PDA

View Full Version : Problems Crashing

NexusRay
Feb 3, 2014, 11:36 PM
It's probably just my computer, but I've been having an issue with my computer crashing when I try to play lately. Today has been especially bad. Crashed three times almost in a row. And I was curious if anyone else has had problems recently? When I play I use the Tweaker and MotionJoy so I can use my PS3 controller. And I also usually have AIM open to talk to some friends when I game. It hasn't crashed very much before the last week. Maybe five times in total since I started playing. But it's crashed probably six times since the last update.

Another question, while I'm at it. After the last update or maybe the one before, Google Chrome won't load new tabs I open when I'm playing. Another friend of mine has been having the same problem and I'd like to know if anyone has also been having this problem.

The Walrus
Feb 3, 2014, 11:42 PM
Can't really answer the main question, but the latter is a known thing and the tweaker has an option for it. Click the big button and go to other tasks, then click "launch chrome in PSO compatibility mode" before launching the game itself.

NexusRay
Feb 3, 2014, 11:43 PM
That's one problem down, thanks. XD

TaigaUC
Feb 4, 2014, 01:22 AM
My laptop started crashing on zoning in immediately after logging in.
Rebooted it and it magically fixed itself.
Weird because the first time was literally just boot + PSO2 as well.
That was today or yesterday.

My laptop also randomly crashes when exiting the camp ship.
Only started happening a few months ago.
Haven't been able to isolate the problem.
My other two PCs run PSO2 no problems.

NexusAZ
Feb 4, 2014, 01:45 AM
Have you tried a file check?

Nice name, by the way.

Syklo
Feb 4, 2014, 05:28 AM
I've been having random crashes lately too - ever since using the tweaker.
Can't isolate the problem either, but I know that on the first crash, it caused my computer to screw up, giving BSODs and screwing my memory.
At least a chkdsk solved the problem.

Rayden
Feb 4, 2014, 05:50 AM
Not sure if you're talking about game crashes or your entire computer crashing (BSODing), but I've suddenly been having a lot of game crashes lately.

TaigaUC
Feb 4, 2014, 08:44 AM
Like AIDA said, it's most likely Gameguard.
Gameguard really hates my laptop. It always gives an error on startup.

NexusRay
Feb 4, 2014, 09:32 AM
It's been BSODing. Once during Falz, once when I went to my room, once when I was in the lobby, and once when I just logged in from what I can remember. I did scan my whole computer and nothing came up. So I just repatched my game. Gonna try to play again after work today. If it still doesn't work, I might redownload the whole game. And if that doesn't work, I might just wipe the whole computer clean.

Syklo
Feb 4, 2014, 05:33 PM
That sounds like GG - It's been known to BSOD a lot of people (myself included).

Also, are you using the item patch? If so, you might crash when going to your room - We're aware of what causes it, but fixing it is... not so easy.

Like AIDA said, it's most likely Gameguard.
Gameguard really hates my laptop. It always gives an error on startup.

Gameguard (i think?) has only caused a BSOD burst ONCE before I "quit", and that was many months ago.
This time was right after I come back.
And I've used gameguard on nexon games (quite obviously), and not once did I get BSODs on them, so I doubt it's GG.

Yes i'm using the item patch, but I experience zero problems going to myroom (unless you're referring to an actual myroom and not miniroom, which isn't the case for me). I'll try raising the F/R delay

The time I got the BSOD this time was in the lobby....
The 2nd time it crashed after the BSODs were fixed was during a volcano mission...

pkemr4
Feb 4, 2014, 05:46 PM
you guys do realize gamegaurd had to a update today?

NexusRay
Feb 5, 2014, 10:41 AM
Alright, so I'm fairly certain it's Motion Joy that's the problem. The DS3 Tool apparently has a lot of issues where if the controller is unplugged or anything, it BSODs. So my new question to everyone is do you know if a 360 controller works without a separate program? I don't think I can go back to a mouse and keyboard after using a PS3 controller for so long.

red1228
Feb 5, 2014, 10:57 AM
Alright, so I'm fairly certain it's Motion Joy that's the problem. The DS3 Tool apparently has a lot of issues where if the controller is unplugged or anything, it BSODs. So my new question to everyone is do you know if a 360 controller works without a separate program? I don't think I can go back to a mouse and keyboard after using a PS3 controller for so long.

Any wired Xbox360 controller will work with no extra programs. I use a standard wired one. I plugged it in, waited literally 5 seconds for the driver to install & bam. Perfectly working controller & no hassle from a 3rd party program. PSO2 even has menu icons designed for xbox360 controllers.

TaigaUC
Feb 5, 2014, 11:15 AM
You could use the PS3 controller thing I recommended in the topic for it.

TaigaUC
Feb 5, 2014, 11:22 AM
I never get BSODs, it just gives me an illegal operation complaint.
Gameguard ought to be illegal.

Anyway, here's the PS3 controller thing.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

I use it and it's great. No problems.
I didn't want to use Motionjoy because it looked like bloatware spyware adware.

Aeris
Feb 5, 2014, 05:15 PM
It's only BSOD'd me a few times, but I know people (Like Cyron) who get it daily.

Interesting experiment - If GG fails to load properly and closes the game, and you try it again, depending on the reason, GG will forcibly BSOD your computer.

Pretty much its messing with windows important files since it usually stops one of them forcing the computer to BSOD due to how important it is for running windows and yeah i get random crashes by going back to the ship selection from log out and selecting a ship when relogging back in, in lobby at random and when switching blocks, pretty much all this mess started since they added 64bit protection to GG long time ago as well making adjustments to it, i get BSODed sometimes when loading the game and i go to reload it after the restart, got another BSOD right after it and it did mess with my computer's passwords on my programs bleh.

Wise Man
Feb 5, 2014, 05:23 PM
So far when I do get d/c'd from the game, it's either as simple as the game closing down or the Pso2.exe file stops responding. Normally I can fix that by restarting my computer after it happens but it's kind of annoying as it happens all the time...