if desperately looking for an excuse to justify being a jackass.
Maybe try to accept that there are people in the world who, GOD FORBID, actually have manners and value reasonable, considerate, sociable and polite behavior?
Instead of trying to find reasons to put them down and make yourself feel better.

Hey guess what.. me and my very not-Japanese team are also capable of keeping team chat in the team chat "Unbelievable, I know!" I thought that was a JP-only thing too :rolleyes:

Did you know there is essentially a "CHAT" block that these crazy non-JP people people use? It's called block 20, I know there are designations given to what the blocks are supposed to be for, but if there is anyone who regularly plays on ship 2 that hasn't figured this one out yet then I don't know what to say.

You in particular are always calling out "westerners" and people with English names and how you should avoid them, you are actually the one being the jackass here. You are one of the people shaming those of us who speak English and will make English names and not give a fuck about what you think, even though I have to go into games wondering if there are people like you around who are silently judging me by my name that I will not change to a fake JP name to fool people like you.

Aussei
Jan 24, 2014, 02:19 PM
What about foolish-weeaboos?

Sure why not? We can give titles to one another all day baby, that doesn't take away the fact that in the end we're all human sitting on our butts playing PSO2.

Kikikiki
Jan 24, 2014, 02:27 PM
I'm not on ship 2 but what the fuck is this?

Dark Priest
Jan 24, 2014, 02:50 PM
More emergency maint?, a tri boost is better then nothing.

Resta
Jan 24, 2014, 02:57 PM
Obviously JPs are the perfect race of beings and can never do anything wrong, and when anything does go wrong, blame americans. "that was a terrible run, must have been full of english players" <--- example of a being a retard, wait, i remember a word for things like that, or yea, Racism.

It's funny too cuz I've been in some really bad JP parties. Sometimes they also do things weird, like one time for TD they waited 5 minutes to open the crystal at the end. Why?? We could have fit another run in for that time. No idea...

MetalDude
Jan 24, 2014, 02:59 PM
Last TD was pretty terrible, not because towers were being left open (most of the time) but because we had most of the group at towers while one or two were up front spamming Elder Rebellion. Fucking Elder Rebellion, really? There was a bow BR spamming normals with Rapid Shot. What the fuck man. The group was more than strong enough to knock things out, but enemies were scattered everywhere for the entire run.

Edson Drake
Jan 24, 2014, 02:59 PM
It's funny too cuz I've been in some really bad JP parties. Sometimes they also do things weird, like one time for TD they waited 5 minutes to open the crystal at the end. Why?? We could have fit another run in for that time. No idea...

They were probably a Team, and they went on to apply every booster possible to get maximum drops. Was this at the first TD runs?

EvilMag
Jan 24, 2014, 03:03 PM
You know speaking of TD, ever since that came out, we've been having a lot of servers issues. hey Sega maybe you should upgrade from your toasters cause its clear it can't take anymore.

Emp
Jan 24, 2014, 03:05 PM
You know speaking of TD, ever since that came out, we've been having a lot of servers issues. hey Sega maybe you should upgrade from your toasters cause its clear it can't take anymore.

Its evident they wont. They arent smart enough to understand how to manage a game better.

SakoHaruo
Jan 24, 2014, 03:08 PM
Its evident they wont. They arent smart enough to understand how to manage a game better.

and you can do better? If you can I'll follow you

Emp4prez

Freshellent
Jan 24, 2014, 03:08 PM
Peeps from this planet in general are dick-heads. Doesn't matter who we're talking about. Even the nicest person you meet online has a dark thought and says something in the back of their mind about the next.

I've run into just as many JP players who are rude as hell as yoloswagmeme spouting peeps from EU to ironic shitposting NA players. It doesn't matter at this point.

That said, there have been some incredibly helpful and legitimately nice people I've encountered from all sides as well.

Also, cocks.

Walkure
Jan 24, 2014, 03:10 PM
They were probably a Team, and they went on to apply every booster possible to get maximum drops. Was this at the first TD runs?
It's not, it's if someone does a lobby action it quickly becomes a game of "Who breaks the crystal?"

No joke, I tried to hold up crystal breaking on an elder run (friend was AFK in the campship) by doing /la bed next to the crystal. Successfully stopped the crystal from breaking for like 2 minutes (my friend got back 30s after it broke :lol:).

Much more likely to happen on third TD run or runs after the EQ ends in general.

Arkanoid
Jan 24, 2014, 03:13 PM

There are probably many more bad JP players on this game than foreign players.

Foreign player = person who has to download a game in another language, pass through Hiragana capcha, locate and apply patches to translate the game. People who have done this can say it's easy all they want, but that right there keeps plenty of people away from the game. As well as the fact that if you were seeking to play this game in the first place, it's probably because you have some previous experience with the series. Some people will play alone and have no idea what they are doing, but most of us look for others to talk and play with and understand all about the game. Foreign player = much more likely to be a person who cares about what they are doing.

JP Player - PLAY PSO2 FREE NOW. The game is from their country, for their country, easily and readily available, advertised, etc.

What kind of community do you think will turn out a higher number of bad players?

Emp
Jan 24, 2014, 03:16 PM

Emp4prez

If I could I wouldnt want to. I dont want these PSOW people whining at me.

Walkure
Jan 24, 2014, 03:16 PM
There are probably many more bad JP players on this game than foreign players.No shit; they're a significantly larger portion of the population, even on Ship 2.

Could argue proportions of bad players to total players overall but who really cares enough to actually try sampling populations?

milranduil
Jan 24, 2014, 03:17 PM
There are probably many more bad JP players on this game than foreign players.

Foreign player = person who has to download a game in another language, pass through Hiragana capcha, locate and apply patches to translate the game. People who have done this can say it's easy all they want, but that right there keeps plenty of people away from the game. As well as the fact that if you were seeking to play this game in the first place, it's probably because you have some previous experience with the series. Some people will play alone and have no idea what they are doing, but most of us look for others to talk and play with and understand all about the game. Foreign player = much more likely to be a person who cares about what they are doing.

JP Player - PLAY PSO2 FREE NOW. The game is from their country, for their country, easily and readily available, advertised, etc.

What kind of community do you think will turn out a higher number of bad players?

While you make a valid argument, your assumed premises are not. NA players vs JP players vs EU players... none are created equally.

UnLucky
Jan 24, 2014, 03:18 PM

JP idolizing? He said that the Japanese barely talk. Like, at all. Which is pretty common, from what I've noticed.

Not as in "so considerate and polite they don't want to be rude" it's like a completely unsociable aversion to chat.

Both are bad. SA spam and funeee jokes repeated ad nausea vs nothing at all for hours. Neither is interesting nor enjoyable or any different from going solo except for mob spawns.

btw-Niji
Jan 24, 2014, 03:30 PM

Emp4prez
Emp4No.1Gunner would be better imo.

Arkanoid
Jan 24, 2014, 03:32 PM
While you make a valid argument, your assumed premises are not. NA players vs JP players vs EU players... none are created equally.

I don't mean to assume JP players don't meet any of those other conditions, but basically everyone outside of Japan had to find out about this game by looking into it themselves or having it recommended to them. There are essentially no people outside of Japan swept into this game through stumbling upon advertisements, and the process of setting everything up will not be as simple for most of them.

And yes Walkure "no shit", I just wonder when the "western-player" bashers will have their "no shit" moment? Singling them out is dumb, especially repeatedly doing it in the community where western players talk about this game. Is there some secret agreement in the background like "hehe, when I shit-talk all people with English names, I don't mean you guys on the forum!"

Emp
Jan 24, 2014, 03:33 PM
Emp4No.1Gunner would be better imo.

Calling me No.1 is an insult.

SakoHaruo
Jan 24, 2014, 03:42 PM
JP idolizing? He said that the Japanese barely talk. Like, at all. Which is pretty common, from what I've noticed.

Well if you only know a few Japanese words (or none at all) then of course they won't say anything to you :wacko: 99% of the time I taco in B30 with JP players and while everyone waits for the party to fill up we do engage in an actual conversation. If you mean in public then yeah. Once in awhile I see JP players talking in public in a less populated area/block.

UnLucky
Jan 24, 2014, 03:50 PM
I've said a few things in Japanese parties, but it's pretty basic. They don't really start up conversation either, so it's not like I kill it.

"Hope a rare drops"

"Yeah w"

"。。。"

deahamlet
Jan 24, 2014, 04:43 PM
Most random jp that join our parties ask for permission, say hi, etc. Always end with thank you, was fun etc. But then there was that one time when I was busy and my friends had a random jump into ta and quit because they missed something and had to fight the mammoths before the snow banther (in their defense I always do the left side). They were about to enter to kill the banther and the dude quit without a word. Most exciting story about jp we ever had.

People with English names are sometimes idiots. Like one crazy Maria solo fighting a gwanahda instead of letting me bring it closer to the rest who were fighting soma. We missed out on soma and everyone missed out on gwanahda Nero. Gawd Damn techer, I wanted to wring her neck. Or another one spamming those new twin mech camos, lately I have not seen a single jp name using that. Not saying the English name can't be a jp player, I don't know.

Generally it seems to me jp if they have nothing good to say, they shut up. First week of tower defense a whole group was sit 3 on the floor debating strategy in public chat. Was kind of cool since I had the translator telling me what they are saying. I sometimes catch small polite convos between players in public chat but not very often. They once made a rappy line behind my friend mimicking his afk dance, was so funny.

I think it doesn't matter if people are or are not nice. If they keep their judgments to themselves, all golden. I find American players have an aversion to keeping their opinions to themselves. I'd rather someone just quit than swear, bitch, moan, be mean and then quit. Silence is better than attitude.

Kikikiki
Jan 24, 2014, 05:09 PM
I've said a few things in Japanese parties, but it's pretty basic. They don't really start up conversation either, so it's not like I kill it.

"Hope a rare drops"

"Yeah w"

"。。。"

I think the problem is not about how they don't start up the conversation, it's just more like topics don't interest them. The conversation above is an example of a dull... thing. There's nothing else to it.

As for my case, conversations generally just started before I got in, so I just followed up on that. I've been noticing a lot of conversations revolving around Japanese games, PC, flash games, android, etc... It's a good thing I know one or two about those so I could slip in between them without much trouble. But my point is, it's a thing. In the end Japanese are still human. They want to talk about what they're interested in, but it's not like us foreigners can figure out what their interests are.

A few exceptions of conversations started by myself was more related to my autowords, because I have my autowords set following a certain Japanese character, in a certain Japanese game. Some people caught interest in it and conversation just followed without trouble.

99% of the time I taco in B30 with JP players and while everyone waits for the party to fill up we do engage in an actual conversation.

This is also a thing. Maybe if you're lucky to meet proactive people, if they actually start up on a conversation then it's a good thing. But it's not a general case. At least for me. I'd say it's only about 50% of the time.

Anyway what is this shit?

Inazuma
Jan 24, 2014, 05:31 PM
It's interesting seeing everyone talk about Japanese and foreign players, and comparing them. What I've noticed is that foreign players who know the Japanese language and have experiences with both types of players, tend to favor the Japanese players, saying they are more mature, polite, etc.

According to most foreign players who don't speak Japanese, or have that much experience playing with the Japanese, it's practically the opposite story.

There are a few reasons for this. If you learn Japanese and also how to properly behave yourself, you can play with the Japanese and see exactly what it's like playing with them and talking with them. If you do this, you will fully understand that the Japanese players really are a million times more polite, mature etc than foreign players. The difference is absolutely massive. They are also much more skilled at the game itself, generally speaking.

Another very possible reason why many foreign players talk badly about the Japanese, is because they are unknowingly being rude to them, which causes the Japanese players to get pissed off, and possibly say or do things that seem wrong. Japanese players are normally extremely polite and considerate, but if you are rude, they may change their tune. At the very least they will not respect you, and that could influence how they interact with you.

Is there anyone here who speaks both languages and has lots of experience talking/playing with both sides, who doesn't favor the Japanese players?

And on the subject of spamming the fuck out of public chat with tons of annoying and loud bullshit all the time, that's looked down upon by the Japanese players. B20 was not designed to be a disgusting mess of stupid shit but that's what it has become and Japanese players avoid it like the plague. If they step one foot in B20, of course it will have a negative impact on their opinion of foreign players, and rightfully so. PSO2 is a Japanese game. It is a virtual Japan.

You wouldn't go to Japan, fill up a public street with foreigners, block traffic and scream at the top of your lungs 24/7, would you? That's what it's like to the Japanese players.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 24, 2014, 05:33 PM
JP idolizing game too strong

Kikikiki
Jan 24, 2014, 05:37 PM
Yeah because Japanese people will still greet your statement of "HEY YOU CAN WATCH PORN ON PS4!!!!111"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvL59xNk4aM

milranduil
Jan 24, 2014, 05:45 PM
If you do this, you will fully understand that the Japanese players really are a million times more polite, mature etc than foreign players. The difference is absolutely massive. They are also much more skilled at the game itself, generally speaking.
While I get what you are saying, this piece is a bit of an overgeneralization imo.

Zeota
Jan 24, 2014, 05:57 PM
I've seen my share of Japanese asshats on FFXI over the years.

Honestly every player base has its share of baddies and douchebags. Unfortunately, they seem more prevalent on the western hemisphere.

jooozek
Jan 24, 2014, 06:01 PM
america has freedom of speech and japan has keigo :-?

AlaskanKactus
Jan 24, 2014, 06:01 PM
I've had nothing but good interactions with JPs in quests and MPAs. From my experience, they're really quite polite and just want to have a good time playing the game. I've never been treated any differently because I'm an ENG player. I try to treat JP players the way they treat each other by being considerate of others.

Minimal SA spam, minimal autowords, minimal public chat (its really not needed when nearly everyone has a team), and teamwork in MPAs.

Yeah because Japanese people will still greet your statement of "HEY YOU CAN WATCH PORN ON PS4!!!!111" <youtube link>

I wish I never clicked play. That was terrible.

NoiseHERO
Jan 24, 2014, 06:04 PM
You wouldn't go to Japan, fill up a public street with foreigners, block traffic and scream at the top of your lungs 24/7, would you? That's what it's like to the Japanese players.

/see's wall of text that's probably about- nah that's enough cyber bullying today.

BUT SERIOUSLY WHY WOULDN'T YOU DO THIS?? That sounds potentially hilarious!

Enforcer MKV
Jan 24, 2014, 06:29 PM
I went to do a few coast LQs and what the fuck is this?

I got home from work about an hour ago. Been reading; catching up with everything I missed and the like.

Seriously, what the fuck is this?

This is laughable. And pathetic. Even distribution though, so that's good at least.

Vickie
Jan 24, 2014, 06:33 PM
what's the Verdict?.. when are the servers supposed to be coming back online

Enforcer MKV
Jan 24, 2014, 06:35 PM
Is it not PSO-W tradition to meet the status quo of asinine bickering while the game is in maintenance? It is best to just read it and weep, the result of genuine laughter.

Seems like it's been getting steadily worse, though. Shame.

what's the Verdict?.. when are the servers supposed to be coming back online

Uh...8pm EST, if I recall correctly?

That's about an hour and a half from now.

Vickie
Jan 24, 2014, 06:37 PM
Got it, see yall then

ShinMaruku
Jan 24, 2014, 06:39 PM
I don't know what's worse Sega being the Knicks or some of the batshit things that go on in this place...
I vote the Knicks.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 24, 2014, 07:35 PM
I know I'll be watching some Urusei Yatsura while the game's in maintenance because, we all know why.

(I wonder if this last update was a hidden advertisement for Urusei Yatsura, it worked for me anyway)

When you said that I thought I was out of the loop and a new UY anime had been picked up. Happy was I to find out Lum was still stuck back in 1981. I need to find those movies.

Rayden
Jan 24, 2014, 07:38 PM
Maintenance extended until 12:00 JST. http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2967

jooozek
Jan 24, 2014, 07:39 PM
haha
extended till 12:00 jst

Shinamori
Jan 24, 2014, 07:40 PM
10pm, huh..

Emp
Jan 24, 2014, 07:44 PM
wow... there goes my night :/

Enforcer MKV
Jan 24, 2014, 07:45 PM
MOAR DUNGEON DELVING!

Bit
Jan 24, 2014, 07:47 PM
Bleh, wanted to finish dat bingo card tonight.

SallySalSal
Jan 24, 2014, 07:47 PM
Exactly what is the maintenance supposed to fix? This better not be for the stupid mech camo sounds...'

Edit: nvm it's in the first post.

Jei182
Jan 24, 2014, 07:50 PM
There go my VH Taco plans. At least I can run them all earlier in the day tomorrow though.

Zeota
Jan 24, 2014, 07:50 PM
I've yet to encounter any Lum "cosplayers" in-game. To be fair though, that show came out before a good chunk of the PSO2 playing population was even born. And the manga got started back in the 70s.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 24, 2014, 07:52 PM
extended? wow more tri boosters i guess

Manta Oyamada
Jan 24, 2014, 07:55 PM
Maintainance extended http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2967

btw-Niji
Jan 24, 2014, 07:56 PM
Maintainance extended http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2967
You're late, dude.

And lol at the extension. l2test, Sega.

Scarlet-Star
Jan 24, 2014, 07:57 PM
SEGA you incompetent fools... when I decide to come back to the horrible grinding, they pull this crap on me... I'm seriously losing my hope in SEGA.

Saffran
Jan 24, 2014, 07:57 PM
While we're on the subject of chat, please remember that if you're in 12/12 MPA, that means that you are not alone. Which means you are not playing alone, whether you want it or not. So if you get something nice like a code or you see a red box or simply if you get KOed (for whatever reason), use a friendly macro to actually tell everybody.
Since about the release of Episode 2 (so that's like 6 months ago) I've seen more and more people who simply won't say anything. Like, there's a red code for eggs (chance for a sweet unit) and nobody says anything. Or there's a Rigshreider spawning and people will sooner mano a mano oneshot him than tell anybody. What also happens is that sometimes you try to rally up people (like, "Haze Draal Red Code in b-5, triple boost") you can clearly see there are 5/6 people in the MPA, but nobody will come, like suddenly it's all about going somewhere else on the map just to make sure not to fight that boss. Or the few that come will let you on the ground, kill the boss, loot it and move along like they never saw anything.
If you behave like you're alone on the servers, play alone in locked MPAs, because in a public one, you're a waste of space.

SociableTyrannosaur
Jan 24, 2014, 07:59 PM
I've yet to encounter any Lum "cosplayers" in-game. To be fair though, that show came out before a good chunk of the PSO2 playing population was even born. And the manga got started back in the 70s.

I considered it but the leggings are too long and the bra has fur on it. I'm not sure where the oni craze came from, but needless to say I dont think it was Urusei Yatsura. The attention to detail would have been better than that, not to mention there isn't a full body suit that I've seen so no one could be Rei or Mr Invader.

pkemr4
Jan 24, 2014, 08:09 PM
gives me more time to play around with 3D custom girl

Sylphia
Jan 24, 2014, 08:10 PM
I considered it but the leggings are too long and the bra has fur on it. I'm not sure where the oni craze came from, but needless to say I dont think it was Urusei Yatsura. The attention to detail would have been better than that, not to mention there isn't a full body suit that I've seen so no one could be Rei or Mr Invader.

Setsubun is a seasonal event in Japan, and this scratch is coinciding with that. More than Lum, when I first saw the new outfits I was thinking Keroro gunso and the setsubun episode with Natsumi improperly transformed into a oni www. What sega did fail at is a talis that looks like throwing beans....

With the extension of maintenance, I'm hoping they'll give out a 1day pass as well :/

Xaelouse
Jan 24, 2014, 08:11 PM
FUCKSEGA

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 24, 2014, 08:19 PM
While we're on the subject of chat, please remember that if you're in 12/12 MPA, that means that you are not alone. Which means you are not playing alone, whether you want it or not. So if you get something nice like a code or you see a red box or simply if you get KOed (for whatever reason), use a friendly macro to actually tell everybody.
Since about the release of Episode 2 (so that's like 6 months ago) I've seen more and more people who simply won't say anything. Like, there's a red code for eggs (chance for a sweet unit) and nobody says anything. Or there's a Rigshreider spawning and people will sooner mano a mano oneshot him than tell anybody. What also happens is that sometimes you try to rally up people (like, "Haze Draal Red Code in b-5, triple boost") you can clearly see there are 5/6 people in the MPA, but nobody will come, like suddenly it's all about going somewhere else on the map just to make sure not to fight that boss. Or the few that come will let you on the ground, kill the boss, loot it and move along like they never saw anything.
If you behave like you're alone on the servers, play alone in locked MPAs, because in a public one, you're a waste of space.

<pos> , issue solved xD i set it to ctrl f2 on everychar, and set an auto word when i die, "its over Rover"

Shinamori
Jan 24, 2014, 08:22 PM
I found it helpful to keep the Enemies and E-Trials in Japanese. Then just use /a /toge <et1> @ <pos>

The Walrus
Jan 24, 2014, 08:31 PM
Welp, more time to catch up on anime I guess...

btw-Niji
Jan 24, 2014, 08:33 PM
FUCKSEGA
Agreed. Best post in this thread imo.

Jan 24, 2014, 08:41 PM
Back online.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jan 24, 2014, 08:42 PM
Servers are up.

Enjoy people.

Edson Drake
Jan 24, 2014, 08:50 PM

I bought it for my character which is already a cosplay. I don't have green hair in neither her or my FP, but I put them on the FP anyway. Lum was such an adorable character.

You're not alone. However it's the quality of MPAs overall that dropped, I have my fair share of bad players usually during daytime JST, people doing what your described, people that will ruin my Zondeel crowd control by activating it(look a Zondeel I'll activate it!), people that ignore you when you die, etc, etc.

At evening JST it is much better: the LQ flows nicely, the pack stays together, people revive you instantly and they actually use your Zondeel to their advantage. Just the other day, I went from lv 52 to 57, form well-organized groups.

Shadowth117
Jan 24, 2014, 09:12 PM
Edit: As of 8:40 AM EST they are online!

May want to fix that...

Aussei
Jan 24, 2014, 09:13 PM
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan this thread got soooooo crazyyy while I was goooone. Rofl. I'm glad the servers are back up.... Now my Friday night will be complete. Muahaha

btw-Niji
Jan 24, 2014, 09:15 PM
I was hoping the horrible lag that's been going on since 1.5 weeks would've been addressed during this maintenance but I guess that's way too much to ask for. <_<

Horo The Wise Wolf
Jan 24, 2014, 09:45 PM
May want to fix that...

My apologies.

Psycl0ne
Jan 24, 2014, 10:09 PM
just remember people, well at least those outside of Japan.. we are not even allowed to play this game yet (even though we still do)... so just be glad that we have people that help us play the game because we really have no say in what Sega is doing with it's Japanese servers and game.. these posts are almost as good as the flame wars on IGN, but come on!