PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new and have a few questions.

Ringtailduzit
Jan 31, 2014, 04:27 AM
Hello everyone, I just created this account to clear some things straight before buying PSO2. I'm not completely new to pso, I played the PSO on the Dreamcast and played a lot on Universe so I know the basics. I just have a few questions regarding this game so if you can answer them, I'll be gladly thankful!

1. Is this game ever going to come out for the US? I've been kind of waiting since the announcement, but not constantly checking every day, just like every couple months. I told myself once they release this for the US, I would get it. I know about the english patch, but I know it doesn't cover everything so I prefer just waiting for Sega releasing the US version. I don't mind waiting, but if it's never going to come out, then I'll just bite the bone with the english patch.

2. What's the difference of buying the hard copy of the game than downloading it on the vita. Isn't free to download PSO2 on the vita when you create a japanese account?

3. Can you download the english patch on the PS Vita?

4. Which website is the official wiki for PSO2 with the most info, such as weapons, outfits and etc. I know pspedia.info was meant for PSU, something like that.

5. Is PSOWorld the most active forums for this game?

6. What is a Sega ID I keep reading about?

7. Do I need to pay monthly for a Guardian License just like how they did with PSU

8. Where can I receive updates for this game? Like twitter, or PSOWorld

9. Last question, could someone explain step by step on setting up this game? Like if I download it, how to download the english patch and such.

I appreciate to whoever answers these questions, thank you!

Noc Codez
Jan 31, 2014, 04:39 AM
1. Most likely no

2.hard copy gives you little item codes and downloading it doesn't .

3.english patch is only for PC users

4. You can use this to start you off. http://pso2.cirnopedia.info

5. Yes pso-world is the most active forum for the English community

6. Sega ID is your account name aka log in

7. No Pso2 is 100% free but I would suggest going premium if you can afford it or at least buying a monthly Player shop pass.

8.for updates visit either pso-world or http://bumped.org/psublog/

9. There are many tutorials on how to download the game,make a sega ID and even how to get webmoney search the forums.. As for English patch visit Aida's tweaker thread.

There goes my good deed for the year..

Ringtailduzit
Jan 31, 2014, 04:43 AM
Okay, thank you so much Noc Codez for taking the time to help me out, appreciate it! And thanks for replying back so fast. I really wanted to play this for my Vita though. So there is no way to play an english translation version for the Vita?

Noc Codez
Jan 31, 2014, 04:46 AM
No your best bet is to play on PC .. But if you have to play on vita then I guess you have too

Ringtailduzit
Jan 31, 2014, 04:53 AM
Yeah, man I could play either way pc or vita but I just rather play on the vita since its easier and I can take it on the go. So is it just pretty much confirmed that Sega isn't going to release this game for the US? They've already said long ago that it is going to happen, they just keep delaying it and not updating us with any info about it. Because if it'll eventually come out this year, than I would just rather wait for it.

jooozek
Jan 31, 2014, 04:54 AM
it's not confirmed, it's just baseless rumours

Ringtailduzit
Jan 31, 2014, 05:05 AM
Do you think Sega will ever release it maybe by summer at least?

jooozek
Jan 31, 2014, 05:09 AM
i'm pretty sure they will release it in the end but when, no idea
just play the japanese version for time being
edit: actually, now i remembered that one of their subsidiaries was looking for an server engineer recently which means that they are getting closer to releasing

WildarmsRE5
Jan 31, 2014, 05:24 AM
meanwhile, SEA version is getting released by march. . .

Noc Codez
Jan 31, 2014, 05:38 AM
I laugh because people still have hope for a US/EU release .. no word since Pax 2012.. give it up already it's not coming..

jooozek
Jan 31, 2014, 05:41 AM
I laugh because people still have hope for a US/EU release .. no word since Pax 2012.. give it up already it's not coming..
just because you don't see news doesn't mean there isn't any

Noc Codez
Jan 31, 2014, 05:43 AM
just because you don't see news doesn't mean there isn't any

Please show me some news.. I dare you :-P

jooozek
Jan 31, 2014, 05:44 AM
http://www.tssznews.com/2013/12/28/relic-entertainment-staffs-up-to-work-on-unnamed-sega-mmo/
there

Noc Codez
Jan 31, 2014, 05:51 AM
Lol that's not a confirmation it's coming.. You never know there maybe a sonic mmo in the works for all you know.. It is SOA were talking about here .. Lol

And like I said give me news where SOA said hey we didn't cancel pso2 your not forgotten not a hiring ad by them.

jooozek
Jan 31, 2014, 05:53 AM
which part of "an existing live MMO" you do not understand? all of it?
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/has-sega-s-switch-to-digital-worked/0119859

Noc Codez
Jan 31, 2014, 05:59 AM
Ok you got me there but what did they say in Pax 2012?

Hey put it like this you want to be treated like a 2nd class citizen, then by all means play pso2 state side.. Everyone who has played pso/psu know what I'm speaking about. I'm staying where the grass is greener :)

jooozek
Jan 31, 2014, 06:02 AM
you are already treated like a 3rd class citizen on the japanese servers: you aren't even allowed to play going by the ToS and customer service doesn't support english

Noc Codez
Jan 31, 2014, 06:05 AM
you are already treated like a 3rd class citizen on the japanese servers: you aren't even allowed to play going by the ToS and customer service doesn't support english

Whoa no one treats me like a third class citizen on pso2. In a matter of fact I have many Japanese friends that I play with on a regular basis. As for TOS Sega loves money as long as you don't make an ass hat of yourself your fine take it from a vet player of the series :)

jooozek
Jan 31, 2014, 06:08 AM
SEGA doesn't even take non-japanese credit cards so i dont think SEGA loves stinky 外人money, the only way to charge up money is to buy webmoney from fishy 3rd party, overpriced resellers :lol: sure doesn't sound like 3rd class citizen treatment

Noc Codez
Jan 31, 2014, 06:11 AM
I don't mind that I pay for webmoney . It's called being a deticated player.. Wow to think about it I really don't remember the last time I was free course.. Guess that explains my 25 shop passes and 31 room passes lol .. If we could only sell them in Player shops :(

WildarmsRE5
Jan 31, 2014, 06:21 AM
I don't even remember JP players discriminating non JP players in public chat.

It did go the other way around some months ago, Ofcourse, B-20.

Noc Codez
Jan 31, 2014, 06:25 AM

Ofcourse B20.. this is why I only go there for TACOS and trust me that's my last choice.^^;

jooozek
Jan 31, 2014, 06:39 AM

JapaneseOnly in party descriptions is a thing though, you will see it commonly for parties that do something other than herpderp in MPA (XQ, s-rank boss spam, AQ, TA)