PDA

View Full Version : The VKhaun Thread

VKhaun
Feb 22, 2014, 02:19 AM
My plan is Braver / Hunter, using both Katana's and Bullet Bows while running Fury stance from Hunter. Love the ability to start blocking or dodge quickly, without getting locked in animations.

I will be doing the full step line and that's non-negotiable. I played atrocious ocean and learned very quickly that your open field bosses are almost as bad as Dark Souls with the stuns and knockdowns and high damage. The four armed gold armored centaur thing with eight weapons, two throwing rings bigger than himself who was casting dark magic two spells at a time... yeah... He was an asshole. For real. :argh:

Anyway... here's the build for you to rip apart.
Probably going to be changed so I didn't worry about exactly 75/75.
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIJIJf cb7bInqnGKsNdqInfJiGA000007b0000082OwdJ29Kdni20000 lb0ib0000j4OI22SdxjcAbncKIbbn0000jkbdq5didI2J2IbfG NI2000002OqBk2dnfsNI2fHQIs0000

TL;DR section (EDIT-- looking for the BB code to put it in a little collapsible box.)

Cast.
Dex mag, with a little S-ATK to tweak the evolution.
100% free player, no multiple trees, no multiple mags.

Braver / Hunter
Pretty sure I know what I want here, but I'm new so I'll obviously listen if someone has something to say.

Ranger / Hunter
Figure weak bullet because weak bullet, and use rifles for bosses. Standing snipe because... standing snipe? I like using Launchers for trash and I tend to stand still with those as well.

Techer / Hunter
Rod rage looks like it would work, right? Way to put my S-ATK and Dex to work and get T-ATK drops. Incidentally Wand Lovers will be the most perverted sounding skill I've ever specced. I'll use my big sword instead of my little wand if I need to attack when Wand Lovers is going down. (~.^)

Force / Techer
NOT a primary build. Just something I'd like to do later for fun. Stacking lightning damage for the purpose of better displaying my superiority over the other mechanical beings. Rod rage build seemed to have a lot of leftover points to help out Force anyway. Not sure if I'll use a Talisman or not, but 1.2 was hard to pass up.

Zero interest in gunner. Haven't tried any of the fighter weapons yet, but that also seems very straightforward to build since I don't like any of the crazy stuff about being half dead. Probably just go Fighter / Hunter, stack S-ATK and run Fury Stance -IF- I ever get that far and I really love the fighter weapons. Otherwise pass.

Takatsuki
Feb 22, 2014, 02:33 AM
>Maxed Step Advance
>No Average Stance
>Maxed Katana Combat base skill
>Rare Mastery
>Snatch Step
>Hunter gears when not playing HU.

No.

Shadowth117
Feb 22, 2014, 02:35 AM

No.

Um... I would think about that again.

Edit: Could make an argument for partizan gear too, but that really only applies to ta. Same with WL gear.

Ratazana
Feb 22, 2014, 02:37 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://beerlake.net/dump/castle-speechless.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Takatsuki
Feb 22, 2014, 02:39 AM
Um... I would think about that again.

Edit: Could make an argument for partizan gear too, but that really only applies to ta. Same with WL gear.

If he were running a Katana-only build then of course you would max that. But he's not. He's going hybrid so some of those points need to be in Average Stance.

Shadowth117
Feb 22, 2014, 02:40 AM
If he were running a Katana-only build then of course you would max that. But he's not. He's going hybrid so some of those points need to be in Average Stance.

Lets ignore the elephant in the room that is braver bow usage in general.

VKhaun
Feb 22, 2014, 02:41 AM
>Maxed Step Advance
>No Average Stance
>Rare Mastery
>Snatch Step
>Hunter gears when not playing HU.

No.

Snatch step was actually an error, I don't plan to use that.

milranduil
Feb 22, 2014, 02:43 AM
This was the best hybrid BR tree I could come up with.
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIJIJf cb7bInqnGKsNdqInfJiGA000007b0000082OwdJ29Kdni20000 lb0ib0000j4OI22SdxjcAbncKIbbn0000jkbdq5didI2J2IbfG NI200000ebIo4SdnmxrEI2fGDI20000

VKhaun
Feb 22, 2014, 02:45 AM
This was the best hybrid BR tree I could come up with.
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIJIJf cb7bInqnGKsNdqInfJiGA000007b0000082OwdJ29Kdni20000 lb0ib0000j4OI22SdxjcAbncKIbbn0000jkbdq5didI2J2IbfG NI200000ebIo4SdnmxrEI2fGDI20000

Why two stances?

I thought starting Average would make Fury turn off?

Shadowth117
Feb 22, 2014, 02:53 AM
Why two stances?

I thought starting Average would make Fury turn off?

No, only stances on the same tree turn each other off.

IE. You can't do guard and fury stance or brave and wise stance at the same time, but fury and brave or guard and wise are completely fine.

VKhaun
Feb 22, 2014, 03:01 AM
No, only stances on the same tree turn each other off.

IE. You can't do guard and fury stance or brave and wise stance at the same time, but fury and brave or guard and wise are completely fine.

Yikes. Fumble.

Okay, so I need to do Average Stance.

Lets get Katana Combat to 150sec just for OCD synergy with Rapid Shoot.

Finisher is something I can do without. It's very very nice while it one shots everything, but I would imagine that eventually I'll reach a point where it doesn't anymore, and it'll be something I regret maxing. One point?

Why do we dislike Just Reversal Cover? Free 20% heal during an animation I'd be doing anyway? That really appeals to me. Does damage just get too high later, that I'll still be needing to heal after each hit I take anyway?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIJIJf cb7bInqnGKsNdqInfJiGA000007b000009b000000lb000009b 000000lb00000002OqB4SdncKrnIbfGDI20000

milranduil
Feb 22, 2014, 03:29 AM
You will still one shot everything with KF even in SH.

JRC is not worth it for BR. Learn to abuse block with katana.

Takatsuki
Feb 22, 2014, 03:30 AM
Yikes. Fumble.

Finisher is something I can do without. It's very very nice while it one shots everything, but I would imagine that eventually I'll reach a point where it doesn't anymore, and it'll be something I regret maxing. One point?

Why do we dislike Just Reversal Cover? Free 20% heal during an animation I'd be doing anyway? That really appeals to me. Does damage just get too high later, that I'll still be needing to heal after each hit I take anyway?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkIJIJf cb7bInqnGKsNdqInfJiGA000007b000009b000000lb000009b 000000lb00000002OqB4SdncKrnIbfGDI20000

No, Finisher is NOT something you can do without.

Zenobia
Feb 22, 2014, 03:37 AM
Boy if you gonna Main braver Hybrid you better grab Katana Combat and max Comabt Escape too. Those 2 skills alone are not up for debate.

MetalDude
Feb 22, 2014, 03:38 AM
JRC is affordable on non-hybrid at the very least (I mean, what else is there to get anyways?), but for the sake of hybrid, you need every point you can get.

strikerhunter
Feb 22, 2014, 03:45 AM
Yikes. Fumble.

Finisher is a must since it is a huge and I mean huge AOE nuke. With decent gears, an Agito can knock in 30k plus per target. All you have to do is connect 30 hits to get the max multiplier which is easy with karan and HR. (I forgot the multiplier number but think it was like x30? or something someone remind, haven't touched my braver in two weeks)

JR recover is a nono regardless, I rather have halfline from Hu tree than JR recover if you want for sure survivability. 20% recovery is nothing when mobs/boss deals 40%-OHKOs most of the time unless you are pure built tank or blocking. My suggestion is to start practicing katana counter on bosses so you won't have to rely on recovering HP.

If not already suggested due to similarness and my louzyness to look at what others posted in their suggested build this what I would highly recommend for a Hybrid Braver.

Hybrid Build (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06eNbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0jeb IoqnGKsN6JiGA000007b000009b000000lb000009b000000lb 0000000Ibf4SdnmxcKI2frDbn0000)

Boy if you gonna Main braver Hybrid you better grab Katana Combat and max Comabt Escape too. Those 2 skills alone are not up for debate.

Honestly, I really don't understand why CE is needed. Yea the immune to knockback is great but in both my hybrid build and pure katana setup (got 2 trees) I rarely get into a situation where I get knockbacked during KC since I either JG the attack, attack is too light to knockback, or KC get canceled out during casting because of incoming attack during the cast. Those light staggering hits, I can deal with.

JRC is affordable on non-hybrid at the very least (I mean, what else is there to get anyways?), but for the sake of hybrid, you need every point you can get.

Toss them into braver mag or whatever is left from bow. Suggesting that he subs Hu, normally he should 5 sp that would normally go to Fury crit after completing everything else in Fury stance so just popped that into JR unless you want that crit damage increase.

VKhaun
Feb 22, 2014, 03:47 AM
If I'm using Combat Finish for DPS and then still one-shotting trash in that giant AoE, and I'm using Katana for bosses so I can be blocking/countering, and I'm using Katana for Combat Escape when SHTF, what is bow getting used for?

Should I just rock bows for fun / easy stuff / variety and skip spending points on them? Some comments early in the thread to the effect that bow isn't really worth it right now, but I LIKE bows and who knows how they'll be changed later. Is Sega good about giving respecs to free players like me?

This would mean a restart, but now that I know more I could get back to 20 real fast, especially since this time I would not be skipping Average Stance to get there... Not a problem.

Rixian
Feb 22, 2014, 03:47 AM
Have you considered referring to this thread?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010

It's extremely informative.

Edit: I have 5 skill tree resets sitting in my storage right now, you'll get them in time.

Edit2: Bear in mind that the % modifiers are so important because they stack in multiples with each other

10% + 10% = 21%

Rather than 10% + 10% = 20%

The numbers get out of hand pretty quickly with people already having hit the damage cap.

Edit3: I'm not encouraging you to drop it, but just raising some information

3 point step advance is +0.11 seconds
10 point step advance is +0.2 seconds

Are 7 points worth of levels worth that 0.09 seconds? Remember there's no lag in this game because combat is client sided.

MetalDude
Feb 22, 2014, 03:52 AM
Honestly, I really don't understand why CE is needed. Yea the immune to knockback is great but in both my hybrid build and pure katana setup (got 2 trees) I rarely get into a situation where I get knockbacked during KC since I either JG the attack, attack is too light to knockback, or KC get canceled out during casting because of incoming attack during the cast. Those light staggering hits, I can deal with.
Uh, I don't think you actually get how CE works. You are invincible during KC with CE maxed out. The practical uses of this are unparalleled in magnitude.

strikerhunter
Feb 22, 2014, 03:53 AM
If I'm using Combat Finish for DPS and then still one-shotting trash in that giant AoE, and I'm using Katana for bosses so I can be blocking/countering, and I'm using Katana for Combat Escape when SHTF, what is bow getting used for?

Should I just rock bows for fun / easy stuff / variety and skip spending points on them? Some comments early in the thread to the effect that bow isn't really worth it right now, but I LIKE bows and who knows how they'll be changed later. Is Sega good about giving respecs to free players like me?

This would mean a restart, but now that I know more I could get back to 20 real fast, especially since this time I would not be skipping Average Stance to get there... Not a problem.

Well Katana would be the better approach when mobbing since Bows are horrendous against mobs, so normally it would be Katana for mobs and Bows for bosses since bow PAs are strong enough already to deal with most bosses. Bows nuke hard on single targets and that's majorly why it's prefer as a boss weapon.

But don't have to take my word for it, I'm only speaking out of suggestion.

Uh, I don't think you actually get how CE works. You are invincible during KC with CE maxed out. The practical uses of this are unparalleled in magnitude.

I know what CE does, but with how I'm treating KC in my survivability build, I didn't see any point into investing it.

MetalDude
Feb 22, 2014, 03:58 AM
I know what CE does, but with how I'm treating KC in my survivability build, I didn't see any point into investing it.
Okay, just didn't really see you point out having a survivability build anywhere is all.

strikerhunter
Feb 22, 2014, 04:00 AM
Okay, just didn't really see you point out having a survivability build anywhere is all.

Didn't wanted to since I was trying to keep it to the topic of Hybrid over survivability.

MetalDude
Feb 22, 2014, 04:00 AM
Alright, clears up any confusion for me.

VKhaun
Feb 22, 2014, 04:38 AM
Thanks for the input everyone.

JRC = Not Worth
CF = Worth
Average Stance = Stacks with Fury Stance.

And I think, reading between the lines here, people are maxing Rapid Shoot Mastery and leaving as little as possible in Rapid Shoot because the goal isn't regular attack damage, but PP regeneration through multi-hit to do more PA's, and the damage reduction on Rapid Shoot doesn't apply to PA's. So...

RS = 3pts
RSM = Max
RS Up = 1pt

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbIn 0000000lb000009b000000lb000009b000000lb0000000cBIo k2dncKrnI2fGQI20000

I know a smarter man would take Step Advance points and some other stragglers and do the charge bonus for Average Stance, but I am not a clever man.

VKhaun
Feb 22, 2014, 05:14 AM
Ugh... now you guys are screwing me up.

If I'm rocking stances from both CF is overpowered, and I'm not rocking JRC, then why am I maining Braver? Shouldn't I be doing HU/BR for Just Counter and Just Guard, using Katanas and Bows for all classes? There are hunter eligible bows and katanas with good looking stats, based on T-DEF and R-DEF requirements that I will hit naturally without items.

Rixian
Feb 22, 2014, 05:31 AM
Well remember that there are more all-class swords than there are katanas and bows. You will still receive the benefits of Just Guard and Just Counter as long as Hunter is your subclass.

You can also craft up some all-class gear for your mid-game, though you'll have to turn to proper 10 star - 12 star weapons for end-game as the DEX penalty gets a bit unruly.

Edit: I personally get 1 point in JRC, you can still activate JRC if you you still have Braver as your subclass.

Sp-24
Feb 22, 2014, 05:32 AM
Just Guard and Just Counter skills only apply to Hunter weapons, though. Daggers and katanas have inherent Just Guard, and don't get anything from those two skills.

VKhaun
Feb 22, 2014, 05:32 AM
Well remember that there are more all-class swords than there are katanas and bows. You will still receive the benefits of Just Guard and Just Counter as long as Hunter is your subclass.

How widespread is that? - Will all classes get Just Guard and Just Counter if I sub Hunter? Or just Hu/Fi/Br?

VKhaun
Feb 22, 2014, 05:33 AM
Just Guard and Just Counter skills only apply to Hunter weapons, though. Daggers and katanas have inherent Just Guard, and don't get anything from those two skills.

Okay, brilliant.

I was getting confused because I know I have been counter attacking without those skills, using my katana. I don't think I took any damage at all from those counters either, not just a reduction but zero. No damage number and no hit.

Br / Hu is still on!

milranduil
Feb 22, 2014, 05:49 AM
You do not need Just Guard as BR because you should basically be using katana the entire time (1% Partisan for Assault Buster spam/OHKOs which you don't need JG on HU tree for). If you want an honest opinion, just main katana and drop bow/Rapid shoot. Katana pretty much does everything on its own.

oratank
Feb 22, 2014, 06:15 AM
if u think u won't play hu weapon so forgot jg and jc the got nothing to do for br
br already have those skill buildin with katana

WildarmsRE5
Feb 22, 2014, 07:28 AM
Or if you want, you can use Bow at bosses. Bows nuke bosses faster than katana's even as a Hybrid build.

I've also tried that Banishing Arrow + Weak Bullet + Final Nemesis on SH RockBear on my Ra/Br. (sorry, my Br is 37, but it doesn't really matter since I'm using Vibras Bow.)

gotta love that 200k headshot.

milranduil
Feb 22, 2014, 07:46 AM
Hybrid BR HU with bow does not nuke faster than Shunka (except maaaaaybe Ringahda, but I still highly doubt it). Bow only really shines with WB, but that's not BR HU anymore.

Kikikiki
Feb 22, 2014, 09:19 AM
Slow bosses like Vol, Quartz, Chair (and Soma maybe) still gets nuked by Bow faster than Shunka even with BR/HU (thanks Banishing Arrow) but outside of that I don't really see anything that can outdamage Hatou both in terms of bossing and safety. I don't use Shunka much outside of mobbing because I can't into wasting moon (sorry I only have 743 HP) and honestly, dumping Hatou with 183 PP (Photon Drink included) feels so much better on bosses.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 22, 2014, 09:33 AM
oh, I still have yet to try Hatou.

oh, I forgot, my Br tree is set to Bows only.

VKhaun
Feb 22, 2014, 08:18 PM
Really appreciate the attention I've gotten in my two threads here, very refreshing community.

Br / Hu is pretty straightforward for me though. I got distracted by shiny things the other night, but in the end I know how I want to play and I'm working backwards from there without concern for min-maxing or changing classes to get more damage playing another way.

The other classes however, I don't give a flying fart about. Tell me how to take Fury stance and make the best of it as a class that finds R-ATK and T-ATK loot. Rod Techer looks straightforward enough. What about Gunner / Ranger though?

let me make it interesting. My Cast has custom arm lengths and so my hand doesn't match up with rifle barrels. This absolutely drives me nuts, so no rifles. MAYBE to do weak bullet and put them away. MAYBE. Launchers on ranger? TMG's on Gunner? All-class bows using average stance and /Br instead of /Hu?

milranduil
Feb 22, 2014, 08:49 PM
Slow bosses like Vol, Quartz, Chair (and Soma maybe) still gets nuked by Bow faster than Shunka even with BR/HU (thanks Banishing Arrow) but outside of that I don't really see anything that can outdamage Hatou both in terms of bossing and safety. I don't use Shunka much outside of mobbing because I can't into wasting moon (sorry I only have 743 HP) and honestly, dumping Hatou with 183 PP (Photon Drink included) feels so much better on bosses.

Slow? It takes 30s top to kill Quartz and Vol all parts broken with Shunka. Get gear, KC, and go ham.

Kikikiki
Feb 22, 2014, 10:14 PM
I'm sorry my S-ATK tops at 1k9 with only Photon Drink so I can't YOLOSWAG like all the pure Katana users out there. I only do at best 11k the initial pop and and 16k ~ 17k the rest. Meanwhile I can do 50k x2 damage in the fraction of 3s time with Bow so why not.

milranduil
Feb 22, 2014, 10:22 PM
You don't do all that much less damage than me then (unless that 11k is with KC + KG). And if you have 163 PP without drink, why are you getting Photon Drink lol...

Kikikiki
Feb 22, 2014, 10:56 PM
(unless that 11k is with KC + KG)

Well, unfortunately, this is the case.

And if you have 163 PP without drink, why are you getting Photon Drink lol...

Because 6 straight dumps of Hatou is sex. (Hatou requires 30 PP)