PDA

View Full Version : remember what they promised first for pso2

jooozek
Feb 22, 2014, 11:39 AM
Action RPG
Multiple Client Requests (Feature from PSP2 maybe?)
Map functions change in real time
New Interface for interacting with environment functions
Global Development support
Races have been thoroughly balanced
An event where all users participate
Implementing seasonal changes
Original Chat System
New Mail system
A radical revision of the item synthesis system.
Expands on your character’s upbringing.
Event scenes
NPC Approach (?)
Your silhouette changes based on what add-ons you have.
New Photon Art? (Blurry)
Support for forming a community (Blurry) (Could mean teams again?)
Adding a custom element at the time of character creation.
Weapon training system in every category. (Blurry)
Asynchronous communications. (Blurry)
New Party System
A system where enemies cooperate.
An infinite amount of content
A new approach to the game client
Surprises occur every day.
Optimization of the Lobby Feature
Trump Card System
A function where new users and expert users can mutually interact.

lotsa empty promises

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2014, 11:44 AM
It looks like they delivered on most of that list, albeit in a very shitty manner and not what anybody expected.
I bet the rest of that list will be dripfed to us over the next 8 years.

An event where all users participate

HDD Burst.

Surprises occur every day.

Every day, I'm surprised the game is still up and making money.

strikerhunter
Feb 22, 2014, 11:51 AM
An infinite amount of content

Two words, bad idea..

A system where enemies cooperate.

LOL this never happened, if it where then the game would much much harder.

Most of the list did go through but there are potentially good ones that would had done the game hadn't been seen yet or just poorly implanted.

Edson Drake
Feb 22, 2014, 11:56 AM
Action RPG - CHECK
Multiple Client Requests (Feature from PSP2 maybe?) - COs? CHECK
Map functions change in real time - Not sure, the map is useful - CHECK
New Interface for interacting with environment functions - If by that they mean we can destroy trees, leaves etc then CHECK
Global Development support - I don't know what this means
Races have been thoroughly balanced - Kind of. You can pick any without much of advantage over another
An event where all users participate - EQs? CHECK
Implementing seasonal changes - CHECK
Original Chat System - Not really original, I'd say good enough. - CHECK
New Mail system - It works. It's good enough for me. - CHECK
A radical revision of the item synthesis system. - Coming soon? Dudu updates?
Expands on your character’s upbringing. - I don't know, not sure about this one.
Event scenes - CHECK
NPC Approach (?) - If this means more NPC interaction. Good enough but could be better.
Your silhouette changes based on what add-ons you have. - Works about 80~90% of the times so it's fine.
New Photon Art? (Blurry) - Seems we're getting plenty of those lately
Support for forming a community (Blurry) (Could mean teams again?) - Probably
Adding a custom element at the time of character creation. - What?
Weapon training system in every category. (Blurry) - Grinding? Or more like use it more often and it will get better-type of thing?
Asynchronous communications. (Blurry) - If it means its client-server model, this is one of the best there is, although we have been having many hiccups lately. Hope this gets fixed soon.
New Party System - CHECK
A system where enemies cooperate. - What? This means the dragonkin versus darker thing?
An infinite amount of content - Well, we get a lot of stuff each update usually.
A new approach to the game client - (psst: HD wipe). No thanks, I'd rather use AIDA's Tweaker thank you.
Surprises occur every day. - I guess they mean Thunder Kitty and Mesetan. No I'm not counting drop rates, no surprises there
Optimization of the Lobby Feature - I am waiting for this, can't stand the wait time to see character's textures loading.
Trump Card System - What is this?
A function where new users and expert users can mutually interact. - Not happening, I can't powerlevel a newbie.

Overall good delivery. What's the matter?

Sure the game can still improve a lot, but's it's pretty nice overall.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 12:01 PM
Ah the time when people find out they been fucked by the system. But they will rue the day they found out they let the system fuck them. :P

the US is supposedly hated for it's freedom when it has never given 40 acres and a mule.

You did not really believe these promises did you?

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2014, 12:18 PM
Item synthesis = crafting
Global dev = PSO2 Asia
NPC approach = probably the NPC affection system
Enemies cooperate = most of them do that when they try to kill us
Optimization of the lobby = maybe the crappy lighting so that everyone looks unshaded
Trump Card System = that's coming to PSO2 ES Android, isn't it?
New and expert users interacting = chat? ARKS ROAD?

Anyway, people who keep saying the game is fine as is usually don't have as many hours put in.
I remember when a lot of people here kept defending SEGA and dismissing any complaints.
Most of them "turned" to the "dark side", or already gave up hope and quit ages ago.
Funny.

Many aspects of PSO2 still can't compare to much older games I've played, and I find that sad.
What I hate about these games is they're always one step forwards, fifty steps back.
Many aspects of PSO2 can't even compare to aspects of PSU or PSO. That's even sadder.

Shadowth117
Feb 22, 2014, 12:24 PM
Many aspects of PSO2 still can't compare to much older games I've played, and I find that sad.
What I hate about these games is they're always one step forwards, fifty steps back.

I just want to point out the very first game ever that had a guild system had multiple chat channels for it. That game is something like 30 years old now.

Yeah....

BIG OLAF
Feb 22, 2014, 12:27 PM
I think they did deliver on all of their promises, it's just they severely overstated what each promise entailed.

Also, 'Trump Card' probably referred to the AC scratch (for SEGA). That's their money-maker, boy howdy.

Ezodagrom
Feb 22, 2014, 12:28 PM
Many aspects of PSO2 can't even compare to aspects of PSU or PSO. That's even sadder.
PSO2 has alot of problems, but I can't think of anything that PSU did better...

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 12:40 PM
They promised me bikinis. I see all of you in them. They nailed that one.

Ratazana
Feb 22, 2014, 12:41 PM
Fremium psu was even worse. They actually scalled the bullshit back.

Class balance seems very deliberate, like they are steering us in a certain direction. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the op class at any given time were the class that the devs wanted to play with.

Shadowth117
Feb 22, 2014, 12:43 PM

How about a large number of missions and just missions in general that actually had substance to them rather than diarrhea of randomly generated crap? As far as PSU's event missions in particular, I don't think I know one person (besides you) who has played PSU and honestly likes this game's event missions better. The GAM missions were definitely pretty interesting as well and there is clearly no analogue here.

PSU also had far more ways to acquire capital. You can argue that this is the way it is because PSO2 is "free to play", but there's only so far you can push that. You had your materials, your rares, your trash rares that NPCed for 30-70k each (yes people who never played PSU, that was a thing) of which you would get a few per run almost guaranteed in events. Oh and meseta drops themselves at the higher ranks probably ranged from 3-10k for usual missions so there was that.

But yeah, overall PSU didn't really do much better than PSO2 at all. PSO2 at its core is VERY good, but its design team holds it back because of the ways they choose to implement (or in a lot of cases, not implement) things. There's a reason I picked up this game from CBT and really never went back to PSU. But honestly, the missions in general in that game are so much more fun overall that its sad looking at this game.

Ezodagrom
Feb 22, 2014, 01:02 PM
How about a large number of missions and just missions in general that actually had substance to them rather than diarrhea of randomly generated crap? As far as PSU's event missions in particular, I don't think I know one person (besides you) who has played PSU and honestly likes this game's event missions better. The GAM missions were definitely pretty interesting as well and there is clearly no analogue here.
You mean the quests that almost no one did because the majority only cared about repeating the most rewarding quests over and over?
And most of PSU missions weren't even anything special, most of them were pretty much straight roads with the occasional gate that required keys (especially after some of the bigger ones were nerfed).

PSU events, they were nice at first, and I guess that's one thing that was better in PSU than in PSO2, but by the end there was just too many events, an event every 2 months or so?

PSU also had far more ways to acquire capital. You can argue that this is the way it is because PSO2 is "free to play", but there's only so far you can push that. You had your materials, your rares, your trash rares that NPCed for 30-70k each (yes people who never played PSU, that was a thing) of which you would get a few per run almost guaranteed in events. Oh and meseta drops themselves at the higher ranks probably ranged from 3-10k for usual missions so there was that.
At first it was also possible to make meseta by vendoring stuff in PSO2, but...RMT... =w=;

Lostbob117
Feb 22, 2014, 01:03 PM
PSU's events and mission were a lot better then PSO2's.

NoiseHERO
Feb 22, 2014, 01:12 PM
I was thinking about this list the other day (I swear it was originally 3x longer)

And I remember thinking "man if these were things simply being added to PSU + PSP21 this would be the best game ever.

But instead these were things added to a shitty F2P MMO base.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/news/04-24-11/hunewearl.jpg

THIS HOWEVER was the best part of the PSO2 hype train era.

7X pages of "SPINES DON'T WORK THAT WAY"

Shadowth117
Feb 22, 2014, 01:18 PM
You mean the quests that almost no one did because the majority only cared about repeating the most rewarding quests over and over?
And most of PSU missions weren't even anything special, most of them were pretty much straight roads with the occasional gate that required keys (especially after some of the bigger ones were nerfed).

PSU events, they were nice at first, and I guess that's one thing that was better in PSU than in PSO2, but by the end there was just too many events, an event every 2 months or so?

At first it was also possible to make meseta by vendoring stuff in PSO2, but...RMT... =w=;

People did newer quests when they came out for new drops etc. and generally fell back to a smaller selection of quests after, but that's pretty much how this game goes.

And straight lines? You mean like almost every other level based game ever? You must hate games in general then because linear, obstacle filled levels are pretty fun in my book.

Say there were too many events if you want, but I had no problem running missions like those all the time. The problem with PSU and events is the same issue PSO2 has with EQ's to a large extent: They offer a mission style that isn't available in standard play. There were missions with crazy amounts of paths that lead to different things, missions with secret objectives that got you more drops at the end, and just departures in general from a lot of more usual missions. I've still yet to see any of that here, but I see you also notice that point. I just never saw a problem with having those available to the player all of the time since they were the most fun things to run generally.

As for PSO2 vendoring, that is really irrelevant at this point because it isn't as good as it was anymore. Its not something that can be considered now.

Edit: Lmao, yes rock that was the best.

Edit2: Another thing. The problem with a lot of PSO2's quests is, most PSU quests had *something* worth hunting for a good while after they were "dead" because of end drops. A lack of end drops in this makes the general pso2 missions even more worthless than they already are.

Arksenth
Feb 22, 2014, 01:48 PM
To be fair, the descriptions are so vague (and probably had a lot lost in translation) that I have trouble determining if we actually have most of these things or not.

Zyrusticae
Feb 22, 2014, 01:52 PM
Anyway, people who keep saying the game is fine as is usually don't have as many hours put in.
I remember when a lot of people here kept defending SEGA and dismissing any complaints.
Most of them "turned" to the "dark side", or already gave up hope and quit ages ago.
Funny.
Pretty much.

I even REALLY wanted to like the game, but the repetition got to me too. Well, that plus the stark difference in the actual quality of the play experience versus dedicated action games like Metal Gear Rising made it waaaay too obvious that SEGA is kind of just feeling their way around blindly here. Plus there's all the things that indicate it as a me-too corporate product (re: scratch scratch gacha gacha scratch gacha scratch ecchi ecchi fashion scratch etc. etc. etc.) as opposed to a labor of love like the first game was (PSU suffered from this too, PSO was kind of the outlier in this).

I wonder how much better the game would be if the team had a more horizontal structure instead of the traditional (and very Japanese) top-down structure it's very obviously being run with now. Maybe we could actually get some halfway decent balance changes in then? But of course that's never going to happen, so...

Enforcer MKV
Feb 22, 2014, 02:21 PM

Sorry, Ezo, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. General weapon design, general character design, general clothing design, area design, enemy design...

About the only things that PSU didn't do better was combat, customization of the actual character model, and grinding.

When you get right down to it, at least in my opinion: PSU WAS A BETTER GAME. There, I said it.

*Dons armor*

NoiseHERO
Feb 22, 2014, 02:26 PM
Sorry, Ezo, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. General weapon design, general character design, general clothing design, area design, enemy design...

About the only things that PSU didn't do better was combat, customization of the actual character model, and grinding.

*Dons armor*

/insert passive aggressive condescending "for once I agree with you."

Enforcer MKV
Feb 22, 2014, 02:28 PM
/insert passive aggressive condescending "for once I agree with you."

Love you too, Rock. :love:

:lol:

Gama
Feb 22, 2014, 02:40 PM

so b20 residents will probbly pop a kneecap on someone who disrespects them.

fufufufu.

NoiseHERO
Feb 22, 2014, 02:42 PM

so b20 residents will probbly pop a kneecap on someone who disrespects them.

fufufufu.

But, B-20 is PSO2nese for pushover land.

They couldn't talk jack smack if they had tiger blood.

Even scripted mobs can beat them up in a game where they have anime powers.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 02:47 PM
Sometimes this place can be just as bad as block 20 :P

NoiseHERO
Feb 22, 2014, 02:56 PM
Sometimes this place can be just as bad as block 20 :P

Actually worse.

B20 is just boring, people here get all kinds of nut.

Which is why this place is more hilarious.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 03:02 PM
Find both batshit sometimes and I just move through

Punisher106
Feb 22, 2014, 03:12 PM
Actually worse.

B20 is just boring, people here get all kinds of nut.

Which is why this place is more hilarious.

At least we don't have to deal with lewd symbol arts and cancerous people, here.

Tenlade
Feb 22, 2014, 03:19 PM
When you get right down to it, at least in my opinion: PSU WAS A BETTER GAME. There, I said it.

*Dons armor* Man, the rose tint is so heavy in here i can taste it.

Ezodagrom
Feb 22, 2014, 04:07 PM
I prefer all of these in PSO2, but design is something too subjective to be used as an argument that a game is better than the other.

I can think of other things that PSO2 does better.
[spoiler-box]Difficulty modes, they were very poorly implemented in PSU. For example, there were quests of a lower difficulty with higher level enemies than quests of a higher difficulty. There were also quests that became pointless because their highest difficulty had enemies alot lower leveled than the player cap (example, quest with lvl 80 enemies max when the cap was 150 or so).

Race balance was terrible, not only Casts and Beasts were well suited for non-technic classes, they had access to special abilities, while Humans and Newmans had nothing until close to the end of JP PSU.

The PA leveling up system was way too tedious and sometimes even retarded (buff leveling, ugh... only levels 11, 21, 31 and 41 made a difference, every level between was completely useless). The disc system in PSO2 depends way too much on RNG, but it's still better than the leveling up system in PSU...

The classes, the PSO2 class system could have been alot better (especially if it was based on the much better PSPo2/infinity system), but the PSU class system was worse than the PSO2 one, in my opinion.
I think what I disliked the most about the PSU class system was the random restrictions in weapon types rarity and photon arts levels for specific classes. There were some classes where those restrictions didn't even make sense (example, the only class that could use S rank whips was limited to lvl 20 melee PAs, in a game where the PA cap was 50...)

There were way too many similar bosses in PSU. I'm okay with reskins of bosses as long as the reskinned boss is different enough from the original boss. In PSO2, the only reskinned boss that doesn't have any differences when compared to the original is Caterdransa, while in PSU the differences between most reskinned and original bosses were way too small.

The connection between game client and server, no idea how the technical stuff for this is, but PSU basically there was a delay to pretty much anything. Numbers appearing on enemies after hitting them, enemies and characters reactions to hits, and so on.

I probably could go on, but I'll stop now...
PSO2 has alot of problems, there's no denying that, but PSU had worse problems and, in my opinion, PSO2 is the better game overall.[/spoiler-box]

WBMike
Feb 22, 2014, 04:13 PM
Well guess we should update this list:

Action RPG
Brand New Party System = Probably referring to 12 Player Multiparties?
Infinite Adventure = PSO2's Infamous Tagline
Map features change in real time = Weather, Emergency Trials
Suddent Events = Emergency Trials
Enemy Cooperation = Enemies that heal each other or Darkers vs Natives
Addons that change your (sillhouette) figure = Referring to units
New interfaces for interacting with all Environments = Referring to the User Interface as a whole
New Photon Arts
Special system for each weapon category = Referring to the Gear System
New approach to the game client = Not much different from PSU's launcher other than the Patcher.
Global Development Support = PSO2 Taiwan / PSO2 SEA
Expands on your Character's development = Skill Tree
Event Scene: New Production = In reference to Event Tablets featuring characters acting out like they're in a play.
NPC Approach = Think it's where NPCs suddenly interact with you? (Matoi / Xion)
Increased variety of Client Orders = Up for debate, but it's comparing PSpo2's style of client orders.
Seasonal Changes = Lobby
Infinite Thorough Content = Up for debate
New Life's Work = ???
Lobby Feature Optimization = Up for debate
Events that All Users can Participate in = Could be Emergency Quest or 1st Anniversary/ARKS Unity Festival style events?
Trump Card System = Those talis cards are referred to as "Trump Cards"
Functions where New and Seasoned Users can mutually interact = Referring to players who switch characters and become level 1. There was that whole bruhaha where people were using client orders to power level, when Sakai wanted seasoned users to level their alternate classes with new players.
Asynchronous Communication = ???
Ubiquitous Concepts = ???
Game Functions in the Lobby = Probably referring to those FUN Scratch machines in the lobby. In PSO2es, there's a background image that looks strikingly similar to Casino Voloyal.
New Chat System
New Mail System
Community Formation Support = Referring to teams. Maybe it-tells but that's a stretch.
Thorough Racial Balancing = Up for debate.
Surprises Occur Every Day = They were toying with ideas to replace PSU's photon fortune system so that people wouldn't play on a specific day. I believe Emergency Quests were created in response to this. Of course, now that we have boost events, they pretty much scrapped this concept.
Radical Revision of the Item Synthesis System = Up for debate.
New Search Form and Reward System = Player Shop Search and Titles/Bingo/Emergency Trial Rewards

Mysterious-G
Feb 22, 2014, 04:13 PM
Instead of talking about what PSO2 does better than PSU, you guys should be talking about what it does worse than PSP2 aka the best in the series. Yeah. And they seem to have delivered on most that's on that list as far as I can see.

Aussei
Feb 22, 2014, 04:24 PM
Now see... My question is, why do people who don't like PSO2 or the people who play still choose to play PSO2 regardless or come to these forums still?

This concerns me. As it's kind of like self-abuse. You put yourself through the misery of coming to these forums everyday to argue/discuss endlessly and try to prove your point and opinions to people who don't really care to listen to your side of the story or how your game experience is (Not saying everyone is like this but it seems to be the road every thread walks down). "It's my way or the high way" type deal.
Do you people enjoy being misery's company? Masochists? Machiavellianism even?!

I'm sure we all have our reasons but isn't this all a bit too much? Just about every thread here is filled with some type of negativity. Is this really how you want your experience to be? You could very simply not return to these forums, uninstall PSO2 and play another game or put attention to something different.

Like, who really wants to come home after a long day of stressful work or school and come to these forums or log into the game just to feel disappointed/annoyed/pissed because you spent hours farming for one weapon you didn't get or failed grinding and spent like 200k trying to.... Or some similar scenario.

This is a legit concern. I'm not trying to troll or flame. I'm being serious.

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2014, 04:30 PM

*Dons armor*

I don't thnk PSU was a better game - it did a whole lot of things worse.

But everything it did right? The six player parties? The cool lobbies? The events being better than a generic RNG map for 30 minutes at a time? Clothes for meatbags being multiple parts instead of a one piece?

Gone. They fucked it all up. All of it. I pretty much hated PSU, but it did have a great number of improvements or additions that PSO did poorly or completely lacked...and virtually every single one was skipped over in PSO2.

Zyrusticae
Feb 22, 2014, 04:31 PM
Not gonna lie, I often think the same thing, Aussei.

The thing is, ultimately a lot of folks on this board are... or were... hardcore fans of the series, the types who put hundreds or thousands of hours into each game. And the thing that goes with that is that those same players are also going to be the biggest critics, since they've been exposed to so much of the game so many times over.

What's that saying... "Nothing is quite as bitter as a love turned to hate"? Something like that, anyway.

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2014, 04:38 PM
Like, who really wants to come home after a long day of stressful work or school and come to these forums or log into the game just to feel disappointed/annoyed/pissed because you spent hours farming for one weapon you didn't get or failed grinding and spent like 200k trying to.... Or some similar scenario.

Nobody, which is why 99% of the people you're referring to don't do this.

Most of us - I assume you think you're referring to me as well with this post - come to PSO2 not for a ladder to climb but for something to do with people we know. If we find ourselves at a higher rung when we sign off then that's just what happens.

Discussing game theory is something I like to do. I do it in every game I play. There is no perfect game, and that means every game has something for me to discuss. When I find a flaw in a game's design, balance, or whatever else, I will point it out either in passing or directly.

MetalDude
Feb 22, 2014, 04:39 PM
Familiarity with the series, community, and deliberate efforts to avoid the bullshit as much as possible (for example, I do not hunt rares in this game, I hunt money).

Shadowth117
Feb 22, 2014, 04:57 PM
Instead of talking about what PSO2 does better than PSU, you guys should be talking about what it does worse than PSP2 aka the best in the series. Yeah. And they seem to have delivered on most that's on that list as far as I can see.

Yes well, a guy can spit in your onion rings and technically that can be considered "delivered" once he gives it to you as well.

PSP2 was also a very stereotypically offline focused game. That is, it was designed around the idea of being able to obtain everything by yourself or at the very least within a small group of people. PSU had a more proper economy because the shops led to the game's currency actually having worth. Not to mention the 4 person limit clearly made getting a traditional MMO experience from the game difficult among other things. Your opinion of it being the best is just that. That said, I really did enjoy PSP2/I, but PSU felt like a more full game to me in the end.

Aussei
Feb 22, 2014, 05:21 PM
Nobody, which is why 99% of the people you're referring to don't do this.

Most of us - I assume you think you're referring to me as well with this post - come to PSO2 not for a ladder to climb but for something to do with people we know. If we find ourselves at a higher rung when we sign off then that's just what happens.

Discussing game theory is something I like to do. I do it in every game I play. There is no perfect game, and that means every game has something for me to discuss. When I find a flaw in a game's design, balance, or whatever else, I will point it out either in passing or directly.

If you enjoy it then I have no reason to judge you for it. It makes you happy and keeps you coming back so what can I say against you?

But I'm more concerned for the people who really subject themselves to it. The ones who try to fight to be heard or understood. It can similarly be said in real life to a kid in school who wants to share his knowledge with his peers but gets put down for his opinion or being a "nerd" because his peers don't agree with him.

Like when I read some things on here that's how I feel. I also feel there's little to no regard for others feelings or their right to individuality. No respect basically. That saddens me.

I remember PSO being a place to go on and socialize have fun playing with your friends. A different atmosphere from how it is now. It's like this in a lot of gams as well not just here but because we are here in this moment that's where my words are aimed at. I used to be immersed in the community of the phantasy star games back then. I had many friends and acquaintances. And now, it seems nearly impossible to go beyond a superficial relationship with anyone. In my opinion and experience, Mostly due to this kind of... conservative close-mindedness about how to enjoy the game. "You're supposed to play like this or else you suck."

I miss my crazy ass friends from PSO/PSU. I have no idea what they are doing now, how they are doing, where they are.... It's like you say, I'm also one of those people who put so much time into these games... It makes me sad to see the community to be so bitter, cynical, and jaded. Like someone who is stuck in a bad relationship with an abusive partner.

This is my first time ever posting consistently on this forum though, so maybe it's always been this way and I'm just noticing it now. =\ but this is the only place I know to reach out to others with the same basic foundation interest, PSO. But at every turn there is something negative to be said of the game or the people in it. It's fucked up...

I just feel like no one lets anyone else into their world here. For me, it feel like the only aim is to sound better than someone else. It doesn't help when people post sarcastically about negative aspects either. That doesn't give me any better impression. It's like the only way people know how to communicate these days is to troll one another. >_>;

I know it's not just here, but this is where we are right now. I'm not posting in any other forums or games. I can say the same for other games of course. But let's not get into that, this is PSO-World not Aion or S4 League or LoL or WoW.

TaigaUC
Feb 22, 2014, 06:30 PM

Some people liked the cities and lots more planets.
I remember you could customize unit? photon color.
I hated PSU's story but it still seems like it had more substance than PSO2's which so far still feels like a hell of a lot of filler.
I really liked PSO1 episode 1's story and atmosphere.

I hear PSO1 and PSU online had lots of not-very-good mini games (I never played them online). Still better than nothing though.
I also heard someone say that the PSP? PSOs have mix and matchable costumes.
Actually, I hear a lot of good things about the PSP games. I've never tried them.

Anyway, I didn't mean to steer the conversation towards comparing PSO2 to previous games in its series.
I was just wondering why we don't have things that were there before.

On a somewhat relevant topic, I recently tried Yakuza 5.
I didn't realize SEGA was capable of such high quality.
It'd be nice if PSO2 was anywhere near that level of quality.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 06:38 PM
Sonic Team does not have the leader ship Yakuza does. And what made you think Sega was not capable of quality? Don't judge Sega off of Sonic team please they are over worked and have no ambition. Would you say Relic or Atlus are bad? No I would not.

Shadowth117
Feb 22, 2014, 06:49 PM
Sonic Team does not have the leader ship Yakuza does. And what made you think Sega was not capable of quality? Don't judge Sega off of Sonic team please they are over worked and have no ambition. Would you say Relic or Atlus are bad? No I would not.

So what you're saying is, SEGA as a publisher bears no responsibility for its developers if they put out crap under SEGA's name?

Ezodagrom
Feb 22, 2014, 07:39 PM
Some people liked the cities and lots more planets.
The extra places to visit introduced more problems than good things in PSU. Each quest was tied to a specific lobby, so to do a certain quest or to see if there's any player doing that quest, we had to go to that lobby.

Before the expansion, we had to do every quest that leads to that lobby so we could do the quest we actually wanted to do, that was improved in the expansion with an option to travel between lobbies for a meseta fee though.
But, that lobby system in the end only served to split up the already small community. To be able to find parties to do anything, people would just stick to the most popular quest.

When it comes to visual variety, many of the lobbies were just tiny rooms with only an NPC that sold consumables, so some of the lobbies didn't do much to help with visual variety. Though there were some rather good lobbies, like an hotsprings in neudaiz, a place with an waterfall in parum and such.

When it comes to PSO2, I do think it would be nice if different blocks had different lobbies, that would be a nice alternative to the PSU lobby system, but probably would be too much work for SEGA, haha...

I remember you could customize unit? photon color.
The armors in PSO2 had element resistance, depending on the element of the armor, the colour of some patterns in clothes would change.
I think element resistance in armors had more importance than the actual defense stats in PSU? Unlike PSO2, elements had opposites in PSU, so if the player would wear an armor with light element resistance, he would be weak to dark element enemies. Some players would have armors of every element, but there was no way to switch quickly between them.

I hated PSU's story but it still seems like it had more substance than PSO2's which so far still feels like a hell of a lot of filler.
I really liked PSO1 episode 1's story and atmosphere.
Personally I prefer PSO2 story to PSU, but PSO1 atmosphere was superior, yeah.

I hear PSO1 and PSU online had lots of not-very-good mini games (I never played them online). Still better than nothing though.
Mini-games, when I posted that I couldn't think of anything that PSU did better, I didn't remember that PSU had a few mini-games, but yeah, would be nice to have some in PSO2...
From what I remember, PSU mini-games included a casino lobby and some sort of air-boarding race?

I also heard someone say that the PSP? PSOs have mix and matchable costumes.
Actually, I hear a lot of good things about the PSP games. I've never tried them.
PSU introduced the mix and match outfits, but by the end of PSU JP, none of the new released outfits were mix and match, they were like PSO2 outfits.

landman
Feb 22, 2014, 08:48 PM
The same way I think it's unfair to compare PSOBB to PSU vanilla, I think it's unfair to compare PSU 5 years old to PSO2 1,5.

In one year and half PSU did: unlock some of the offline content, online. 1 "dungeon" (Bruce). 3 events.

In one year and half (more the first one) PSO2 has delivered, mostly, original areas and enemies, and enough gameplay experiences that can compare and surpass PSU's: time attacks can compare to dungeons (at least Naberius one and Lilipa), and if people are sick of Time Attacks they didn't play Bruce Dungeon enough, maybe they actually preferred Plains Overlord. XQ can be more challenging than most events PSU ever had. And client orders give an incentive to do arks quests and free explorations other than having fun or hunting for something.

The events in PSU were cooler, and mainly because story mode was more interesting, and the more important events were related to story mode, just like Falz and Mine defense are related to PSO2's story, but they don't even care to time those events with the story and we just have to guess the new introduction and mission is what they will explain the next or in two or three matter boards. But that's not exclusive to PSO2, in PSU we killed De Rol Le for a whole year or more before we knew he was a SEED infected fossil.

Aussei
Feb 22, 2014, 08:50 PM
The extra places to visit introduced more problems than good things in PSU. Each quest was tied to a specific lobby, so to do a certain quest or to see if there's any player doing that quest, we had to go to that lobby.

Before the expansion, we had to do every quest that leads to that lobby so we could do the quest we actually wanted to do, that was improved in the expansion with an option to travel between lobbies for a meseta fee though.
But, that lobby system in the end only served to split up the already small community. To be able to find parties to do anything, people would just stick to the most popular quest.

When it comes to visual variety, many of the lobbies were just tiny rooms with only an NPC that sold consumables, so some of the lobbies didn't do much to help with visual variety. Though there were some rather good lobbies, like an hotsprings in neudaiz, a place with an waterfall in parum and such.

When it comes to PSO2, I do think it would be nice if different blocks had different lobbies, that would be a nice alternative to the PSU lobby system, but probably would be too much work for SEGA, haha...

The armors in PSO2 had element resistance, depending on the element of the armor, the colour of some patterns in clothes would change.
I think element resistance in armors had more importance than the actual defense stats in PSU? Unlike PSO2, elements had opposites in PSU, so if the player would wear an armor with light element resistance, he would be weak to dark element enemies. Some players would have armors of every element, but there was no way to switch quickly between them.

Personally I prefer PSO2 story to PSU, but PSO1 atmosphere was superior, yeah.

Mini-games, when I posted that I couldn't think of anything that PSU did better, I didn't remember that PSU had a few mini-games, but yeah, would be nice to have some in PSO2...
From what I remember, PSU mini-games included a casino lobby and some sort of air-boarding race?

PSU introduced the mix and match outfits, but by the end of PSU JP, none of the new released outfits were mix and match, they were like PSO2 outfits.

You got me feeling all types of nostalgia right now.... I wish by now SEGA would realize by now that they should sit down with the people who know the game and franchise best... The actual people who play it. Or did they already do this? I love PSO2, but I miss certain features and modes from the older games....

I liked the puzzles in PSU those quests where in order to beat them you had to do certain things and you had to work together as a team in order to clear it. The casino was awesome as well... The different lobbies were great chill areas but like you said people would only go to the ones that had the most people or the most popular quest at the time. I feel they should add something similar again. A reoccuring thing in all of these games is the "This is the most popular quest right now, spam it" and adding client orders kind of fixed it a bit but once you hit end-game, which isn't even really end-game actually... Cos the level-cap isn't official yet.

They're releasing major content way too slow focusing too much on cash shop.... Like most F2P games. o o;

Maybe going F2P was a bad idea?

The Walrus
Feb 22, 2014, 08:52 PM
For content sure, for money not really.

Aussei
Feb 22, 2014, 08:56 PM
The same way I think it's unfair to compare PSOBB to PSU vanilla, I think it's unfair to compare PSU 5 years old to PSO2 1,5.

In one year and half PSU did: unlock some of the offline content, online. 1 "dungeon" (Bruce). 3 events.

In one year and half (more the first one) PSO2 has delivered, mostly, original areas and enemies, and enough gameplay experiences that can compare and surpass PSU's: time attacks can compare to dungeons (at least Naberius one and Lilipa), and if people are sick of Time Attacks they didn't play Bruce Dungeon enough, maybe they actually preferred Plains Overlord. XQ can be more challenging than most events PSU ever had. And client orders give an incentive to do arks quests and free explorations other than having fun or hunting for something.

The events in PSU were cooler, and mainly because story mode was more interesting, and the more important events were related to story mode, just like Falz and Mine defense are related to PSO2's story, but they don't even care to time those events with the story and we just have to guess the new introduction and mission is what they will explain the next or in two or three matter boards. But that's not exclusive to PSO2, in PSU we killed De Rol Le for a whole year or more before we knew he was a SEED infected fossil.

It's very true I try to think of PSO2 as still being a baby. I'm sure in 5 years it'll have way too much content for me to even imagine. We don't even know what they might fucking pull next. They could release Beasts again or add back SUVs or Duman powers. That would be doooooooooooooope~. I'm pretty sure SEGA is not that fucking retarded that they forgot the major selling points of their older games. It's just they're taking a lot longer to put it out unless I'm just being inpatient. It's been 1.5 years yes but I feel like... They should be hinting at more major content than just hinting at a lobby appearance change and new costumes. Can you imagine how many costumes they are gonna have in 5 years if they keep shitting them out at the rate they are? HOW MANY ANIME/VIDEO GAME COLLABS CAN YOU DO?!?!?! Lol.

In 5 years how many design contests will they hold? How will the entries change and can you imagine how much ideas will change?

Everygame starts off like this. Everyone talks shit about it and compares it to other games. Aion was like that and now you can't even shake a stick at Aion.

Tenlade
Feb 22, 2014, 09:41 PM
They're releasing major content way too slow focusing too much on cash shop.... Like most F2P games. o o;

Maybe going F2P was a bad idea?
F2p wouldn't be bad but frankly sega's not doing it right. Every fp2 mmo in the past few years has caught on that the secret to getting lots of money and making people play forever isn't long grinds and low drop rates, its making the grinds easy and fast, and letting people make as many free characters as they want.

The more characters a person has the more gear and costumes they're gonna need, and the more money they're gonna spend. Sega's big money maker is the AC scratch, and they could be making even more if people had say 4 characters to dress up instead of 2. Making the grinds long and putting that initial character creation behind a paywall stops that impulse, and they're just missing out.

pso 1 had less content then this does now, but people played it longer as they could have more characters, levels, and progress faster. Long grinds and low drops are actually a detriment, and frankly, I can guarantee drop rates is all 90% of you even care about.

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2014, 10:16 PM
Maybe I'm really fucking weird but I think that lessons learned in one game's development should be applied to future games.

There's no excuse for completely forgetting shit they learned in PSO when making PSU, nor shit they learned in PSU when making PSO2. If they could remember it between PSU and PSP2i they could remember it when making PSO2.

But hey.

Ratazana
Feb 22, 2014, 10:34 PM
F2p wouldn't be bad but frankly sega's not doing it right. Every fp2 mmo in the past few years has caught on that the secret to getting lots of money and making people play forever isn't long grinds and low drop rates, its making the grinds easy and fast, and letting people make as many free characters as they want.

The more characters a person has the more gear and costumes they're gonna need, and the more money they're gonna spend. Sega's big money maker is the AC scratch, and they could be making even more if people had say 4 characters to dress up instead of 2. Making the grinds long and putting that initial character creation behind a paywall stops that impulse, and they're just missing out.

Sega focus isn't in taking a little money from a lot of people, but a lot of money from few. A whale based model.

Having additional chars behind a paywall makes a lot of sense really. With more chars you do more TACOs/Falz. The player who isn't creating new chars because it costs money probably wouldn't spend much money dressing/equipping 'em. For the player who actually spends money, 500ac for a new char is small change.

The grind is long, but they gave us the option to buy exp. It isn't cheap but I'm sure a lot of people spend money on that.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 10:52 PM
So what you're saying is, SEGA as a publisher bears no responsibility for its developers if they put out crap under SEGA's name?

No what I'm saying is Sega's teams have heavy variance. Sonic Team won't get sacked until people stop playing Sonic games which make them money and keeps them in. But who am I kidding people who play games are terrible consumers. So Sonic team will continue to be shit until eventually people find out they been had years ago.

Zyrusticae
Feb 22, 2014, 10:52 PM
Maybe I'm really fucking weird but I think that lessons learned in one game's development should be applied to future games.

There's no excuse for completely forgetting shit they learned in PSO when making PSU, nor shit they learned in PSU when making PSO2. If they could remember it between PSU and PSP2i they could remember it when making PSO2.

But hey.
I'm with ya there, the only thing you can excuse with a brand-new game is a general dearth of content (because, y'know, it's new), but once the game's out there the systems and mechanics should at least be comparable if not superior to the previous games'.

Like another poster said, the game's kind of suffering from a kind of cargo cult syndrome where they see the success of their previous products but don't really understand what actually made them successful, so they kind of poorly mime it in an attempt to replicate that success. Fortunately the game DOES get a good amount of funding, but unfortunately as an actual game it falls a bit short of the mark...

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 10:54 PM
Or maybe the game is precisely what the people paying for it deserve. :P
I mean if you are willing to bitch and yet pay the fuckers you are getting the service you pay for.

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2014, 11:01 PM
Or maybe the game is precisely what the people paying for it deserve. :P
I mean if you are willing to bitch and yet pay the fuckers you are getting the service you pay for.

This is such a meaningless, ridiculous, universally applicable false conclusion to draw from the situation that I am baffled you even felt it necessarily to post.

Any game, of any quality, of any caliber, of any price is what people who pay for it "deserve" - and that's even assuming anyone deserves anything. It's such a self-defeating conversation ender to make that I can't even comprehend the purpose of making it.

Tenlade
Feb 22, 2014, 11:05 PM
Sega focus isn't in taking a little money from a lot of people, but a lot of money from few. A whale based model.

Having additional chars behind a paywall makes a lot of sense really. With more chars you do more TACOs/Falz. The player who isn't creating new chars because it costs money probably wouldn't spend much money dressing/equipping 'em. For the player who actually spends money, 500ac for a new char is small change.

The grind is long, but they gave us the option to buy exp. It isn't cheap but I'm sure a lot of people spend money on that.
for a whale its not but for everyone else it is,and the more people buying item tickets and such, the more whales are gonna spend on Ac scratches.

if every person who makes a extra character buys at least 1 ac gold scratch costume for that character ,sega's already covered the cost of that character's creation. (and if its a cast buying 3 parts, thats even more then covered)

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 11:10 PM
If somebody is paying for a game that has issues that they harp on and complain about yet still play the game they are not doing themselves a service when their action is rewarding a 'substandard' experience. You don't reward bad behavior if you want it to improve.

What I find baffling is why would anybody pay for a substandard game and substandard service when they can vote with their wallet and from the result of lost capital the developer and publisher will have to look into what they did wrong. It's a two way street some shitty practices are only done because it can be tolerated.

The whale is a very powerful force in free to play games. Take LoL a massive game in population in where 6% of the people playing are paying and that number is where Riot is making a very tidy profit. It's how free to play works. Now remember the game is probably at 100 million users so 6% of them spending a good amount of money is still quite significant.

Perhaps PSO2 works the same way. If it does there are much better ways they can extract money from the whales look to Valve and see what they have done. Look at Nexon (The Japanese wing not the US wing those guys are bigger fuckers than Sonic Team)

gigawuts
Feb 22, 2014, 11:16 PM
If somebody is paying for a game that has issues that they harp on and complain about yet still play the game they are not doing themselves a service when their action is rewarding a 'substandard' experience. You don't reward bad behavior if you want it to improve.

What I find baffling is why would anybody pay for a substandard game and substandard service when they can vote with their wallet and from the result of lost capital the developer and publisher will have to look into what they did wrong. It's a two way street some shitty practices are only done because it can be tolerated.

The whale is a very powerful force in free to play games. Take LoL a massive game in population in where 6% of the people playing are paying and that number is where Riot is making a very tidy profit. It's how free to play works. Now remember the game is probably at 100 million users so 6% of them spending a good amount of money is still quite significant.

Perhaps PSO2 works the same way. If it does there are much better ways they can extract money from the whales look to Valve and see what they have done. Look at Nexon (The Japanese wing not the US wing those guys are bigger fuckers than Sonic Team)

So you're saying not to pay for it if you don't like what you get.

Ok.

Thanks.

I must have missed that point the other 8,000 times you've posted it.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 11:22 PM
Oh come on now I don't even have 8000 posts :P

No really it's Sonic Team you should expect less. It's their subtitle. Or you can wait until their flaws finally slap them and they address them in time. What I did say multiple times is the game will be past serviceable after the third variation of a big overhaul. Right now you have to play the hand you are given and note where it is.

I know some of the bad feelings and continued support are from the sunk cost fallacy but that is another discussion.

Tenlade
Feb 22, 2014, 11:23 PM
The whales sega is making money off of have no problem with the system, and the people who complain about spending ac would probably buy from the player shop, giving the wales more incentive to keep spending to sell more in player shops anyway. If you're one actually capable of boycotting, you're not the whale sega's chasing anyway.

The only effective boycott would be one of cash items in the player shops on a massive scale , to stop the whale's main source of ingame income and way of spending AC

but no way in heck you're getting inbetween gaming nerds and thier little anime girl dresses.

ShinMaruku
Feb 22, 2014, 11:30 PM
The whales sega is making money off of have no problem with the system, and the people who complain about spending ac would probably buy from the player shop, giving the wales more incentive to keep spending to sell more in player shops anyway. If you're one actually capable of boycotting, you're not the whale sega's chasing anyway.

The only effective boycott would be one of cash items in the player shops on a massive scale , to stop the whale's main source of ingame income and way of spending AC

but no way in heck you're getting inbetween gaming nerds and thier little anime girl dresses.

In that case you play the hand that you are given. Another thing is to tactfully explain your issues to the guys in design and not if they have followed it because some of the bad decisions will end up in data that they can see and will act on but sometimes it's better to let them know what is going on. Don't expect them to know everything some are willing to listen.

Ratazana
Feb 22, 2014, 11:51 PM
for a whale its not but for everyone else it is,and the more people buying item tickets and such, the more whales are gonna spend on Ac scratches.

if every person who makes a extra character buys at least 1 ac gold scratch costume for that character ,sega's already covered the cost of that character's creation. (and if its a cast buying 3 parts, thats even more then covered)

You are sub-estimating the amount of money whales bring. An extra char would mean meseta would be created at a faster rate. The higher inflation and issues that it would create probably take priority over casuals spending a little more money.

They are probably saving the hardcore stuff for near the end. Paid missions with bis stuff, better untreatable rare drop/suffix boost from ac only, etc. Things like that decimates the free/non-whale population.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 23, 2014, 03:35 AM
So you're saying not to pay for it if you don't like what you get.

Ok.

Thanks.

I must have missed that point the other 8,000 times you've posted it.
Why do you insist on taking him seriously.

But hey.I'm pretty sure the Sonic Team we knew two decades ago got fired or left, didn't they? Still no excuse for them throwing important things out the window, though.

Ratazana
Feb 23, 2014, 03:55 AM
Sonic Team died a long time ago. PSO2 Director, Kimura, who is a hardcore player since PSO has pretty much carte blanche to do anything he wants, as long as it brings sega money.

You can't expect much when the guy in charge of things has vested interests and is known to flaunt 6s stuff on his personal account on the day it's released.

For all we know, the incoming change to slotting might as well be because he wants to keep his 6s (he was forced to dial back to 4s after getting a lot of flak).

Tenlade
Feb 23, 2014, 08:48 AM
You are sub-estimating the amount of money whales bring. An extra char would mean meseta would be created at a faster rate. The higher inflation and issues that it would create probably take priority over casuals spending a little more money.
Really overestimating the amount of players that run tacos multiple times.

They are probably saving the hardcore stuff for near the end. Paid missions with bis stuff, better untreatable rare drop/suffix boost from ac only, etc. Things like that decimates the free/non-whale population.
Spoilers: they already do this indirectly with selling extreme passes for net cafe points.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 23, 2014, 10:31 AM
Really overestimating the amount of players that run tacos multiple times.._. what kind of people do you run with?

I have multiple friends with 7 or more characters. I think it's about right.

Tenlade
Feb 23, 2014, 10:49 AM
._. what kind of people do you run with?

I have multiple friends with 7 or more characters. I think it's about right.

Not a single member on my team has 7 characters. Most of my team can't even coordinate to do a single TACO run , let alone multiple times.

gigawuts
Feb 23, 2014, 11:06 AM
I know a few people who probably have that many characters, but they loathe TAs. I can't really blame them; it's totally understandable to find them boring as hell. Especially Lillipa and Amduscia.

Most people I know don't regularly run TAs. Some refuse to run them. Some prefer not to unless they're saving up. Others do them three times a day. It's really down to just whether or not the person likes them or not. I personally find them relaxing in the exact same way I found PSO1 rare hunting relaxing (running a map you're familiar with to pass the time), so if I'm not otherwise engaged I'm always down for a TA set.

Mysterious-G
Feb 23, 2014, 11:09 AM
>Complain about random-generated crap
>Loathe TAs

Yes, this fansbase is indeed a special snowflake.

gigawuts
Feb 23, 2014, 11:13 AM
>Complain about random-generated crap
>Loathe TAs

Yes, this fansbase is indeed a special snowflake.

Holy fucking shit do you mean to tell me that a community, which is made up of more than 1 person, can have more than 1 opinion?

Jesus fuck almighty can that even happen? Is it possible that different people can have different opinions? I dunno, let's do a test right now.

You and I are both part of the PSO2 community. You seem to be unable to grasp the fact that different people are not the same person. I can grasp that. Wow, looks like it! Yep, a community contains people that evidently can think different things.

jooozek
Feb 23, 2014, 11:13 AM
TAs are bad because loltonsarunning
i dont know anyone who likes amduscia

Mysterious-G
Feb 23, 2014, 11:18 AM
But even the fact that people have varying opinions doesn't lessen hypocrisy in disliking the one for not being like the other, but then disliking the other as well?
Though I was not directing it at you in the first place Giga-san. Gomenasai.

gigawuts
Feb 23, 2014, 11:24 AM
But even the fact that people have varying opinions doesn't lessen hypocrisy in disliking the one for not being like the other, but then disliking the other as well?
Though I was not directing it at you in the first place Giga-san. Gomenasai.

1. 99% of people saying they dislike one are not the same people saying they dislike the other. Most people I know who can't stand TAs never complain about random maps.
2. You don't have to automatically love every single static map if you dislike random maps. TAs are fucking boring. The reason we liked static maps was they also had enemies with better droprates - you know, what we had in PSO1 and PSU.

I can't believe I actually have to lay this shit out.

Mysterious-G
Feb 23, 2014, 11:27 AM
Maybe you should work on your tone. It makes me lose all interest to discuss this any further. Shame.

gigawuts
Feb 23, 2014, 11:29 AM
Maybe you should work on your tone. It makes me lose all interest to discuss this any further. Shame.

Not really. There's nothing to discuss.

BIG OLAF
Feb 23, 2014, 11:37 AM
What kind of response would one expect when they enter a thread just to make a sweeping generalization about a forum community?

Sayara
Feb 23, 2014, 12:50 PM
My biggest gripe for the game is the painfully obvious fact that its expensive to have fun.

Being crippling weak? Not fun. Pay tons of meseta to get a better weapon
Wanting to look super cool? Pay 2m for this persons cosplay, or 600k for this cool outfit, or 2m for this cool dark edgy weapon (this is an example)
Want to play popular missions with alot of people (EQ?) Need premium status to get to populated blocks (during busy seasons)

Like Ive had friends get frustrated with all these silly issues and shit when they get right to the end of it.
"I wanna fucking kill monsters and look cool with my friends."

Aussei
Feb 23, 2014, 01:06 PM
My biggest gripe for the game is the painfully obvious fact that its expensive to have fun.

Wanting to look super cool? Pay 2m for this persons cosplay, or 600k for this cool outfit, or 2m for this cool dark edgy weapon (this is an example)
Want to play popular missions with alot of people (EQ?) Need premium status to get to populated blocks (during busy seasons)

Like Ive had friends get frustrated with all these silly issues and shit when they get right to the end of it.

I agree with you there. I'm very casual player. I play almost everyday but for a few hours, go do what I need to do, maybe play a little more later in the day and to be honest I can't find the time to sit down long enough to do all Time Attacks.

I have a life and things to take care of so investing lots of time in grinding, farming isn't too possible for me. Maybe SEGA is trying to create an army of hikkikomoris. Maybe that's the demographic they're aiming for?! They'd make gwap off of them! Whoa... lol (I'm just kidding if you really take this seriously I'll smash my face on this desk I swear...)

Nah but seriously. It's right, taking the grind and farming out of F2P games is the right direction. Aion used to be the biggest friggin' grind fest and the NA NCsoft really stream-lined it but maintained a level a challenge. Easy to level but you still have to work for your equipment. Cash shop is mostly cosmetic and mounts and EXP boosters... Like PSO2... But in Aion you can trade, you can sell stuff in the player market, you can switch between channels/servers freely.... And it's gotten a big turn out ever since it went F2P. ...

It's not just about the maps and random maps or drop rates whatever for me, it's more about the time that I have to invest in order to work towards what I want. The only way to lessen that time is to buy AC but not everyone is that financially stable. Everyone has a different lifestyle and financial standing. I can't spend my money on AC. I'd have to skip eating if I did that lol.

Like you said, "I just wanna look cool and have fun with my friends by killing stuff." ;___; I'm not worried about being the very best....Getting a 13 star weapon....I dun care mang. I don't have time to worry about this.

ShinMaruku
Feb 23, 2014, 01:19 PM
Why do you insist on taking him seriously.
I'm pretty sure the Sonic Team we knew two decades ago got fired or left, didn't they? Still no excuse for them throwing important things out the window, though.

Why would anyone take anything in this tactless place seriously?

As for the Sonic team of 15 years ago they got either grabbed by Mark Cerny (The man behind Sonic 2-Knuckles as well as a shit ton of games and studios people know and love. Naughty Dog and Insomniac for example) when he left Sega or those who moved on to make other platformers and games. Jak 2-3 for example was worked on by some Former Sonic Team developers they may still be at Naughty Dog. Some of them were placed by Cerny onto the Rachet and Clank series and what not. Those we have left either were not good enough to have left or are the parts of Sega who do ports and b tier games. So if you expect something good from those folks who are there you need to adjust your expectations.

It's quite easy to make generalizations of a community when you have a loud sample size always in front of you. Now this may not be accurate since most people will just play the game. But the visible part always has a large hand in the perception.

All I can say is most of the people here need to either work on tact or not be surprised by the reactions they get.

Neith
Feb 23, 2014, 01:33 PM
'Races have been thoroughly balanced'.

...Shame the same can't be said for classes Sega.

Also laughed at 'an infinite amount of content'. - Maybe if you're willing to wait a few more years and most of it will be emergency missions you can't run most of the time. :lol:

Let's not even go into 'enemies co-operating'... :disapprove:

gigawuts
Feb 23, 2014, 01:53 PM

Also laughed at 'an infinite amount of content'. - Maybe if you're willing to wait a few more years and most of it will be emergency missions you can't run most of the time. :lol:

The thing is, races really haven't been thoroughly balanced. The reduced tatk and tdef on casts stings like a motherfucker at times. Try to put on the primula unit set as a hu/ficast. Do it. It's seriously just dumb.

Edson Drake
Feb 23, 2014, 02:03 PM

I agree. I would just love if equipment had a decent sell price and Tacos were intended for a whole different purpose. Tacos feel like work, exactly the kind of thing I move away from when I'm playing.

I feel that Sega wants us to use a certain class, a "flavor of the week" thing, for example, we had Gunner as the O.G. class for quite a while, and now it's Braver's turn. I hope Force is next, then Ranger, and hopefully, everything will be balanced.

gigawuts
Feb 23, 2014, 02:12 PM
Hunter needs it as much as force these days. Just Guard & Just Counter's JA circle should be part of hunter weapons like it is for katanas, and the Just Counter skill should be a damage bonus. Then add Counter Recovery and Counter Bonus for HP & PP when you do a Just Guard. Weapon gear needs a serious tweaking, the Fury Stance tree needs some skills removed & bonuses reduced (with HU weapons gaining damage to make up for it). Every weapon's gear should be easy to get to as Twin Mechgun Gear is - on the main path, virtually impossible to not be able to access.

Force's tree is also the main source of a lot of its problems. Unique abilities (fire charge S, bolt PP save) should be near the top and only cost 5 SP. PP Revival should just be part of techs.

Really, Hunter & Force's main issue is just a lack of multipliers on subclasses. If Hunter and Force could sub Hunter they'd be fine in the current meta, for the most part. The only reason Techer is alright is because the gear itself functions as a multiplier in the field if you have multiple enemies to hit (also because it can sub Hunter). Oh, and because they nearly doubled Sazan's damage. Sega sure loves its "Wait, this is underpowered? Try doubling its damage" method of 'balancing.'

Bellion
Feb 23, 2014, 02:13 PM
Ra, Fi, Hu, and Gu Casts cannot equip 420 T-def stuff without subclassing Fo, Te, and Br. That's freakin' racist.

All will be forgiven with OP SUVs.

Shadowth117
Feb 23, 2014, 02:46 PM
All will be forgiven with OP SUVs.

Please no. Ares Espada and Paradi Cataract are not necessary here.

gigawuts
Feb 23, 2014, 02:49 PM
Don't worry, they'll give daggers a long range PA that's virtually identical to an old SUV soon enough. What's that? Daggers are meant for precision aerial combat? Here, have a move meant for use on the ground where it will never ever get the gear bonus, and then have the facerolliest best AOE out of any of fighter's weapons!

pkemr4
Feb 23, 2014, 02:50 PM

>makes a flame bait post
>doesnt want people to reply with snarky remarks

OK.

Shadowth117
Feb 23, 2014, 02:59 PM
Don't worry, they'll give daggers a long range PA that's virtually identical to an old SUV soon enough. What's that? Daggers are meant for precision aerial combat? Here, have a move meant for use on the ground where it will never ever get the gear bonus, and then have the facerolliest best AOE out of any of fighter's weapons!

Lol.... so true. I'm assuming we get the wired lance PA that that has the aoe of HUnar's final OE swing except it goes through walls and can spawn kill 10+ mobs on foreigner ping a little after that?

Tenlade
Feb 23, 2014, 02:59 PM

hi what are Advance quest trade in rares? including the new ones next month? or weapon crafting? or XQ rares? Oh im sorry, its not that THE BESTEST RARES EVER AND THOSE ARE SO EXP-oh wait the 12* weapons cant be bought.

So you're just throwing hissy fits because the specific rare you want isnt available got ya. Seriously, "oh god i have to spend money to upgrade weapons in an MMMORPG" Unheard of.

Shadowth117
Feb 23, 2014, 03:12 PM
hi what are Advance quest trade in rares? including the new ones next month? or weapon crafting? or XQ rares? Oh im sorry, its not that THE BESTEST RARES EVER AND THOSE ARE SO EXP-oh wait the 12* weapons cant be bought.

So you're just throwing hissy fits because the specific rare you want isnt available got ya. Seriously, "oh god i have to spend money to upgrade weapons in an MMMORPG" Unheard of.

Not really. Weapons mainly become more powerful than others right now because of their latents. Those % bonuses actually do a very substantial amount more than the ones with sillier latents. If we were talking pure attack stat, than yeah, you'd definitely have something to prove there.

Sayara
Feb 23, 2014, 03:28 PM

Prior to crafting a majority of weapons were hopelessly weak. If they can't easily obtain 10 stars.
Some people enjoy the look of weapons like say blade dance which unless they hunted for it couldn't just get it without dishing 30 bucks for the AC and 10* trading.

Some people dont have the time IR patience for the 90 plus stones or the exq stuff either and just want the cool looking weapon. Or they find it unappealing anyway.

Lets not even talk about the alternative route of strengthen weapons affixing and grinding to someone who is casual usually wont bother the millions. Needed

Further there isn't real need for hostility about it. Just pointing out the opinions I've heard from my friends who just "wanna kill shit and have fun with friends "

GoldenFalcon
Feb 23, 2014, 03:37 PM
If Hunter could sub Hunter they'd be fine in the current meta, for the most part.

AC option incoming, allowing you to subclass with a different tree

LightBreaker
Feb 25, 2014, 07:30 PM
I just want to point out the very first game ever that had a guild system had multiple chat channels for it. That game is something like 30 years old now.

Yeah....

Joke post?

Bro, do you even time?

ThePendragon
Feb 25, 2014, 07:38 PM
I hate PSO2 so much, it is the worst game ever. PSO clearly did everything better. The jump physics in PSO2 are unrealistic. I should not be able to jump. It should be more like PSO. Less technics, smaller areas, simpler combat. Smaller amount of enemies. Less customization. And what's with the constant updates, I hate having to constantly download shit to play this game. They should update once a year or something.

Yeah, this game sux, right guys? Let's keep playing it so we can keep posting about how much we hate it.