PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 no longer running on XP?

EvilMag
Jan 30, 2014, 02:01 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=2999

Well then.

pkemr4
Jan 30, 2014, 02:02 PM
its 2014 and people are using windows XP?

jooozek
Jan 30, 2014, 02:04 PM
it's not about running or not, it's just, they won't give a fuck after the official microsoft support for XP dies off which is april 2014; game will prolly work just like it works now, can't really see them fucking it over so it would stop working

The Walrus
Jan 30, 2014, 02:05 PM
This is the same company who made a launcher that deleted files from another game. It wouldn't surprise me if they fucked it up.

btw-Niji
Jan 30, 2014, 02:54 PM
To be honest, there's no real reason why you should still be using Windows XP in 2014 so I can understand why they aren't willing to support it anymore.

Just upgrade to 7. (or 8... although I heard from people that OS sucks; I never used it, though.)

HBK666
Jan 30, 2014, 02:59 PM
Some people can't afford anything better than XP. Sucks for them.

pkemr4
Jan 30, 2014, 03:08 PM
they can always crack windows 7 if there desperate

Emp
Jan 30, 2014, 03:33 PM
Personally I would love to run to xp. Newer Microsoft operating systems have so much overhead which bogs down the system.

Kondibon
Jan 30, 2014, 03:48 PM
Personally I would love to run to xp. Newer Microsoft operating systems have so much overhead which bogs down the system.This is the main reason I've been putting off upgrading for so long. I need to upgrade my whole computer if I want to use windows 7 smoothly.

jooozek
Jan 30, 2014, 03:57 PM
i've upgraded from xp to w7 in february 2013 and my specs are pretty low-end (3GB of DDR2 ram, Phenom II X545 at stock clocks on AM2+ socket and radeon hd4650 low profile) and once i turn aero off when playing, games run roughly the same as they ran on XP, what i gained though was system stability and much better responsiveness
it's really worth trying out, it might run slow at first before you get all the updates for windows (it will hog the drive/cpu for the time it does that, at least it did for me) but after that you get top notch experience

Kondibon
Jan 30, 2014, 04:00 PM
i've upgraded from xp to w7 in february 2013 and my specs are pretty low-end (3GB of DDR2 ram, Phenom II X545 at stock clocks on AM2+ socket and radeon hd4650 low profile) and once i turn aero off when playing, games run roughly the same as they ran on XP, what i gained though was system stability and much better responsiveness
it's really worth trying out, it might run slow at first before you get all the updates for windows (it will hog the drive/cpu for the time it does that, at least it did for me) but after that you get top notch experience

I actually decided to buckle down and install it on my old hard drive since I never use the damn thing anyway. Worse case scenario I can just switch back.

btw-Niji
Jan 30, 2014, 04:04 PM
Some people can't afford anything better than XP. Sucks for them.
Lol well, if the sole reason you aren't upgrading is because you can't afford it then all I have to say is... get a job.

ThePendragon
Jan 30, 2014, 04:23 PM

Windows 8.1 system requirements are actually lower than Windows 7. Runs much better.

gigawuts
Jan 30, 2014, 04:24 PM
Lol well, if the sole reason you aren't upgrading is because you can't afford it then all I have to say is... get a job.

Aaah, youth. How I miss this naivete.

jooozek
Jan 30, 2014, 04:32 PM
Windows 8.1 system requirements are actually lower than Windows 8. Runs much better.
personally i don't care about system requirements, but i care about being able to disable aero and that w8 doesn't offer (well, disabling the gpu rendering of the interface to be precise which in W7 is attached to disabling aero themes)

Emp
Jan 30, 2014, 05:15 PM

or just learn how to find legit/cracked software(or get a friend that knows how). Tis what I do. I never pay for my shit.

HBK666
Jan 30, 2014, 06:23 PM

Go tell that to people in brazil who have to pay 2-3x the price that we do here in america. So i understand why they wouldn't bother with it.:-D

Edson Drake
Jan 30, 2014, 07:21 PM
Sucks for XP users, but really, you're only gaining by making the upgrade.

The XP was a wonderful OS: it was finally an stable OS, one that didn't BSOD for every little mistake(like opening the CD tray while running, looking at you Win98 ). Windows 7 is even better. It does a far better job at handling your PC resources than XP as well.

But yeah, it's a sticky situation if you can't afford a new computer for Windows 7(or 8.1). I've been there, but trust me, once you manage to do it, you'll enjoy a much better experience overall.

Yukito-San
Jan 30, 2014, 07:22 PM
*Cought Cought* Windows Loader *Cought Cought* The Pirate Bay *Cought Cought* and having fun. I just hope Sega will support more android device for PSO2es, if they don't make it compatible, i will spoofer my Tenderloin and Skyrocket into a Nexus 5 and 7 and pls support cyanogenmod and root for my android system. My tenderloin was a miracle to support android when it was not by default but a shipping error from HP. wwwwwwwww

BIG OLAF
Jan 30, 2014, 07:26 PM
i will spoofer my Tenderloin

...can I watch?

btw-Niji
Jan 30, 2014, 07:27 PM
Go tell that to people in brazil who have to pay 2-3x the price that we do here in america. So i understand why they wouldn't bother with it.:-D
Yeah, those prices suck for your boys (couto, etc). :-?

Yukito-San
Jan 30, 2014, 07:29 PM
What i means by spoofing : Make google play think my Tenderloin (HP Touchpad) is a simple Nexus 7 in Japan.

HBK666
Jan 30, 2014, 07:33 PM
Yeah, those prices suck for your boys (couto, etc). :-?

Nah not Couto he is about to be rich soon lmfao

Psycl0ne
Jan 30, 2014, 07:39 PM
personally i don't care about system requirements, but i care about being able to disable aero and that w8 doesn't offer (well, disabling the gpu rendering of the interface to be precise which in W7 is attached to disabling aero themes)

I disabled Aero on my W8, in fact I disabled a lot of other useless stuff and it runs fast!

btw-Niji
Jan 30, 2014, 07:42 PM
Nah not Couto he is about to be rich soon lmfao
Good, maybe he can afford AC for ship transfer. :wacko:

moeri
Jan 30, 2014, 09:02 PM
hmm, kinda sad actually...

I personally I like Windows XP, but if I could I would go all the way back to windows 2000. That was definitely the best Windows OS ever.

Emp
Jan 30, 2014, 09:12 PM
What does Aero do exactly? I forgot o.o

Yukito-San
Jan 30, 2014, 09:47 PM
What does Aero do exactly? I forgot o.o

It simply a theme with more value for putting color, transparency, preview effect, etc. And it eat almost all the GPU for the slow computer. ^^

jooozek
Jan 31, 2014, 04:22 AM
I disabled Aero on my W8, in fact I disabled a lot of other useless stuff and it runs fast!
if you have dwm.exe running in your processes, gpu rendering is still on (which i'm 100% sure you have)

Taryn123
Feb 4, 2014, 09:19 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/

Windows XP Support Ends April 4th, 2014

Microsoft is shutting down support for Windows XP on April 4th, 2014. In accordance with this event, Phantasy Star Online 2 will also terminate support for Windows XP on the same date.

Would i need to switch to Windows 7 then?

TakuBeardedOne
Feb 4, 2014, 09:44 PM
Itīs possible to play it, but you have to know that Microsoft wonīt support it any longer. You have an old OS and it will be open for viruses, trojans and this stuff.

Wait for the patch and see if the game works. if not there will be a solution ;-)

Taryn123
Feb 4, 2014, 10:16 PM
Alright, thanks.

TaigaUC
Feb 5, 2014, 04:32 AM
So many early posts already cover my exact feelings:

it's not about running or not, it's just, they won't give a fuck after the official microsoft support for XP dies off which is april 2014; game will prolly work just like it works now, can't really see them fucking it over so it would stop working

This is the same company who made a launcher that deleted files from another game. It wouldn't surprise me if they fucked it up.

Personally I would love to run to xp. Newer Microsoft operating systems have so much overhead which bogs down the system.

I upgraded to Windows 7 a year ago and still hate it.
They changed or removed a lot of basic functionality, to the point that simple tasks are either impossible or take much longer to accomplish.
I spent a long time installing modifications to make Windows 7 run better.
There are still lots of annoying simple issues that drive me nuts.
File sorting constantly changing itself against my configured settings, for example. Was never a problem in 98 or XP.

I'd have stayed on XP if it supported newer hardware.
Same with when I upgraded from 98 to XP. I don't care about fancy visuals.
I just want to be able to do what I want, without sacrificing effiency and functionality.
All operating systems should fundamentally follow those guidelines.

Anyway, I'd like to remind people that some games already don't officially support XP or 32-bit system but still run with minor or even no modifications.

TaigaUC
Feb 5, 2014, 07:08 AM
It's a common problem that when something gets updated, they always add a lot of pointless shit.
It forgets its original purpose, stops being good at what it specializes at, and tries to be good at everything.
In other words, it becomes bloatware.

Why? Because everyone's a greedy shit.
They always try to expand into other markets.

TakuBeardedOne
Feb 5, 2014, 08:06 AM
I donīt get why you guys hate Windows 7. Itīs not a bad system and works really good. I mean Windows XP is 13 years old!! Why would someone use a system this old? I mean Windows Vista is bad and Windows 8 too, but Windows 7 is a great and stable OS.

edit: If you want an old sstem, then you can change to Windows 98 or even better Windows ME *sarcasm*

TaigaUC
Feb 5, 2014, 08:47 AM
You don't get it because you obviously don't extensively use PCs for work.
Windows 7 is way better than Vista and 8, but it's still not as efficient as XP or 98.
You can't change to 98 or ME because they don't support new hardware.

This is just another example of people assuming that if they don't have a problem then nobody else can possibly have a problem.
Humanity won't be going anywhere until they can grow out of such simplistic and immature social mentality issues.

TakuBeardedOne
Feb 5, 2014, 08:52 AM
Actually I work with Windows 7. I am programming a game with friends of me and Iīm using my computer with Sony Vegas and Adobe Creative Cloud.

BTW. i think itīs stupid to hate a OS just because you donīt know how to use it. Windows 7 made many things better than XP (UAC, 64-Bit, Super Fetch and Bit Locker)

If you have problems with your computer and think itīs windows 7. I learned in my education to search the problem in front of the computer.

Gama
Feb 5, 2014, 09:32 AM
i think 7 and 8.1 are pretty much on the same stage, theyre just different.

pkemr4
Feb 5, 2014, 11:43 AM
because disabling aero is to fucking hard. also when its turned on and off its a mere 200 point diferent in the benchmark.

Gama
Feb 5, 2014, 12:44 PM
the impact of aero depends on the system.

i usually use the basic theme on windows 8 altho i dont need to.

and have most visual effecs tof since they anoy me. "oh wait a bit more for the prety animation derp"