PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 [SOLVED] Issue launching game via English installer

ltjojo
Feb 20, 2014, 10:38 PM
Hello all,

It has been a while, the last time I was on these forums was when PSO Episode 1 and 2 came out for Xbox! Good to see this site is still around :)

Anyway, I downloaded and installed the English installer for PSO2. I went through and updated all of the files/patches and am ready to launch. However, when I launch the game through the launcher, it brings up this page: http://www.gameguard.co.kr/gameguard/faq/eng/FAQ_reinstall.htm

I have no idea why this keeps coming up. I tried moving the launcher into the PSO2 folder, but I get the same result. Has anyone ran into this issue before? I tried launching the game from the original link as well, but it crashed (granted, I didn't let it update any files). Any help would be awesome, I have been waiting to play this for a very long time and I am SO CLOSE haha

ltjojo
Feb 20, 2014, 11:04 PM
Never mind, I figured it out. In Tweaker there is an option to fix GameGuard, which fixed that error. The game them made my laptop reboot, but after setting the folder as trusted in AVG and set the pso2.exe to run as admin, I was able to log in.

Woot! Gonna go play now! User name will be Locarno, after my old PSO character from back in the day if you want to meet up online!