PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 "Where’s the Chocolate 2", aka "Where're the Bosses 2"

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2014, 05:51 AM
They ought to name this "Where're the Bosses 2".
How many bosses did everyone see?
I did 3 runs and saw one boss.

Fortunately, that one boss was Burn Drall, so I won't have to do this anymore.

For your enjoyment, some select comments from the JP swiki page (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%81%E3%83%A7%E3%82%B3%E3%83%AC%E3% 83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%81%AE%E8%A1%8C%E6%96%B92):

クソつまんねえクソ緊急 - "Boring shit, boring emergency quest."
くっそまずい ボス沸かないしヴィスとかのユニ狙いも絶望だな - "Terribly shit, bosses don't spawn and getting the Vis units is hopeless."
くっそまずいんだけどこれ 昔のバレンタインのほうがよかったわ - "This is some terrible shit. The previous Valentine's was better."
つまんないつまんないつまんないつまんないつまんない - "boringboringboringboringboring"

Aine
Feb 12, 2014, 06:19 AM
Who cares if there are no bosses? NPC trials spawn frequently and you can shave off around 500k EXP.

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2014, 06:26 AM
Really? I had a tri-boost going and barely got any exp.
Well, okay then. I'll have to check it if I ever go again.

The_Brimada
Feb 12, 2014, 06:27 AM
I got Haze twice in the one run I did.

Kikikiki
Feb 12, 2014, 06:32 AM
I got 3 Burn Draals on a run today, but it doesn't even matter because the thing doesn't even drop a Lv16 Impact Slider disc.

Macman
Feb 12, 2014, 06:33 AM
Thought I scored big and got a Volcano Mace.
I should've known better when I tekked it to find it was a Shittore. This is PSO2 afterall.

But yeah, same shit, smaller map. Got my Xie done with it and I don't really feel a need to play it again. Between that and lv70 falz offering nothing new to the table (You really think he's going to have any significant drop boost over lv65?) this is just a lame month to play.

Kikikiki
Feb 12, 2014, 06:34 AM
Yes, let's discuss about Lv70 Falz here and forget about this EQ now.

Though what's there to discuss anyway.

MetalDude
Feb 12, 2014, 06:37 AM
Cool, was hoping this would be the place to finally pick up Impact Slider 16, but it's not sounding hopeful.

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2014, 06:58 AM
Probably still the best place to get Impact Slider 16.
I got Impact Slider 16 and SaFoie 16 from that one Burn Drall I saw, so I'm set.

The trials didn't spawn that often for me either.
Felt like we spent a lot of time running around with nothing happening.

jooozek
Feb 13, 2014, 11:01 AM
this gotta be the shittiest eq up to date, the first time i ran it we had no bursts and ended with only 2 minutes left on the clock (that's right, took 18 minutes to get enough etrials lol), the second time pretty much the same thing happened, just with 5 minutes to spare instead of 2
total exp from it running with 2 75% exp boosters was 200k

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2014, 11:03 AM
Who cares if there are no bosses? NPC trials spawn frequently and you can shave off around 500k EXP.

Some of us didn't get Impact Slider 16 from the 20+ burn draals we killed on rare enemy boost days, so we were kind of hoping to get it from this EQ within a remotely reasonable amount of time instead of having to run through a non-boosted caves free field (oh my god end the suffering).

Meanwhile I still haven't even seen it show up once.

Arksenth
Feb 13, 2014, 11:16 AM
I got three level 16 impact sliders from my first two Burn Draals.

Too bad I don't play RA. Dismantling time!

Walkure
Feb 13, 2014, 11:17 AM
Does it still have the theme music from last year? If so it's still best EQ.

Also, maybe I wasn't high enough level at the time to be in VH all the time, but I remember seeing a grand total of one burn draal while going through chocolate last year, and at most 2-3 Vols. So I'm not sure if there's a difference in boss rates aside from all the catadraans.

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2014, 11:18 AM
I got three level 16 impact sliders from my first two Burn Draals.

Too bad I don't play RA. Dismantling time!

I'd be more miffed if I didn't play gu/hu because of my 3 GMs.

Arksenth
Feb 13, 2014, 11:19 AM
I think it was about the same for boss spawn rate last year too. It's just we've had so much EQ creep especially with TD, that we expect something super special out of all EQs now. Like, remember when City and Forest were actually liked because it was a lot of XP and exclusive bosses?

It's funny how the only two 11*s I got were both lightning element Elysions when I play exactly TE/FI!

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2014, 11:23 AM
Well, the boss spawnrate wasn't that bad in the first valentines EQ. It wasn't close to the limited quest, and it was also a bit lower than white day I believe, but that's just the rate. Since we all burned through the regular codes so quickly we still would see tons of bosses as we ran through the loop a couple times. The rate may have been low, but finding something that wasn't a boss didn't really slow an MPA down. You just AOEed it and moved on.

You'd run into a code of some kind every second or third grid most of the time, sometimes every grid and sometimes every fourth or so. It wouldn't slow you down, so you pretty much just kept running after the forces dropped their soccerfield-size gibarta and killed everything.

So if people are saying they're going 18 minutes without a boss, and fairly few codes, either that's an exceptionally unlucky draw with a bad MPA and bad codes or they intentionally nerfed it hard.

Aine
Feb 13, 2014, 11:26 AM
Some of us didn't get Impact Slider 16 from the 20+ burn draals we killed on rare enemy boost days, so we were kind of hoping to get it from this EQ within a remotely reasonable amount of time instead of having to run through a non-boosted caves free field (oh my god end the suffering).

Yeah, but that doesn't make it a shit EQ, just an EQ where Burn doesn't spawn much.

If you're having trouble getting NPC trials to spawn it's probably because someone's left enemies alive somewhere, usually happens when people aren't sticking together in a random MPA. If you co-ordinate it properly NPCs appear every two blocks or so and the EXP is great because the spawns are so concentrated. But that was a problem with last year's EQ too.

Arksenth
That's weird because the six times I've run it, I got between 3 and 6 bosses for each run - so like, a boss every 2 to 4 minutes or so. Maybe it's just really RNGy

UnLucky
Back in my day, the only EQ was City, and you could go the whole hour (and they were a full hour long I tell you what) without seeing even a single Ragne.

And we liked it.

Walkure
Feb 13, 2014, 11:27 AM
I got an 11* from XQ shop, am I cool too?

TD *is* awesome, now they should schedule EQs so that I can do them without sacrificing sleep. West coast just ain't the best coast for this game at the moment.

pkemr4
Feb 13, 2014, 11:43 AM
i wish they could just give us only TD scheduled EQ's and the quna concerts are boosted TD instead of Boosted DF.

TaigaUC
Feb 13, 2014, 12:01 PM

I didn't see a single Burn Drall or Zoran Goran or whatever during the Rare Enemy Boost days.
Rare Enemy Boost is totally useless when the normal version doesn't even show up.

Haven't seen any rare Biblas during Rare Enemy Boost yet either.
I'm not even going to bother trying anymore.
"Rare Enemy Boost +100%" my butt.

Arksenth
Feb 13, 2014, 12:05 PM
A rare enemy boost day only doubles the chance, sheesh. It's like, if the rate is 1/100, cool! Now its 1/50.

I wish people would start understanding how probability works. Affixing is a big one for this. "All four were all 90% how did two fail!" just makes my eyes roll sometimes.

Kikikiki
Feb 13, 2014, 12:07 PM
Back in my day, the only EQ was City, and you could go the whole hour (and they were a full hour long I tell you what) without seeing even a single Ragne.

And we liked it.

Where is my cane.

UnLucky
Feb 13, 2014, 12:10 PM
A rare enemy boost day only doubles the chance, sheesh. It's like, if the rate is 1/100, cool! Now its 1/50.

I wish people would start understanding how probability works. Affixing is a big one for this. "All four were all 90% how did two fail!" just makes my eyes roll sometimes.

It was great getting three normal Chromes in a row during rare enemy boost in the LQ

Like not even changeover, just three separate spawns and none were Haze

I swear the regular one got boosted instead

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2014, 12:11 PM
It was great getting three normal Chromes in a row during rare enemy boost in the LQ

Like not even changeover, just three separate spawns and none were Haze

I swear the regular one got boosted instead

I was debating this actually.

Maybe the rare enemy boost rate is just a bonus to the least common version. I really couldn't decide if haze or chrome received the bonus in the LQ.

aphelion
Feb 13, 2014, 12:14 PM

And we liked it.

We loved it.

Arksenth
Feb 13, 2014, 12:17 PM
I was debating this actually.

Maybe the rare enemy boost rate is just a bonus to the least common version. I really couldn't decide if haze or chrome received the bonus in the LQ.

I know some JP players were complaining about having Chaotic Border Break on the boost day because it boosted the rates of Mask.

Also, a sample size of 3? Really, I suppose that debunks all probability forever!

UnLucky
Feb 13, 2014, 12:40 PM
Well I did it for the entire boost both times, and got a lot of other rare bosses but felt like Chrome/Haze was mostly the same as normal or worse.

It's just with how often Haze spawned normally, double appearance rate should make even two regular ones in a row pretty rare. Obviously not an exhaustive sampling, but maybe I'd record better data with a full day of the boost.

And Persona/Mask/Purple Sword Easy Man is the worst boss. His only purpose is to sabotage your run by force feeding you way too many quest points. If only you could somehow intentionally fail his code so something better could spawn. I'd telepipe while the MPA killed him, but I'd likely not even make it there before he died.

BIG OLAF
Feb 13, 2014, 01:08 PM
"Where's the Chocolate?" sounds like a bedroom game two men may play after a night of drinking and other assorted merriment.

Arksenth
Feb 13, 2014, 01:12 PM
"Where's the Chocolate?" sounds like a bedroom game two men may play after a night of drinking and other assorted merriment.

"THE CHOCOLATE IS INSIDE ME SOMEHOW"

"YOUR JOB IS TO FIND WHERE AND HOW"

Emp
Feb 13, 2014, 07:03 PM
Is the bingo reverse on bumped wrong? Seems like it is.

Shinamori
Feb 13, 2014, 07:21 PM
Better question is, where is my gotdang visbolt. Didn't they say we should be able to do the bingo in the EQ...
If this is true:
D-4 Clear Quarry Exploration S Rank Clear
on V. Hard or Higher
With Lisa only.

Then I'm boned. My 2nd character's ranger is like lv1.

SisterPrincess
Feb 13, 2014, 07:28 PM
Better question is, where is my gotdang visbolt. Didn't they say we should be able to do the bingo in the EQ...
If this is true:
D-4 Clear Quarry Exploration S Rank Clear
on V. Hard or Higher
With Lisa only.

Then I'm boned. My 2nd character's ranger is like lv1.

Uh, you should get her partner card at lvl 2 and finish her first 3 orders.

Emp
Feb 13, 2014, 07:32 PM
Anyone know where Teia is? I need her co for Bingo reverse :/

btw-Niji
Feb 13, 2014, 07:34 PM
Teia? The sister of Patty, right?

She should be near the center of the shopping area. You need to advance a little into the matter board for both of them to appear, though.

Emp
Feb 13, 2014, 07:35 PM
Teia? The sister of Patty, right?

She should be near the center of the shopping area. You need to advance a little into the matter board for both of them to appear, though.

I see her though but no list of cos appears when I talk to her.

MetalDude
Feb 13, 2014, 07:44 PM
Yeah, gotta progress the MB to 11 I believe and beat the side story quest with her to get those COs.

Shinamori
Feb 13, 2014, 07:44 PM
You need to do the Extra chapter. The Arks battle thing. At the start, you can choose who your partner is. That quest is rather long though.

Emp
Feb 13, 2014, 08:29 PM
Yeah, gotta progress the MB to 11 I believe and beat the side story quest with her to get those COs.

You need to do the Extra chapter. The Arks battle thing. At the start, you can choose who your partner is. That quest is rather long though.

I see. When I did that side story, I chose Oza or whatever. I guess I'll do it again. :/

Shinamori
Feb 13, 2014, 09:05 PM
Uh, you should get her partner card at lvl 2 and finish her first 3 orders.

You still need to do that quest on V.Hard. I'mma not gonna goign grind ranger to lv40 just for that.

Nevermind, I thought that the "V" in V.Caves stood for VH... I'm always just calling caves where, caves.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 13, 2014, 09:07 PM
3 runs, and not a single vol dragon at least. I do hope quartz is nearly as common as the NPC pairs come white day... :(

Emp
Feb 13, 2014, 09:14 PM
Anyone wanna give me a price check for those mags in the pso2 deluxe package? Idk if anyone's selling em.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2014, 09:30 PM
Wrong thread, but it's not out.

Emp
Feb 13, 2014, 09:36 PM
Wrong thread, but it's not out.

oh comes next month?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 13, 2014, 09:58 PM
oh comes next month?

march 20th

pkemr4
Feb 13, 2014, 10:25 PM
even the chance to spawn e-trials feels rather low... just barely manged to complete quest with like 30 secs left

TaigaUC
Feb 13, 2014, 10:42 PM
I'm waiting for the Rappy Heart camo price to drop, but it doesn't seem like people are selling many.
I guess rappies barely spawn in the valentine's EQ.
The price probably went down because they spawn a lot more in the Border Break mines EQ.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 13, 2014, 10:49 PM
Those ecode: unites can't changeover, can they?

Shinamori
Feb 13, 2014, 11:07 PM
They can. Also, the last EQ I just did wasn't bad. Got like 2 Gorons, 2 Zorons, 3 Burns and 2 Vols.

gigawuts
Feb 13, 2014, 11:16 PM
Yeah this EQ seems fine to me.

Shinamori
Feb 13, 2014, 11:48 PM
I wonder if they did a ninja fix. :V

Z-0
Feb 13, 2014, 11:51 PM
I doubt it, I got hardly any bosses during the last three runs I did, but not many bosses doesn't mean an EQ is bad, I'm not really following that logic.

I think it's a nice little EQ for the EXP it gives, and cake farming is always nice.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 14, 2014, 12:55 AM
I doubt it, I got hardly any bosses during the last three runs I did, but not many bosses doesn't mean an EQ is bad, I'm not really following that logic.

I think it's a nice little EQ for the EXP it gives, and cake farming is always nice.

Well if it wasn't for rare boss spam, then the EQ wouldn't be worth much else than another 'run around in circles and farm exp' EQ, which would be especially dissappointing if that were the fate of white day. If that were the case, people who don't need exp would do it as many times as bingo demands it, then write it off as a waste of a potential tower defense, which is now hailed as the moses of good EQs.

UnLucky
Feb 14, 2014, 01:03 AM
Every EQ is "run around and grind" but if it's code heavy then that exp doesn't get boosted by tickets.

If it's just exp, then all it means is (hopefully) a slightly more efficient free field grind, with at least a better chance of finding a full party. But that's what the LQ is for. Admittedly, AO doesn't have any dragonkin, so this fills that void at least.

But most trash mobs don't have good drops. So if there aren't many bosses, the exp is all it's good for. But DF would be much better for that as an EQ.

So it's bad.

Shinamori
Feb 14, 2014, 01:26 AM
There's a number of Kartagots that spawns in codes though.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 14, 2014, 01:31 AM
There's a number of Kartagots that spawns in codes though.

Not enough to write home about.

TaigaUC
Feb 14, 2014, 02:30 AM
Well, I think I said this before, but the three runs I did were all "run for a while, and sometimes a pack of dragonkin or a code to save NPCs spawns", usually consisting of Dragonkin or Prundaals.
It didn't seem good for exp, or drops, or anything.
The original valentine's was like that too, but I recall seeing a lot more bosses: Vols, Caterdralls, Ragnes.
Didn't see them this time. But then, I only remember seeing one Burn Drall last time too.

I have shitty luck though, so who knows.
JP people are also complaining of similar issues on the JP swiki.
Maybe SEGA did adjust it. Or like Arksenth said below, it's just shitty RNG.

It's already been established that the "bad for bosses" thing is if you're one of the many people who need any of those very important rank 16 discs.
But then, I guess you could just say "the game is bad for balance" for making us have to find the damn discs in the first place.

Arksenth
Feb 14, 2014, 02:32 AM
It seems really RNGy for sure. I just got one of the dreaded no-boss runs, and yeah, I see what people are complaining about now.

gigawuts
Feb 14, 2014, 09:06 AM

That's the point of most other EQs. I go into the 20 minute caves eq when I want exp.

The point of a temporary EQ should be something other than a bit more exp, especially when so many people are already capped.

Of course, almost every single boss I've seen in the eq has been rare, so it seems to have that going for it which satisfies that.

TaigaUC
Feb 14, 2014, 09:50 AM
Certain bosses are just assholes and rarely ever appear.
I think Burn Drall is one of the worst of those.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2014, 09:52 AM
Still haven't played the EQ at all but aren't people just to spoiled since like every new EQ after W&R has been absurd godly in terms of spawns and rares etc and thus calling a EQ that isn't doing this shit?

TaigaUC
Feb 14, 2014, 10:04 AM
Well, JP people are saying last year's Valentine's was better than this one.
So no, I don't think people are just spoiled.

And that's kinda irrelevant. It means the others are well-balanced and this one is lacking in that regard.

aphelion
Feb 14, 2014, 10:16 AM
The NPC spam, espeically Patty and Tea, is the most dangerous part of this mission. I can't see a damn thing. Send them back to B20 -_-

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2014, 10:18 AM
The NPC spam, espeically Patty and Tea, is the most dangerous part of this mission. I can't see a damn thing. Send them back to B20 -_-

Send them to my bed instead. And send Lottie and Io with them please.

gigawuts
Feb 14, 2014, 10:21 AM
Send them to my bed instead. And send Lottie and Io with them please.

http://i.imgur.com/b7ZWcrr.gif

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2014, 10:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/b7ZWcrr.gif

And that is?

gigawuts
Feb 14, 2014, 10:25 AM
And that is?

http://i.imgur.com/i77GAGp.jpg

Ce'Nedra
Feb 14, 2014, 10:26 AM
Stop scaring me ._.

Ezodagrom
Feb 14, 2014, 10:34 AM
Did like 6 runs of the EQ so far, saw 2 Burn Draals (finally got Impact Slider 16), 3 or 4 Catadraals, 2 Hazes, 1 Zoron, and 3 Alonagahdas.
Maybe I was just lucky, but the EQ didn't really seem bad boss wise.

TaigaUC
Feb 14, 2014, 10:49 AM
Grats.

Divulnigel
Feb 14, 2014, 10:58 AM
haze draal, burn draal, alongahda

Laxedrane
Feb 14, 2014, 11:22 AM
I've done 6 runs myself seen 2 hazes 1 chrome 3 falz hands 2 HQ chair 2 NQ chair and 1 catadraal.

I like the small map .

I also like to know why no one bewildered by the fact Ohza with marlu in what was suppose to be a female only quest>.> Did something happen with ohza in the story I don't know about?

aphelion
Feb 14, 2014, 11:26 AM
I also like to know why no one bewildered by the fact Ohza with marlu in what was suppose to be a female only quest>.> Did something happen with ohza in the story I don't know about?

Maybe he's loud and boisterous to hide the softer side he doesn't want anyone to know about :o

Shinamori
Feb 14, 2014, 11:43 AM
I've done 6 runs myself seen 2 hazes 1 chrome 3 falz hands 2 HQ chair 2 NQ chair and 1 catadraal.

I like the small map .

HQ Chair? NQ Chair?

Sandmind
Feb 14, 2014, 12:09 PM
HQ Chair? NQ Chair?

Goron Zorool I'd say. No clue where the nickname came from though.

Also Ohza showing up with Marlu in the EQ? He is still 100% male to my knowledge, but those blue tablets had been hinting at those two going to be together since the very start. Actually sound like the most valid npc code in the EQ to me.

Coatl
Feb 14, 2014, 01:14 PM

I like the small map .

It's story related, yeah.

strikerhunter
Feb 14, 2014, 01:27 PM
All I've seen from the EQ so far is cats, cats, cats, cats, cat draal, cats, and more cats and nothing else................then changeover duel to 3 more cats every time I see one. (enough with the cats already, they are annoying)

As for the Ohza thing, I think it was in MB 11? 12? whichever has the one with the ARKs tournament. (When he said he hated FOs and loved melee combat way way way back, it's pretty obvious that he is hiding a secret crush of some sort to whatever he was against) And this is how the TE class was made............

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 14, 2014, 01:54 PM
Still haven't played the EQ at all but aren't people just to spoiled since like every new EQ after W&R has been absurd godly in terms of spawns and rares etc and thus calling a EQ that isn't doing this shit?

If we wanted exp, falz would be better.

If we wanted drops, TD would be better.

If not for rare bosses, and bingo, this EQ would be redundant.

Also, as soon as PAs/techs are balanced before max lvl somewhat more linearly, people will stop being 'spoiled'.

Let's look at lvl15, then lvl16 impact slider, krienshclag, ride slasher, orchestra, quick march... you see where I'm going with this, right?

UnLucky
Feb 14, 2014, 01:59 PM
I would be totally fine with the max level PA balance fix if they at least normalized the 1 to (n-1) so new players don't need lv11 and lv16 discs to have PAs that exist in order to hunt lv20 versions

TaigaUC
Feb 14, 2014, 08:41 PM
Haha. "Chair".

It's kinda sad that Falz Arms+Elder is still the easiest and most consistent way to get EXP.
Lots of trash rare drops, mag food, and he usually drops high ranked discs.
He gives a generous amount of cash, too... around 100k in total.
Not to mention the pyroxene or whatever tokens that you can exchange for all sorts of goodies.

It kinda annoyed me when Kimura or whoever it was said on the live broadcast, "everyone's beloved Falz".
As if they don't know that everyone does Falz because nothing else is anywhere near as rewarding.
It's not that we like Falz, we just like getting tons and tons and tons of goodies.

If I try to think of equally rewarding stuff... Extreme quest during huge boosts comes to mind.
That was maybe a year ago now. Good EXP, money and decent drops.
Now it's maybe Tower Defense for EXP cubes, discs and crafting mats. The EXP there is so-so too.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 14, 2014, 09:23 PM
We really do need more things that are consistently, and noticeably rewarding. I'd like to give sega some credit and assume they know the lack of the aforementioned content is the reason people generally afk in the lobby until a hopefully rewarding EQ turns up.

I'd love to have more things I could work for that are worth the effort (like XQ stone farming, when all of the rewards were the best of the category), rather than just do tacos, then either afk in lobby, or subject myself to rng-masochism in quartz killing, or lvl16 rare disk hunting (which is part of the reason I wait around of EQs anyway, though that won't bring me any closer to sazan 16... brilliant PA balancing at work:argh:).

Well here's hoping we'll have something to do again with updated XQs/AQs. Those seriously feel like they should be excluded from SEGA's 'to dripfeed' list, since most player activity outside of leveling just dies without it.

KatsuraJun
Feb 14, 2014, 11:21 PM
Haha. "Chair".

It's kinda sad that Falz Arms+Elder is still the easiest and most consistent way to get EXP.
Lots of trash rare drops, mag food, and he usually drops high ranked discs.
He gives a generous amount of cash, too... around 100k in total.
Not to mention the pyroxene or whatever tokens that you can exchange for all sorts of goodies.

It kinda annoyed me when Kimura or whoever it was said on the live broadcast, "everyone's beloved Falz".
As if they don't know that everyone does Falz because nothing else is anywhere near as rewarding.
It's not that we like Falz, we just like getting tons and tons and tons of goodies.

If I try to think of equally rewarding stuff... Extreme quest during huge boosts comes to mind.
That was maybe a year ago now. Good EXP, money and decent drops.
Now it's maybe Tower Defense for EXP cubes, discs and crafting mats. The EXP there is so-so too.

Eh, I don't think Falz is the best for exp. Darker Den usually nets me an obscene amount of exp on top of clearing a few dozen client orders. I can get nearly a million exp just from 3 runs +COs alone.

As for XQs... I just hope they don't change the required materials. I still have 5 spellstones sitting here...

Z-0
Feb 14, 2014, 11:37 PM
Required materials are different, yes. That's already been confirmed by the teasers.

KatsuraJun
Feb 14, 2014, 11:41 PM
Required materials are different, yes. That's already been confirmed by the teasers.

Oh it is?

goddamnit all.

well I hope we can transfer them with catalysts then.

TaigaUC
Feb 14, 2014, 11:57 PM
I tried doing Darker Den for exp many times and barely got any.
It all depends on whether we get a decent burst or not.
Maybe 1 in 5 runs gets a decent burst.
I do all the orders as well, but they aren't consistent either because if the rare version spawns you can't complete the normal order, and vice versa.
And you can only do half of them once a week. Depending on schedule or random EQ occurrence, you can only do the daily orders once in two days.

That's why I said Falz is "reliable" for exp. Much higher chance of getting a consistently large amount.
Bursts are still better if you can get them consistently.
It's why people seem to prefer White Day above all.

I personally think Falz is also better paced. A boss battle, then a short rest.
Non-stop burst for over 10 minutes just feels boring and drains me.
I rarely feel like I'm making any kind of difference during a burst. It's just a mess.

KatsuraJun
Feb 15, 2014, 12:00 AM
I tried doing Darker Den for exp many times and barely got any.
It all depends on whether we get a decent burst or not.
Maybe 1 in 5 runs gets a decent burst.
I do all the orders as well, but they aren't consistent either because if the rare version spawns you can't complete the normal order, and vice versa.
And you can only do half of them once a week. Depending on schedule or random EQ occurrence, you can only do the daily orders once in two days.

That's why I said Falz is "reliable" for exp. Much higher chance of getting a consistently large amount.
Bursts are still better if you can get them consistently.
It's why people seem to prefer White Day above all.

Eh? I don't need a burst and I still get crazy xp, but that's just me I guess. It's more than Falz with or without a burst from my experience.

TaigaUC
Feb 15, 2014, 12:01 AM
What level and which difficulty? Using 75%+100% tickets?
From what I can recall, I was only getting around 200k exp from 2 or 3 Den runs.
There was one time where I had multiple super long bursts and I think it netted me almost a level of exp.

I guess I'll give it a try again next time.

gigawuts
Feb 15, 2014, 09:21 AM
Oh it is?

goddamnit all.

well I hope we can transfer them with catalysts then.

I doubt we'll get catalysts. This is the cycle of obsolescence: Make players jump nearly identical hoops for nearly identical items with larger numbers.

UnLucky
Feb 15, 2014, 09:54 AM
Catalysts are the main reason to do a full loop though, unless there's no good farming floor or it's not a 100% RDR event.

If there's no way to transfer old stones, I'll never even get to see most of the floors, especially if they ever extend them past 50

The whole system is terrible and they'll never change it

gigawuts
Feb 15, 2014, 09:56 AM
AFAIK it'll be floors 51+ that drop the new stones and new 11*s.

UnLucky
Feb 15, 2014, 10:22 AM
But like, the old clear reward would stay at 50, right? Or how would that work, you have to do 100 floors for a single catalyst? I thought they'd be at least somewhat separated

gigawuts
Feb 15, 2014, 10:26 AM
Either you still get that bonus for rolling through 1-50 consecutively, or it stays a full round trip reward and you have to reach the new cap just like how only leveling at the cap nets you excubes even when they raise the cap.

TaigaUC
Feb 15, 2014, 10:29 AM
I still haven't done anything with any of my XQ stones either.
Shitty.

UnLucky
Feb 15, 2014, 10:35 AM
Then that's even worse and the old outdated trash 11*s will be even harder to get

Which I can totally see Sega doing

gigawuts
Feb 15, 2014, 10:35 AM
I still haven't done anything with any of my XQ stones either.
Shitty.

They're good to change elements on second 11*s for element grinding something to 50.

I can't think of any other uses these days.

Then that's even worse and the old outdated trash 11*s will be even harder to get

Which I can totally see Sega doing

I'm sure they'll stay in the drop tables for bosses on higher levels.

UnLucky
Feb 15, 2014, 10:45 AM
Well I mean the trade-ins, since you effectively won't get catalysts

gigawuts
Feb 15, 2014, 10:56 AM
The new stones are referred to as "refined stones" by bumped, so considering that sounds like it's more of basically the same stones with a "Refined" prefix to differentiate them I can see a few ways they'll do this:
1. Catalysts are different for normal and refined stones - you still get normal catalysts at the 50th floor, you get refined catalysts on the 51+ loop (possibly only from rare spawns before they complete the 51+ loop, like with 1-50 used to be).
2. Catalysts are universal, a Refined Bloody Moon takes a Bloody Moon Catalyst plus a Refined <whatever> the same way a normal Bloody Moon takes a Bloody Moon Catalyst plus a normal <whatever>.
3. Catalysts are different for normal and refined stones as in #1, but they're always handed out at the current maximum XQ level.

KatsuraJun
Feb 15, 2014, 12:40 PM
What level and which difficulty? Using 75%+100% tickets?
From what I can recall, I was only getting around 200k exp from 2 or 3 Den runs.
There was one time where I had multiple super long bursts and I think it netted me almost a level of exp.

I guess I'll give it a try again next time.

Oh, forgot to answer. SH, and at 75% exp boost. Sometimes I have to pop two if the last run takes way too long but that's about it. Level, I don't think that affects exp does it? Though it was still netting me more than Falz at 64.

TaigaUC
Feb 15, 2014, 01:21 PM
There's the EXP penalty (if you're more than 11? levels below) and you get more EXP if you're closer to the enemy level (but require more to level up).

I also meant that I don't have enough XP stones to purchase anything worthwhile even though I've done a considerable amount of XQs since it was implemented.

TaigaUC
Feb 17, 2014, 10:02 PM
Well, I tried doing the quest again with a friend.
We had so few codes that we almost ran out of time.
Cleared 214/214 with literally a few seconds to spare.

Bosses we saw after spending about 45 minutes:
Caterdran x1 (died in a few seconds)
Goran Zoran x2 (non-rare, of course)
Haze Drall x2 (as if we needed anymore of him)

I think we netted around 300k exp, but not sure.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 17, 2014, 10:02 PM
My word this EQ... no bosses...

This just sucks... so much...

I have no idea how many times I've run this so far, but I've only seen 2 burn dralls (0 vol dragons), the occasional zoran grall, and i havent seen any caters for days, not like i care about those.

Worst part about this EQ is:

1- those ecode: unite never change over. People who say they do are mistaking 'attack' for 'unite' just because they both involve friendly npcs most likely.
2- bosses spawn in specific zones; D3 for vol, D4 for wolgada, C1/2 for goranzoran, A/B4 for carters, D2 (and maybe C1 as well) for chrome dragon. Only time I've ever seen these guys spawn anywhere else were from changeover codes from attack.

I'm really afraid that white day is going to suck ass compared to last year's when it comes to quartz dragons if they follow this shitty trend -_-

pkemr4
Feb 17, 2014, 10:24 PM

I have no idea how many times I've run this so far, but I've only seen 2 burn dralls (0 vol dragons), the occasional zoran grall, and i havent seen any caters for days, not like i care about those.

1- those ecode: unite never change over. People who say they do are mistaking 'attack' for 'unite' just because they both involve friendly npcs most likely.
2- bosses spawn in specific zones; D3 for vol, D4 for wolgada, C1/2 for goranzoran, A/B4 for carters, D2 (and maybe C1 as well) for chrome dragon. Only time I've ever seen these guys spawn anywhere else were from changeover codes from attack.

I'm really afraid that white day is going to suck ass compared to last year's when it comes to quartz dragons if they follow this shitty trend -_- cant wait to see them ruin beach EQ as the other seasonal EQ's as well. --

FroMoua
Feb 18, 2014, 12:38 AM
It's a really good EXP run, the bosses are there to help give that extra EXP. I've encountered usually 1 per run, if lucky two.

jooozek
Feb 18, 2014, 12:41 AM

I'm really afraid that white day is going to suck ass compared to last year's when it comes to quartz dragons if they follow this shitty trend -_-
dont know about those from this shit choco2 unites but the unites from LQ do actually change over, saw it happen plenty

TaigaUC
Feb 18, 2014, 01:45 AM
Did a second run. Both my friend and I got roughly 300k exp. Didn't use tickets though.
But it was hella boring. I hate PSO2 caves so much.
My friend and I both got nausea and a headache from that place.
There was a JP commenter on the swiki who was like, "been a while since I multipartied in the caves, and it's too damn dark!"

If I recall correctly, this time I saw:
Vol Dragon x1
Goran Zoran x2 or 3?
Zoran Gorall x2 (no NaZonde 16 of course)
Caterdrall x1

Meh. And yes, I'm also afraid they will screw up White Day.

EvilMag
Feb 18, 2014, 02:33 AM
Well I got my IS 16 so I have no reason to play this EQ again. Thank god

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 18, 2014, 03:08 AM

I still want copy disks in case of alt I'll never care about...

strikerhunter
Feb 18, 2014, 03:09 AM

I gotten my lv 16 IS on the 4th week after SH release so I never bother with the EQ except doing it once on every character for the bingo card.

UnLucky
Feb 18, 2014, 04:29 AM
Got three <lv11 Safoie discs from one Burn Draal, and three <lv11 Nazondes from one Moron Snorlax

At least I got some bingo done, but damn that was otherwise unrewarding

TaigaUC
Feb 18, 2014, 07:32 AM
I took my friend's character to a few more runs and still nothing.
Bleh. I kinda miss PSO1 Caves.

Nobody was doing Amduscia Caves EQ.
Doesn't Vol spawn a lot more often there?

Ce'Nedra
Feb 18, 2014, 07:43 AM
I only done this EQ 3 times now but I managed to get a Burn in every run I done so far. It's only 1 but better then nothing. Rare Goron spawned almost every run to. It is really just RNG I guess if you get bosses or not. I do notice Burn Draal spawns more likely from a change over in D2, that small dead end room in the top right of the map.

Trolled me yesterday with Safoie 15 ._. At least I got Kreissenslachg 16 :3

Kikikiki
Feb 18, 2014, 08:09 AM
http://puu.sh/70SMh.png

I beat the EQ.

Time to play RA/HU because fuck you it's badass.

gigawuts
Feb 18, 2014, 08:50 AM
I took my friend's character to a few more runs and still nothing.
Bleh. I kinda miss PSO1 Caves.

Nobody was doing Amduscia Caves EQ.
Doesn't Vol spawn a lot more often there?

I just miss the variety.

Yeah area 1 was ass, but area 2 was pretty nice if you muted the volume. Area 3 was passable, but only because lasers and lightning stuff.

And no, while the eq is hit and miss it will spawn burns a hell of a lot more than the normal caves EQ.

TaigaUC
Feb 18, 2014, 11:15 AM
Really? That's sad. Damn Vol. Thanks for clarifying that.

Yeah, the variation was great. I like how PSO1's caves area 1 had signs of mining and construction, instead of just being all bland rock and lava.
Area 2 was totally different from 1 too, and had a more "natural" or "cold" theme, with running water and such. So lovely.
I don't recall area 3 well. I think it had a kinda culverty-cavey-mossy feel.

Shinamori
Feb 19, 2014, 12:45 AM
Next round of "Where's the Chocolate 2?" will have 100% RDR EXP for boost.

Coatl
Feb 19, 2014, 01:31 PM
The visibolt bingo objective is extremely annoying. It doesen't even frequent in the EQ at all.

Any easier way to find the visibolt code for the bingo?

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2014, 01:33 PM
Grab a bud and run around in caves or floating continent free field. I also heard good things about some arks quests in area 1 (some quarry ones especially seem to be full of them, like soma).

BIG OLAF
Feb 19, 2014, 01:40 PM
I notice it a lot in Coast sometimes, too.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 19, 2014, 01:43 PM
Gimmie the chocolate.

http://i3.minus.com/ibxK5sw3144NiL.jpg

Sayara
Feb 19, 2014, 01:52 PM
I notice it a lot in Coast sometimes, too.

Ive gotten at least 5-6 times in one runing for the day.

Arksenth
Feb 19, 2014, 01:59 PM
I figured it was one of those things that would show up when you weren't hunting for it, and voila, I got it in a Chaotic Border Break EQ.

So meh, maybe it's not really worth stressing yourself over considering there's still so much time to finish the reverse side anyway.

Coatl
Feb 19, 2014, 02:18 PM
So meh, maybe it's not really worth stressing yourself over considering there's still so much time to finish the reverse side anyway.

I don't consider 12 days a lot of time. :/ really, there's not much more stressful than this.

Aussei
Feb 19, 2014, 08:00 PM
Lol. Stress... over PSO2? Chillax!

My personal experience... I only did the EQ once or twice, maybe three times? But I got some centipede guys, dragons.... Can't remember what else. I did notice however in one run it wasn't easy to find Emergency Codes. The quest failed before I even realized how much time was left. Nearing the end they started appearing but not enough to clear the quest, is this a mistake on SEGA's behalf? Or was it just bad luck?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 19, 2014, 09:22 PM
Gimmie the chocolate.

http://i3.minus.com/ibxK5sw3144NiL.jpg

You are a terrible person for making me remember that...:nono:

Aine
Feb 19, 2014, 10:20 PM
Soma quest Area 1 is the fastest way to find Visbolt, but the trial doesn't spawn if you're solo.

BIG OLAF
Feb 19, 2014, 11:27 PM
You are a terrible person for making me remember that...:nono:

Oh god I remember what that picture is from now.

:barf:

TaigaUC
Feb 20, 2014, 02:05 PM
Yeah, Soma area 1 spawns Visibolt all the time.