PDA

View Full Version : IP?!

lol1211211
Jan 30, 2014, 01:35 AM
Ok so I've been playing for a while now and I haven't done anything about my ip thing well my questions is how can I make this so I can't get ban and how could the they put my ip to my account:-?:D oh I also use the English patch so you can also tell me about that to thanks :)

WildarmsRE5
Jan 30, 2014, 01:52 AM
pretty much bad english that I have to re-read this 5 times xD

anyways, you can't get banned for using the english patch. the english patch is client side and thus, they have no means of tracking you down to ban you.

and I think SEGA is aware of foreigners in game. the only way you could get banned is doing the much more Illegal/bad things like, hacking the game, being REALLY disturbing in the lobby.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 30, 2014, 02:27 AM
pretty much bad english that I have to re-read this 5 times xD

anyways, you can't get banned for using the english patch. the english patch is client side and thus, they have no means of tracking you down to ban you.

and I think SEGA is aware of foreigners in game. the only way you could get banned is doing the much more Illegal/bad things like, hacking the game, being REALLY disturbing in the lobby.

Pretty much this.

Everything gaijin do is against ToS.

There is a system in place that recognizes a change in login IP patterns, but it doesn't seem to be used for anything besides account security, instead of gaijin hunting.

Also, I believe in the notion that SEGA has the means to enforce their ToS, but it's a waste of time, and resources to root out random paying foreign players not making trouble, and ultimately hurts SEGA more than it helps the JP pso community.

tl;dr: OP, just don't make an ass out of yourself. Sega has nothing to gain from banning people playing outside of japan that aren't toxic to the community. They'd lose alot of potential profits if they did.

Asellus
Jan 30, 2014, 04:09 AM
Fuckers get to much of my money so banning me would hurt them, yup, so I'm safe. That's my reasoning. :-P

Kion
Jan 30, 2014, 07:42 AM
I think SEGA is aware of foreigners in game.

That would really surprise me given their company logo.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z88/kion_01/sega_zps8df60593.jpg

So far only China has been banned. Everyone else has yet to feel the wrath of the ban hammer. Even if the do start banning it wouldn't be to hard to set up some Japan-based VPN's for western players to play on.