PDA

View Full Version : HD Trailer for White Day + Content

Shinamori
Feb 21, 2014, 08:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SafoPX3xaWg

Ugh, I think the eff'd white day. It's a cake sisters EQ now with 3/14 points.:-?

gigawuts
Feb 21, 2014, 08:27 AM
Wasn't it always a points eq?

And ha ha ha, look at those 1998 graphics on that fridge. Oh lordy.

Z-0
Feb 21, 2014, 08:30 AM
It always had 314 points, and the Area 1 looks exactly the same. Area 2 was SPA before, so there's no difference really.

All people are interested in, I assume, is if Quartz spawns a lot.

Also, I'd like to double check:

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20140305/03/
Here, is it saying that the new 11*s are still obtainable with the same spellstones as before? (in this case, Heart Key)

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20140305/08/
Level 1 PAs in the Photon Drop Shop? I'm assuming all non-rare PAs.
Not sure what the Excube update is, either (apart from Extreme Passes being in there).

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20140305/09/
Boost Tickets last for 120 minutes, boost enemies' rare drop rate increased, some change to Sabarta. 11* units aren't tradeable yet, only weapons.

* Don't take any of this as gospel, I don't think I translated half of it correctly.

Horo The Wise Wolf
Feb 21, 2014, 08:33 AM
*drools*

Ce'Nedra
Feb 21, 2014, 08:43 AM
HD Il "fucking meteor" Foie HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG.

I NEED THIS LV16 ASAP!

gigawuts
Feb 21, 2014, 08:48 AM
some change to Sabarta

Please let sabarta track like grants, pleeeeeeeeease.

Shinamori
Feb 21, 2014, 08:50 AM
It always had 314 points, and the Area 1 looks exactly the same. Area 2 was SPA before, so there's no difference really.

All people are interested in, I assume, is if Quartz spawns a lot.

Here, is it saying that the new 11*s are still obtainable with the same spellstones as before? (in this case, Heart Key)

Not sure what the Excube update is, either (apart from Extreme Passes being in there).

http://pso2.jp/players/update/20140305/09/
Boost Tickets last for 120 minutes, boost enemies' rare drop rate increased, some change to Sabarta. 11* units aren't tradeable yet, only weapons.

* Don't take any of this as gospel, I don't think I translated half of it correctly.

Huh, I thought it had 500 points...

Wait, so they'll be 120min instead of 30?

UnLucky
Feb 21, 2014, 08:53 AM
My kanji is really bad, but it says something about the target marker

BIG OLAF
Feb 21, 2014, 08:53 AM
Only Forest, Caves, and Desert SH AQs at first, huh? The painful dripfeed continues.

Also, I think it's cute how they blur out the number of EXcubes that pass takes to trade for.

All those "Il" spells will either be completely broken, or completely useless. I'm betting on the latter, judging by the video.

I'm more or less just waiting on a new area or something.

gigawuts
Feb 21, 2014, 08:56 AM
The excubes required 1 digit of cubes, and it looked thin, so it probably only requires 1 cube per pass.

That said, they've changed things like that from what's displayed in the trailer in the past so it could require anything when the update launches. And then they could even change it after the fact if it's something ridiculous like 50 cubes and players whine.

Ratazana
Feb 21, 2014, 08:57 AM
Sabarta will follow the target.

Being able to change message on online status like psu and rename skill trees is awesome.

Limbo_lag
Feb 21, 2014, 08:59 AM

I really hope this is true.

Ratazana
Feb 21, 2014, 09:04 AM
It also says that it will require more spellstones "but are totally worth it".

UnLucky
Feb 21, 2014, 09:06 AM
I'm still hoping they fix the power notation w.r.t. number of hits. But then that could spell a nerf for Rabarta.

KazukiQZ
Feb 21, 2014, 09:31 AM
Custom online status maybe can be used as custom character title, as example PSO-W name and the title below :D

These new PA/Tech (Il Foie, Shift Period and Facet Folia) are the things that grab my attention the most tho

Limbo_lag
Feb 21, 2014, 09:34 AM
It also says that it will require more spellstones "but are totally worth it".

Ugh. Inb4 8 tier 3 stones required. The potential better be worth it :/
EDIT: Oops. They already cost 5 ^^; Got my mental calculations wrong somewhere.

NoiseHERO
Feb 21, 2014, 09:55 AM
Gotta get 3D glasses and Final Mix Crowns then log back out.

Also are those weapon skins design to go with outfit sets? that's actually kinda clever, hm.

Ezodagrom
Feb 21, 2014, 10:38 AM
The roadmap has been updated also, mostly just mentioning more new PAs.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=roadmap

Late March:
- New PAs for sword, rifle and double saber.
- New ice and light technics.

Early April:
- New PAs for wired lance, knuckles and launcher.
- New dark technic.

Since they're spreading out the release of new PAs, I'm thinking that these new PAs may drop in the SH AQs, so, possibly tundra/tunnels/skyland SH AQs in late March and city/ruins/sanctum SH AQs in early April?

Also, wind tech and new PAs for katana and bow are missing from the roadmap, maybe these will be for future new AQs? (coast, quarry, seabed?)

KuroNeko77
Feb 21, 2014, 10:38 AM

You will be able to trade 6 Excubes for 1 Extreme Pass. As well, you can get 1 Excube from 500 pyroxenes.

There's more trade info available in a pdf that was posted by Dengeki Online (http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/807/807813/).

1 Photon Crystal => 1 New PA Disk Lv.1
100 of a given Pyroxene => 1 Greater Pyroxene of the same type
10 Advance Capsules a/b/c => 1 Advance Capsule d/e/f

Ce'Nedra
Feb 21, 2014, 10:41 AM
The roadmap has been updated also, mostly just mentioning more new PAs.
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?charid=roadmap

Late March:
- New PAs for sword, rifle and double saber.
- New ice and light technics.

Early April:
- New PAs for wired lance, knuckles and launcher.
- New dark technic.

Since they're spreading out the release of new PAs, I'm thinking that these new PAs may drop in the SH AQs, so, possibly tundra/tunnels/skyland SH AQs in late March and city/ruins/sanctum SH AQs in early April?

Also, wind tech and new PAs for katana and bow are missing from the roadmap, maybe these will be for future new AQs? (coast, quarry, seabed?)

Seems reasonable enough and pretty much confirms my predictions I told you about a few days ago.

I hope they hurry with adding the last 3 maps to AQ ;~;

Emp
Feb 21, 2014, 11:55 AM
I really like that IruZonde. Hopefully it allows you to move through a whole mob, instead of single target.

Zyrusticae
Feb 21, 2014, 12:50 PM
Dat TMG PA

Dat Twin Dagger PA

Dat IlFoie

It's a shame the balance is always off and these will probably end up being spammed to the exclusion of other PAs again (unless they suck). One of these days they've got to do a proper action combo system instead of this half-assed "custom combo" shit...

Also black sclera eye texture? YES PLZ

Enforcer MKV
Feb 21, 2014, 01:55 PM
Those Caseal legs. *w*

Is my search finally over!?

*Cue dramatic music*

Edit: Also, solid black stockings. Cool.

BIG OLAF
Feb 21, 2014, 01:58 PM
Those Caseal legs. *w*

Is my search finally over!?

*Cue dramatic music*

That outfit was a one-piece in PSP2i, so I'm not sure if it'll be separate pieces in this game.

That set would look really terrible if it was separated, honestly.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 21, 2014, 02:07 PM
That outfit was a one-piece in PSP2i, so I'm not sure if it'll be separate pieces in this game.

That set would look really terrible if it was separated, honestly.

Eh, we'll see. I'm honestly hoping they divide them up. There's not much bad that could happen. Besides, experimenting to see what works together is fun.

jooozek
Feb 21, 2014, 02:11 PM
You will be able to trade 6 Excubes for 1 Extreme Pass. As well, you can get 1 Excube from 500 pyroxenes.
are they for real, like, 6 excubes (or 3000 pyroxene stones, lol) for 1 pass? really now? REALLY?
that's not even sweatshopping, that's like massive slavery

Dia79
Feb 21, 2014, 02:32 PM
Boost items of the same name can have their effects stacked for 120 minutes……not sure this is right... it sounds like if i have 2x 250% boosters and use em both at same time i have a 500% rate drop for 120 minutes to me which is kinda sweet but also impossible :P

WBMike
Feb 21, 2014, 02:40 PM
Boost items of the same name can have their effects stacked for 120 minutes……not sure this is right... it sounds like if i have 2x 250% boosters and use em both at same time i have a 500% rate drop for 120 minutes to me which is kinda sweet but also impossible :P

Sorry, poor word choice on my part, I've changed it to say "... effective times stacked" to remove that implication.

Dia79
Feb 21, 2014, 02:43 PM
Sorry, poor word choice on my part, I've changed it to say "... effective times stacked" to remove that implication.

thats cool , we will still gain an hour like that right?

jooozek
Feb 21, 2014, 02:51 PM
thats cool , we will still gain an hour like that right?

the time stacks up to 120 minutes from my understanding, each ticket should be still 30 minutes only

dr apocalipsis
Feb 21, 2014, 02:56 PM
More storage rental instead of storage increase. Not even for premium.

GJ sega.

Dia79
Feb 21, 2014, 02:58 PM
the time stacks up to 120 minutes from my understanding, each ticket should be still 30 minutes only

"Doh"

GuardianGirth
Feb 21, 2014, 03:09 PM
I wanna make it rain meteors.

Edson Drake
Feb 21, 2014, 03:15 PM
Meteor was my favourite spell in Diablo 2, so you can see that I am very happy seeing it in PSO2.

I hope it becomes as good as Shunka Shunran and Force becomes the new Braver.

A man can dream...

yoshiblue
Feb 21, 2014, 03:25 PM
Done are the days of a space cowboy. He now becomes a 7/11 cashier. Dat Team room, dem PAs. *InB4Sephiroths*

Emp
Feb 21, 2014, 04:21 PM
I hate 7/11 management

Tenlade
Feb 21, 2014, 04:54 PM
No Slurpee machines, This is the worst 7/11 on the entire ARKS ships.

Macman
Feb 21, 2014, 07:14 PM
Oh FUCK that! I swear Sega watches my bank specifically since I just NPC'd like 2000 ruins stones a couple weeks ago.

6 cubes?! What a ripoff.

kazuuya
Feb 21, 2014, 08:14 PM
I'm really pumped for this scratch, they have my favourite Infinity costume in it after all. I just love the Kamui Fubi. (The male Newman costume.) Gotta go fast and get my Newman to level 50 then.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 21, 2014, 09:52 PM
do you know if that SH AQ will give pyroxenes for the new katana? Cuz im begging to get my first 10 star katana after level capping my braver... katanas just never drop in this game cuz sega knows how OP braver is.... and i seriously hope the new katana is a ten star, otherwise it will be a pain to grind.

TehblackUchiha
Feb 21, 2014, 10:03 PM
the supercharged pyroxene weapons stay 10*s according to bumped. Unfortunatley for you the pyroxene katana is most likely diez liu (the coast blue katana) which is already a 10*. Also coast, quarry and seabed aq's seem like they will most likely be released last.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 21, 2014, 10:44 PM
the supercharged pyroxene weapons stay 10*s according to bumped. Unfortunatley for you the pyroxene katana is most likely diez liu (the coast blue katana) which is already a 10*. Also coast, quarry and seabed aq's seem like they will most likely be released last.

..... why.... why....WHY SEGA WHY YOU HAFTA MAKE ME STAY ON PSO2 24/7!!!!! i might just hafta quit being braver and start using my dio fether edge as a fighter :'(

TehblackUchiha
Feb 21, 2014, 11:04 PM
if u won't get a trading pass then a good alternative is getting a 9* kalicizma and crafting it (or using it raw). crafting seems decent if you have a dex mag from what i've seen. Also fighter is a good dps class to play, it's still my favorite class in the game despite braver being so op compared to it.

Xaelouse
Feb 21, 2014, 11:44 PM
facet folia - vertical coverage out the ass, I bet. Mobbing PA that covers sarabande's weakness
regenschlag - gap closer, gets you in range to spam kreisenschlag to full-stop
shift period - only PA that looks redundant to me. what will it have over heel stomp I wonder

LonelyGaruga
Feb 22, 2014, 01:13 AM
Shift Period regens PP with each hit from the looks of it. By the time the Gunner finishes his PP is back to full from using it. It also doesn't require a charge (big), has immediate 360 range (which Heel Stab can't quite provide), and doesn't require the subpar kicks that lead up to the gun spray on Heel Stab. If anything, Regenschlag is the most useless looking PA of the bunch, judging from just the animation. It's slow, appears to have poor range, and unless it packs absurd damage, is going to lack a purpose completely, being outclassed by other weapons. It even looks like it can only viably target a single enemy.

Under these assumptions, it's useless for Hunter/Fighter/Braver because, at the range it covers, they have PAs that will do more damage faster and safer, and off a stat they're better suited for in the case of the former two. For Ranger, they already have incredibly good single target damage, and a close range move like Regenschlag is pointless. Gunner is in a similar boat, but where Ranger doesn't need the poor range on Regenschlag, Gunner already completely outclasses the damage it would provide at the ranges it works at. For Force/Techer, a Gunslash should almost exclusively be used for PP regen if you're attacking with it.

Of course, Regenschlag could be poorly represented here. Sega pulls that all the time. So this is just guessing on my end. But I can definitely say that using it as a gap closer to spam Kreisenschlag is a terrible use. Regenschlag might not be bad, but Kreisenschlag really doesn't have much value.

MetalDude
Feb 22, 2014, 01:24 AM
Shift Period regens PP with each hit from the looks of it. By the time the Gunner finishes his PP is back to full from using it.
He could possibly be /RA with Killing Bonus.

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2014, 01:52 AM
Can't wait to put only Il Foie on all my bots.
A party full of Il Foie bots should be lots of fun.

Angelo
Feb 22, 2014, 06:24 AM
So why is no one talking about the whole "relaxed xp after 45" thing? Is it going to be like last time where our level was bumped up to the xp requirement? That seems like a pretty big deal.

Edson Drake
Feb 22, 2014, 08:00 AM
So why is no one talking about the whole "relaxed xp after 45" thing? Is it going to be like last time where our level was bumped up to the xp requirement? That seems like a pretty big deal.

It is, but I guess most of us already have the desired classes at 65, so it is pointless. But this is without a doubt a good thing, regardless of how little the improvement is. Less grind is always a good thing.

Macman
Feb 22, 2014, 08:15 AM
If it somehow gives me a bunch of cubes because all my classes are 65 already, then good on me.

45-50 is a hell of a slog anyway so good on anyone in that range, too.

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2014, 08:20 AM
What exactly does "level was bumped up to the xp requirement" mean?

For example:
Say, if level 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 are all reduced by 1 million EXP each.
That would be 5 million extra EXP.
If I'm level 60, does that 5 million extra EXP get added onto what I currently have?
So I would end up becoming around level 63?

Or does it not work that way?

Aine
Feb 22, 2014, 08:22 AM
They're slicing off about 5 million from the total required EXP to max level, so if you're around level 62 you'll get bumped up to 65. Presumably everyone above 62 gets excubes like last time.

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2014, 08:26 AM
Really? That's very nice then.
A retroactive boost, unlike the shitty PA balancing.

Now I won't have to painfully slog through levelling my Fos and Tes.
They're all stuck around 60-62.

Shinamori
Feb 22, 2014, 08:46 AM
So, what if you're around 48~50?

Atmius
Feb 22, 2014, 08:48 AM

It depends entirely on how they handle it. If it's like previously when they raised the level cap to 41, when the update is applied (and lets say you're level 65) you'll be at like, -5.5m exp to next excubes. Kill anything, get as many excubes as that exp would give you levels.

If it does work like that, I predict the next level cap raise to be 75, not 70, because a good portion of people will likely leave the negative exp on the classes they hate playing/levelling (like fo/te/ra/hu) which would almost instantly recap them if they pre-levelled them in advance and the cap was raised to 70.

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2014, 08:56 AM
Now I can't wait to have most of my characters and most of their classes suddenly hit level cap.
Got so many stuck around 62.

UnLucky
Feb 22, 2014, 09:03 AM
All I want is a 3rd +5SP CO :<

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2014, 09:10 AM
I thought we would get one at 65, but alas.

At least SaBarta will cease being f'kn worthless.
I can't believe it took them, what, a YEAR to fix such a simple thing. Has it been that long?
They probably spent the entire year trying to find the SaBarta homing code. I'd imagine their code is just that messy.
Either that or they gave up and had someone completely rewrite the entire thing, which took a year.

Perhaps Gigawuts is right and they lost the entire game's source code.
Every time they have to make a minor change, they have to recode the entire game!

UnLucky
Feb 22, 2014, 09:23 AM
It'll still be weaker than Gi/Rabarta, but at least it gives a pure Ice Fo/Fi something to more or less reliably hit a single target.

I wonder if they'll change it to go through walls, too.

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2014, 09:38 AM
Yes, maybe now an ice FO can use something other than namegid for precision hits.

Atmius
Feb 22, 2014, 09:53 AM
Yes, maybe now an ice FO can use something other than namegid for precision hits.

You mean grants, right? Namegid can still miss your lock and hit the wrong target (particularly noticible on banther/banshee).

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2014, 09:58 AM
You mean grants, right? Namegid can still miss your lock and hit the wrong target (particularly noticible on banther/banshee).

Between having a fire tree, and having 5 points in flame tech charge S, I use fire techs against things weak to fire, so no I don't mean that.

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2014, 11:48 AM
I don't understand the point of target lock if it's incapable of reliably hitting what it's locked onto.
Someone should pass that on to SEGA.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 12:04 PM
All I want is a 3rd +5SP CO :<

Why not force sega to rebalance the trees rather than giving you 5 more sp. It will last them longer. :P

Sooner or later they will have to do it, even Blizzard stopped running from doing it.

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2014, 12:06 PM
Why not force sega to rebalance the trees rather than giving you 5 more sp. It will last them longer. :P

Sooner or later they will have to do it, even Blizzard stopped running from doing it.

You underestimate Sega's ability to completely ignore the elephant in the room.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 12:12 PM
No, I know they will but it's gonna slap them and they can't run from it. Sonic Team has nothing on Blizzard on that skill of avoiding elephants in the room.

So I will ping them and watch them fumble until they reach it. Much more entertaining than just bitching over incompetence.

UnLucky
Feb 22, 2014, 12:19 PM
They won't rebalance the trees because they're afraid of ruining the balance of the game.

Atmius
Feb 22, 2014, 12:30 PM
Between having a fire tree, and having 5 points in flame tech charge S, I use fire techs against things weak to fire, so no I don't mean that.

Well you were talking about precision hits (particularly those usable by ice tree fo's), not fire techs. Grants is the only move that fits the bill of "precision hit" since it always tracks to hit its target, regardless of how fast it's moving at the time.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 12:39 PM
They won't rebalance the trees because they're afraid of ruining the balance of the game.

Adding too much points into trees without thought and just adding new abilities will ruin the balance of the game in the long run. It will become an issue with the rate of additions they can't account for all the changes they do in the long run without some rebalancing and redesigning

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2014, 12:47 PM
Of course it'll ruin the game in the long run, but I promise you they're very much of the "scratch is making a shitton of money - don't touch anything" frame of mind.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 12:56 PM
Scratch will make that regardless until people feel duped after a certain point and it drops or whales pick it up.

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2014, 01:17 PM
The Corporate Bureaucracy: But it makes money now so why change it?

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 01:40 PM
Sometimes they fall into the sunk cost fallacy and they lose money. The game of not losing rather than gaining.
Also that will only work so long then they will have to change it. A smarter thing to do is be prepared for when it does.

LonelyGaruga
Feb 22, 2014, 05:55 PM
He could possibly be /RA with Killing Bonus.

Rewatched the video, that was exactly it. Disappointing.

Looking at Ilfoie more closely, it hits for 14K. Even considering that the actual stats on the Force are unknown, I think that kind of damage and range would make it safe to assume that it would be very potent in TD. Talis Zondeel + Ilfoie should be fun if the charge isn't too bad. The time delay on the actual meteor strike does concern me though, if it takes longer to hit than Zondeel lasts then it's a lot less valuable. The range looks like it might hit enemies that move a little after Zondeel ends at least.

I was really expecting a new wind tech to be released, since, between the three SH AQs, VC and Desert match up with the techs coming up. With a new wind tech for Forest, it'd be one PA and one tech for each area, assuming they drop in the SH AQs. Guess that's not what Sega had in mind.

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2014, 06:23 PM
I thought it was amusing how Bumped described (translated?) the new attacks as "adding variety to your playstyle".
If anything, it's usually "completely replace your playstyle with a single new attack".