PDA

View Full Version : Limited quest rare drops...

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 8, 2014, 11:42 AM
is it weird that i have not gotten one 10 star drop except for a dumb shell opus wired lance i will never use in the limited quest? I go through about 15 runs a day and I even tried going +100% tri-boost in SH, but nothing dropped. The only thing that ever drops is the stupid bietiger knuckles that no one uses. I was hoping that the limited quest will finally give me the chance to drop my beloved Agito or the lambda lacruico from all thos fangulfurs jumping around =.=", but still THINGS REFUSE TO DROP. is sega trolling me ? :'(

Sealco555
Feb 8, 2014, 11:57 AM
Never expect a specific item to drop. It probably won't.

Dnd
Feb 8, 2014, 11:59 AM
Welcome to pso2, this is completely normal behaviour with rare drops and you just have to deal with it im afraid.

IndigoNovember
Feb 8, 2014, 12:01 PM
Since this is a free to play game, they'll want you to get tired of spending months of hunting a rare and buy premium to just buy one off the another player's My Shop.

Emp
Feb 8, 2014, 12:06 PM
Since this is a free to play game, they'll want you to get tired of spending months of hunting a rare and buy premium to just buy one off the another player's My Shop.

Either pay2win or slave your life way.^^;

Dnd
Feb 8, 2014, 12:08 PM
Either pay2win or slave your life way.^^;

Even with pay to win you still need to slave your life away to obtain the ultra ultra rare shinys

Emp
Feb 8, 2014, 12:14 PM
Even with pay to win you still need to slave your life away to obtain the ultra ultra rare shinys

True True. Not like I really slaved for my falz bow. ^^;

pkemr4
Feb 8, 2014, 03:10 PM
sega cant into proper pay2win methods.

Kiyumi
Feb 8, 2014, 03:15 PM
I love all these people who expect to run a quest a handful of times and expect ultra rare weps to rain from the sky...I can feel the sense of entitlement

Emp
Feb 8, 2014, 03:22 PM
I love all these people who expect to run a quest a handful of times and expect ultra rare weps to rain from the sky...I can feel the sense of entitlement

I've been trying to say this for while. All the people see their friends have cool shiny weps which lead to threads like this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217199) that consist of jealousy, whining and a pinch of elitism.

Shinamori
Feb 8, 2014, 03:31 PM

Indeed. I finally got a Haze Evol and a Gulity Light months after their value has decreased.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 8, 2014, 03:31 PM
I've been trying to say this for while. All the people see their friends have cool shiny weps which lead to threads like this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217199) that consist of jealousy, whining and a pinch of elitism.

lol, I'm just sad that I can barely fight with a dio sigalga affixed.... its frustrating.

Kiyumi
Feb 8, 2014, 03:38 PM
Indeed. I finally got a Haze Evol and a Gulity Light months after their value has decreased.

If all these were so easy to get, they wouldnt be valuable and you wouldnt want them. Basic economics, people dont understand...sigh.

Shinamori
Feb 8, 2014, 03:47 PM
Well of course. I never hunted them in the first place. For one, Haze/Chrome rarely spawned outside of the Amdusica EQ. Two, only way to get a Guilty Light at the time was either the Fang EQ (when they increased VH enemy levels to 51+ or Forest AQ. Once Sega ran that near month special on Wind & Rain back in August (I think), shit hit fan. By the time that was done, Haze weapons as like 6mil or so.

Emp
Feb 8, 2014, 03:56 PM
lol, I'm just sad that I can barely fight with a dio sigalga affixed.... its frustrating.

You can take up a 6* wep, craft it, grind/affix it and be as or almost as strong as those with shiny stuff.

Macman
Feb 8, 2014, 04:12 PM
A crafted weapon is usually worse than the best 9* weapons due to their huge damage variance. I know how he feels though; I'm still using a Dio Sigalga on braver and a Fleetmalinka on Gunner because I'm too bad at this game to get anything better. :wacko:

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 8, 2014, 08:08 PM
A crafted weapon is usually worse than the best 9* weapons due to their huge damage variance. I know how he feels though; I'm still using a Dio Sigalga on braver and a Fleetmalinka on Gunner because I'm too bad at this game to get anything better. :wacko:

So true, the damage variance is just too high to even match up against my multiclass roundeet (affixed)

TaigaUC
Feb 8, 2014, 11:52 PM
I did the limited quest during +100% rare enemy boost.
The only rare enemy I saw was Haze Drall.
...and maybe one of the birds that drop Na Foie. ONCE.

I see more rare enemies without those shitty boosts.

deahamlet
Feb 8, 2014, 11:56 PM
I got the multi-class white sleeve daggers in there without even my Lucky units on o.O. Only the premium drink on. RNG is random.

I've gotten a couple 10*s in there but no agito or other katana. Then again I'm not running with the character that got me 2 agitos before... of course I'm getting other things.

BIG OLAF
Feb 8, 2014, 11:56 PM

But are you serious though

TaigaUC
Feb 9, 2014, 12:17 AM
My friend and I always get more rare drops when we're not wearing luck gear.

Yutaka20
Feb 10, 2014, 02:55 AM
lol i always seems to get more 10* during LQ
in fact it's so much that it's shockingly crazy.
but i am a prem user with the rare boost for prem user so yea.
additional 100% chance of drop.
even then it's hard to get them to drop.
so if u arent a prem,u cant really complain.
u can still use ur free 250% boost if u want lol.
if i power max rare boost, chances of finding rare is pretty high but most of crap anyway lol

MarijuanaMan
Feb 10, 2014, 03:12 AM
lol i did a random free forest on hard and got a rare drop, they are just random

Yutaka20
Feb 10, 2014, 04:41 AM
lol i did a random free forest on hard and got a rare drop, they are just random

lol rares that arent 10* and up are consider crap rares.
and those have higher chances of droppping.
i think most ppl here are now referring to 10* and above,
anything lower are still normal gear to most.
the only diff they make is they are are crafting material to be disassembled.

FEI LEE
Feb 10, 2014, 05:57 PM

Actually, there's quite a few crap 10* also. But I guess being able to trade them in makes up for it.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 10, 2014, 06:39 PM

I punch my computer whenever i untek a nice katana weapon and i find out its just a crappy lacruico instead of a beloved agito :'(

milranduil
Feb 10, 2014, 06:43 PM
lol i always seems to get more 10* during LQ
in fact it's so much that it's shockingly crazy.
but i am a prem user with the rare boost for prem user so yea.
additional 100% chance of drop.
even then it's hard to get them to drop.
so if u arent a prem,u cant really complain.
u can still use ur free 250% boost if u want lol.
if i power max rare boost, chances of finding rare is pretty high but most of crap anyway lol

Rare boost from drink is 25%, not 100% iirc.

Zenobia
Feb 10, 2014, 07:00 PM

Bingo idk wth is he talking about. Unless he was using a 75% RDR ticket then yes.

Niagara
Feb 11, 2014, 09:00 AM
RNG being RNG :

-Yesterday => Mining base defense with +350% RDR [+luck gear]=> 5x 10*
-Today => Mining base defense with +100% RDR [+ luck gear] => 13x 10* + Falclaw.

I just don't get it sometimes.

Coatl
Feb 11, 2014, 09:50 AM

Source or gtfo.

Inazuma
Feb 11, 2014, 09:59 AM
Source or gtfo.

I can't find it but I remember reading on a JP wiki the medical drink rare drop boost is 15% or 20%.

jooozek
Feb 11, 2014, 10:41 AM
i haven't heard about sega detailing the % nor any of the mags that publish info about pso2/guidebooks so everything you hear is bullshit

milranduil
Feb 11, 2014, 03:35 PM
Source or gtfo.

So you can keep telling yourself it's 100% while having no source yourself? :wacko:

I poured through the entire comment section of JP wiki for drink page but still couldn't find anything.

gigawuts
Feb 11, 2014, 03:59 PM
We can always just do extensive XQ testing.

Who volunteers to pay for a few hundred XQ runs for me?

Shinamori
Feb 11, 2014, 04:09 PM
According to the JP Wiki (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%89%E3%83%AA%E3%83%B3%E3%82%AF%E3% 83%A1%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC), it's 15%. It's probably just a guess though.