PDA

View Full Version : OMG JUST CAME BACK THINGS HAVE CHANGED

artbunker
Feb 10, 2014, 11:21 PM
I must say, things have changed in this game after taking 3 months off playing that other game with FANTASY in its title :)
Anyway, I needed a change and decided to come back to PSO2. .. Man things have changed I see.

I left at level 50 when VH was doable the Now it seems to have been moved to level 55. That was a shock. I guess my main question is this

Why did SEGA change the difficulty levels and the levels you need to be to be able to do well in them?
Was it to make sure more players would stay and team up with one another ?

Game seems harder, but maybe that's me. I did miss being able to kick butt on VH. Now I feel Nerfed for the time . I'll stop whining and get some good cheese soon enough, but the game seems harder now.

I know I am probably wrong in my opinion of this, Im probably still experiencing the shock of how the game chad as well ,

MetalDude
Feb 10, 2014, 11:25 PM
It's just the cap being raised and a new difficulty. The game's not really much harder at all.

Cap is 65 and Super Hard is available now.

Zorafim
Feb 10, 2014, 11:39 PM
I've been noticing that bosses I've been able to solo with ease seem to have new properties. Extended hit boxes on their attacks, new attack patterns, and sometimes even new attacks. Fights that should be easy for me are impossible now.

The Walrus
Feb 10, 2014, 11:51 PM
They all seem pretty easy to me

#gunnermasterrace

Zorafim
Feb 10, 2014, 11:55 PM
Must be nice to be able to ignore half of the fight.

gigawuts
Feb 10, 2014, 11:56 PM
Must be nice to be able to ignore half of the fight.

Yup.

5yup

Renvalt
Feb 11, 2014, 12:13 AM
I've been noticing that bosses I've been able to solo with ease seem to have new properties. Extended hit boxes on their attacks, new attack patterns, and sometimes even new attacks. Fights that should be easy for me are impossible now.

I'm aware of a few properties from some videos of Episode 1 bosses what exactly it is that they can do in SH that they couldn't before, but could you give me a list of what each boss has in SH that they didn't before? Because I'm familiar with how the fights evolve as you go from Normal to Very Hard, but not Very Hard to Super Hard.

Macman
Feb 11, 2014, 12:25 AM
Bosses love to chain attacks in Super Hard.
Vol Dragon often shoots fireballs with little telegraphing.
Zeshrayda now attacks stupidly fast.

Those are the only things that stand out in my mind.

The only bosses that don't really change too much are Banthers, Wolga, Zoran (still dies within a minute), and Rockbears.

Renvalt
Feb 11, 2014, 12:29 AM
Bosses love to chain attacks in Super Hard.
Vol Dragon often shoots fireballs with little telegraphing.
Zeshrayda now attacks stupidly fast.

Those are the only things that stand out in my mind.

I looked up some Super Hard vids and saw that Zeshy now has an "Enrage Mode". And I seem to remember hearing that Vol Dragon "treats the ground like a swimming pool" in regards to how much he goes under. Which makes me wonder how much I'll be seeing gold (as in, golden lizard, as in Stage 3 Vol).

Macman
Feb 11, 2014, 12:32 AM
I've had cases where Vol burrows, only to burrow again. Makes breaking Burn Draal's horns for armor nigh-impossible.

Oh, also fully armored Vol will open up with the flame pillar spam attack and it goes on forever until you break his tail.

MetalDude
Feb 11, 2014, 01:18 AM
Zesh is really obnoxious on SH, easily my least favorite boss.

strikerhunter
Feb 11, 2014, 01:36 AM
Boss Difference in SH compare to VH:

Rockbear: Will connect that jumping roll of his just bout after any attacks but noticeable.
Vol: Can connect multiple back-to-back fireballs and will dig more often.
Gwan: Nothing, will just suck-up-bite-more often.
Malmo: Nothing, it'll just charge more often.
Banther/Banshee: Nothing, will just connect more attack and dash attack will have an extra 1 or 2 more hits.
Mizer: Nothing.
Big Vardha: Gilnas cores will be sent out to repair Vardha parts (pre-SH, his guns would be destroy but now they can only be disabled) <missiles only>
Vardha Soma: Nothing.
Val Rodus: Stun timer is lowered when harpooned.
Blu Ringada: Stun timer is extremely lowered to like 3 sec?
Wolg: Jumps more often.
Zesh: Attacks noticeably faster.
Hunar: Nothing.
Persona: Nothing.
Org Blan: Will do handsmash more often.
Decol: Will Do Over-end Spin more often when core is exposed.
Jellyfish that I forgot her name melluda?: Nothing <Wait lol Decol and Melluda came out during SH so why am I comparing them? derp of me>
Chrome Dragon: nothing.
Cata (caves and FC): Will do tail smash more often and will do spin stun without being in rage mode.
Quartz: Light cannon barrage has 1 more set of attacks when rage mode and 2 when near death.

I think I got most of the bosses if not all.

BIG OLAF
Feb 11, 2014, 01:53 AM
Vol Dragon's 3rd form non-stop 'flame pillar' attack also lasts much longer in SH. In fact, I don't think it even stops until you break his tail (or he launches his super fireball and goes back to 1st form).

(also the jellyfish is Biol Meduna)

Atlantis419
Feb 11, 2014, 02:02 AM
Forgot Dragon Ex

FacelessRed
Feb 11, 2014, 02:10 AM
I've had cases where Vol burrows, only to burrow again. Makes breaking Burn Draal's horns for armor nigh-impossible.

Oh, also fully armored Vol will open up with the flame pillar spam attack and it goes on forever until you break his tail.

I call that his infinite tantrum attack.

FacelessRed
Feb 11, 2014, 02:17 AM

Rockbear: Will connect that jumping roll of his just bout after any attacks but noticeable.
Gwan: Nothing, will just suck-up-bite-more often.
Banther/Banshee: Nothing, will just connect more attack and dash attack will have an extra 1 or 2 more hits.
Mizer: Nothing.
Big Vardha: Gilnas cores will be sent out to repair Vardha parts (pre-SH, his guns would be destroy but now they can only be disabled) <missiles only>
Blu Ringada: Stun timer is extremely lowered to like 3 sec?
Zesh: Attacks noticeably faster.
Jellyfish that I forgot her name melluda?: Nothing <Wait lol Decol and Melluda came out during SH so why am I comparing them? derp of me>
Chrome Dragon: nothing.
Cata (caves and FC): Will do tail smash more often and will do spin stun without being in rage mode.
Quartz: Light cannon barrage has 1 more set of attacks when rage mode and 2 when near death.

I think I got most of the bosses if not all.

Additional information missed out:

Mizer: Actually changes his attack pattern considerably. Will not open up with floor smash and then expose weak point, will wait siginificantly longer and do wide swipes quite often.

Big Vardha's front cannons Now shoot then SWEEP to hit 2-4 times.

Org blan does Hand smash Twice in a row, not so much more often.

Chrome dragon on SH I think starts with his Back piece in place, or quickly acquires it.

Quartz Will fire a tripple set of Ice-daggers also.

Blu Ringada Becomes a royal asshole

I forget some, but some enemies now hit twice instead of once when doing an attack (not two animations but two sets of damage, I think vol dragons running charge does this. instead of being hit once you will be hit twice.)

Walkure
Feb 11, 2014, 02:32 AM

Gwan: Nothing, will just suck-up-bite-more often. He does up to three bites in rapid succession now, and the sidesweep bites can hit multiple times in a row.
Banther/Banshee: Nothing, will just connect more attack and dash attack will have an extra 1 or 2 more hits. Banshee does multiple swipes as well now which is a new behavior.
Mizer: Nothing. Attacks noticeably faster, doesn't always do a ground stomp after shock attack and the multiple-ground-punches move.
Big Vardha: Gilnas cores will be sent out to repair Vardha parts (pre-SH, his guns would be destroy but now they can only be disabled) <missiles only> Only in parties and multiparties apparently. If you're solo he won't use them?
Blu Ringada: Stun timer is extremely lowered to like 3 sec? I'm mostly sure that this is a percent of health lost thing, since I've actually had it stay around for a duration.
Zesh: Attacks noticeably faster. When he goes turtlemode he'll barrage more quickly but stick his head out mid-barrage for a second or two. Couple of his attacks have additional missiles thrown in. When he goes into half-HP rage mode he can roar multiple times and will fire target-seeking missiles as well as balls during those roars.
Chrome Dragon: nothing. Starts with more parts so he'll likely start out the fight with some dangerous move.
Cata (caves and FC): Will do tail smash more often and will do spin stun without being in rage mode. Catadraan will do his spin stun after every forward thrust, Catadra'ansa will do his spin stun after every tail smash. Oddly enough, the one where they jump forward do not cause them to spin outside of rage mode, which is what they did in AQ/XQ. I presume that Catadraal spins from both head lunges and tail smashes, I wasn't paying attention the couple times I saw him get nuked in an MPA.

I think I got most of the bosses if not all.Added what I've noticed.

Ratazana
Feb 11, 2014, 02:37 AM
"Wait what?! Vol Dragon has a 3rd form?"

-Gunner

Kikikiki
Feb 11, 2014, 02:37 AM
Kartagot is now the smartest normal monster for disabling your SH TA run apparently.

strikerhunter
Feb 11, 2014, 02:48 AM
Oh yea and I forgot something else:

At the Beginning of Big Vardha SH Fight, right after the cutscene he'll send out a laser attack right away that will likely kill you if you don't have enough HP or not moving/dodging.

TaigaUC
Feb 11, 2014, 03:00 AM
Mizer doesn't open its anus every five seconds on SH.
Ragne spams multiple lightning AOE like crazy in the middle of doing other stuff.
Vol 3rd form not only does the flame pillar non stop, I think it also overlaps multiple flame pillars at once.

Macman
Feb 11, 2014, 03:39 AM
Kartagot is now the smartest normal monster for disabling your SH TA run apparently.
God I had that happen once. We all gathered and stared in disbelief while that jerk was literally inside the barrier.

Then I ran away around the corner since I had aggro and made it teleport out of there. :wacko:

Laxedrane
Feb 11, 2014, 09:50 AM
I've noticed that Gwanahda(desert sp) Tencticles appear less often after you flinch him the first time. To the point if you don't kill him on the 1st or 2nd flinch you have to wait several minutes for him to actually spawn them all again.

gigawuts
Feb 11, 2014, 09:59 AM
...Am I really the only person here who finds zeshrayda and vol dragon easier in super hard?

WildarmsRE5
Feb 11, 2014, 10:08 AM
I find zesh more easy on SH. . . Vol?. . . dunno. . .

I just crack Zesh's foot and he goes "ow! mah foot!" "aahh! I fell over!"

HIT0SHI
Feb 11, 2014, 10:22 AM
What about Cougar EX?

gigawuts
Feb 11, 2014, 10:30 AM
I find zesh more easy on SH. . . Vol?. . . dunno. . .

I just crack Zesh's foot and he goes "ow! mah foot!" "aahh! I fell over!"

I don't even mean that. Since they move fast their moves are quicker to actually strike, meaning the time between their tells and their actual strike is short enough that you can dodge at about the same time and be fine with more moves.

Like mizer, who has annoying delays before some claw swipes but others will actually damage you before the claw touches your character in very hard and below - that was infuriating at times. Now everything is fast. If he's started a move, guard and you'll be fine.

A few have actually gotten easier to read, since they only use certain standing animations for certain attacks, and if they interrupt a move to go back to standing a certain way you can know exactly what's coming. Vol is especially guilty of this. If he's rearing his head there will be a fireball - usually two, sometimes three, and very rarely five (double, single, double).

The lack of consistent speeds and animations is what usually got me killed. Like Quartz using his double horn, with a virtually identical tell to his quad horn, yet one struck nearly instantly while the other was slow. If you time your just guard for one you can't time it for the other. Now everything is fast - everything has the same just guard timing.

In making things harder, Sega actually made it easier.

Sacrificial
Feb 11, 2014, 10:37 AM
Mizer's 3rd form also shows up more if the space around him is big enough

UnLucky
Feb 11, 2014, 10:42 AM
I don't notice any of the dragons doing anything different since they're always in chain stun.

Coatl
Feb 11, 2014, 10:52 AM
Cougar NX turns into possibly the hardest boss in the game.

Dnd
Feb 11, 2014, 11:02 AM
Persona pretty much OHKO's everything aside tanky chars with his rage mode sonic arrow, combined with typical lag from sega its extremely frustrating when he dies (exp pops up) and like 5 seconds later you get hit for 1.3k -_-

Hunar basically just hits alot harder and never stops attacking unless you flinch him - If you get hit you basically get chained to death as the window for healing is tiny.

Cougar NX is even more annoying then VH, which I didn't think possible. Its the only boss I skip when soloing SH everytime.

FacelessRed
Feb 11, 2014, 11:47 AM
Mizer's 3rd form also shows up more if the space around him is big enough

Mizer has a third form??? (seriously)

gigawuts
Feb 11, 2014, 11:52 AM
Yeah, he gets on all four legs and fires an omgwtf laser death ball. He's kind of slow when he does it. It used to be exclusive to tranzexia, but now mizer can do it too in super hard.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 11, 2014, 11:55 AM
apparently OHKO's aswell.

Tenlade
Feb 11, 2014, 12:49 PM
Hunar won't also immediately throw his sword after doing over end, and might do over end immediately after taking out his sword as well.

Emp
Feb 11, 2014, 12:51 PM
Things haven't changed that much. Game is still unbalanced, even more cause of Shunka. Tis why I myself am taking a break from the game for while. Balance issues and the overall quality of gameplay no matter what block u play on (pc or vita <- which generally shit to begin with(I've seen better on ship10 200s) are starting to annoying to me.

thematesV2
Feb 11, 2014, 01:44 PM
hahaha, someone is bitter for having invested hundreds of hours into a game that they believe is poor quality.

look, the game is balanced enough that we keep playing, and it's good enough quality that we keep playing. Sure, some things could be better for any style of game-play. At least it's not PSU western, where it takes 2 years to get an update.

take your break. go play something else for a while. if you get interested it's always free to come back and play some more. and just maybe, when you come back, it'll feel a bit refreshed (like the original guy said. "OMG THINGS HAVE CHANGED" haha)

Walkure
Feb 11, 2014, 02:05 PM
...Am I really the only person here who finds zeshrayda and vol dragon easier in super hard?It's a wash for me now. In a way, I find them easier, but not in the same way you do. Since both of them go to their secondary phases quicker (turtle phase and burrowing), which give them the widest openings for damage.

In their regular phases I just spam Symphonic on Vol's Crystals or Zesh's head at the moment. Zesh has, like, two attacks that can actually hit at that height, and Vol has almost nothing that can actually hit you.

jooozek
Feb 11, 2014, 02:26 PM
the game is as dripfeed as it always was, so nothing has changed, really

RedRaz0r
Feb 11, 2014, 02:38 PM
I'm just saying, in a f2p game, things always change. Especially things that cost money.

Zorafim
Feb 11, 2014, 04:13 PM
the game is as dripfeed as it always was, so nothing has changed, really

I'm replying more for anyone uneducated enough to think this statement means anything, but I'm pretty sure you don't know what dripfeed means.

jooozek
Feb 11, 2014, 11:56 PM
I'm replying more for anyone uneducated enough to think this statement means anything, but I'm pretty sure you don't know what dripfeed means.

if i played the game at your pace i wouldn't care about the dripfeed either, i'd also go ahead "OH BUT IM NOT AT LEVEL CAP AND THERE IS MUCH TO DO" but the sad truth is that you need roughly 100 hours to get a class to level cap and considering the game has ran already for 2 years in june it's actually kinda amazing not to have even 1 class at cap
also, if for you costumes are content, then i can only pat you on your shoulder and say "okay", but if you actually believe the game isn't reskins stars online 2 and gets totally new areas (not some reskinned shit) with some totally new enemies (not some reskinned shit), new quests (not some "okay collect some shit in 3rd area or kill natives or kill the boss) and new enemy trials (blablaba some shit which leads to kill x enemies anyway) then i can only shrug and just try to remember to not bother next time

Zorafim
Feb 12, 2014, 12:21 AM
That's great and all, but that's not what I meant. Yes, the game's lacking in content. Majorly. That's one of its biggest flaws. The reason I'm at such a low level is because there's nothing I want to do. If I did just EQs when I'm was free, I'd be capped in no time. But I can't even be bothered to do that because of how boring most of them are, or because I don't want the game running while I'm working on other stuff.

But, that's not dripfeed. That's just slow content creation. You can't fault me for dripfeeding my fanbase (all two of them) when I take a month to release new songs. That's just me being lazy or uninspired.

Dripfeed content, as defined by PSOW, is what they did in PSU. All information was released at once with the PSU installation disk, but we only got a few pieces of that because Sega wanted to emulate common MMO content release designs. The result was us getting year old content, instead of up to date stuff. You could easily fault them for that back then, because there's no reason to do all this work and just dangle it in front of our noses. Now, you can't really fault them for the same thing. But you can fault them for having very few interesting pieces of content, and instead putting their effort into outfits just because of their payment design.

If you say this game's on dripfeed, then you could probably say the exact same thing about any other MMO. They give us content slowly, because it takes time to make. Probably not as slowly as PSO2, but it's been months since there's been new stuff in WoW.

Sgt. Sharina Wize
Feb 12, 2014, 12:33 AM
Blu Ringahda and Nove Ringadarl LOOK AT THAT RANGE ON THOSE CYCLONES OF DEATH!:-o

MetalDude
Feb 12, 2014, 12:39 AM
I don't think it's slow content creation according to the road map. SHAQs are hardly something I'd qualify under content that actually takes time to develop (it's literally just a few number changes and item additions). New PAs and skills? Okay, but not any of this other shit.

Freshellent
Feb 12, 2014, 12:47 AM
If you say this game's on dripfeed, then you could probably say the exact same thing about any other MMO. They give us content slowly, because it takes time to make. Probably not as slowly as PSO2, but it's been months since there's been new stuff in WoW.

Don't say that, they hotfixed... uh- warriors. Again. You know we're too good of a class when we actually stand a chance against a mage. Gotta fix those shut-outs!

As much as I like some of the posters on here, there's just as many that I don't and I'm nearly positive most of them will miss this point by a mile.

This game is doing sort of okay considering what I expected. Hikikomori ways for this game aren't a good mix. I don't think any opinions would change about this subject even if people DID get what they wanted out of this game. It's always been a casual series that only rewards you with minimal amounts, every, single time. It's what you put into it on a personal level.

I'll take 2 more years of PSO2 is doing now over a fucking year of PSU, as much as I loved that game.

Zorafim
Feb 12, 2014, 12:48 AM
I don't think it's slow content creation according to the road map. SHAQs are hardly something I'd qualify under content that actually takes time to develop (it's literally just a few number changes and item additions). New PAs and skills? Okay, but not any of this other shit.

I'm... sorry, do you mean you do think it's slow content? Sounds like you do.

As much as I like some of the posters on here, there's just as many that I don't and I'm nearly positive most of them will miss this point by a mile.

Yeah, I'm not really expecting anything. I just felt like jumping in and yelling at someone, you know me. jooooo seemed like a good place to start.

Freshellent
Feb 12, 2014, 12:52 AM
I'll clear it up. I think it's perfectly paced so far. Any more would just be fatigue I think. I'm pretty happy with the speed things come out.

Rehal
Feb 12, 2014, 01:19 AM
Releasing AQ with SH difficulty sure take tremendous amount of works. It takes 5 months after we got SH difficulty for them to allow us play the first 3 AQ with SH difficulty.

MetalDude
Feb 12, 2014, 06:34 AM
I'm... sorry, do you mean you do think it's slow content? Sounds like you do.

No, I'm going off how you decided to define it:

They give us content slowly, because it takes time to make.

And I'm saying that barely any of what the road map lists falls under what would take any serious amount of effort to create. No new areas, no significant game changing content updates (sans crafting), no active attempts to balance the game (that are almost always relegated to side notes after every grand new fashion update is shown off). Again, PAs and new Skills are something that require a modicum of thought and work to put together alongside at least attempting to address what that weapon type or class is missing (although to hilarious effect pretty often) so I feel those pass at least.

Unless you mean intentionally slow to keep players on the line, which is precisely what dripfeed is.

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2014, 07:18 AM
I still don't have a single character at cap. My closest is probably 65/63 or around that.
But then, I have many characters with almost every class at around 60, so that's probably why.

I don't think cap has anything to do with anything.
There just isn't anything worth doing for fun.
For loot or getting stronger, yes. But that's about it.

The funny thing about crafting is they delayed it and still didn't get it right.
It's clearly incomplete, even though it's not a complex system to create.
I doubt they spent the entire two months working on it.

Ratazana
Feb 12, 2014, 07:32 AM
Well there is only so much free content the part time intern in the basement can create. The rest of the team is working on the next ac scratch.

Coatl
Feb 12, 2014, 10:35 AM
Well there is only so much free content the part time intern in the basement can create. The rest of the team is working on the next ac scratch.

Lmao.

Zorafim
Feb 12, 2014, 05:23 PM

I think I agree with this statement. Sega's doing what it can to get money out of this game. Otherwise, it'll sink. Unfortunately, that means putting more effort into the scratches. That leaves precious little resources into actual content.

Laxedrane
Feb 13, 2014, 07:35 AM
Oh I also realized when going back to very hard on a lower level class, that chrome/haze only spawns with darker parts already in Super hard. He also devours darkers consistently in super hard instead of once in awhile like he does before that.