View Full Version : HP and PP boosters returning next scratch

EvilMag
Feb 17, 2014, 11:39 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=3097

Other things too. Anyone want to translate? :>

Z-0
Feb 17, 2014, 11:44 PM
1. HP / PP Boosters are back.
2. Apparently PP is sometimes not consumed when you use a Technique, so they need to fix it? (will need confirmation)
3. Some body paints (specifically, the long fishnet stockings) have incorrect lengths.
4. For Vardha and Falz, boost items will not drain time until the quest has properly started (when you're shown the quest goal).

edit: note that once the quest starts, boosts will still be consumed in the arks lobby / campship

BIG OLAF
Feb 18, 2014, 12:00 AM
edit: note that once the quest starts, boosts will still be consumed in the arks lobby / campship

Fuckin' ouch.

At least it's won't be when you're not in a quest, period.

Shinamori
Feb 18, 2014, 12:02 AM
Wow, lol. Well I don't see that as much of an issue if you don't afk in the lobby or campship.

UnLucky
Feb 18, 2014, 12:02 AM
Wonder which tech(s), or what caused PP not to be consumed.

And I love how they apologize for that. "We're so sorry you could cast for free, will fix ASAP guys, don't worry"

Ratazana
Feb 18, 2014, 12:04 AM
Lol this is hilarious

Good to see that they got the priorities right.

People want to spend money on the next scratch? Sure, let's give 'em boosters.

Stocking length isn't quite right, let's fix that (probably kmr's idea)

What? Balance? FUN?! Get out of here nub.

Aine
Feb 18, 2014, 12:05 AM
It says it happens due to the effect of certain skills, so maybe stacking PP save with a custom Zonde from a Psycho or Premicheros?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 18, 2014, 12:11 AM
Well shit, my prediction on the return of boosters was off then.

I guess they figure barely anyone is playing fo or te anyway, so they could just do power boost, shooting boost, then bring back HP, and PP in AC scratch.

Aine
Feb 18, 2014, 12:14 AM
They probably were going to have just tech boost in the next scratch, but everyone was complaining HP and PP were too expensive.

omegasereon
Feb 18, 2014, 12:16 AM
What are these boosters?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 18, 2014, 01:02 AM
They probably were going to have just tech boost in the next scratch, but everyone was complaining HP and PP were too expensive.

Not shocked there was alot of whining, but to think they'd totally deviate from that pattern they were most likely working themselves into.

What are these boosters?

Boosters that add an ability that increase stats.

Dnd
Feb 18, 2014, 01:08 AM

Really? that's their compromise? that honestly sucks and I'd much prefer the system we have now.. Also, I assume this applys to tower defence aswell, right?

MetalDude
Feb 18, 2014, 01:09 AM
They're AC items that can be used in an Add Ability process that adds Stamina/Spirita Boost to a weapon/unit. It's a popular choice usually used in conjunction with Soul/III/x to add more HP/PP to your equipment.

EDIT: Completely missed that there was a second page. At least my response was somewhat thorough.

Inazuma
Feb 18, 2014, 01:12 AM
Really glad they are fixing the problem with leechers during Dark Falz. What selfish players would do is wait in the campship for about a full minute before joining the battle against Elder, in order to conserve their boost tickets.

The last time I did Falz, I specifically checked for this during my 6 runs. On average there was usually one or two players who would do this in the 12 player MPA. Pretty shitty behavior. Good job on Sega for fixing it.

Natsu Nem
Feb 18, 2014, 01:16 AM
The BR and GU overlords get their affixing boosters. I really hope the tech boosters are in the next scratch. I've waited so long to be able to finally finish affixing my FO's stuff.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 18, 2014, 01:18 AM
The BR and GU overlords get their affixing boosters. I really hope the tech boosters are in the next scratch. I've waited so long to be able to finally finish affixing my FO's stuff.

Bow to your master!

Still though, it's funny to see they may push back the re-release of tech boosters for HP, PP boosts.
I swear the unpopularity of fo/te contributed to that choice along with the complaints.

Natsu Nem
Feb 18, 2014, 01:21 AM
My two former mains are GU and BR. Do I bow to them?

jooozek
Feb 18, 2014, 01:26 AM

are they for real
ARE THEY FOR REAL
talk about scum
segac how about instead of making people wait like idiots for 1 minute make a queue system instead and shove people into the quest instantly? consuming boosts already in lobby? they are fucking nuts
scumbags

TaigaUC
Feb 18, 2014, 01:49 AM
About time they're fixing that boost shit. JP people been complaining about players leeching for ages.
They ought to pause the timers at the start of all of those teleporter missions though.
I hate when nobody starts the teleporter for literally 5 minutes because nobody wants to use their ticket time.
Stupid boost ticket system.

Also amused they're fixing the fishnet stockings.
So it was a big enough deal after all.

Alma
Feb 18, 2014, 01:52 AM

I dont think there is any problem with this...

Unless they meant to make the boost timer go down in lobby without us taking any quest... now that one really low on sega part.

jooozek
Feb 18, 2014, 01:52 AM
I dont think there is any problem with this...

Unless they meant to make the boost timer go down in lobby without us taking any quest... now that one really low on sega part.
don't mind me while i keep resetting the teleporter

this shit system will penalise all players who don't get a full group right off the bat (oh, 3 players only waiting with you for that elder on campship? tough shit bro, we will take your boost nonetheless)
it's so damn moronic

Alma
Feb 18, 2014, 01:54 AM
Oh... :wacko:

Z-0
Feb 18, 2014, 02:02 AM
No, the change is that before you take the teleporter, boosts will not drain, as the quest has not started.

However, once the teleporter has been taken (thus, nobody can join and the quest has actually properly started), boosts will start to countdown, regardless of where you are (field, campship or lobby).

A quest has properly started when the banner comes up, telling you to do something (eg: Find the missing Arks! Defeat Dark Falz Elder!, or whatever)

This also does not apply to Tower Defense, whoever asked. Only Vardha, Normal Arms, Normal Falz, Boosted Arms and Boosted Falz are listed. Maybe they'll ninja it in, but I wouldn't count on it.

MetalDude
Feb 18, 2014, 02:11 AM
This also does not apply to Tower Defense, whoever asked. Only Vardha, Normal Arms, Normal Falz, Boosted Arms and Boosted Falz are listed. Maybe they'll ninja it in, but I wouldn't count on it.
Why would they... What, huh?

Sega.

TaigaUC
Feb 18, 2014, 02:18 AM
Still doesn't fix the problem of weirdos who enter the map and then stand there doing nothing for half an hour.
They're kinda like those creepy people who stand in the middle of empty fields, staring at the sky and waiting for an U.F.O. to abduct them.

Atmius
Feb 18, 2014, 02:20 AM
Realistically it should apply to every quest that has a teleporter at the start: den, mizer/cougar, varder, TD, falz arms/falz. As it currently is with falz, you can easily wipe out over a minute on a booster just from starting the teleporter thanks to the lag and the occasional bug where the teleporter doesn't actually start when the count finishes.

I wonder if this means that the booster timer will start counting down the moment you accept a non-listed quest (like free forest), regardless of where you are? I see people complaining about this update, and them changing it to be a hybrid of the two.

I also foresee people who do multiple falz checking for a RA, and simply leaving if there isn't one.

Z-0
Feb 18, 2014, 02:36 AM
Quests like Free Forest only start once someone in your party (not multiparty) jumps down.

Mysterious-G
Feb 18, 2014, 03:15 AM
Really people? That Falz/Vardha only should not be that hard to notice right? Right..?

A welcome fix imo. I never felt particulary victimized by leechers doing this, but it should fix the problem for those that do. Kudos SEGA.

UnLucky
Feb 18, 2014, 04:23 AM
Yeah that's cool how it won't work for TD, Tranmizer farm or XQs

At least I can still stay in the campship until the countdown stops :bday:

Unless they just mean "such as quests like Falz/Vardha" but I doubt it

jooozek
Feb 18, 2014, 04:33 AM
Really people? That Falz/Vardha only should not be that hard to notice right? Right..?

A welcome fix imo. I never felt particulary victimized by leechers doing this, but it should fix the problem for those that do. Kudos SEGA.

was it that hard for you to notice that the posts were done before Z-0 explained it fully? or didn't you notice it still?

Mysterious-G
Feb 18, 2014, 04:41 AM
was it that hard for you to notice that the posts were done before Z-0 explained it fully? or didn't you notice it still?

Excuse me?

4. For Vardha and Falz, boost items will not drain time until the quest has properly started (when you're shown the quest goal).

Try ctrl+f and type Vardha or Falz. That should have you see it hopefully.

jooozek
Feb 18, 2014, 04:46 AM
my bad then, i only read what Alma quoted

Mysterious-G
Feb 18, 2014, 04:50 AM
Apology accepted. I guess I'm just getting too wounded up by people's undying lack of will to read. I get when explanations are made in the middle of a thread, but that was the 2nd post. People should be able to see that. Or that's what I'd like to think at least. Would save us 1 or 2 pages discussing questions that have already been answered for most threads on here.

Coatl
Feb 18, 2014, 09:47 AM
Will the boost thing apply for Tower Defense too?

TaigaUC
Feb 18, 2014, 11:18 AM
Doot doot doot. Apparently not.

UnLucky
Feb 18, 2014, 03:11 PM
They'll definitely tick away in the campship/lobby after the teleporter pops.

But whether they also tick away before the countdown is unclear.

Laggy
Feb 18, 2014, 03:14 PM
They shouldn't, since you don't get the 'quest objectives' that pops up for the mission (i.e. Defeat Elder Falz!) until the teleporter goes off and everyone is teleported and the timer starts.

deahamlet
Feb 18, 2014, 06:21 PM
They shouldn't, since you don't get the 'quest objectives' that pops up for the mission (i.e. Defeat Elder Falz!) until the teleporter goes off and everyone is teleported and the timer starts.

I don't jump in right away anymore because I am sick and tired of seeing the same cut-scene. Not even caring about booster savings really.

This sounds like a decent change, at first I thought the boosters were going to keep ticking away after you're done with the raid all the time you're logged in. Was mad, but glad to hear I misread the news. I'm all for preventing people from jumping into wave 3 of tower defence and other crap (honestly, who even admits to being that much of a leech?!?!).

Asellus
Feb 18, 2014, 06:23 PM
Well shit, my prediction on the return of boosters was off then.

I guess they figure barely anyone is playing fo or te anyway, so they could just do power boost, shooting boost, then bring back HP, and PP in AC scratch.

I thought for sure we'd see tech boosts on the next round of scratch too. And thought holy shit, tech boosts for 1m! Hot dog! -Nope.

Asellus
Feb 18, 2014, 06:25 PM
Really glad they are fixing the problem with leechers during Dark Falz. What selfish players would do is wait in the campship for about a full minute before joining the battle against Elder, in order to conserve their boost tickets.

The last time I did Falz, I specifically checked for this during my 6 runs. On average there was usually one or two players who would do this in the 12 player MPA. Pretty shitty behavior. Good job on Sega for fixing it.

They're just going to camp in the robby.

Pugas87
Feb 18, 2014, 06:30 PM

Or they are still going to wait a minute into falz elder and then pop boosters. It's not like rare boosters will do much good against the arms anyway.

Doesn't seem like the right fix to me. Seems to only affect the people who have boosters running from other EQs.

Inazuma
Feb 18, 2014, 06:32 PM

That won't work. It will consume their boost tickets even in the lobby. The only way to conserve boost tickets will be to clear the quest asap, which means actually participating in the quest.

Shinamori
Feb 18, 2014, 06:41 PM
Or they are still going to wait a minute into falz elder and then pop boosters. It's not like rare boosters will do much good against the arms anyway.

Doesn't seem like the right fix to me. Seems to only affect the people who have boosters running from other EQs.

I pop my boosters when Elder has like 2 arms left.

jcart953
Feb 18, 2014, 06:53 PM
Personally I could care less if a couple people jump into tower defense at or before wave 3. As it really shouldn't slow down the mpa that much unless they suck. Lets face it rng and lag sucks and we all probably tried to maximize our booster as some point in our pso playtime. So if anything I think this is bad for us because the real issues still exist rng, lag and afk lechers.

Inazuma
Feb 18, 2014, 07:02 PM
I pop my boosters when Elder has like 2 arms left.

Do you use boost tickets on your main char? No matter when you time them, you will only get to do one Elder run.

If you want rares from Falz, you are supposed to raise alt chars and have THEM use the boost tickets. You never do any other quests with them, so you can get in about 6 Falz runs on the same ticket. There is a good chance the 250% boost tickets will come close to paying for themselves this way.

Shinamori
Feb 18, 2014, 07:13 PM
I only have two characters so I use boosters on both. Afterwards, I just waste the reset of my boosters in XQs or wait until a TD or another elder. The only time I don't use boosters on either character is if I need to do something with that character.

xxmadplayerxx
Feb 18, 2014, 07:30 PM
I remember mentioning in a thread that stocking up on an item to make meseta is a bad idea, hmm with the return of HP and PP Boosters will you have enough time to sell your bought stacked up PP and HP boosters before they go down in price? lol so funny should of listened to me if you did this. o well lesson learn't to whoever does that. :P that's how i learn't Sega is just to unpredictable nowdays.

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 07:36 PM
I remember mentioning in a thread that stocking up on an item to make meseta is a bad idea, hmm with the return of HP and PP Boosters will you have enough time to sell your bought stacked up PP and HP boosters before they go down in price? lol so funny should of listened to me if you did this. o well lesson learn't to whoever does that. :P that's how i learn't Sega is just to unpredictable nowdays.

I sold them weeks ago, days after I brought them, for a 32m profit.

=|

What lesson learned?

GoldenFalcon
Feb 18, 2014, 07:38 PM
I was thinking of stockpiling all of the Craft Tech Builders before the price jumps once people can trade them for a Builder 3

but then I realized that I'm poor and nobody cares

Asellus
Feb 18, 2014, 07:59 PM
I sold them weeks ago, days after I brought them, for a 32m profit.

=|

I bet you're really proud of that, because it takes so much forethought and critical thinking to buy and resell.

Z-0
Feb 18, 2014, 08:01 PM
It kind of does actually.

Asellus
Feb 18, 2014, 08:04 PM
It kind of does actually.

If one is a simpleton?

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 08:08 PM
I saw lazy meseta, I went for it.

NO REGRETS.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 18, 2014, 08:12 PM
I bet you're really proud of that, because it takes so much forethought and critical thinking to buy and resell.

Why do i sense sarcasm?

UnLucky
Feb 18, 2014, 08:23 PM
You just have to make sure it's something people want, and won't become worthless before you sell it.

Inazuma
Feb 18, 2014, 08:33 PM
You just have to make sure it's something people want, and won't become worthless before you sell it.

Easier said than done because at any random time, Sega could put out information that will instantly turn everything on its head. The few times I've tried to buy something to sell later it usually didn't work out.

Sega being random is one thing, but they also specifically target items that are expensive, in order to make them cheaper. When grinders got expensive, they kept adding more ways to get grinders until they became worthless. If Scratch items become expensive, they re-release them. If concert room items are rare and expensive, they release them again. If they get expensive again, they release them once more.

For the people who successfully buy and sell the right things at the right time, good for you. It's not nearly as easy as some people would like to think.

gigawuts
Feb 18, 2014, 08:39 PM
Slow the fuck down with your firsthand experience and cognitive faculties everyone; You should listen to that other guy who evidently has neither of those things because he disagrees with you due to reasons he didn't cite.

As he said, economics is a very easy thing. All you have to do is buy items that will be more valuable later, then sell them when they're valuable. Anyone can do it!

Shinamori
Feb 18, 2014, 08:45 PM

This so much. It took almost two months for me to sell my Till Traitor. ;_;

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 09:11 PM
To be fair, the PP/HP Boosts were kind of easy to foresee, though. I mean, everyone burns through those all the time, you remove the supply, bam.

If you're talking about AC Scratch tickets in the longer term, meh, even I never even bother.

gigawuts
Feb 18, 2014, 09:18 PM
if it's in the scratch and lolis want it, buy buy buy

then sell in a few months

xxmadplayerxx
Feb 18, 2014, 10:11 PM
Ok i see, you just have to time it right i guess, i bought around 40mil 300k each worth of Full grind protectors once, i held on to them for 2-3months, it was getting aggravating that i still had them and they where still in the AC scratch, My downfall was my paitence. Sold them on the 3rd month for 350k each so with tax i broke even, i didn't any profit, but i always ask my self do i really want to take that risk, but with sega's unpredictable actions toward AC Items i guess there is always RISK, ugh risk lol...

Ratazana
Feb 18, 2014, 10:23 PM
"Flying get" famitsu/dengeki or join kmr's team to know what to buy/sell.

Arksenth
Feb 18, 2014, 10:27 PM
<_< Why would you hold onto Full Grind Protectors for multiple rotations? They're a persistent scratch item and they've been that way for almost two years. I mean, maybe if you knew a stash of easily obtainable 11s items were coming up, or if you knew they would be getting removed from scratch, sure, might be worth the investment. But otherwise that's kind of boneheaded and lacking foresight.

Don't think it doesn't work for other people when you clearly failed at it by picking an item that was in constant supply.

UnLucky
Feb 18, 2014, 10:42 PM
Grind/Affix boosters go up during a Grind/Affix boost event, especially Affix+10%
Low level fodder do as well
But finished fodder go down

If you need Soul/Stat3/x or Soul/Stat3/Spirita3/x, or something to synth Ability3 with, buy it immediately after a +5/+10% boost event.

Of course, ticket prices steadily rise starting from the first announcement of such an event, so you gotta be quick or smart about it.

xxmadplayerxx
Feb 18, 2014, 10:53 PM
<_< Why would you hold onto Full Grind Protectors for multiple rotations? They're a persistent scratch item and they've been that way for almost two years. I mean, maybe if you knew a stash of easily obtainable 11s items were coming up, or if you knew they would be getting removed from scratch, sure, might be worth the investment. But otherwise that's kind of boneheaded and lacking foresight.

Don't think it doesn't work for other people when you clearly failed at it by picking an item that was in constant supply.

I held on to them through multiple rotations because i was hoping for a grind boost, usually grind boosts increase there value due to a high demand. I was new, a little trial and error helps learn. Also they where 700-800k the previous 10% Grind boost so i thought it was a good idea. that's over double the profit. Just a little tip for someone who decides to buy things for profit, you want to make BIG meseta? then wait for a grind boost. Just a tip for newbs^^ but yeah it doesn't work Arksenth so yeah told ya so

gigawuts
Feb 19, 2014, 12:25 AM
but yeah it doesn't work Arksenth so yeah told ya so

Everybody stop.

Stop right here.

Don't correct him.

We don't want competition.

Arksenth
Feb 19, 2014, 12:28 AM
And this is basically the reason why I'm swimming in meseta. Not because I'm good at economics, more because everyone else is a complete twit that I'm a genius by comparison.

UnLucky
Feb 19, 2014, 12:30 AM
Everyone has the same idea on how to make a quick buck, it's very predictable.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 19, 2014, 12:33 AM
Marketing 101.

Macman
Feb 19, 2014, 12:37 AM
Buy low, sell high.

Ratazana
Feb 19, 2014, 12:39 AM
There is nothing quick about visiphone online. People lack the patience to sit on something until the right time to sell comes.

Full risk prot? Special scratches don't have it, everyone runs nothing but that when it's available, full risk prot price doubles.

Punisher106
Feb 21, 2014, 03:27 PM
Forgive me if it's already been said, but it's safe to say the timer pauses after you head back to your ship after you complete the mission, correct?

Zenobia
Feb 21, 2014, 09:53 PM
You guys should know by now how random Sega is with putting things and releasing things back into the scratch or valor items. Reminds me of the time when Sega decided to give out those music instruments for those who attended the concert people spent mills on those things just have em. Then what does Sega do? They now add it as a coupon code on the music CD so now you could get that way.

Then they go ahead and add the same set to the fun scratch further reducing the price on those things down to nothing quick. I kinda lol'd off that really cause they screwed a lot of people doing that. Now they add the PP boost and all the others back to scratch wonder how many people bought out the market thinking they could hold onto those so they could re-sell for a high price.

Most of you should know how random Sega is at adding and removing things and I'm pretty sure with this the prices will reduce much more now cause people probably complained they didn't have much so they couldn't buy em so Sega is like here ya go.

MetalDude
Feb 21, 2014, 11:34 PM
Sega is unpredictable, yes, but HP/PP Boosters were never out of scratch until recently. It's not like S/R/T Boosters which disappeared and come back in rotation at different times. It'd be like removing 20% Grind/Affix boosters temporarily. It would make no sense at all.

Inazuma
Feb 21, 2014, 11:36 PM
Sega is unpredictable, yes, but HP/PP Boosters were never out of scratch until recently. It's not like S/R/T Boosters which disappeared and come back in rotation at different times. It'd be like removing 20% Grind/Affix boosters temporarily. It would make no sense at all.

*Implying that Sega does things that make sense*
-_-

Zenobia
Feb 22, 2014, 03:30 AM

I don't think I ever said they were out of rotation but I am pretty sure you're speaking in general. The thing is now if you are gonna get these get em now and don't try to wait either for em to go down in price. Who's to say they won't remove em.

MetalDude
Feb 22, 2014, 03:34 AM
Well now that they've actually taken them out once, yeah. I'm getting my business done as soon as it's feasible and that's that.