PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 So what'd I miss?

Syklo
Jan 31, 2014, 11:57 PM
Hey folks, it's been ages since you've heard from me eh?
You'll probably know me as the "captcha" guy, and I've been absent for quite some time.

The last time I played? hmm... around the time I started warframe (as you could tell from my signature by now), so October 19, 2013.
For the past 2 weeks I've also been playing blade & soul, but that unfortunately got boring quite quickly :(
Warframe is a big question mark for me, as it is still in beta, and still fun to play but its lore is still being developed so I lack many "fruitful" objectives to aim for. Now it's just a play-for-fun-or-farm game.

So now, I am reconsidering returning to pso2! (Not sure if I actually WILL though)
I'd just want to know, in a very condensed format, some new key features since my departure (sorry ship 2 for leaving that hole!) to now: I've already seen one, which is some sort of extension thing? I'm curious about that. In addition, is there anything else I should be aware of once I login, or will I be able to seamlessly continue from where I left off, without catching up on all this....stuff?

Probably the most important thing I'd like to know though:
Is trading/myshop/myroom still premium-only? (Aside from FUN scratch cards)

Now if you want to know the reason I left in the first place, here it is:[SPOILER-BOX]
Naturally, I'm a treasure hunter - I LOVE ITEMS!!! You could call it an OCD. As such, I do what I can to keep whatever I get. This leads to a very full inventory and storage. I deal with this through Dudu (or did he get fired now?) - ability mixing. On my ship 8 character, it's gotten to a paradox: To create space, I need to invest into existing items by grabbing the missing ingredients, but as you'd know, I need space to get the missing ingredients. My only option here then would be to use myshop to sell off my prototypes, but THAT'S A PREMIUM THING!

And so I made a character on ship 2, but that character is facing a similar problem too. It has reached the point where I basically won't be able to enjoy the game unless I choose to reject all the rewards that come to me.

Then again, if I could use a 3-slot to affix onto a 1-slot, I wouldn't have this problem... -sigh-[/SPOILER-BOX]

So there you have it folks! I might be coming back!
And hopefully not break another hole into ship 2.
(Actually, do people still play on ship 2?)

GoldenFalcon
Feb 1, 2014, 12:22 AM
Hi!
I used to be on ship 8, as you might recall.

I solved my storage issue by selling all 3slot items, and selling 2slot items that have bad affix combos (like R-atk AND T-atk, and any that have defensive things)

Extending takes your low power weapons that you cherish, and turns them into powerful contenders! Watch out that Ability/Dex becomes a lot more important for extended weapons.
Extending technics takes a recipe (for example, +damage with +pp cost) and you attempt to maximize the boost (merit) and minimize the downside (demerit). Once you apply an extended technic via using its disc, you can't go back to normal until a later update.

People also get free mini rooms, with a support partner, which is like your very own friend partner that you choose the equipment of! Like a mini character on your account.

Ship 2 still is the place to be.

This probably needs more structure

Syklo
Feb 1, 2014, 12:30 AM
Hi!
I used to be on ship 8, as you might recall.

I solved my storage issue by selling all 3slot items, and selling 2slot items that have bad affix combos (like R-atk AND T-atk, and any that have defensive things)

Extending takes your low power weapons that you cherish, and turns them into powerful contenders! Watch out that Ability/Dex becomes a lot more important for extended weapons.
Extending technics takes a recipe (for example, +damage with +pp cost) and you attempt to maximize the boost (merit) and minimize the downside (demerit). Once you apply an extended technic via using its disc, you can't go back to normal until a later update.

People also get free mini rooms, with a support partner, which is like your very own friend partner that you choose the equipment of! Like a mini character on your account.

Ship 2 still is the place to be.

This probably needs more structure
No matter how many slots they have, if I can use the affix, I buy the cheapest (zero-slot) weapon from the weapon shop and use the 300 meseta affix cost to build up from there :|
Though once I return I might just end up selling them anyway as I forgot my affixing plans/ the need for them is gone.

And how does extending for weapons, work?

Sandmind
Feb 1, 2014, 12:34 AM
Super Hard as came out with new drops and new actually good exp CO. Seabed area is new. New PAs have came out, turning Braver into an easy to use powerhouse combined with invincibility.

You missed some holiday EQ. Speaking of EQ, be sure to at least try once Tower Defense (announced as darker assault on a lillipan mining base) ... and have inventory space for all those rare that drops at the end of the run. Old Dark Falz Elder 11* weapon selection + new ones got a much better chance to drop in it from the final crystal.

There is now a crafting system to bring up old weaker gear closer to the top. Their stat are replaced with a common template by weapon type. Rare weapon lose their minimal damage though, so most of the endgame stuff end up being weaker due to the bigger damage variance.

Technic can also be crafted, which come with good and bad to balance it. Not all recipe/tech are worth using though.

Hum, there was a mini update to also techer, buffing their wand melee style.

And there is currently a new Limited Quest until early march, like Border Break version 2, exempt on the coast area, missing all dragonkin, but Chrome/Haze spawn so often, you will get sick of that darker devorer (note, on VH/SH, haze spawn almost all the time instead of regular chrome).

Edit: Saw your question about crafting info (http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-crafting-system-mini-guide/).

WildarmsRE5
Feb 1, 2014, 12:40 AM
little more detail on extending.

Weapon extension, like what said above is making a weak weapon to hold up on their own on higher difficulties. ofcourse, extended weapon doesn't top out high end items like Arao Cylinder, Crusade Lore. Extension simply overwrites the weapons current stats and replaces it with new, more powerful stats. there are downsides though, special weapons like Nishiki (All Class Daggers) Loses its Multi-Class stats, making it Fighter Only. weapons like Coat Edge (Sword) which has T-ATK and S-ATK (For Hu/Te hybrid) when extended loses the T-ATK since swords was not supposed to have T-ATK. Having a Great Success when extending will have utility effects though, like adding Another Class to that weapon, reducing the equip requirements, and also possible to make it All Class like, a normal 1* Twin Dagger with 650+ S-ATK and all class. so yeah, you get the Idea.

Tech Extension, simply put, More Power = More PP Cost, More Status Effect occurence rating = Less Power. I don't experiment with Tech Extension very much since I don't bother with techs at all.

Forgot to write this but, Weapon Extension also has another downside. Rare Weapon generally have a hidden DEX bonus in them, making them hit the hardest they can. Extending Rare Weapons removes the DEX bonus which will result in very high damage variance (Ex: Damage will be like 1000 (min) - 2000 (max))

Bravers with Full DEX MAG or Rangers will probably have less problem with this, Rangers generally have high base DEX stats. getting crit skills on Skill Trees should also help as well.

Syklo
Feb 1, 2014, 01:10 AM
Oh wow there's an actual crafting system. Man that looks so complicated @_@
Can I decompose 1-6❊ equipment?
Also, is there any RNG involved in the recipes other than the chance of a great success? (I'm surprised there's no failure! :D)
Are the recipes consumable?
Are the crafts instant or is there a crafting time as well as cooldown?

GoldenFalcon
Feb 1, 2014, 01:35 AM
Oh wow there's an actual crafting system. Man that looks so complicated @_@
Can I decompose 1-6❊ equipment?
Also, is there any RNG involved in the recipes other than the chance of a great success? (I'm surprised there's no failure! :D)
Are the recipes consumable?
Are the crafts instant or is there a crafting time as well as cooldown?

It isn't "crafting" like other games. It's more like a new version of grinding
Only 7* and above can be decomposed. Only level 11 and up discs can be decomposed
RNG for weapon extending (great successes, really rare) adds multiclassing and lowered equipping requirements. RNG for technic extending chooses the values of the merits and demerits
Recipes are infinite use, and need to be unlocked by fulfilling things in an achievement list
Crafting is instant, with cooldowns ranging from 5 minutes to hours. You can get more slots to craft in by gaining craft levels

Syklo
Feb 1, 2014, 05:21 AM
It isn't "crafting" like other games. It's more like a new version of grinding
Only 7* and above can be decomposed. Only level 11 and up discs can be decomposed
RNG for weapon extending (great successes, really rare) adds multiclassing and lowered equipping requirements. RNG for technic extending chooses the values of the merits and demerits
Recipes are infinite use, and need to be unlocked by fulfilling things in an achievement list
Crafting is instant, with cooldowns ranging from 5 minutes to hours. You can get more slots to craft in by gaining craft levels

So basically......
I can't really use crafting until super hard mode so that I can get those PA fragments?

jooozek
Feb 1, 2014, 05:42 AM
11+ drop already in vh and you can just buy the fragments from player shops, they should be piss cheap, like 1k each tech pa frags aside which should be not more than 20k

WildarmsRE5
Feb 1, 2014, 06:47 AM
every crafting stuff is 1k except for tech fragments, which should be 12k.

and Rubiards, and Neojits, and Saphards, and Promechits.

Ship2Mikeh
Feb 1, 2014, 12:21 PM
YOU NEED T GO DESYNTH RIGHT NOWW!

Syklo
Feb 1, 2014, 07:05 PM
11+ drop already in vh and you can just buy the fragments from player shops, they should be piss cheap, like 1k each tech pa frags aside which should be not more than 20k

Wooops i meant very hard mode >.<

Didn't realise there's now super hard mode.

Also I forgot my myshop passcode thing so I'm waiting for that to be reset >.>

Arksenth
Feb 2, 2014, 11:00 PM
Hi Loserklo! I made a PSO-World account!

Anyway, in specific regards to Ship 8, we're kind of picking up a few new players so our guild is active-ish. You're still in Australia, right? Most of our members are in Malaysia, I believe, so their time zones will synch up nicely with yours.

Oh and also I have most of the good crafting recipes so you can use my Tech crafting board.

And ironically, as much as I mocked you for playing FI/TE, I'm playing TE/FI now.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 2, 2014, 11:28 PM

Anyway, in specific regards to Ship 8, we're kind of picking up a few new players so our guild is active-ish. You're still in Australia, right? Most of our members are in Malaysia, I believe, so their time zones will synch up nicely with yours.

Oh and also I have most of the good crafting recipes so you can use my Tech crafting board.

And ironically, as much as I mocked you for playing FI/TE, I'm playing TE/FI now.the amount of sarcasm in this post.

GoldenFalcon
Feb 3, 2014, 12:46 AM
the amount of sarcasm in this post.

where

Syklo
Feb 3, 2014, 06:23 AM

And ironically, as much as I mocked you for playing FI/TE, I'm playing TE/FI now.

Ah, it's you! XD
(Just a note to mods: This is not offensive content; long story)
Yep, still in australia~ Still in ship 8? well, not quite.

(Times have changed though, huh?)

Arksenth
Feb 3, 2014, 03:21 PM
Ah, it's you! XD
(Just a note to mods: This is not offensive content; long story)
Yep, still in australia~ Still in ship 8? well, not quite.

(Times have changed though, huh?)

I think you'd rather like the crafting update especially since you were so appearance-obsessed, but you'll probably need a bit of DEX somewhere in order to make it work for you. It'll give you a chance to recycle some of your hoarded items into components as well, so there we go.