PDA

View Full Version : so how to get an 11~ stars weapon as a drop?

Pages : [1] 2

Divulnigel
Jan 26, 2014, 09:56 AM
i am sick of fighting falz elder more than 300 times and never skipped a Lilipan mine defense quest afaik, and i always use 250% booster of rares, if not available i wont mind buying ac if really needed

problem is i see 11 stars everywhere, the only 11 stars i have is falz t-mg which is not even a class i unlocked, i think i have over 1500 hours playtime and i heavily fight quarts dragon

maybe you will consider me very unlucky, the problem is 10 stars were very rare, so why are we getting bunch of them lately even without boosters ? is something i am missing that makes me behind in time? or maybe the higher lvl i am the easier the rares drop ?

WildarmsRE5
Jan 26, 2014, 09:58 AM
._. But Guld Millas are GODMODE guns. . .

BIG OLAF
Jan 26, 2014, 10:05 AM
Guld & Milla is probably the best weapon in the game, so don't feel too bad.

Anyway, SEGA uses a pretty complex system when it comes to rare drop rates. Take a look at it here (http://i.imgur.com/ZDG5FyW.jpg).

Dnd
Jan 26, 2014, 10:12 AM
i am sick of fighting falz elder more than 300 times and never skipped a Lilipan mine defense quest afaik, and i always use 250% booster of rares, if not available i wont mind buying ac if really needed

problem is i see 11 stars everywhere, the only 11 stars i have is falz t-mg which is not even a class i unlocked, i think i have over 1500 hours playtime and i heavily fight quarts dragon

maybe you will consider me very unlucky.

Nope, i dont consider you unlucky in the slightest, I call that typical behaviour. Playtime, levels don't make the slightest difference either. I've just broken 4.5k hours, missed very few elders since his release (in the grand scheme of things), missed even fewer TDs, farmed so many excube levelups for 250% tickets to pop on as many elders as possible (TD is always 250%+ for me) and so far I've had 3 drop, yet i know people who've had 10+ drop under the same situation.

Welcome to pso2, you either get lucky or get shafted :3

EDIT: farming for quartz dragon 10*s is just asking to be disappointed - take it from someone who has farmed for 8-9 months /easily/ and to date, received an avenger and crys caliber 6 months late

gigawuts
Jan 26, 2014, 10:17 AM
I fought DF Elder pretty much every time he appeared during my timezone, usually twice since episode 2, easily a thousand of times in total, and didn't find an 11* until tower defense.

Don't feel bad.

Edson Drake
Jan 26, 2014, 10:27 AM
Club of no 11* here.

*Checks forums tittle* yeah join the club.

Yet I see a thousand Guld Millas around...

Neith
Jan 26, 2014, 10:31 AM
Likewise for no 11* weapons, and I've played 2000+ hours, doing Falz everytime I can manage to and likewise for Defense mission. It does sometimes seem like every player on the server has Guld Milla, Elysion and Twin Kamui though.

Mind, I can't even get an Agito to drop so it's familiar territory for me. Used up all my good luck in PSOBB I think.

Macman
Jan 26, 2014, 10:47 AM
Don't worry, you'll get your 11* After the 10% grind boost has come and gone.

Misaki Ki
Jan 26, 2014, 11:12 AM
It's frustrating, very, but there's not a whole lot you can do other than keep running. We've just been on the bad end of RNG.

You're actually doing better than a lot, if you'll notice many here haven't even gotten one, myself included.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 26, 2014, 12:19 PM
I don't even want an 11star anyway
Gulds most likely weaker than what I already have.

Would be nice for all class and HP recover, though

isCasted
Jan 26, 2014, 12:23 PM
I am somewhat sick of seeing people who play with Elysion (Guld Milla/Niren Kamui) +6 with 1-slot Ragne (Fang/Vol) Soul affix while something like SH Darkers Den gives you one thing you can't even put to a good use aside from showcasing to everyone once people in party start talking about their accomplishments.

Dnd
Jan 26, 2014, 01:12 PM
I am somewhat sick of seeing people who play with Elysion (Guld Milla/Niren Kamui) +6 with 1-slot Ragne (Fang/Vol) Soul affix

The worst is when said (guld milla/twin kamui) weapons are 50 element aswell.....

pkemr4
Jan 26, 2014, 01:17 PM
I am somewhat sick of seeing people who play with Elysion (Guld Milla/Niren Kamui) +6 with 1-slot Ragne (Fang/Vol) Soul affix while something like SH Darkers Den gives you one thing you can't even put to a good use aside from showcasing to everyone once people in party start talking about their accomplishments.

i laugh at what some people in b20 have affixed or grinded on there 11*'s. also dont worry, there still people (like me) who dont have a single 11* wep at all.

AlaskanKactus
Jan 26, 2014, 01:26 PM
Don't waste boosters in your quest to get an 11*, they're so much more valuable for cube farming. I got a 4 slot Falclaw from Elder with no boosters active. Random, nuff said.

jooozek
Jan 26, 2014, 01:32 PM
Don't waste boosters in your quest to get an 11*, they're so much more valuable for cube farming. I got a 4 slot Falclaw from Elder with no boosters active. Random, nuff said.

it's not a waste to use them in TD since you get your cubes back on average :-?

Shinamori
Jan 26, 2014, 01:47 PM
^
Pretty much. There have been rare occasions where I haven't got my cubes back.

kisamehosh/C
Jan 26, 2014, 03:08 PM

same thing happened to me just mine was 3 slot 0.0

gigawuts
Jan 26, 2014, 03:42 PM
And I got a 5 slot 34 element boxed GM with boosters, what's your point?

Zorafim
Jan 26, 2014, 03:48 PM
I haven't even done ten tower defenses before I got my twin kamui, and I grinded it for less than 3mil with a latent (+60 atp doesn't seem worth doing that two more times). Not only do I not deserve a weapon this strong, but this was actually the only 11* I actually wanted. And it was the only twin dagger model I liked.

I'm probably not helping, but my point is that luck based gameplay is terrible. You may get what you want, and you may never get what you want. There's nothing you can do about it.

loool
Jan 26, 2014, 04:02 PM
So far I have found 5 11*. 4 from TD and 1 from DF. My advice for TD is get into a good block, use Lucky Rise Units, 250% Rare Boost (plus Tri-Boost if you have any), and make a party with Lv60+. You will likely get S-Rank and three rounds most of the time if everyone pick up fast. For DF, ummh... the more character you got the better to farm...

ThaiSoup
Jan 26, 2014, 04:11 PM
Guld & Milla is probably the best weapon in the game, so don't feel too bad.

Anyway, SEGA uses a pretty complex system when it comes to rare drop rates. Take a look at it here (http://i.imgur.com/ZDG5FyW.jpg).

2complex

Walkure
Jan 26, 2014, 04:48 PM
Lemme visualize this since people didn't seem to understand all that well the last time(s) I explained Bayes' Theorem and how rare boosters don't seem that useful. I'll have two circles: a green circle, and a gray circle. The gray circle represents drops due to standard drop rates, and the green circle represents boosted drop rates due to a 250% booster. The amount of overlap depends on the percentage of time that boosters are used.

Now, as you look at the two images, imagine if a dart or something hit randomly within the two circles. If it landed inside the green circle, but not within the gray circle, then that represents a drop happening solely due to the booster applied.

So, first off, Tower Defense example, which can have boosters active throughout because you can get enough excubes back to make the process sustaining:
http://i.imgur.com/BPnOWSQ.png

Now, for elder, and general gameplay outside of maybe XQs, using a booster isn't sustainable outside of very occasional usage. So you'll end up with something like:

http://i.imgur.com/IifzdPE.png

Since time spent without a booster is the vast majority of the time spent playing, using a 250% booster doesn't seem remotely as apparent.

Drifting Fable
Jan 26, 2014, 05:24 PM
I've been hunting the Daisy Chain for nearly 6 months already. Why I haven't given up on my fruitless search is beyond even me.

But it seems drop boosters for XQ's really aren't the way to go looking at those circles up there.

jooozek
Jan 26, 2014, 05:27 PM
boosters are the way to go if you are in for the stones

Walkure
Jan 26, 2014, 05:31 PM
You can cram a couple of days worth of XQs into a single booster, and even using 250% boosters on TD you have a good shot of having an excube surplus anyways. The stone drops, as well, are a good and constant benefit from using a booster. They're the best place to use boosters outside of TD, so it's not a bad way to put spare excubes into.

The bottom diagram is mainly with Falz/MPAs in mind, with their ungodly stingy drops. I don't even think I've even gotten an adaman wand from SH Elder since crafting came out.

UnLucky
Jan 26, 2014, 08:45 PM
XQs aren't worth doing without boosters

The Knowing
Jan 26, 2014, 09:07 PM
Lemme visualize this since people didn't seem to understand all that well the last time(s) I explained Bayes' Theorem and how rare boosters don't seem that useful. I'll have two circles: a green circle, and a gray circle. The gray circle represents drops due to standard drop rates, and the green circle represents boosted drop rates due to a 250% booster. The amount of overlap depends on the percentage of time that boosters are used.

Now, as you look at the two images, imagine if a dart or something hit randomly within the two circles. If it landed inside the green circle, but not within the gray circle, then that represents a drop happening solely due to the booster applied.

So, first off, Tower Defense example, which can have boosters active throughout because you can get enough excubes back to make the process sustaining:
http://i.imgur.com/BPnOWSQ.png

Now, for elder, and general gameplay outside of maybe XQs, using a booster isn't sustainable outside of very occasional usage. So you'll end up with something like:

http://i.imgur.com/IifzdPE.png

Since time spent without a booster is the vast majority of the time spent playing, using a 250% booster doesn't seem remotely as apparent.

wait, youre saying ppl use boosters for something other than TD, falz, and XQs?

thats just silly.

Kion
Jan 26, 2014, 09:48 PM
Club of no 11* here.

*Checks forums tittle* yeah join the club.

Yet I see a thousand Guld Millas around...

It seems like everyone and their dog has a guld mila. Glad I'm not the only one missing out.

Aine
Jan 26, 2014, 10:06 PM
Falz - Until TD came out I always used 250 boosters and occasionally triboosts on 6~7 characters. Three 11-star drops so far.

TD - Always use 250 boosters and occasionally triboosts over four runs, plus random EQ runs on other servers I sent sub characters to. Nine 11-star drops so far.

It's all about increasing frequency of drop rolls, and boosters are part of that.

TaigaUC
Jan 26, 2014, 10:15 PM
My friend and I each got two 11 stars from Tower Defense.
I got a Fal Claw and that shitty bow.
My friend got the shitty bow and the twin daggers.
Not very useful to our characters. Either just not worth it, or can't be equipped.

It'd be nice if Orochi Agito dropped from TD.
But no, it's only from Stingy Falz Coward, whom I farmed for over a year on multiple characters and got jack in the way of 11 stars.
I don't even bother doing Falz anymore unless I'm bored.
SEGA can take their RNG and shove it.

GALEFORCE
Jan 26, 2014, 10:25 PM
The exception with falz is if you happen to have a falz-only character who exists only to do falz to squeeze the most out of your 250s and triboosts. If you're comfortable with being a total leech, you could probably get at least 10 falzes in in one boost duration.

Even doing that with two of my characters + one without boosts, I haven't gotten any 11*s/12*s from falz. Falz's droprates are so dumb.

Macman
Jan 26, 2014, 10:45 PM
Falz's PSO2's droprates are so dumb.

Yup...

Ciel~Homura
Jan 26, 2014, 11:39 PM
So , i just rush here after saw this topic and join in as a non ★11 weapon squad member.

@Divulnigel You are still lucky that you got 1 ★11 weapon from DF...
There are some people that nearly hit 2000h now and still can't even get a hand on normal agito ._. ( no , seriously... not at coast area neither at Xmas event or even at darker den )

From my own experience(i haven't got any ★11 weapons yet after hitting 1700h week ago on my 2nd ID) , Rare boost 250% , 200% + Tri boost 100% , 50% doesn't help you at all , neither "Fortunate Omen" or "Lucky Rise" or "Temptation".
It's all depends on your own luck only >.> some may get ★11 while haven't even touch 600h yet and some might never going to get one even already played for 3000h+ ( except trading from rare stone shop LoL )

I was farming and leveling with DF ever since but still yet to see any ★11 ~ ★12 weapons with my own eyes @_@ and i "always" use Rare boost 150% , 250% with this silly DF. All i got is Elder Rod...(3 of them in my whole Pso2 life) i just got his 1st rifle 3 days ago... and once upon a time i received 1 of his rear unit too...
And no , i haven't got any ★11~ from base defense either...

I knew a people with 3000h+ with only 1 ★11 weapon(as a drop) and in other hand some hunter lv 40~ with lv 20~ sub class but can already touch their 1st ★11 weapon...(it is Nasuyoteri if anyone curious)

Trust me , it will drop when it will.
Nothing will help you get it.
Luck 1st Afford 2nd.
BUT !! IF YOU WON'T CONTINUE IT WILL NEVER DROP !! SOMEDAY !! for sure... i hope.....

@Macman couldn't agree more. Some people just got everything while someone can never get a thing ;_;

__________________________________________________ _________

http://ozmerkai.exblog.jp/ <<< what is this ? just some player with insane luck...

Macman
Jan 27, 2014, 12:14 AM
Tell me about it. My team master has gotten two Guld Millas from Falz, and at least 6 other 11* from TD...

gigawuts
Jan 27, 2014, 12:17 AM
@Macman couldn't agree more. Some people just got everything while someone can never get a thing ;_;

And this is actually fine, since that's how random works. It's a good thing, sometimes you win and sometimes you don't - but in the long term things will pretty much average out given enough draws.

What's bad is you can't exchange them. You're stuck with what you get (or don't get).

The trade pass system is still bad with such rare 11*s, but it's a lot better than no exchanging at all.

Macman
Jan 27, 2014, 12:20 AM
I think the biggest kick to the dick this game has is the sheer disregard for any form of even distribution.

It's one thing that random is random but when you have someone with 300 hours getting four super-rares while people with 3000+ hours are still using pyroxenes (hello my Fleetmalinka) there's something totally fishy going on.

ThaiSoup
Jan 27, 2014, 01:07 AM
RNG gonna RNG. Hasn't this point gotten across yet?

Kion
Jan 27, 2014, 01:12 AM
The other thing is patients. Sega generally makes everything super rare upfront, and then curves everything it out making it easier to catch up as time goes on. Remember when 7 stars just came out and everyone was grinding for braolets? If you wait until more content is released and play catch up, you can save a lot of time as opposed to being on the bleeding edge. I capped at 50 and took the last half a year off from playing, now it's stupidly easy to catch up with super hard, and advance quests being one capsule and 200% exp.

Macman
Jan 27, 2014, 01:19 AM
Except these 11* have been out for over a year now and are now getting outclassed by 10*. Granted TD has alleviated it a bit, it's still goddamn horrible since you can't actively hunt for them.

Exiled_Gundam
Jan 27, 2014, 01:32 AM
2 FV, 1 Motav, 1 Ely Sion from DF. 2 GM, 1 FV, 1 Xerc from TD. All of them with boosters, with all drops from Falz were on rare drop boost day + lucky raise units, and TD with best equipment I have at the time. I guess the usage of booster must intersect with your lucky day to get 11*s (during the days I got the 11*s and 12*s weapons, I got more rare drop than usual)

Taurus83
Jan 27, 2014, 04:23 AM
I remember one time only on Tower Defence got elysion without using any boost at all and then the rest event no more luck of getting other 11 star weapon like guld milla which is I wanted. All I can say "LUCK"

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 27, 2014, 04:43 AM
Yes... it's all about blind-stinkin-luck; some have it, some don't.

Over 3000+ hours for me, and the only 11* that I ever found was Twin Kamui from TD... which I don't even use; I always run with Triboosts and 250% Rare Boosters too.

Along the same vein, some PA's are just impossible to get too... and depend on dumb luck. For a week now, I've been vigorously spamming Caves and the BB EQ for Impact Slider 16 to no avail. Same with Shunka 16... still haven't got it.

Oh well... whatever. RNG be RNG.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 27, 2014, 04:50 AM
Stages of RNG;

Stage 1: Rage
Stage 2: Complain
Stage 3: Harassment
Stage 4: Anger at SEGA
Stage 5: Critical Thinking
Stage 6: Acceptance

isCasted
Jan 27, 2014, 05:16 AM
Stages of RNG;

Stage 7: GOTO Stage 1

WildarmsRE5
Jan 27, 2014, 05:24 AM
Stage 7: GOTO Stage 1right. . . I forgot to say "repeat" :wacko:

Kion
Jan 27, 2014, 05:49 AM
Stages of RNG;

I think there's a feedback loop between steps 4 and 2.

Macman
Jan 27, 2014, 06:04 AM
Looking back at this thread now, this sounds disturbingly close to discussion back when 10* were the new and hip thing.

Fighters hunting the coveted Stag Cutlery, forces spending their entire day killing Gilnachs...

History repeats itself, I guess.

Dark Priest
Jan 27, 2014, 06:16 AM
Only 11* i have gotten so far is Guild Milla and Nasuyoteri and that was from TD, and i have very little use for them, i rarely use Bullet bows as is, nor would invest the time and money upgrading it, and i have little interest in gunner, and it would feel pretty strange wanting to level a job just because of a weapon that will take millions to upgrade.

i have already givin up the fact so quickly that falz will pretty much never drop anything worthwhile, of course i still do the EQ because if i don't then that's a 100% chance of never getting anything.

Thankfully the crafting system has put a lot less need on getting 11 stars, but RNG will be RNG.

I am pretty sure GM is the most common 11 star as i see them everywhere and if you look at the quest info on items it's usually always at the top. I have never seen an Orochi Agito tho, i don't think it even drops from TD at all.

But coming from someone who spent months hunting Neis Claw and Psyco wand on Old PSO going long periods of time not getting anything dosn't phase me anymore.

Macman
Jan 27, 2014, 06:36 AM
Guld Milla's the only one I'm interested in. The rest are mere diversions meant to tempt me into emptying my wallet for classes I rarely play.

Imagine if 12* dropped in TD with a rate comparable to Elder's 11* drops...

deahamlet
Jan 27, 2014, 01:12 PM
Only 11* i have gotten so far is Guild Milla and Nasuyoteri and that was from TD, and i have very little use for them, i rarely use Bullet bows as is, nor would invest the time and money upgrading it, and i have little interest in gunner, and it would feel pretty strange wanting to level a job just because of a weapon that will take millions to upgrade.

i have already givin up the fact so quickly that falz will pretty much never drop anything worthwhile, of course i still do the EQ because if i don't then that's a 100% chance of never getting anything.

Thankfully the crafting system has put a lot less need on getting 11 stars, but RNG will be RNG.

I am pretty sure GM is the most common 11 star as i see them everywhere and if you look at the quest info on items it's usually always at the top. I have never seen an Orochi Agito tho, i don't think it even drops from TD at all.

But coming from someone who spent months hunting Neis Claw and Psyco wand on Old PSO going long periods of time not getting anything dosn't phase me anymore.

Orochi Agito is 12* and cannot drop from TD. Neither can Psychowand (why are you hating me, SEGA?!?!).

Shadowth117
Jan 27, 2014, 01:26 PM
So , i just rush here after saw this topic and join in as a non ★11 weapon squad member.

@Divulnigel You are still lucky that you got 1 ★11 weapon from DF...
There are some people that nearly hit 2000h now and still can't even get a hand on normal agito ._. ( no , seriously... not at coast area neither at Xmas event or even at darker den )

From my own experience(i haven't got any ★11 weapons yet after hitting 1700h week ago on my 2nd ID) , Rare boost 250% , 200% + Tri boost 100% , 50% doesn't help you at all , neither "Fortunate Omen" or "Lucky Rise" or "Temptation".
It's all depends on your own luck only >.> some may get ★11 while haven't even touch 600h yet and some might never going to get one even already played for 3000h+ ( except trading from rare stone shop LoL )

I was farming and leveling with DF ever since but still yet to see any ★11 ~ ★12 weapons with my own eyes @_@ and i "always" use Rare boost 150% , 250% with this silly DF. All i got is Elder Rod...(3 of them in my whole Pso2 life) i just got his 1st rifle 3 days ago... and once upon a time i received 1 of his rear unit too...
And no , i haven't got any ★11~ from base defense either...

Yeah pretty much this. I've clocked in around 5k hours at this point and I've yet to see a single 11*/12* weapon drop. It feels reminiscent of hunting account bound materials in PSU except those were actually possible to find, much less flat out hunt.

Hell, I remember when the Falz glitch was still a thing and I did a number of 4 hour falz sessions in a group, absolutely NO ONE in the group got an 11* during that period. So yeah...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 27, 2014, 01:46 PM
11*s... i got two in a little over 4k hours.

Twin kamui from falz in october I think, and that lame tower defense sword. I could buy an XQ weapon right now, but I'll wait for the new PAs in the spring.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 27, 2014, 08:09 PM
._.

Reduced PP consumption. . . it matters ._.

gigawuts
Jan 27, 2014, 08:37 PM
I had to hit 5.1k to get any. By 5.5k I found 6 or 7.

Dragon_Knight
Jan 27, 2014, 11:19 PM
So far in PSO2, after a year and a couple of thousand hours under my belt. I've managed to get an 11* rifle after about 25 or so SH tower defenses all of which had 250rare/100tri boosters on. Mind you I play force/techer so it doesn't do me any good...but I do have it. I've done numerous runs of DF as well hoping for anything really but have yet to get more than a neiclaw.

I have to say it though my team members all have elysions whether they play force or not and can't understand how I don't have it myself yet after all the tower defenses they've run as well...

But segac is what it is and I still wonder this lonely landscape looking for any sign of the elusive Psycho Wand....13 years of hunting, my friends....13 years.... :(

Daiyousei
Jan 28, 2014, 07:51 AM
I've been playing since beta, did what EQs I can, never had a single 11*, Not even when Everyone and their mom has a guld and kamui

Sandmind
Jan 28, 2014, 08:23 AM
Orochi Agito is 12* and cannot drop from TD. Neither can Psychowand (why are you hating me, SEGA?!?!).

Tower Defense Part2 is supposed to be out in april/may. I'm expecting Elder's 12* and new 12* to be added to it's drop pool.

Macman
Jan 28, 2014, 08:25 AM
Tower Defense part 2? First I've ever heard of that.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 28, 2014, 08:44 AM
Tower Defense part 2? First I've ever heard of that.

It's been in the roadmap for a while now. I do wonder what it is. Part of me thinks it will be Apprentice battle like Elder comes after Arms but I wonder how they would calculate the spawn rate then.

Divulnigel
Jan 28, 2014, 08:45 AM
sorry could not log in to reply, will edit this post (or will post new reply) when i read the replies all

from those i read, i am not sure, but it feels like there is a tricky system to it, not as simple as rares, notice the number of dropped weapons of the 11 stars on mine defense and see how the number of the 11 stars launcher and t-mg almost the same, also i noticed some other things but not sure about them

maybe i am over thinking how the rares drop, but it does not hurt to try new tactics as i have nothing else to do on the game beside anticipating a good rare

will continue reading the posts and sorry for the late reply

Tomo-Kinji
Jan 28, 2014, 10:06 AM
Hmm I was about to post about not having 11* at DF, but I accidentally got boxed Elysion today, while leveling my Techer. If class drop is true, I should have use gunner ^^;

Ciel~Homura
Jan 28, 2014, 06:52 PM
My friend got his 1st ★11 bow today while his play time is not even reach 700h~ yet and without any 250%+100% ._. ( his only subclass is still lv 45 ;o; )
in front of my screen... nearly kick him out of the questing room...
and what did i get... guard dut... err no i mean only 1 stupid ★10 sword.

Where is the justice !!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 28, 2014, 07:16 PM
My friend got his 1st ★11 bow today while his play time is not even reach 700h~ yet and without any 250%+100% ._. ( his only subclass is still lv 45 ;o; )

Where is the justice !!

You have a susano! You deserve no charity!

Emp
Jan 28, 2014, 07:19 PM

Where is the justice !!

I got my 11* falz bow in td without any boosters. If 11* is gonna drop, its better knowing you got one without a boost. Just makes you feel alot happier that way. Save your boosters for Arks Unity Festival boost week, its gonna 150% boost on top of all your tickets.

jcart953
Jan 28, 2014, 07:19 PM
Hmm I was about to post about not having 11* at DF, but I accidentally got boxed Elysion today, while leveling my Techer. If class drop is true, I should have use gunner ^^;

Has this been confirmed? I have yet to see anybody get a boxed one. None of the ones my friend and I got were boxed either. Just curious about this if anyone else got it as well.

gigawuts
Jan 28, 2014, 07:23 PM
Has this been confirmed? I have yet to see anybody get a boxed one. None of the ones my friend and I got were boxed either. Just curious about this if anyone else got it as well.

11*s drop boxed from elder falz, but not in TD

Ciel~Homura
Jan 28, 2014, 07:34 PM
@Maninbluejumpsuit but... i bought it *sad face*

@gigawuts This is new for me O_o !! i thought all of ★11~★12 always drop in piece and come with Elder soul + Ability III . ( since i always met with Adaman from that red box )

gigawuts
Jan 28, 2014, 07:43 PM
Nope, I found my guld milla boxed from elder falz (I didn't even have my braolet out - and yes, the braolet latent works on 11 & 12*s outside of tower defense).

Tower defense 11*s seem less like weapon drops we're familiar with from the rest of the game and more like very low rate matter board style drops, where it's a pre-set item that can drop (with generated element) instead of a completely generated drop.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 28, 2014, 07:45 PM
having the money to even buy a susano-guren. . .

you deserve no 11*

Zorafim
Jan 28, 2014, 07:50 PM

I think it's roughly twice as likely to get a main class rare than an off class? It considers all the drops you may get, and adds on top of that class specific drops. So as far as I know, you're much better off hunting with your main class than any other.

I got my 11* falz bow in td without any boosters. If 11* is gonna drop, its better knowing you got one without a boost. Just makes you feel alot happier that way. Save your boosters for Arks Unity Festival boost week, its gonna 150% boost on top of all your tickets.

Again, refer to the charts a while back. Running one DF with a 250% rare booster is like running 2.5 Falzs. If you're going to use a booster, Tower Defense is the mission to use it on.
Probability that booster is used given that drop is received is much different than probability that drop is received given booster is used. You're only interested in the latter.

Asellus
Jan 28, 2014, 10:16 PM
Why do people care so much about 11 star weapons? In most cases* 10 star weapons of the same class get higher raw, can also very easily get 50 elemental, and most importantly have resale value.

* Attache Obscura vs. Garde Mira gets 18 more raw, Garde Mira has better potential but when stacked against Burauvu~into, (which gets much lower raw btw) Garde Mira is nothing to boast about. Sure at one point it was god-like, but not anymore.

* Oputorion vs. Nirenkamui gets 12 more raw, Nirenkamui gets Blackheart but if you actually play the fighter class you know that you need liberal amounts of PP to keep your fury gauge active which is counter productive to blackheart.

* Volcano Mace vs. Eryushion gets 4 more raw, Eryushion gets an extremely useful potential but only if its level 3 unlocked. Deep pockets or not Eryushion has no resale value. However its one of the few 11 star weapons that's worth finding.

* Agni Bazooka vs. Flame visit gets 13 more raw, Flame visit gets Flame prison which requires subbing fighter to ranger. Most players seem to sub hunter to ranger rather than fighter. And Agni Bazooka gets Steadfast reaper which raises damage by up to 11% while shooting standing still, very practical on grenade launchers.

* Aero Cylinder vs. Sherīfīdo gets 64 less raw, Aero cylinder gets Zero effort which raises damage at close range compensating for the short fall in raw over the 11 star while Sherīfīdo gets Kousenkeitai which reduces PP consumption. Both are equally decent imo and keep in mind Aero cylinder can be craft worked to raise its raw.

* Susano Hiki vs. Nasuyoteri gets 4 less raw, tbh, there is no real difference here with potential both have equally decent potential expect the only real advantage here is that Susano hiki is multi classed. And remember, you can't craft work 11 star weapons so it'll never be multi classed.

In conclusion 11 star weapons are not the best thing going, 10 star weapons are equally good if not better. While this may not always be the case (as with the new crest weapons) I wouldn't beat myself up over not having an 11 star. Pff to 11 star weapons. Give me Psycho Wand!

Kikikiki
Jan 28, 2014, 10:19 PM
>crafting 10*'s

Zorafim
Jan 28, 2014, 10:21 PM
Every twin dagger looks stupid but Kamui. That's my reasoning.

jcart953
Jan 28, 2014, 10:34 PM
11*s drop boxed from elder falz, but not in TD

Aww figured as much :<

Why do people care so much about 11 star weapons? In most cases* 10 star weapons of the same class get higher raw, can also very easily get 50 elemental, and most importantly have resale value

Nothing wrong with having both. Besides all I wanted was elysion (luckily just got it) and nothing comes close to that for 10* wands, all other 11*s I could care less about.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 28, 2014, 10:35 PM
But Kamui has a stupid sfx
They had to balance out

WildarmsRE5
Jan 28, 2014, 10:36 PM
why would you craft an Arao Cynlinder? you just went full retard.

Also, Gunners don't have PP problems, why would you get a PP regen latent? better just get a GodMode guns instead or Hereticklely.

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 28, 2014, 10:37 PM
Maybe they live life on the edge

btw-Niji
Jan 28, 2014, 10:48 PM
Asellus has the best item name translations.

"Garde Mira"

Wtf...

Kikikiki
Jan 28, 2014, 10:52 PM
It's the weapon's name in romaji. Nothing wrong with it.

Emp
Jan 28, 2014, 11:02 PM
Why do people care so much about 11 star weapons? In most cases* 10 star weapons of the same class get higher raw, can also very easily get 50 elemental, and most importantly have resale value.

* Attache Obscura vs. Garde Mira gets 18 more raw, Garde Mira has better potential but when stacked against Burauvu~into, (which gets much lower raw btw) Garde Mira is nothing to boast about. Sure at one point it was god-like, but not anymore.

* Oputorion vs. Nirenkamui gets 12 more raw, Nirenkamui gets Blackheart but if you actually play the fighter class you know that you need liberal amounts of PP to keep your fury gauge active which is counter productive to blackheart.

* Volcano Mace vs. Eryushion gets 4 more raw, Eryushion gets an extremely useful potential but only if its level 3 unlocked. Deep pockets or not Eryushion has no resale value. However its one of the few 11 star weapons that's worth finding.

* Agni Bazooka vs. Flame visit gets 13 more raw, Flame visit gets Flame prison which requires subbing fighter to ranger. Most players seem to sub hunter to ranger rather than fighter. And Agni Bazooka gets Steadfast reaper which raises damage by up to 11% while shooting standing still, very practical on grenade launchers.

* Aero Cylinder vs. Sherīfīdo gets 64 less raw, Aero cylinder gets Zero effort which raises damage at close range compensating for the short fall in raw over the 11 star while Sherīfīdo gets Kousenkeitai which reduces PP consumption. Both are equally decent imo and keep in mind Aero cylinder can be craft worked to raise its raw.

* Susano Hiki vs. Nasuyoteri gets 4 less raw, tbh, there is no real difference here with potential both have equally decent potential expect the only real advantage here is that Susano hiki is multi classed. And remember, you can't craft work 11 star weapons so it'll never be multi classed.

In conclusion 11 star weapons are not the best thing going, 10 star weapons are equally good if not better. While this may not always be the case (as with the new crest weapons) I wouldn't beat myself up over not having an 11 star. Pff to 11 star weapons. Give me Psycho Wand!

This post makes me lol. But it has good point. I've always been preached that if you cant 50 it, dont use it(doesnt apply to tech weps. Now that doesnt really apply to Guld Milla cause that pot is badass. But with so many TD runs now, 11* drop like candy. You more than likely to 50* an 11* now than in the past. Iirc, I remember Gigawuts posting pics of his back to back Twin Kumai?!

Im just worried about the new AQ and XQ weps. How much with those new weps coming sometime mid this year affect the game in its current meta.

btw-Niji
Jan 28, 2014, 11:14 PM
It's the weapon's name in romaji. Nothing wrong with it.
But is it necessary to use such a confusing name when it's already been officially translated? The weapon is from PSO1.

And no that is not the correct Romaji. It is "Garudo Mira".

By the way, nice edit. Don't be scared of the mods, lol.

Emp
Jan 28, 2014, 11:33 PM
But is it necessary to use such a confusing name when it's already been officially translated? The weapon is from PSO1.

And no that is not the correct Romaji. It is "Garudo Mira".

I guess Assellus, who is a vita player, has developed the tendency to only pronounce names in romaji. It happens. I tend to do it in my head but I don't pronounce publicly in Romania standards. Its developed because u have to learn katakana and how to type it on the vita using the Romania keyboard.

Kikikiki
Jan 28, 2014, 11:49 PM

A few of my posts get deleted and so I got scared uhahuahahua!!!!

But no, in fact, I tried to be productive instead.

And you obviously can't blame Vita-oriented players if they tend to stick to [inserts romaji].

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 29, 2014, 12:21 AM
I think PSO2 Scans your brainwaves knowing exactly what you're thinking, So if you really want something it will never ever drop, but then stop caring then it drops , well thats the case for me anyway.

Zorafim
Jan 29, 2014, 12:29 AM
Iunno. I had the same brainwaves when the kamuis dropped.

"Oh neat, Kamuis dropped. Oh wait, those actually are Kamuis. Go figure. Better take a picture and gloat on PSOW."

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 29, 2014, 12:38 AM
Ah i see there must be a brainwave RNG too, 99% chance it won't drop if you're thinking about it, 1% chance it will. Brainwaves o.o

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 01:11 AM
Well, I'll tell you what I do..

I have a 2nd character that ALWAYS has a 250% rare booster on, and I only log her in when Elder Falz EQ shows up, kill hands one time on normal, then do Elder Falz on super hard.

I save all my 250% rare boosters for this character.

Because I do it this way, EVERY time I do elder falz, I always have a 250% rare booster on my character (it only coolsdown while you're in the mission).

If you have more than one alternate character to use in this way, you can kill elder falz MULTIPLE times every time the EQ happens, and on your alternate(s) that you use strictly for elder falz, they can get several elder kills on just 1 booster each.

So.. every time elder falz happens, I'm killing him 2 or 3 times, and with 250% boosters on.

(I dont use 250% boosters on my main character, I give them to the alt(s) I use only for elder falz).

Remember, 11 and 12 star items CAN be traded among characters on the same account using item storage.

Good trick right?

^ This is my trick, what's yours?

I've only found one 11 star weapon in this way so far, but it happened to be the 11 star talis, and it has Elder Soul, Technique II, Ability III, and Lucky Rise I on it ALREADY! Sweet right??
This is what I have been doing to boost my chances of getting Psycho Wand

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 01:18 AM
The only other advice I can give is to remember to claim your XQ passes each day, and run XQ's with a good group of people, some nice things can drop in XQ's and eventually you'll have enough ores to buy 11 star weps or armor at the shop

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 01:23 AM
Shameless plug: I'm in Org XIII and we are recruiting! Hit one of us up in b20 or apply via the visiphone!

Asellus
Jan 29, 2014, 01:23 AM
I guess Assellus, who is a vita player, has developed the tendency to only pronounce names in romaji. It happens. I tend to do it in my head but I don't pronounce publicly in Romania standards. Its developed because u have to learn katakana and how to type it on the vita using the Romania keyboard.

No, I've always been a PC user.

I took Japanese 101 and 102 in college and retained all of the katakana lessons, well that and google translate was in-effect here.

No one should make silly assumptions about if a person is a vita player or a PC player based on game name translations. Really guys c'mon that post had nothing to do with game name translations, IMO only nerds who have nothing better to contribute to the post scrutinize silly details. Nerds!^^

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 29, 2014, 01:26 AM
Good idea, i also do this, but it is sometimes hard to get into a block to run DF Elder if you're not Premium.

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 01:26 AM
Assellus, scroll up and check my tip about elder falz.

It's the best way to get 11 or 12 stars that I know of.

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 01:27 AM
Good idea, i also do this, but it is sometimes hard to get into a block to run DF Elder if you're not Premium.

That's true, having premium helps but you should be able to get 2 completed even without premium.

The main thing is to have that alt character with 250% boost on and only use it for elder falz.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 29, 2014, 01:29 AM

I took Japanese 101 and 102 in college and retained all of the katakana lessons, well that and google translate was in-effect here.

No one should make silly assumptions about if a person is a vita player or a PC player based on game name translations. Really guys c'mon that post had nothing to do with game name translations, IMO only nerds who have nothing better to contribute to the post scrutinize silly details. Nerds!^^assuming that Guld Milla was a PSO1 weapon. . .

you're really going to make them rage just for that nostalgic weapon.

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 01:29 AM
Oh and don't forget to use the Vita blocks for elder falz if you can't get into a PC block if you aren't premium.

xxmadplayerxx
Jan 29, 2014, 01:31 AM
Yup , a Vita block or PC block it doesn't matter to me, they all run the same. But good tips RedZone thanks for sharing that, i'm sure it will help the guy who posted this thread ^^.

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 01:32 AM
Yeah if he even reads through 10 pages of chatter

WildarmsRE5
Jan 29, 2014, 03:46 AM
Yeah if he even reads through 10 pages of chatterI'm sure he will.

milranduil
Jan 29, 2014, 03:52 AM
IMO only nerds who have nothing better to contribute to the post scrutinize silly details. Nerds!^^

Congrats. You have correctly identified all posters on this forum (including yourself) :wacko:

Ce'Nedra
Jan 29, 2014, 04:00 AM

*hugs Bloody Art/Nacht, Blade dance and Iblis Blood tight* T-they do not ;-;

GoldenFalcon
Jan 29, 2014, 04:22 AM

I don't like Iblis Blood because of the frilly things that obfuscate the blade (also male characters)
However, I think I would like Brass Howl (even though Akane is a straight upgrade..)
But on the subject of the only good daggers being from previous games, I'd love Serafi Daggers to be added

Zorafim
Jan 29, 2014, 04:26 AM

Blade Dance is weighted heavily towards the grip. Since the most effective spot to strike with a weapon is its center of mass, this heavily limits either the range or the damage a swing can do. The awkward curve exaggerates this, making it do even less damage except where the blade curves out (far away from its center of gravity).
You can test the effects of a handle heavy weapon by taking a stick and trying to strike with it by grabbing its center. You'll get that same awkward feeling with this weapon.

Iblis Blood is also top heavy, with most of the weapon's weight being on the guard. This makes the weapon harder to swing, while keeping the blades as fragile as before. Their inward curve makes it slightly easier to defend with them, but causes the wielder to reach with their attacks further than needed, causing them to be more open to attacks.

Bloody Art is black and red. Totally doesn't go with my color style.

deahamlet
Jan 29, 2014, 04:27 AM

No one should make silly assumptions about if a person is a vita player or a PC player based on game name translations. Really guys c'mon that post had nothing to do with game name translations, IMO only nerds who have nothing better to contribute to the post scrutinize silly details. Nerds!^^

The only thing you achieved is making it harder for people to follow which weapons you are talking about. And calling people nerds in a derogatory way on a gaming forum for a japanese title with homegrown translations is the height of hypocrisy. Welcome to the nerd community, nerd.

Macman
Jan 29, 2014, 04:28 AM
Spergin'
You're trying to apply physics to weapons that are made out of lasers?

Zorafim
Jan 29, 2014, 04:30 AM
You know it.

I always consider every motion my characters make, to the point where it honestly bugs me when Link swings his sword with his left hand. I directly correlate the beauty of the weapon with how effective it would be if I picked it up. Which is why I don't like swords and double sabers. It's not a conscious thing I do. It's just, you can't help but think that way after a certain point.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 29, 2014, 04:42 AM
This game is based on photons, all 6ft 100kg swords and such can be lifted with your left pinky.

I never look at weapons that way, I just pick what I love on looks. I do agree on the lack of Dagger of Serafi.

GoldenFalcon
Jan 29, 2014, 04:48 AM
Blade Dance is ...
You can test the effects of a handle heavy weapon by taking a stick and trying to strike with it by grabbing its center. You'll get that same awkward feeling with this weapon.

Sticks aren't lightsabers

Daiyousei
Jan 29, 2014, 06:31 AM
While we're talking about applying Physics to weapons, the description of Lambda Aristin states that it is "A greatsword forged from a strong, highly magnetic alloy with antigravitational abilities. It feels even lighter than the base model."

Which kinda justifies why it's all class.

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 06:33 AM
It's all about the photons.
http://www.geekalerts.com/u/Massive-Cosplay-Titan-Sword.jpg

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 06:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzebX7RFQss"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzebX7RFQss
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/75/c1/5b/75c15b9f90e1266e6f2682f76df1e4ae.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/toufuushogunate/Nodachi.jpg

Daiyousei
Jan 29, 2014, 06:37 AM
I'll reply with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNc7kHADtUw

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 06:42 AM
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/arikaBFL.jpg

^ She says that guy is weak.

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 06:51 AM
http://smhttp.14409.nexcesscdn.net/806D5E/wordpress-L/images/silent_hill.jpg

Redzone
Jan 29, 2014, 06:59 AM
Well, I'll tell you what I do..

I have a 2nd character that ALWAYS has a 250% rare booster on, and I only log her in when Elder Falz EQ shows up, kill hands one time on normal, then do Elder Falz on super hard.

I save all my 250% rare boosters for this character.

Because I do it this way, EVERY time I do elder falz, I always have a 250% rare booster on my character (it only coolsdown while you're in the mission).

If you have more than one alternate character to use in this way, you can kill elder falz MULTIPLE times every time the EQ happens, and on your alternate(s) that you use strictly for elder falz, they can get several elder kills on just 1 booster each.

So.. every time elder falz happens, I'm killing him 2 or 3 times, and with 250% boosters on.

(I dont use 250% boosters on my main character, I give them to the alt(s) I use only for elder falz).

Remember, 11 and 12 star items CAN be traded among characters on the same account using item storage.

Good trick right?

^ This is my trick, what's yours?

I've only found one 11 star weapon in this way so far, but it happened to be the 11 star talis, and it has Elder Soul, Technique II, Ability III, and Lucky Rise I on it ALREADY! Sweet right??
This is what I have been doing to boost my chances of getting Psycho Wand

^ this

gigawuts
Jan 29, 2014, 08:45 AM
This post makes me lol. But it has good point. I've always been preached that if you cant 50 it, dont use it(doesnt apply to tech weps. Now that doesnt really apply to Guld Milla cause that pot is badass. But with so many TD runs now, 11* drop like candy. You more than likely to 50* an 11* now than in the past. Iirc, I remember Gigawuts posting pics of his back to back Twin Kumai?!

Im just worried about the new AQ and XQ weps. How much with those new weps coming sometime mid this year affect the game in its current meta.

Right, about that...

http://puu.sh/6CwAf.jpg

Emp
Jan 29, 2014, 08:46 AM
Right, about that...

I bet you are the enemy of all Arks atm.

gigawuts
Jan 29, 2014, 08:52 AM
Most of them, yes.

I'm still undecided on whether I should do XQs for a whole extra 5 large stones so I can keep the third GM to resell when they add 11* trading, since I'm not even sure if it'll be worth anything. I mean, it's not like they're all that rare anymore.

Emp
Jan 29, 2014, 08:55 AM
Most of them, yes.

I'm still undecided on whether I should do XQs for a whole extra 5 large stones so I can keep the third GM to resell when they add 11* trading, since I'm not even sure if it'll be worth anything. I mean, it's not like they're all that rare anymore.

Save your passes for new SH XQs ^^; You can always 50 one or put em in peoples rooms on holograms.

HIT0SHI
Jan 29, 2014, 08:58 AM
I sure hope so i can 50% mine... then again SEGA might not make XQ 11* selleble like the other rares...

So im most likely i'll be stuck forever with a 23% Wind G.M. ; w;

gigawuts
Jan 29, 2014, 09:07 AM
Save your passes for new SH XQs ^^; You can always 50 one or put em in peoples rooms on holograms.

I have over 100 so I mean, it's not like I care. Even if I had less I still wouldn't care, I don't bother with XQs most of the time.

Macman
Jan 29, 2014, 09:47 AM
So im most likely i'll be stuck forever with a 23% Wind G.M. ; w;
First world Arks problems. *retweetedbyhumblebrag*

Still waiting for mine, bro.

Coatl
Jan 29, 2014, 11:21 AM
Well I had 5 *11s drop for me, so obviously you just aren't trying hard enough.

OBVIOUSLY

Ciel~Homura
Jan 29, 2014, 03:14 PM

Its not actually about how high raw dmg they have. Its about their special potential skill that can't find on any other weapons.

Like... Black Heart , Celestial Bullet , Vampiric Blade , Steadfast Reaper , Powerful Prophecy , Innocent Appearance , etc...

This is why people want it. If we compare (★10)Boulay Obs(or susano-guren) Vs. (★12)Orochi Agito so everyone can get a picture on how much different it is.
OR
(★10)Elder Pain Vs. (★12)Ely Sion , in this case i would take Elder Pain LoL
(★10)Optreion Vs. (★11)Niren Kamui , (★10)Attache Obs Vs. (★11)Guld Milla
and so on ~ even you can craft a high attack weapon still , it will never get any exclusive potential like ★11~★12

Right, about that...

This break my poor heart...

All i need is just... 1 Elder pain , 1 Guld Milla and of course... 1 Orochi Agito

But if i can be a bit more reasoning... i just want 1 Guld Milla ;o;

gigawuts
Jan 29, 2014, 03:18 PM
I want to find a Sange and then I want it to get a Vampiric Blade latent like it should've had from the get. Also a damage boost to bring it in line with other decent katanas.

Because that's what Braver really needs, don't you guys think?

Ciel~Homura
Jan 29, 2014, 03:21 PM
I want to find a Sange and then I want it to get a Vampiric Blade latent like it should've had from the get. Also a damage boost to bring it in line with other decent katanas.

Because that's what Braver really needs, don't you guys think?

If Sange come with Vampiric Blade that would be really awesome !!
But i still want to try on Black Heart too (*´▽`*)

DrizztVII
Jan 29, 2014, 04:07 PM
if you have more than 2 characters, you could do it statically...

Leave one character (probably your main character) for Mine Defense only, and always use 250% rare drop boost during the defense. Even you might still not get a ☆11 drop, you will get an average drop of 6 ☆10 weapons, which means you could have the 250% boost back. Keep it in a good cycle, you will get ☆11 someday:)

(I got 6 ☆11 drop from mine defense so far.)

Well about the other character, just play with it freely as usual.

Shinamori
Jan 29, 2014, 06:34 PM
If Sange come with Vampiric Blade that would be really awesome !!
But i still want to try on Black Heart too (*´▽`*)

Sange is weak though, unless they add a good latent, I won't bother hunting it.

Zorafim
Jan 29, 2014, 06:52 PM
I never look at weapons that way, I just pick what I love on looks.

By all means, keep on doing so. I'm just explaining why I don't like the dagger models.

This game is based on photons, all 6ft 100kg swords and such can be lifted with your left pinky.

I honestly have no issue with this. I don't really care how unrealistic a weapon is, so long as it keeps my suspension of disbelief. I'm alright with a skinny little girl wielding a giant axe, since it's explained her body can output a large amount of strength due to photon energy or whatever. But once I see an inefficient design is when it's too much for me.

I do agree on the lack of Dagger of Serafi.

I think we can all agree on this.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 29, 2014, 11:00 PM
I'd like to see a report on a Freemium member getting an 11*. . .

is there anyone?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 29, 2014, 11:07 PM
I'd like to see a report on a Freemium member getting an 11*. . .

is there anyone?

I'm a peasant that got an untekked twin kamui from falz back in october...

WildarmsRE5
Jan 29, 2014, 11:16 PM
good enough, just wondering.

Kikikiki
Jan 29, 2014, 11:33 PM
Being premium doesn't help in dropping 11* or drop rate in general. Rare drop up large? Here, have more 9*'s.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 29, 2014, 11:47 PM
no, I've just been thinking of a conspiracy from SEGA "Oh, they aren't premium? let's not give them 11*/12* lol"

Zorafim
Jan 29, 2014, 11:54 PM
I've paid for a few things. Three mags and a skill tree. But I don't have premium, and I still got my Twin Kamui after not too long.
Yes I'm aware that's not exactly the name.

btw-Niji
Jan 30, 2014, 12:10 AM
I've paid for a few things. Three mags and a skill tree. But I don't have premium, and I still got my Twin Kamui after not too long.
Yes I'm aware that's not exactly the name.
Twin Kamui is the real name. There are a lot of lazy and mistranslated item names here. "Niren Kamui" is one of them.

Kikikiki
Jan 30, 2014, 12:21 AM
I don't care where you got the name Twin Kamui, but in the game it's written as ニレンカムイ which is spelled as Niren Kamui. The ニレン part is probably 二連 which means "duplicate", but since they're only using katakana, I'll just go with Niren Kamui.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 30, 2014, 12:21 AM
no, I've just been thinking of a conspiracy from SEGA "Oh, they aren't premium? let's not give them 11*/12* lol"

Oh yeah, forgot I got shit cycler... i mean sharp cycler too.

btw-Niji
Jan 30, 2014, 12:25 AM
I don't care where you got the name Twin Kamui, but in the game it's written as ニレンカムイ which is spelled as Niren Kamui. The ニレン part is probably 二連 which means "duplicate", but since they're only using katakana, I'll just go with Niren Kamui.
Duplicate = twin, pretty much.

Plus it's always been called "Twin" or "Two" for years by the PSOBB community and might I remind that this is a PSOBB item

There you go, bro.

Kikikiki
Jan 30, 2014, 12:28 AM
Duplicate = twin, pretty much.

Plus it's always been called "Twin" or "Two" for years by the PSOBB community.

There you go, bro.

Not like I care about a certain community on the internet. I don't play other PSO games either. I bet a lot of players in PSO2 also don't. Nostalgia is a bitch so I can understand calling it by its old name, but it's not really a "real" name as long as SEGA doesn't officially state that it is.

btw-Niji
Jan 30, 2014, 12:29 AM
It has absolutely nothing to do with nostalgia, though.

GALEFORCE
Jan 30, 2014, 12:32 AM
Niren Kamui is the real name. Twin Kamui is a translation.

Kikikiki
Jan 30, 2014, 12:33 AM
If that's the case how about stepping it up and call it Niren Kamui instead of insisting on Twin Kamui.

MetalDude
Jan 30, 2014, 12:33 AM
It's more like straightforward logic. It's two Kamui together, therefore Twin Kamui. Not much else to it.

And the same goes for MKB and BKB as well. They're instantly recognizable by those names for english players even if they're bad translations. It's like FF Espers; it doesn't really matter if it's wrong or not the official/original name, it's far more easily recognizable that way.

Kikikiki
Jan 30, 2014, 12:35 AM
The point was that it's not the "real" or "official" name.

MetalDude
Jan 30, 2014, 12:37 AM
And my point is no one on the english community side that played the games with those translations really cares. It's what we're used to and what they're recognized by.

EDIT: Unless you're simply trying to establish that it doesn't matter what people call it either way, just that Niren Kamui is the official name. Which still doesn't really matter.

Kikikiki
Jan 30, 2014, 12:39 AM
And my point is no one on the english community side that played the games with those translations really cares. It's what we're used to and what they're recognized by.

I think the btw-Niji guy cares a lot about it saying about how it's the real name and so on though.

Zorafim
Jan 30, 2014, 12:40 AM
I would like to point out that the "Partisan" is a glaive, the "Halbert" is a partisan, and the "Glaive" is a halberd. So, there's that.

MetalDude
Jan 30, 2014, 12:40 AM
I think the btw-Niji guy cares a lot about it saying about how it's the real name and so on though.
I just re-read and understand now.

Forgot my previous post then.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 30, 2014, 01:19 AM
I would like to point out that the "Partisan" is a glaive, the "Halbert" is a partisan, and the "Glaive" is a halberd. So, there's that.

Ugh let's not go there. I've been to the wikipedia page for those types of weapons; the technical differences are annoying as hell.^^;

Asellus
Jan 30, 2014, 04:19 AM

I find this to be true the other way around.

"Let's give those who aren't doling out cash a chance at being OP, here you go have every 11 star in the game."

WildarmsRE5
Jan 30, 2014, 04:33 AM
meanwhile, I got my 11*'s while I was prem.

Asellus
Jan 30, 2014, 04:49 AM
If that's the case how about stepping it up and call it Niren Kamui instead of insisting on Twin Kamui.

I'm all for just using the actual katakana, no translations. But I can imagine there are a lot of feeble minded people in this community and it might confuse and anger them.

jooozek
Jan 30, 2014, 05:19 AM
hey guise im a supar weeaboo xD yall feeble minded cus you aint learning katakana just 4 sum shitty f2p game xD xD xD

Tomo-Kinji
Jan 30, 2014, 05:49 AM
hey guise im a supar weeaboo xD yall feeble minded cus you aint learning katakana just 4 sum shitty f2p game xD xD xD

Thumbs up for people who learns basic japanese before or during playing PSO2 :-)
(As a side note, learned katakana/hiragana 1 week before the vita release of this game ^^;)

Asellus
Jan 30, 2014, 06:25 AM

....and contestant number one throws his hat into the rink, make some space this one seems really angry. :-P

jooozek
Jan 30, 2014, 06:32 AM
....and contestant number one throws his hat into the rink, make some space this one seems really angry. :-P
delusions are ok too

Ciel~Homura
Jan 30, 2014, 08:31 AM
about premium thinggy...

I'm always premium since i am addicted to my room function and you can freely buy&sell up to ★10 equipment , plus you can access most of channel in mostly anytime.
Its make my life become more comfortable ( ̄ー ̄)

Strangely i found my self harder to get a rare item when compares to a non-premium player.
But i don't think premium is playing any role here. I think it is a problem with my own luck.(and PSO2 LoL)

Walkure
Jan 30, 2014, 09:40 AM
Really confused on the "Niren Kamui" vs "Twin Kamui" argument because Niren has a close-enough definition to twin that it really doesn't matter (http://jisho.org/words?jap=niren&eng=&dict=edict).

Though really, the complete, simple, and more literal translation would be something like "Two (Divine) Spirits".

gigawuts
Jan 30, 2014, 10:56 AM
Everybody should know by now that unless an official translation is given (and even then) items will be called by something like 5 different names, even by the same individuals, and people are just going to have to know they mean the same thing.

For one example: アリスティン

Aristin? Alistin? Aristine? Arisutin? All of these are equally correct and nitpicking that shit is like nitpicking the order people multiply bonuses when working out skilltrees - trivial and moot.

GALEFORCE
Jan 30, 2014, 01:13 PM
The point is someone was calling the translation the "real name" and the direct romaji a fake name.

Lol.

jooozek
Jan 30, 2014, 01:31 PM
The point is someone was calling the translation the "real name" and the direct romaji a fake name.

Lol.

from the context you could actually read what they were talking about, since you didn't catch on: the translated name across the franchise

aduran
Jan 30, 2014, 01:53 PM
I have gotten two 11 now finally in TD. Falz doesnt like me. Both times was with less than 12 players and two of the towers were down at the end, pure luck or coincidence.

GALEFORCE
Jan 30, 2014, 03:08 PM
from the context you could actually read what they were talking about, since you didn't catch on: the translated name across the franchise

He literally called Niren Kamui a mistranslation and made a fuss about it. I don't care whether you call them Niren or Twin Kamui. Niren is the real name in PSO2 tho.

jooozek
Jan 30, 2014, 03:15 PM
i don't know how could anyone even call romanising kana per "translation"

milranduil
Jan 30, 2014, 04:17 PM
He literally called Niren Kamui a mistranslation and made a fuss about it. I don't care whether you call them Niren or Twin Kamui. Niren is the real name in PSO2 tho.

If you want to get really technical, ニレンカムイ is the -real- name.

btw-Niji
Jan 30, 2014, 04:33 PM
I should have rephrased my posts and I apologize for that, but it doesn't matter.

What I was trying to say: Niren Kamui isn't a translation, Twin Kamui is the "real >English< translation"; Niren Kamui is just a lazy "romanisation" and there are too many mistranslations of PSO1 items that were already officially translated by SEGA. Look at MKB and BKB, for example.

Let's move on anyway-- this argument is kind of retarded, lmao.

Zorafim
Jan 30, 2014, 05:08 PM
If you want to get really technical, ニレンカムイ is the -real- name.

This is the correct answer. Trying to say that anything english is real shows a massive lack of understanding on the subject. Do you go with what has been translated before? The exact pronunciation? The vague meaning? There's no right answer.

I'm gonna start calling them Twin Divine Spirits though. That name's just baller.
I wrote this post just to express that last statement.

Macman
Jan 30, 2014, 05:27 PM
I just call'em Kamuis because I don't feel like alt-shifting to look pretentious. Everyone here knows damn well what it means anyway.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 31, 2014, 12:26 AM
It's amazing that you guys are still on this offtopic translation dispute for... 2 days now?

Edson Drake
Jan 31, 2014, 12:29 AM
I got an Elysion, 11* finally(didn't even wanted IT specifically).

TD, with 250% booster and a 100% Tribooster + a good party(S rank). That's how I got it.

Sayara
Jan 31, 2014, 12:40 AM
It happens exactly like this post:the nexus threadin dreams (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3080065#post3080065)

Zorafim
Jan 31, 2014, 01:04 AM
It's amazing that you guys are still on this offtopic translation dispute for... 2 days now?

There's not much going on in the forums right now.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 31, 2014, 03:29 AM
Everybody should know by now that unless an official translation is given (and even then) items will be called by something like 5 different names, even by the same individuals, and people are just going to have to know they mean the same thing.

For one example: アリスティン

Aristin? Alistin? Aristine? Arisutin? All of these are equally correct and nitpicking that shit is like nitpicking the order people multiply bonuses when working out skilltrees - trivial and moot.

Wait, there was an argument about the translation of weapons? *looks back a few pages*

Oh...oh. Ya'll are stupid silly.

PSOw.

Ciel~Homura
Feb 2, 2014, 02:45 PM
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/p526x296/1555455_10201602376278371_1698942854_n.jpg

Well... the drop rate is so broke...
My friends drop out 2 of his ★11 units at the same time today.
He even got ★11 weapons before from base defense.
Our play time is nearly the same ( arround 100h different ) and i have never got any ★11 (neither units or weapons)

Where is the justice ?!

WildarmsRE5
Feb 2, 2014, 06:22 PM
you have money, you don't deserve the justice we poor players do.

Ciel~Homura
Feb 3, 2014, 09:57 AM
you have money, you don't deserve the justice we poor players do.

Everyone start as 0.
Its depends on how much you try and how long you farm.
I can normally get arround 2m per day even without a single ★10 rare drop.
You can be rich too if you keep saving up and TA alot but even you have 300m~ you can't have a ★11~★12 weapons. (of course you can exchange it , but most of ★10 is merely the same as those weapons anyway)

If Guld Milla can be sell and it price is arround 150 ~ 200m i'm gonna grab one but unfortunately thats it can only be obtained from dropping from quest only.

And i don't think only poor player deserve it since they might not have the money to even grind it (not even to mention about adding abilities).
What is the point for them having ★11 if they can't even make it stronger than ★9.:-P

gigawuts
Feb 3, 2014, 10:13 AM
I doubt GMs will be even close to 100m. They're far, far too common. They may not drop for you specifically, but they do drop - and likely for people who don't even want it (just like most rares). When 11*s can be sold they will go up on the market, and due to limited number of people actually able to buy them (what with requiring 11* purchasing passes) the people who don't want the GMs will firesell them.

I'm guessing the price will be more like 5m tops just based on the thousands that drop every week, but hey I'm missing tons of factors here and economics isn't a science known for its accuracy.

Arksenth
Feb 3, 2014, 12:23 PM
Everyone start as 0.
Its depends on how much you try and how long you farm.
I can normally get arround 2m per day even without a single ★10 rare drop.
You can be rich too if you keep saving up and TA alot but even you have 300m~ you can't have a ★11~★12 weapons. (of course you can exchange it , but most of ★10 is merely the same as those weapons anyway)

If Guld Milla can be sell and it price is arround 150 ~ 200m i'm gonna grab one but unfortunately thats it can only be obtained from dropping from quest only.

And i don't think only poor player deserve it since they might not have the money to even grind it (not even to mention about adding abilities).
What is the point for them having ★11 if they can't even make it stronger than ★9.:-P

This is so true. Poor people getting 11 star drops is like, an atrocity since they can't even make it half-decent and then run around with them +6 with no potential. It's as if they have no sense.

But if they had any sense, they wouldn't be poor, I guess.

Tenlade
Feb 3, 2014, 12:42 PM
There's like what, 3000+ guld milla's dropped every week? thats actually pretty common in comparison to a lot of other rares. factor in that its most likely only premiums can buy 11* while anyone can sell them, and they'll most likely be pretty cheap.

Its the newer 11* weapons that will be expensive with thier lower droprate.

This is so true. Poor people getting 11 star drops is like, an atrocity since they can't even make it half-decent and then run around with them +6 with no potential. It's as if they have no sense.

But if they had any sense, they wouldn't be poor, I guess.
Do you miss bragging in the money thread already?

btw-Niji
Feb 3, 2014, 12:50 PM
Senseless poor and lazy people are the best!

Macman
Feb 3, 2014, 06:46 PM
It's gonna be weird. Will Guld Milla be cheaper than Attache Obs?

gigawuts
Feb 3, 2014, 07:04 PM
Probably.

If not I'll have a spare :wacko:

Macman
Feb 3, 2014, 07:25 PM
Gimme a discount. I'll even take that shitty wind element one. ;_;

Dnd
Feb 3, 2014, 07:31 PM
In the first few days, the prices will be dirt cheap for all of them. The next week or two the prices will rise then stabilize out, just like 10*'s did when they first came out.

I fully expect a +10/lv3 latent, 5 slot/50 element GM to hit 80+mill after week 1's firesale has calmed down. Even if up to 4k a week drop, there will be alot of people who want one that still don't (assuming 11* trading is out in a month or two tops) and even less people who have done that to their GM willing to sell it.

This is all my guess, anyway so i could be wrong, which is proberly a very high chance

WildarmsRE5
Feb 3, 2014, 09:12 PM
oh right, I became piss poor after grinding my Gulds to max. . . no Ragrets

Dark Priest
Feb 3, 2014, 10:16 PM
There's like what, 3000+ guld milla's dropped every week? thats actually pretty common in comparison to a lot of other rares. factor in that its most likely only premiums can buy 11* while anyone can sell them, and they'll most likely be pretty cheap.

Its the newer 11* weapons that will be expensive with thier lower droprate.

Do you miss bragging in the money thread already?

It's attention seeking, this is his thing, most mature people just ignore him as it's like watching a 5 year old rant by him self in the corner.

I do think guild milla is worth anywhere near 5-10mil + they are just to common, for every gunner i see over half of them usually have GM, and the annoying factor of upgrading 11* as is will make them even less desirable. it has nothing to do with who is broke or not, it is simply not a good investment for some people.

Macman
Feb 3, 2014, 10:36 PM
While they are "common" wherethefuckismine, I feel that there's still not market saturation because every gunner's going to want at least two copies for element grinding. I'm going to guess somewhere in the 20m ballpark early on.

Rakurai
Feb 3, 2014, 10:47 PM
I hope Elysion won't be too expensive, though considering it's the only way for FO/TE to do damage that could considered remotely competitive, I'm assuming it'll probably end up being more expensive then Guld Milla.

Macman
Feb 3, 2014, 11:51 PM
Not too sure about that, Sazan spamming aside, wands aren't in anywhere near as high of a demand as rods.

MetalDude
Feb 3, 2014, 11:54 PM
Watch Prophets be 1k as soon as 11* trading is available.

gigawuts
Feb 3, 2014, 11:58 PM

Man, they're 1k now - vendors.

BlueCast Boy
Feb 4, 2014, 01:33 AM

no only people who don;t know how to talis would OAO, Motav with or without potential have great mob beatdown if u use a certain tech and plus I don;t think it would be 1050k or shorter so easily.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 4, 2014, 01:43 AM
inb4 photon flare gets 90 sec duration and 500 T-ATK buff, also 500 T-ATK buff on advance. Photon Flare latent also gets buffed.

watch as Motav's prices goes skyrocketing. as well as the existence of Ice forces.

(can't hurt to dream)

gigawuts
Feb 4, 2014, 09:23 AM
inb4 photon flare gets 90 sec duration and 500 T-ATK buff, also 500 T-ATK buff on advance. Photon Flare latent also gets buffed.

watch as Motav's prices goes skyrocketing. as well as the existence of Ice forces.

(can't hurt to dream)

Nah, they'll give it the Guard Stance treatment.

They'll replace the bonus with like 20-40% extra damage per skill and nerf the hp penalty plus they'll add a damage bonus for enemies that die near you, but realize that's still trash. (They really really really should add a skill that increases duration tbh).

So then they'll also give it back the bonus tatk on top of all that!

Xaelouse
Feb 4, 2014, 09:45 AM
how to get 11*:
do the tower defense that's coming up right now

jooozek
Feb 4, 2014, 09:54 AM
even with 600% i get the feeling no 11* will drop for me today :evil:
edit: wtf my mpa has 10 gu and 2 br

WildarmsRE5
Feb 4, 2014, 09:59 AM
even with 600% i get the feeling no 11* will drop for me today :evil:you're not the only one. . . then again. . .

ChiffonFairchild
Feb 4, 2014, 11:04 AM
First time I ever used boosts on Falz I announced I'd get Kamui......I got Ely instead. That should have been the last time I boosted....basically don't want anything, use boosts when there is a good chance to get multiple drops, and shout about how much you despise SEGA's grinding and drop rate systems (Seriously this works for me :3). My best find so far is probably my Crushing Blow TMGs and I don't even remember picking them up.

Ciel~Homura
Feb 4, 2014, 11:23 AM
I came here to sign a retirement for this threat since ★11 is buyable this march ^^

No more whining about "Guld milla why u no drop" anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olP5KSQ7nro&feature=youtu.be

@ChiffonFairchild You got a terribly super awesome god-like luck ;o;

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 4, 2014, 11:23 AM
even with 600% i get the feeling no 11* will drop for me today

Pretty much what happened to me. My first run had rdr off of the random drink on top of the 100+250+everything else.

:evil: 666th post

gigawuts
Feb 4, 2014, 11:24 AM
350% boost for all 3 runs, no 11*, sega this game is shit i can't fucking believe this

Tenlade
Feb 4, 2014, 11:31 AM
i wonder if the drop boost even affects 11* weapons since they aren't normal enemy drops, which would make everyone dumping all thier drop boosts on tower kinda funny actually. (at least you still earn it back in 10* boosted drops)

Pugas87
Feb 4, 2014, 11:47 AM
Last TD I did (which I wasn't even going to do because I came in 15 minutes in) I do a run with my braver and get some 10stars nbd, then I manage to get another run before time is up. It's 1/12. I'm like great, no one will join and the EQ is going to end. But then 12/12 :D so I run it. I think to myself, I just made a FO because I got Elysion and Motav, wouldnt it be great to get Kamui? FO/FI (unfortunately none of my 11stars are all class) but still i could use them on each class, FI/HU is also an option for when I get sick of BR... and then I got Kamui :D

First time I got *found* something that I wanted. That is wild.

KuroNeko77
Feb 4, 2014, 12:21 PM
That last boosted TD was weird.

I also joined 15 min late and only managed to do one run. As the crystal broke I only saw one rare among the units and other junks...
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/LRtANeK.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

That's no Xerc, but I can't say i'm unhappy.

Zessica
Feb 4, 2014, 03:37 PM
Hiyaaaa!~ It's everyone's favorite Demon Queen lovable kind and generous person Zessica!

I couldn't help but hear about this thread from a servant of mine little birdie nearby!

I wanted too throw in my little two cents about the main topic. Heehee, And the answer is simple! The easiest way to get 11* Weapons is by playing the goddamn game and hope you get lucky playing the game and putting in your best effort to hunt down those legendary weapons! <333

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Before I got PSO2 someone, Somewhere told me that my Rare weapon hunting expertise wouldn't apply to this game. And for the most part THEY WERE RIGHT *Shock* *Gasp* However, That was only the beginning. I quickly found a way to get any rare weapon I wanted oh so desperately. And you want to know how I did it? I didn't use 250% rare boosters or any of that fancy schmancy doodads that everyone keeps mentioning. I simply looked up the weapon I wanted, and hunted the corresponding monster that dropped it. And you know what? I took awhile But I got whatever weapon I wanted within said week/day etc.

Cirnopedia provides excellent insight!

Maybe you should check it out sometime! http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/

<<<<<<<<<<3333333

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

So the obvious strategy here is to actually play the game and with much effort and a little bit of luck! You'll be finding those 11*'s in no time at all!

Anywho, Just a little piece of rather obvious advice from everyone's favorite celebrity.
I'll see each and every one of you later!

See you Starside! -Zessica

Zorafim
Feb 4, 2014, 03:38 PM
350% boost for all 3 runs, no 11*, sega this game is shit i can't fucking believe this

I dunno what drops rates are, which is annoying since that's how I think of things. But, each 11* drops 5000 times a week or so? With that 350% booster, you can assume it drops 17500 times a week.

pkemr4
Feb 4, 2014, 04:02 PM

welcome to my world.

Daiyousei
Feb 4, 2014, 04:03 PM
There must be some twisted luck god at work here, soon after I make a post in this thread I find two 11*s in the same TD EQ.

http://puu.sh/6Hlcq

gigawuts
Feb 4, 2014, 04:22 PM
I dunno what drops rates are, which is annoying since that's how I think of things. But, each 11* drops 5000 times a week or so? With that 350% booster, you can assume it drops 17500 times a week.

welcome to my world.

I was just joking.

Not finding an 11* with 350% boosts on a 250% boost run is like not finding one for 6 unboosted runs.

Which isn't entirely uncommon.

pkemr4
Feb 4, 2014, 04:26 PM
ive run several 250% boosted TD runs and have been showered in 10*'s but no 11*'s at all. wtf is up with this game >_>

gigawuts
Feb 4, 2014, 04:34 PM
Every single TD I run has either 300% or 350% boost. Well, except for the two where I forgot to get more 250% boosters. I run them pretty much every morning too, usually 3 runs lately.

Pugas87
Feb 4, 2014, 04:37 PM
ive run several 250% boosted TD runs and have been showered in 10*'s but no 11*'s at all. wtf is up with this game >_>

I got one of mine with 175% boost and another with no boost. Bigger is not always better.

Emp
Feb 4, 2014, 04:43 PM
The boosters are so minimal, you prolly wont notice much of an increase. Just make you're in an mpa that can S-RANK... and you'll have a solid chance for 11*

Macman
Feb 4, 2014, 05:42 PM
I'm not even set for 11* trading yet because all I have is a Kamui and Motav, and I intend to keep the Motav.

Can't really get a Guld Milla worth using unless I can get at least one more 11* to mulch into a pass. :-?

Dnd
Feb 4, 2014, 06:18 PM
I got one of mine with 175% boost and another with no boost. Bigger is not always better.

Bigger IS better for boosters, but sheer luck is the biggest deciding factor :\

btw-Niji
Feb 4, 2014, 06:27 PM
Just make you're in an mpa that can S-RANK... and you'll have a solid chance for 11*
Solid chance? Riiiiight...

HBK666
Feb 4, 2014, 06:42 PM

http://s0.uploads.im/kSa3e.gif

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 4, 2014, 06:53 PM
Just got the news that we'll be able to trade 11* weapons in March, ehh... well that's certainly good news, although inevitable.

Also, I will not be looking forward to the new 11*'s; hopefully I'll get one or not.

Oh yeah, like many others, I ran many TD's with over 350% rdr boosts, and scarcely found anything; all this time I only found 2 Niren Kamuis: one Light and one Dark; so I guess this game wants me to a Fighter or something....(currently HU/BR)?

Anyways, I'm absolutely astonished how some of you guys have inconceivably god-tier luck, getting 5-10+ 11*'s: just WOW!

Emp
Feb 4, 2014, 07:43 PM

I got my falz bow without any boosters. My team leader just got his 2nd 11* without boosters. Stop whining, its solid enough.

gigawuts
Feb 4, 2014, 07:49 PM
I got my falz bow without any boosters. My team leader just got his 2nd 11* without boosters. Stop whining, its solid enough.

Wow, two people. Seems solid to me.

btw-Niji
Feb 4, 2014, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I apologize. Because you and your friend got drop(s) must mean it's solid. That alone confirms it.

I shouldn't have doubted the no.1 gunner. Sorry master.

Emp
Feb 4, 2014, 07:51 PM
My point is... some on ppl here got a srs jealousy problem. Because someone has a pretty 11*, they think its ok to come on here and complain about the drop rates everyday. Totally oblivious to all the other good 10* in front of them.

Macman
Feb 4, 2014, 08:52 PM
*stares at 50 element Fleetmalinkas he's been using forever*
*stares at 23 element Hereticaly he found a month ago*

Yeah, I'm so well off. Still using a pyroxene here lol.

Dark Priest
Feb 4, 2014, 08:59 PM
My point is... some on ppl here got a srs jealousy problem. Because someone has a pretty 11*, they think its ok to come on here and complain about the drop rates everyday. Totally oblivious to all the other good 10* in front of them.

Since when did people need a reason to complain?

milranduil
Feb 4, 2014, 09:07 PM

Excuse me but I have every right to complain about drop rates for 11* stuff considering how many 250s/100s I've blown and still haven't gotten one yet. That doesn't mean I want to use them right now (though I would love a Kamui for FI), but when AQ 11*s roll around and I have all this meseta for weps I can't buy because I still don't have an 11* pass... yeah.

gigawuts
Feb 4, 2014, 09:16 PM
Excuse me but I have every right to complain about drop rates for 11* stuff considering how many 250s/100s I've blown and still haven't gotten one yet. That doesn't mean I want to use them right now (though I would love a Kamui for FI), but when AQ 11*s roll around and I have all this meseta for weps I can't buy because I still don't have an 11* pass... yeah.

Yeah, it's complete shit.

I may joke about being smug with my 8 11*s but it honestly pisses me off more than if I had zero. I have all of this fall into my lap because of my skill? No. My section ID, meaning other players find more of other things? No. My play time? Not directly, no. That and my ability to play the game competently - meaning better success rate, completion speed, etc. - help, but they aren't why.

I have them because PSO2 is a series of roulette wheels and I won a few bets on 31 while other people can't even win once by playing red a dozen times in a row.

pkemr4
Feb 4, 2014, 09:21 PM
maybe when ultimate difficulty comes around maybe i will get a better chance for 11*'s from TD

Tenlade
Feb 4, 2014, 09:23 PM
I've gotten 2 falclaws, 3 motav prophecies, 1 twin kamui, and 1 flame visit, and I hate it.

I am a techer, I almost always play only techer, I want elysion. I have gotten exactly 0 of those. Its like some cruel joke.

and my premium expires this month, so I have to shell out another 20+ dollars if i want to trade one of those for an Elysion in March.

I've gotten multiple comments about how i should be grateful for the luck I have, and I dont want any of it, id gladly hand this stuff out to anyone If I got the one weapon I actually want to use.

milranduil
maybe when ultimate difficulty comes around maybe i will get a better chance for 11*'s from TD

Guess what I got spamming FC all day yesterday? Crys Calibur and Launcher Legacy, each for the first time. What are they worth? 100k-150k :wacko: thx sakai!

I've gotten 2 falclaws, 3 motav prophecies, 1 twin kamui, and 1 flame visit.

I am a techer, I almost always play only techer, I want elysion. I have gotten exactly 0 of those. Its like some cruel joke.

and my premium expires this month, so I have to shell out another 20+ dollars if i want to trade one of those for an elysion in march.

At least you can.

gigawuts
Ha ha ha, who'll care about TD? We'll all be doing SXJXHFDFH (very long quest name) and finding 13*s while you scrubs are still using welfare 12*s.

You think I'm joking, don't you?

Tenlade
Feb 4, 2014, 09:30 PM
At least you can.

Yeah, I hear this every time. I would literally be throwing these spare motovs to people if I can, I hate that i have them and the moment shop goes up I'm putting most of these up for dirt cheap prices so that anyone who wants them can have them.

I hope sega isn't a complete dick and lets people trade in XQ stone 11*s for passes, so that people with no luck at least have some way to get something.

milranduil
Feb 4, 2014, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I hear this every time. I would literally be throwing these spare motovs to people if I can, I hate that i have them and the moment shop goes up I'm putting most of these up for dirt cheap prices so that anyone who wants them can have them.

I hope sega isn't a complete dick and lets people trade in XQ stone 11*s for passes, so that people with no luck at least have some way to get something.

XQ 11*s will likely be no different than AQ 10*s a.k.a. no passes. We can probably get 2x Excube/Spheres though :wacko:

Macman
Feb 4, 2014, 10:28 PM
I've gotten 2 falclaws, 3 motav prophecies, 1 twin kamui, and 1 flame visit, and I hate it.

Why do you even care? You have the stone shop 11* wand...

kisamehosh/C
Feb 4, 2014, 10:44 PM

and 6 other 11*'s that you can sell in a month ;> _ > just buy one.

milranduil
Feb 4, 2014, 10:49 PM

XQ wand sucks compared to Elysion for Techer DPS. XQ wand is purely for mobbing and charged techs.

AlphawingEX
Feb 4, 2014, 10:58 PM

I have the XQ wand and I can tell you that having Elysion is VERY useful. Techers have no burst damage whatsoever and having an Elysion fixes that problem to an extent. Pulling off 40k+ with uncharged Namegid INSTANTLY is worse than a charged 70k Namegid? Or Pulling off a 3k uncharged Sazans INSTANTLY BACK TO BACK, is worse than 4k charged Sazans? I think not. Let's also not forget that the XQ wand and Elysion have a 20 T-Atk/S-atk difference, so the XQ wand only shows it's true potential during Time Attacks and Sunny weather. In any other situtation besides charged Techs, Elysion is great. Not all XQ weapons are better than their Falz/TD counterpart.

Arksenth
Feb 4, 2014, 11:52 PM
XQ wand sucks compared to Elysion for Techer DPS. XQ wand is purely for mobbing and charged techs.

wat

Do you like even play Techer.

My TE/FI's Elysion is out like 95% of the time because it fills TE's much needed role in tech DPS on single targets and long range targets while still being a perfectly acceptable melee wand (if only because wand gear is too stronk k).

It's not like anyone really cares about charging gear since Wand Lovers anyway.

Maybe comment on classes you actually barely understand the basics of?

milranduil
Feb 5, 2014, 12:01 AM
wat

Do you like even play Techer.

My TE/FI's Elysion is out like 95% of the time because it fills TE's much needed role in tech DPS on single targets and long range targets while still being a perfectly acceptable melee wand (if only because wand gear is too stronk k).

It's not like anyone really cares about charging gear since Wand Lovers anyway.

Maybe comment on classes you actually barely understand the basics of?

I said DPS as in bosses, single targets, etc. Perhaps I should have clarified that bit. But I DID say XQ is a better mobbing wand (I didn't say Elysion is bad at it, just that XQ is better).

Arksenth
Feb 5, 2014, 12:11 AM
No, Elysion is way better of a mobbing wand than the XQ wand ever is. Because Wand Gear damage is so multiplicative, you don't need the extra omph the XQ wand has to demolish a zondeeled spawn - even when you factor in full element and then the latent kicking in. Heck, even a TE/FO's wand gear could demolish a zondeel - I've tried this before, and it was actually way better than tossing around tech AoEs even.

So really, the only major factor that it comes down to is taking down isolated targets or heavies when you're mobbing. And considering the stats are almost on par, it's between either like an erratic chance of increasing your damage by a marginal amount if the weather is sunny, or being able to launch a barrage of sazans to stack up dozens of thousands of damage within seconds. I think it's kind of obvious how that scale tilts..?

milranduil
Feb 5, 2014, 12:19 AM
No, Elysion is way better of a mobbing wand than the XQ wand ever is. Because Wand Gear damage is so multiplicative, you don't need the extra omph the XQ wand has to demolish a zondeeled spawn - even when you factor in full element and then the latent kicking in. Heck, even a TE/FO's wand gear could demolish a zondeel - I've tried this before, and it was actually way better than tossing around tech AoEs even.

So really, the only major factor that it comes down to is taking down isolated targets or heavies when you're mobbing. And considering the stats are almost on par, it's between either like an erratic chance of increasing your damage by a marginal amount if the weather is sunny, or being able to launch a barrage of sazans to stack up dozens of thousands of damage within seconds. I think it's kind of obvious how that scale tilts..?

Wand gear is actually a power law (exponential). The damage increases by the square of the number of enemies. 1 enemy for 100 -> 100 total, 2 enemies for 100 -> 400 total, 3 enemies for 100 -> 900 total, etc. You're actually contradicting yourself by the way saying that the extra oomph doesn't matter when in fact every bit CAN help towards reducing number of hits to kill a given group of mobs largely depending on number. 12% increased damage when factoring in a power law increase with respect to # of enemies is ENORMOUS. Hardly what I would call marginal. Switching weapons is instant so it's not exactly difficult to go from XQ wand to kill a group of mobs then switch to Elysion for Sazan/Namegid spam or vice versa.

Arksenth
Feb 5, 2014, 12:22 AM
mobs dont have infinite hp honey

they die regardless if youre pumping out 100k damage or 112k damage

aaaaaaah

going away now because sanity

milranduil
Feb 5, 2014, 12:23 AM
mobs dont have infinite hp honey

they die regardless if youre pumping out 100k damage or 112k damage

aaaaaaah

going away now because sanity

Assuming a large enough group of enemies, sure but that 12% can mean everything between N or N+1 hits. Or you can just not care because you don't TA. Some people care, you know.

EDIT: There really is no need to go spouting implicitly derogatory names (honey). If you haven't an answer for your contradiction, then just leave it be.

Tenlade
Feb 5, 2014, 10:37 AM

Being able to fire off uncharged techs without having to worry about wand gear is pretty game changing from what I've heard and seen so far.

But to be honest, its always been my favorite weapon looks-wise since pso1. I'll most likely keep the kamui too since they were my favorite daggers in pso1 as well.

TaigaUC
Feb 5, 2014, 10:39 AM
It sounds massively game-changing from everything I've heard.
I'll probably continue to barely use my casters, until I get an Elysion.

gigawuts
Feb 5, 2014, 11:06 AM
Yeah, the elysion + wand lovers update pretty much makes techer right now for many of us that have it. It's a very fun combination, I love it to bits. Unfortunately, it's still a complete tossup if you'll get it or not.

TaigaUC
Feb 5, 2014, 11:19 AM
This game is a complete tossup.

pkemr4
Feb 5, 2014, 12:01 PM
Elysion wrecks boss's as much as it can with mobs

Gardios
Feb 5, 2014, 12:17 PM
I feel like Elysion is the only 11*+ weapon where whining about not getting one is justified because it's the only weapon that can change your playstyle so drastically.

Pugas87
Feb 5, 2014, 12:48 PM
I don't know. I feel if you (and I mean you in the general sense) get a weapon that you say you'll never use because you're a braver and not a force, changing to a force to take advantage of said weapon can drastically change your play style. In that regard, any weapon not in your class can be an opportunity instead of something to whine about. Of course I do understand when the whining involves getting something you specifically want. I could whine about susano guren or sange all day. It's sometimes a good way to blow off steam but it can also get counter productive. I tried force because I got a force drop and I'm loving it. But hey if that doesn't work for you, that's understandable.

Tenlade
Feb 5, 2014, 12:58 PM
I'd consider it a new opportunity if we didn't have to pay for mags or new characters in order to actually use other play styles.