PDA

View Full Version : TD RAGE

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 21, 2014, 09:26 PM
is it normal to only have around 4000 points at the end of TD? cuz i always feel like my parties suck and half of them dont pay attention to whats going on.... one base will always fall into half health before hitting 5th wave. This seriously sucks, cuz i also get no drops even with a 250% boost.... Idk just curious, i hate how we also have to log in even earlier now due to Quna's concert... otherwise there is no space in the blocks, i always end up in the last SH block with open space.... I'm on ship 7 and i often end up catching block 210 or some other block in the 200's , any reccomendations?

btw-Niji
Feb 21, 2014, 09:32 PM
It's very normal to have less points than that, yes.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 21, 2014, 09:36 PM
and the only thing i've ever gotten with 250% rare boosts so far from TD (i dont miss many td's) is 2 kougongins, 2 dalvada swords, 6 acidase t. machine guns, a gigas spinner wired lance, 4 brute gifts, and a bunch of nega photon units, is that any good? or normal at least? Because i have my suspiciouns that sega gives a really latent boost in drops for premium users while freemium user drops are nerfed... and not just that, (correct me if im wrong), for freemium users, the class and weapon you use in teh game will drop much less than the weapon you need (i know it sounds like me bitching and saying that god just hates me, but seriously man, this rng is killing me, i feel like im gonna be stuck with a dio sigalga for the rest of my life). The reason why i say this is because my frend who is a force is stuck with a 9 star rod and has been begging the rng to give him something better... ironically i have 10 elder rods in my inventory, 5 yede clubs, a trillion 10 star talises like the Miyabisen and several Liewen Books... while he has a lambda kalicisma... unfortunately we cant trade.... this is just so sad

Dnd
Feb 21, 2014, 10:04 PM
Premium users pretty much only get a 20-25% rdr boost over free users because the premium only drinks always give a rare drop rate up (large) bonus (even then it applys to afew EX drinks?)

In most TD's that I take part in nowdays, its pretty common to have 2.5k - 4k points. People tend to hit 3.5k maybe at the last wave and stop collecting them.

Having bases below 80% will effect drop-rates (its on the wiki), if your constantly b/c ranking your drops will be alot lower then an s-rank run on average. (I've had 19 10*s over 3 s-rank runs on 450% boost before. and had 2 from 3 350% s-rank runs. yet 6 on 2 b-rank 250%s)

RNG kills pretty much everyone on pso2, you have options to buffer it with premium and passes, but thats segas way of trying to force people to pay to get what they really want. To be fair, the top-end 9*s are pretty powerful, or just sink meseta into the craft system to get a max level extended weapon. You have options even as a free user.

About the class + rare things, It seems that way to me aswell. I've had countless Force/Ranger rares before melee (which i play pretty much all the time aside TD and when im lazy on tacos). took my 6th 11* drop to be melee based and not force/ranger lol.

Just hang in there, you'll get what your after sooner or later, that's how pso2 works

Gama
Feb 21, 2014, 10:17 PM
yeah, and support isnt acounted. lol

ill save ppl with resta and removing mobs out of them and i dont get credit for that point wise.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 21, 2014, 10:18 PM
Premium users pretty much only get a 20-25% rdr boost over free users because the premium only drinks always give a rare drop rate up (large) bonus (even then it applys to afew EX drinks?)

In most TD's that I take part in nowdays, its pretty common to have 2.5k - 4k points. People tend to hit 3.5k maybe at the last wave and stop collecting them.

Having bases below 80% will effect drop-rates (its on the wiki), if your constantly b/c ranking your drops will be alot lower then an s-rank run on average. (I've had 19 10*s over 3 s-rank runs on 450% boost before. and had 2 from 3 350% s-rank runs. yet 6 on 2 b-rank 250%s)

RNG kills pretty much everyone on pso2, you have options to buffer it with premium and passes, but thats segas way of trying to force people to pay to get what they really want. To be fair, the top-end 9*s are pretty powerful, or just sink meseta into the craft system to get a max level extended weapon. You have options even as a free user.

About the class + rare things, It seems that way to me aswell. I've had countless Force/Ranger rares before melee (which i play pretty much all the time aside TD and when im lazy on tacos). took my 6th 11* drop to be melee based and not force/ranger lol.

Just hang in there, you'll get what your after sooner or later, that's how pso2 works

Yeap, thanks for the info and encouragement... unfortunately im not yet old enough to get premium for myself, so its not cuz im being stupidly stubborn on not becoming premium. Yea so i think i might just have to make another character that uses rods 24/7 and i might just get a beloved agito or dio lacruico :3

deahamlet
Feb 21, 2014, 10:19 PM
Yeap, thanks for the info and encouragement... unfortunately im not yet old enough to get premium for myself, so its not cuz im being stupidly stubborn on not becoming premium. Yea so i think i might just have to make another character that uses rods 24/7 and i might just get a beloved agito or dio lacruico :3

Don't bet on it. My force gets 10* katana and bow but never any 11-12*.

Edson Drake
Feb 21, 2014, 10:20 PM
Also, try to get on higher blocks, like B10/11/12 if you can(and are on ship 2). Those are where the "veterans" usually afk a lot, get on a game with them and most certainly you will get an S rank. Anything lower than that is a waste of time to be frank.

I wish there wasn't scheduled EQs, because it's really hard to get a good spot because of this. People know the good blocks and will park their characters there even if they won't play, just waiting for the EQ. It should be a mix of good/bad players instead of good/good, bad/bad on the blocks, but I digress.

As a general rule, I never spend any rare booster if I'm not on B10/11/12.

Gama
Feb 21, 2014, 10:22 PM
Also, try to get on higher blocks, like B10/11/12 if you can(and are on ship 2). Those are where the "veterans" usually afk a lot, get on a game with them and most certainly you will get an S rank. Anything lower than that is a waste of time to be frank.

I wish there wasn't scheduled EQs, because it's really hard to get a good spot because of this. People know the good blocks and will park their characters there even if they won't play, just waiting for the EQ. It should be a mix of good/bad players instead of good/good, bad/bad on the blocks, but I digress.

As a general rule, I never spend any rare booster if I'm not on B10/11/12.

kinda makes me wonder if 'im a veteran or not.

how do you tell?

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 21, 2014, 10:28 PM
Don't bet on it. My force gets 10* katana and bow but never any 11-12*.

i'll be fine with a 10 star, i couldnt ask for anything more than that honestly, idc about 11-12 stars, they just seem so far-fetched that i view it like the possibility of me getting into the NBA.

Edson Drake
Feb 21, 2014, 10:34 PM
kinda makes me wonder if 'im a veteran or not.

how do you tell?

By "veteran", notice how I used the quotes, I meant TD veteran, you know, people that know how to run a TD?

Instead of going north at the spawn points. ignoring the towers while they get hammered, ignoring dead players, parasites, Vibras' bomb, his feet and the Photon Cannon at the last Goldrahda spawn?

Ratazana
Feb 21, 2014, 10:51 PM
it's quite simple

dead weight > carrying capacity = crappy runs

usually half of a mpa is dead weight so to get good runs consistently you need to have a carrying capacity of at least 6 people or become the zondial/wb bitch to a good carrier.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 21, 2014, 11:25 PM
"wb bitch"

._.

was this a compliment?

Z-0
Feb 21, 2014, 11:46 PM
To be fair, yes. Everyone loves a dead weight who can WB.

Of course, the best thing you can do is go RaTe (or TeRa) and become the WB bitch and the Zondeel bitch! Make sure your primary lane is middle if you do this.

You are always better killing things than collecting crystals during waves, also, unless you are dead weight. Please don't run around collecting crystals for 5K points and slow the runs down.

Kiyumi
Feb 21, 2014, 11:52 PM
Moderators, could this thread be moved to the rants off topic section please? Thank you :D

Myriarch
Feb 21, 2014, 11:55 PM
250% drop coupons do not effect the drops in TD, the drops are predetermined by the amount of health left in the towers at the end of the session.

Z-0
Feb 21, 2014, 11:58 PM
250% tickets definitely affect the amount of drops you get.

MetalDude
Feb 22, 2014, 12:07 AM
Tower health affects I believe an additional rare drop rate check at the end in addition to your capacity to actually get 11*'s in your drop crystal. Rare drop boosts stacked on top of this still affect final drops in the crystal.

Walkure
Feb 22, 2014, 12:13 AM
There was a magazine explaining how many rolls are made per rank, and RDR does affect the loot. At S-rank, you have something like 5-6 rolls for an 11* iirc.

At least 10* weapons are affected by RDR and there's not much reason to believe they arbitrarily don't for 11*s.

Dnd
Feb 22, 2014, 12:19 AM
S-ranking TD gives 5 loot rolls of 11*'s/10*'s from the collected loot from the kills
A-rank = 3, B-rank = 2, C- rank = 1 or 0, from what I saw.

More HP = higher rank = more loot rolls = greater effect of rare drop tickets = happy days. You can still be screwed over by RNG, but you should on average get 2 10* per s-rank 250% boosted run.

cheapgunner
Feb 22, 2014, 12:48 AM
You are always better killing things than collecting crystals during waves, also, unless you are dead weight. Please don't run around collecting crystals for 5K points and slow the runs down.

I really need to stop doing this. I know I shouldn't but you would think SEGA would make it a bit easier to hit 5k points. >.>;

Ratazana
Feb 22, 2014, 12:51 AM
You don't need 5k points. A decent group won't reach 2500 most of the time.

xxmadplayerxx
Feb 22, 2014, 01:31 AM
250% drop coupons do not effect the drops in TD, the drops are predetermined by the amount of health left in the towers at the end of the session.

This made me LOL

MetalDude
Feb 22, 2014, 01:38 AM

And even then, I'd say 3.5k would be the absolute maximum to pick up just for second heals.

BlueCast Boy
Feb 22, 2014, 01:45 AM
Lucky you even get Items on MBD sometimes on 2nd run almost on last wave or so my PSO2 got crashed for no reason and this quite happened to me sometimes anyone having this issue?

Edson Drake
Feb 22, 2014, 07:53 AM

It's true. While the Photon Cannon is great for the last spawn, a decent group will decimate them anyway. I've had many runs wth less than 2500 points that went really well without any healing.

It just depends on the group.

Macman
Feb 22, 2014, 08:13 AM
I like to have 3500 by the last wave just for the extra heals to ensure an S rank.

I haven't seen a Photon Particle Cannon in over a month.

Myriarch
Feb 22, 2014, 09:24 AM
This made me LOL

I'm sorry I couldn't resist lol

Inazuma
Feb 22, 2014, 07:45 PM
If there are a few decent Forces in the MPA, you shouldn't need to use freeze barriers either.

Z-0
Feb 22, 2014, 07:47 PM
You SHOULD be using Freeze Barriers though, even if there are decent Forces in the MPA, because using a Freeze Barrier will kill an infection before it even spawns. Will also kill it after it spawns do you don't need to waste time killing it.

Aine
Feb 22, 2014, 10:06 PM
Yeah but it gets in the way of Zondeel so removing infections is all you should be using it for. 500 points is enough.

deahamlet
Feb 23, 2014, 04:33 AM
You SHOULD be using Freeze Barriers though, even if there are decent Forces in the MPA, because using a Freeze Barrier will kill an infection before it even spawns. Will also kill it after it spawns do you don't need to waste time killing it.

Why do people insist on fighting the infections every single time? Every single time the infection saps health 2-3+ times from the tower by the time they killed it. Just use the barrier, UGH.

There's 12 people, you don't need more than 12 barriers, but it's nice-ish to have. 2500 isn't hard to reach.
Bugs me when you're at 3500 as last wave starts and at the end you're at 3800+, like why are you picking up crystals, you dead weights?!?!?! Even tickling some enemies is better than 300 more crystal points in the last wave.