PDA

View Full Version : Sega, why you hate on male characters?!

CanaanAzure
Jan 31, 2014, 02:56 AM
I dont know if anyone else has noticed this, or just put any thought into this
But it depresses me...
How come all the female characters get all these nice outfits and get like 5 at a time
and male characters get like one, maybe 2 at max and half the time they're not nearly as nice looking as the female's.
Forgive me for my ranting and raging about this but I just... hnnngh...

What do you guys think?

Cyron Tanryoku
Jan 31, 2014, 02:58 AM
you're a year late

no one gets good outfits now

CanaanAzure
Jan 31, 2014, 03:01 AM
I think that the most recent ones weren't that bad.
And I really liked the winter coat ones.
But most in general... I just dont get it :/
I end up liking the female outfits a lot more than the males (more of a choice anyways) but I just dont want to play female XD

strikerhunter
Jan 31, 2014, 03:06 AM
Because most players are playing girl character so awkwardly Sega makes more female outfits, the end.
Females are easier to play around with fashion as it's closer to a feminine trait whereas the ideal male characters in most games would be the common buff up guy but never appealing most of the time.

GALEFORCE
Jan 31, 2014, 03:09 AM
Women always have better fashion choices.

Fact.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 31, 2014, 03:20 AM
But it depresses me...
How come all the female characters get all these nice outfits and get like 5 at a time
and male characters get like one, maybe 2 at max and half the time they're not nearly as nice looking as the female's.

What do you guys think?

It's not where the money is for Sega.

Honestly, I'm just happy they're porting male outfits to female so I can have some outfits that actually look like they're combat ready.

Not like we're fighting a war against murderous Xenoforms or anything. Nope. Not at all. Just at the park with some tea and sandwiches.

Coatl
Jan 31, 2014, 03:30 AM
Some tea and sandwiches and kawaii darkers.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 31, 2014, 03:37 AM
But it depresses me...

What do you guys think?

Make a female character that is taller than 5'5 and you'll be surprised at how few choices of outfits that aren't out of place you have.

I might be picky, but most scratches are letdowns because female costumes have a tendency to:

Have bad footwear/space clogs (still sour about Raid Sfida).
Be another yukata, kimono, shrine maiden attire, etc.
Biggest annoyance right here; Be appealing on smaller framed girls (Cutie flower? Angel perfume? I'd list more, but I shouldn't have to.)

Look at the poster girl humanF for pspo2.
Then look at the new poster girl humanF for pspo2i.
Bit of an example of what I fear their costume designers have in mind.

ZER0 DX
Jan 31, 2014, 03:39 AM
On the bright side it means we only have to drop 200k meseta every couple months when we finally do get something worth wearing rather than a couple mil every other week. :wacko:

Still holding out hope for Natsume Replica or PSZ FOmar outfits one of these days. I must sound like a broken record by now.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 31, 2014, 03:49 AM
On the bright side it means we only have to drop 200k meseta every couple months when we finally do get something worth wearing rather than a couple mil every other week. :wacko:

Anyone with my taste in female outfits go through the same thing.

BennyAu
Jan 31, 2014, 04:05 AM
I haven't been playing for too long but I guess your right, most outfits for males aren't exactly great to look at. Right now I'm wearing the Judgement Coat which is pretty cool-looking imo, and it gives me a robotic arm!

loool
Jan 31, 2014, 04:09 AM
Most of the female costume are for Loli character... :(

UnLucky
Jan 31, 2014, 04:14 AM
Honestly, I'm just happy they're porting male outfits to female so I can have some outfits that actually look like they're combat ready.

Not like we're fighting a war against murderous Xenoforms or anything. Nope. Not at all. Just at the park with some tea and sandwiches.
With how the game works, it's actually very appropriate to wear frilly underwear while everything melts around you from insurmountable force.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 31, 2014, 04:25 AM
With how the game works, it's actually very appropriate to wear frilly underwear while everything melts around you from insurmountable force.

Ahahahahahaha.

Screw that.

Aeris
Jan 31, 2014, 04:29 AM
Still holding out hope for Natsume Replica or PSZ FOmar outfits one of these days. I must sound like a broken record by now.

Still waiting for PSZ outfits as well. did see some pictures on the uploader about some PSZ weapons and outfits though.

BlueCast Boy
Jan 31, 2014, 05:10 AM
Games needs more Hip hop theme costume...too many high heels on female outfits thou i don;t want to look taller.

Sacrificial
Jan 31, 2014, 05:24 AM
Male Casts----> 1 new set a month. That is including the chance for a CV type.

FacelessRed
Jan 31, 2014, 05:38 AM
It's the same issue as girls look good in jeans, while guys don't look good in skirts. Our culture has gone in such a direction and we have no way around it.

The solution would be to make more Male centric costumes that are within the general gender acceptable role (Sucks but its true). This would be to make more Armor type costumes (the default huMAR costume is pretty good IMO, especially for a default costume) all they need to do iis make more tech-armor and traditional armor type costumes for male and you will see more and better costumes. They're too focused on pop-idol type costumes which again for males is limited.

You don't see a shortage of male costumes in traditional medieval MMO's. Because you can take the basic design and go nuts from there. They just need to do that here.

Well I've reiterated my point enough times I think.

TaigaUC
Jan 31, 2014, 05:53 AM

Fact.

This. It's the same in reality.

Anyway, almost all of PSO2's recent outfits are boring and uninspired. Or recolors.

Yeah, and it doesn't matter what you're wearing when almost every hit is fatal now.
Might as well meet your maker in style.

You don't see a shortage of male costumes in traditional medieval MMO's. Because you can take the basic design and go nuts from there.

Isn't that more a matter of context?
There are lots of different ways to make nice armor.
Not as many for casual male clothing, methinks.

Well, SEGA has been pretty lacking in Cast parts, and there isn't much restricting them in terms of mechanical body part design.
They're just lazy as shit. It took months of people nagging them on live broadcast to get them to make new parts.
It's really obvious that they don't want to spend money making new content unless they feel they really have to.

Vintasticvin
Jan 31, 2014, 07:03 AM
Still waiting for PSZ outfits as well. did see some pictures on the uploader about some PSZ weapons and outfits though.

LE GASP! My HUcaseal replica is not wishful thinking like waiting for "International" servers coming online?!

BIG OLAF
Jan 31, 2014, 07:10 AM

Fact.

Considering 'fashion' is an industry geared towards females 99/100 times (in any medium, physical or digital), no shit. More options are made for them. It's a modern societal norm for them to have more fashion choices. So, no shit.

Make a female character that is taller than 5'5 and you'll be surprised at how few choices of outfits that aren't out of place you have.

I might be picky, but most scratches are letdowns because female costumes have a tendency to:

Have bad footwear/space clogs (still sour about Raid Sfida).
Be another yukata, kimono, shrine maiden attire, etc.
Biggest annoyance right here; Be appealing on smaller framed girls (Cutie flower? Angel perfume? I'd list more, but I shouldn't have to.)

Most of the female costume are for Loli character... :(

Yup, this is more or less the massive problem. Most outfits are geared towards 12-year-olds in design, and just look plain awkward on a female of average (or taller) stature.

Lostbob117
Jan 31, 2014, 07:11 AM
SEGA is clearly racist to robots and males.

Gardios
Jan 31, 2014, 07:21 AM
Still waiting for actual beards. I've already given up on short-length haircuts. :|

Inazuma
Jan 31, 2014, 11:00 AM
Sega makes too many male outfits as it is. No one uses male characters.

Some of you are forgetting that PSO2 is a Japanese game, made by the Japanese, for the Japanese, and the majority of players are Japanese. It's rare for Japanese players to pick a male character. Japanese players prefer a character who looks good to them, in other words, female characters.

Compare that with western gamers who are all about being manly. Many are afraid to play as a cute girl because that would make them gay, apparently. And being gay is a bad thing, so we can't have that. Better play as the big strong manly man. Madden Football, Call of Duty, etc. Western games are generally all about being the manliest man you can be, because if you prefer cute girls, you're a fag.

Aussei
Jan 31, 2014, 11:04 AM
Look at the outfits they chose as winners for the design contest. Cute as fuck female outfit. Ugly as hell male outfit. The end.

Oh btw THIS IS MY OPINION.

Lostbob117
Jan 31, 2014, 11:05 AM
Sega makes too many male outfits as it is. No one uses male characters.

Some of you are forgetting that PSO2 is a Japanese game, made by the Japanese, for the Japanese, and the majority of players are Japanese. It's rare for Japanese players to pick a male character. Japanese players prefer a character who looks good to them, in other words, female characters.

Compare that with western gamers who are all about being manly. Many are afraid to play as a cute girl because that would make them gay, apparently. And being gay is a bad thing, so we can't have that. Better play as the big strong manly man. Madden Football, Call of Duty, etc. Western games are generally all about being the manliest man you can be, because if you prefer cute girls, you're a fag.

What are you talking about? Phantasy Star games has always been about making a cool looking character. I think you are having delusions and probably don't know what you're talking about.

MetalDude
Jan 31, 2014, 11:08 AM
Man, I don't care if we only got a male outfit every month or two. Just at least try to make them less horrible than they currently are.

And seconding Olaf's comment on most female outfits being really awkward for taller characters. I haven't switched my female character off Selvaria in months since I first got it. The scaling on a lot of outfits make her look pregnant.

pkemr4
Jan 31, 2014, 11:14 AM
it took pso2, to get me into playing female chars for mmos from now on.

KatsuraJun
Jan 31, 2014, 12:51 PM
What are you talking about? Phantasy Star games has always been about making a cool looking character. I think you are having delusions and probably don't know what you're talking about.

yeah that's why 72% of the characters in the game are female.

and why people make skin colored zelsiuses and run around in wet see-through bath towels and bikinis.

and why even half the "normal" outfits are sexual too (low cut thong Crazy Kitten, Valgiris, Eretique Reine is practically a bondage outfit, etc)

on topic though, *dumps all my meseta on my loli and loli robit so none of these problems apply to me*

this is one of the few things you honestly can't blame sega for, if everyone actually made male characters I'm sure there'd be more of an incentive to make male costumes.

but they don't.

they're all disgusting lolicons (like me).

Freshellent
Jan 31, 2014, 12:53 PM
Dunno what you guys are talking about, I look good on all of my characters. Not my fault males always wear black and red and all want trench coats.

It could also do with the fact that males play girls anyway when there IS choice in games. Unless you count self inserts.

I'm fairly content with most of the CAST parts. Even CASEAL has some awesome options these days. I actually feel bad for fleshies in general because you have almost no options when it comes to variety. But it's a trade off in the end.

KatsuraJun
Jan 31, 2014, 12:55 PM
I'm fairly content with most of the CAST parts. Even CASEAL has some awesome options these days. I actually feel bad for fleshies in general because you have almost no options when it comes to variety. But it's a trade off in the end.

yeah I honestly kinda wish I made my human (which I invested way more money into) a cast.

cast parts cool. also the floaty walk/glide animation awesome.

female human clothes pretty shit aside from Edel Serin and Heart Breaker imo. If I had known you could use sp. costumes on casts it wouldn't have even been a contest back then .-.

race change tickets where sega. I've fucking resorted to using the jaeger bid unit and zelsius headgear to try to make my fleshy look like a cast damnit.

Emp
Jan 31, 2014, 01:09 PM
All clothes are pretty bad in the game, but there no reason to hate on male characters. I personally love how cheap males are for fashion.

Anything Arks related, yukatas, swimsuits are ok. They accentuate the female body and arent cutsy.

SakoHaruo
Jan 31, 2014, 01:17 PM
^ I agree with Prez o3o

ZER0 DX
Jan 31, 2014, 01:31 PM
Seriously WHEN Sega? Give me my outfit (and weapon) back.
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o30/ZER0_DX/psu20120516_214452_003.png

Lostbob117
Jan 31, 2014, 03:21 PM
yeah that's why 72% of the characters in the game are female.

and why people make skin colored zelsiuses and run around in wet see-through bath towels and bikinis.

and why even half the "normal" outfits are sexual too (low cut thong Crazy Kitten, Valgiris, Eretique Reine is practically a bondage outfit, etc)

on topic though, *dumps all my meseta on my loli and loli robit so none of these problems apply to me*

this is one of the few things you honestly can't blame sega for, if everyone actually made male characters I'm sure there'd be more of an incentive to make male costumes.

but they don't.

they're all disgusting lolicons (like me).
Can you link me evidence of this number? Also, not everyone wears bath towels. Also girls being sexual is normal nowadays in video games, even in American games. Example: League of Legends

Gardios
Jan 31, 2014, 03:31 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/event/1st_anniversary/report/

LoL is a bad example because the overly sexy female characters are justified for the most part.

Lostbob117
Jan 31, 2014, 03:39 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/event/1st_anniversary/report/

LoL is a bad example because the overly sexy female characters are justified for the most part.

Now, is that data up to date?

Gardios
Jan 31, 2014, 03:47 PM
SEGA's (lack of) effort directly tailored towards male characters should tell you that yes, the data is still relevant.

Kikikiki
Jan 31, 2014, 04:01 PM
I doubt PSO2's population increased that much in one year to call the data irrelevant anyway.

KatsuraJun
Jan 31, 2014, 04:02 PM
even if it wasn't relevant, it's more evidence - out of date, anecdotal, or circumstantial - than you've offered that the majority of the japanese playerbase play this game to make their characters look like badasses.

league is also a poor example because the game isn't played as a glorified dress up game by a large portion of its population.

gigawuts
Jan 31, 2014, 04:36 PM
PSO1: make badasses in your revolutionary online ARPG, or a maid or a whore or a housewife

PSO2: a softcore hentai game with an action minigame in some of the maps

Sanguine2009
Jan 31, 2014, 04:50 PM
i just want a long hair version of that short hair style that covers both eyes until then i'm gonna rock my hair knives

Zyrusticae
Jan 31, 2014, 04:50 PM
Yup, this is more or less the massive problem. Most outfits are geared towards 12-year-olds in design, and just look plain awkward on a female of average (or taller) stature.
It's not even just the size of the character, but anything that ISN'T a feminine cutey girly-girl kawaii deshou ne does NOT fit with 4/5 of the outfits in the game. And the ones that DO fit such characters tend to have annoying quirks (like the clogs on Calrassetic). Teranu is short as hell but that doesn't help most of the outfits in the game fit her any better.

The most annoying thing in my eyes is the fact that they see the game's sci-fantasy setting as an excuse to do things that are completely impossible or impractical IRL, no matter how aesthetically displeasing it may be. Ridiculous.

I assume you mean justified by the demographics, because characters like Sona or Morgana don't really have much in the way of story justification for their portrayals.

Also boob plate. Boob plate everywhere.

Walkure
Jan 31, 2014, 05:10 PM
As far as I remember, a dev actually stated that feminine/masculine features had to be over-exaggerated in League of Legends models in order for people to actually be able to tell from the angle/distance of the camera, and early character art tended to portray based on the ingame model. So you had unrealistic hip-to-waist ratios for women, and similarly unreal waist-to-shoulder measurements for men. Both were further accentuated by the clothing in skins (midriff and chest exposure for women, massive shoulder pads for men).

From what friends have shown me recently in models/splash arts they're not quite as exaggerated as it was early on.

Zyrusticae
Jan 31, 2014, 05:23 PM
Well yeah, they've been improving lately. Especially with Jinx, who's actually flat-chested and just throws that whole bullshit justification into the garbage where it belongs.

Seriously, who buys into that shit? "People can't tell they're female unless we exaggerate!" yeah fuck you, you fucking neanderthal, how important is it that people even be able to tell in the first place? I can tell he never even thought about that. Ridiculous.

At any rate, to my knowledge Guinsoo (the dev who made the comment) no longer even works at Riot anyway, and good riddance to that. Blehhh.

(Btw the early splash arts were literally just paint-overs of the in-game models. They stopped that practice some time ago.)

Gardios
Jan 31, 2014, 05:31 PM
There are quite a few who used to think Kayle's a dude until they play her themselves, and she also has a normal chestplate.

And yeah, I was referring to "newer" female champions. Like... 2012 new.

Zyrusticae
Jan 31, 2014, 05:34 PM
Kayle is a bit of an exception in that she's patterned after Samus Aran (very blatantly at that), so the confusion is very deliberate. She was also the only such example of a female character that wasn't so fully exaggerated for years.

Vintasticvin
Jan 31, 2014, 06:17 PM
Kayle= <3

Walkure
Jan 31, 2014, 07:32 PM
Well yeah, they've been improving lately. Especially with Jinx, who's actually flat-chested and just throws that whole bullshit justification into the garbage where it belongs.The waist sizes being wildly smaller than the rest of the body is what I found odd about the style. It was like nobody had internal organs.

I didn't really mind the chest size- it was that plus ribcage showing and shrinking down to a waist like a quarter or a third of shoulder width, then expanding back to hips that were about the same as the shoulders. wat.

(Btw the early splash arts were literally just paint-overs of the in-game models. They stopped that practice some time ago.)Even the models are significantly better, but that just might be due to more effort/detail added in. For men and women alike it was just ridiculous.

Look at this cropped image of TF's original model/splash art:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/VynD2Z2.png[/spoiler-box]

Using your imagination, get a decent guess at what the lower half should be like. Got a mental image? Good:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/YEQQx5x.png[/spoiler-box]

Compare to today:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/jRIUcFD.png[/spoiler-box]

Going through recent splash arts and glancing at models, most of them are okay now. The ones that aren't still have the same issue of an hourglass shape becoming more like two triangles.

TaigaUC
Jan 31, 2014, 07:47 PM
I think part of the problem is PSO2's bigger body proportions don't look very good.
Larger breasts look terrible in many costumes (ie. the shape screws up).
There are some issues with clothes clipping through larger body proportions too.

PSO2: a softcore hentai game with an action minigame in some of the maps

+gambling/luck-based
somewhere in that description.

Zyrusticae
Jan 31, 2014, 08:18 PM
Well, there's also the inconsistencies between models. Like if you have the body weight slider at a certain position, some models will have a tight stomach while others will suddenly balloon your gut. It's weird and really poor quality control.

This is, of course, exacerbated by the lack of a dedicated waist slider. Either you scale everything up along with the waist or you don't scale it at all.

Look at this cropped image of TF's original model/splash art:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/VynD2Z2.png[/spoiler-box]

Using your imagination, get a decent guess at what the lower half should be like. Got a mental image? Good:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/YEQQx5x.png[/spoiler-box]
Oh gawd I seriously burst out laughing at this. Goddamn, I don't remember it being that bad. Holy bajeezus.

It's a good thing they're going back and upgrading older models, the improvement really is immense. Wish more game developers did that.

Walkure
Jan 31, 2014, 08:46 PM
I think part of the problem is PSO2's bigger body proportions don't look very good.
Larger breasts look terrible in many costumes (ie. the shape screws up).
There are some issues with clothes clipping through larger body proportions too.Costume examples? Whenever either I or someone else noticed that on a character I'd assumed that people just accidentally gave their characters rocket tits. Or maybe intentionally. :-?

Well, there's also the inconsistencies between models. Like if you have the body weight slider at a certain position, some models will have a tight stomach while others will suddenly balloon your gut. It's weird and really poor quality control.I'm pretty sure that's mostly padding/clothing/etc that makes the hips/shoulders look bigger. Looking at the waist alone it actually doesn't seem to change too much in costumes. Could be wrong though.

UnLucky
Jan 31, 2014, 10:09 PM
Some outfits jut out at odd angles due to my proportions, so certain skirts just do not work at all on my character.

WTB> dedicated ass slider

AzureBlaze
Jan 31, 2014, 10:54 PM
They also create their own circular reference.

Under-represented male/cast clothing = nobody wants to roll cast or male because "theres nothing that appeals to me" = most people pick girl = devs only design for girls = there's nothing cool for males = nobody picks them = only girl designs are successful! Whee! = go to step 1

They just repeat that cycle forever.

Can you imagine if they threw a ton of "knows what they're doing" mecha designers at this game? I mean people who wouldn't make parts that clip 100% of the time, even with NO MOVEMENT?

Stuff like MG Grayfxox looking
Sophisticated PSU 'guy in armor' casts
Gundamish stuff
Transformery looking things
SPACE ROBOT NINJA
Blocky impractical in daily life airplane like people how they seem to be in love with now so skroo you if you don't!

Everybody who wasn't looking for a waifu would be rolling cast and suddenly "oh wow look at all this money I guess this is successful as well as the p0rno waifu booby window outfits. There is room for more than 1 thing , 1 trope to be successful. Sure, have an airplane man and a waifu & an (insert cliché thing here), but make sure everyone has CHOICES not just "pick 1 of 3 thongs!*"

*Appeal to girl players?
Make things girls might actually wear on their own selves. As the point has been made here before a lot of them would like to be more of "a badass" and less of "a pin up".

Games like this where there's so much ROOM for choice that just (As OP states) goes totally ignored for the 50th schoolgirl or tutu or whatever just bothers me so much. You have all this potential and then....!

Omega-z
Jan 31, 2014, 11:08 PM
Well a good part of the driving force for many is Sexiness/cuteness of girls/women but not the main reason. You also have the stat's to blame for not being balanced and being in favor to females over males. And this even goes to races at times between the females. But bottom line is Females are a more convenient and more powerful overall choice that they see all the time running around instead of a male. And how Sega handled the game in favor for this choice so they can make the most amount $$$ without having very much work into the game is where they want to be.

^this is the reason the the Pop. is like over 70%+ Female. The 64% was before the Dumans were added and almost everyone made a Female Duman with the second character. So the pop. most likely is around 80% Female. I hardly see males anymore especially Newmans/Dumans with Casts not far behind. lol I wouldn't be surprised to see all three of these races being 10% or less combined by the 2nd Anv. event.

Ratazana
Jan 31, 2014, 11:29 PM
If there is one thing they have been consistent, is giving us more ass. The gameplay sucks, there is no balance and everything is designed to get our money. Really, there is no reason to play this game unless you enjoy lolis in skimpy outfits.

CanaanAzure
Feb 1, 2014, 04:55 AM
I hardly see males anymore especially Newmans/Dumans with Casts not far behind.

And this is where my confusion rises...
I see plenty of male characters on ship 8, sure not as much as female characters but I see them almost just as much.
And I couldn't even count the amount of times I've mistaken some female characters as male ones because some players have spent so much time into making them look male.... Which doesn't make sense to me.
I would say the male to female ratio would be something along the lines of 40 to 60% on there.

Though I have to admit, I don't see casts very often... The male ones are a rare sight when running around in game yet they seem to pop up in the free partner thing a lot...

Geistritter
Feb 1, 2014, 04:36 PM
If it makes you feel better, female Casts have had fucking terrible options almost entirely across the board since launch.

Also, male Casts have by far the best looking aesthetic options. They get something amazing almost every month.

Gama
Feb 1, 2014, 09:07 PM
uh, lack of outfits for males, beards, hairstyles. should i continue?

SakuRei
Feb 2, 2014, 07:46 AM
Well... Since I came back just last month, finally they released a Female version of the Chic Jager costume. (known as Char Jager for female) For me I'm mostly bothered on cute clothes that SEGA releases from the years that passed. I've been wishing for a female Close Quarters outfit as well...

(Trap/Reverse Trap character makers would understand why.)

Aussei
Feb 2, 2014, 10:18 AM
We should just go back to the old days of PSO on the Dreamcast where you had no choice of what your character looked like other than preset costume, hair, and accessory. And changing the color of your hair. Oh and a little bit of anatomy.

Psyche just kidding. ._.;

I appreciate the effort they put into the customization in PSO2. My only issue with it, is that it takes experience to get it down right. First day playing this game, I botched the shit out of my female cast's anatomy. Remade her, and still not satisfied with it. Remade my other character as well, still not satisfied with it. But put me in front of Aion and I make some sexy bitches. Even on TERA.

I have much more fun with Aion creating a character. You can make a stick figure and it looks good! Believe me, i tried. Lol.

Look at this guy! Most unique character I've seen personally in my experience on Aion!

[spoiler-box]
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz128/valeria_colon1/266011_234858409966699_293067497_o_zps11659756.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

And the most recent character I made on Aion!

[spoiler-box]
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz128/valeria_colon1/1015914_406412586144613_1343858047_o_zps980786d5.j pg
[/spoiler-box]

Even this g-....Okay.....maybe not....BUT STILL UNIQUE

[spoiler-box]
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz128/valeria_colon1/423753_166209143498293_465128556_n_zpsafd27451.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Another male. My Boyfriend's Aion char.

[spoiler-box]
http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz128/valeria_colon1/459289_204908606295013_1633068546_o_zpse6cd2a8a.jp g
[/spoiler-box]

I personally don't feel like SEGA put effort into the customization. I feel like it's half-assed. One thing I can unify all these games with though?! Muscle mass on males. It stays no matter what height or build you make your character. Try to make a shouta, you can do it yes, but you get an 8 pack and killer biceps and deltoids. Trapezius is easy to palpate on a 10 year old looking boy. Lol.

I still like PSO2 regardless... u_u I hope within the decade of PSO2 they so promised us, they step it up. I'ma be 34 playing PSO2. Lol.

futamieriko
Feb 2, 2014, 06:10 PM
The costume imbalance is pretty much in line with the gender imbalance, Sega's just focusing on what has the most effect. They'd probably make more male costumes if there were more male characters, but making it 50/50 when one side is clearly more popular is just wasting resources for them.