PDA

View Full Version : IGN thinks 2014 will see PS02's release...

Clunker
Jan 31, 2014, 07:50 PM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/01/31/28-big-pc-games-of-2014

The above link leads to s video that has bits of the original PSO2 'opening',
implying that PSO2 will be out in 2014.

I've not seen any other news to this effect; did I miss something,
or is IGN high?

Freshellent
Jan 31, 2014, 07:53 PM
Well, there a lot of stuff from old games up there. Things that came out last year namely. So it makes me think they don't actually know so much as just used the footage to fill some gaps.

Dragwind
Jan 31, 2014, 08:07 PM
Well, there a lot of stuff from old games up there. Things that came out last year namely. So it makes me think they don't actually know so much as just used the footage to fill some gaps.

This sums up my thoughts on that video. I think when it came time that they decided or saw PSO2 on the list (however this video was planned to be), they just made an assumption and threw it in there. This isn't the first time there have been teaser videos like this, and one or more of the games shown in the video are delayed, or cancelled altogether.

Original_DFO
Jan 31, 2014, 10:14 PM
Oh one of these threads again.

That said, are you willing to play a shitty tone down version of the game that's also going to be 2 years behind from the start?

I can't believe people STILL wanna play the US version of this game at this point in time.

UnLucky
Jan 31, 2014, 10:15 PM
Can't spell ignorant without IGN

The Walrus
Jan 31, 2014, 10:30 PM
Oh one of these threads again.

That said, are you willing to play a shitty tone down version of the game that's also going to be 2 years behind from the start?

I can't believe people STILL wanna play the US version of this game at this point in time.

There are fair reasons for wanting one.

WildarmsRE5
Jan 31, 2014, 10:59 PM
Can't spell ignorant without IGN^ this was pretty clever. made my day.

UnLucky
Jan 31, 2014, 11:03 PM
There are fair reasons for wanting one.

Yeah I guess the latency thing. Less Japanese, more Mexicans. Possibly better pricing on AC.

What else?

gigawuts
Jan 31, 2014, 11:48 PM
If they have sense, less harsh rates on the RNG. If they have lots of sense, a rework of the gatcha system to be a shop system.

I expect neither of these things to happen however.

pkemr4
Feb 1, 2014, 12:01 AM
If they have sense, less harsh rates on the RNG. If they have lots of sense, a rework of the gatcha system to be a shop system.

I expect neither of these things to happen however.

just thought about this, but is there a japanese mmorpg that does not follow the gatcha system to get items?

WildarmsRE5
Feb 1, 2014, 12:15 AM
just thought about this, but is there a Eastern mmorpg that does not follow the gatcha system to get items?Fixed :wacko:

HIT0SHI
Feb 1, 2014, 12:26 AM
Considering that all costume scratches are dedicated to the Japanese audience, I say it would be nice to not see so much cutesy / loli / retarded crap. But hey that's probably not happening if said version of the game even comes out to begin with...

Totori
Feb 1, 2014, 12:56 AM
Depends, personally I love the outfits. But if Relic is working on the game. Then from a very very old response. The NA version of PSO2, might have content created for it. That could be including different outfits.

Para
Feb 1, 2014, 01:57 AM
I can't be the only one who saw PS02 as in PSZer0 2 in the thread title...

ThePendragon
Feb 3, 2014, 03:46 PM
That's because the OP used a "0" instead of an "O". The only real advantage to a western release will be that it will be easier to buy AC. That and the fact that it will make AIDA's translation of the JP version a lot easier.

Zeota
Feb 3, 2014, 04:11 PM
Yeah I guess the latency thing. Less Japanese, more Mexicans. Possibly better pricing on AC.

What else?

Let's not forget Brazilians, Italians, etc. I'd add Thai to that list but they would likely be on Taiwan PSO2.

But yeah, these are about the only things it would have going for it at the start.

Oh, and how could I forget 4th of July and Thanksgiving lobbies with indian feather rappies?

Walkure
Feb 3, 2014, 05:32 PM
Unique costumes and accessories would take a lot of effort and having the JP costume designers get a team of NA workers up to par would take a lot of resources. Was this a thing in older Phantasy Stars or were there only a couple or so things added in to be a unique version?

Gama
Feb 3, 2014, 05:47 PM
Can't spell ignorant without IGN

HA! funny.

Laxedrane
Feb 3, 2014, 05:47 PM
In the not that it will happen but be nice from a fresh start category.

A better balancing of skill trees would be nice.

Back in the real world why are people still saying it will be 2 years behind when the tawain one not going to be started at the beginning. Why would they start the USA one fresh out of beta when they are doing the tawain one I believe they said a little after falz?

Not that I believe for one second they'll keep the promise but we can also keep a close eye on how disappointed we will be by their statement of speeded up patches so that they will be caught up to the jp severs after a certain amount of time.

Edson Drake
Feb 3, 2014, 06:03 PM
Well, as long as there's no mass IP ban if it even gets released, I'm not leaving J-PSO2.

(and if there's still english patch support by then, that is)

TakuBeardedOne
Feb 3, 2014, 07:43 PM
with an international version, the english patch could be bigger and better i think.

The Walrus
Feb 3, 2014, 07:56 PM
If they still do it.

landman
Feb 4, 2014, 03:21 AM
Was this a thing in older Phantasy Stars or were there only a couple or so things added in to be a unique version?

Yahoo! MAG in PSOBB and I don't remember if AOL had an item. PSZ had some reskins to western magazines. And PSP2 reskined real loli posters to fan art. But if the 1 + 1 = 2 is true Epic should be able to add new content in the western server.

Zeota
Feb 4, 2014, 07:23 AM
Yeah pretty much. That cheesy AOL Cup dialogue!

"Your enemies have been notified via AIM!"

[spoiler-box]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/epyonic/PSO%20Blue%20Burst/pso1116781871.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

hoppimike
Feb 4, 2014, 05:41 PM
Yeah I guess for ages I was subconsciously waiting for this before I tried PSO2.

Now though I've just gotten impatient and am going to play on the Jap servers :)

Emeraldcat89
Feb 12, 2014, 09:09 PM
I wonder if anything happened where somebody did something with the game to make the programmers mad and decided not to release it yet. :s

landman
Feb 13, 2014, 03:46 PM
But weren't these all pre-existing items that simply had their textures swapped? I don't think there's been any "exclusive" US content.
In the case of PSZ and PSP2 yes, in the case of PSOBB I don't know, but I remember this game having a lot of "clones" as item IDs, the official ones were legal, the unofficial ones were not. In any case I don't see the problem, Epic could add an item ID, and PS team could ad that same ID and don't use it, to avoid conflicts in future content sharing.