PDA

View Full Version : Braver Stats help

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 22, 2014, 01:05 PM
I'm not so sure whether my stats are bad, or im just buns at this game even while using the most OP class. My computer does lag like hell in this game, but i try to ignore that. (my mouse is always a few milliseconds dragging behind, same with keyboard and i use a laptop to play :P). I die so easilly going solo in XQ's or TA quests even while i'm level capped at 65 for braver and 49 for hunter. I know i'm probably asking super general questions, but i need help because my stats seem pretty poor right now... forget my mag because i fed my mag completely wrong wihtout even knowing about how it adds to your base stats until a month ago. I started playing around right before episode two came out and got stuck with a newman male (unlucky me, i was completely clueless at the time) and i finally reached level cap in this game. So i'm just wondering how are my stats? At end-game, does all stat boosts count on how you affix your equipment?

my character stats with my strongest equipment and mag is:

758 HP
117 PP
1526 S-atk (non-crafted affixed dio-sigalga katana equip)
1479 r-atk (non-crafted lambda beldrea+7 equip)
508 dex
1200 s-def
1169 r-def
1086 t-def
(with a 2/3 crafted vardha unit set)

my biggest question about units is what does teh range resists and blow resists do? are they more effective in defense than the raw numbers that are given in crafting? i have 3 potential sets of high end 10 star units but they are all missing one peice to get the set bonus, i have 2/3's of the 10 star electric set, 2/3s of the haze set, and 2/3 of the luxe set, when i happened to get the last peice to anyone of these sets, which is the most worth affixing for a braver?

WildarmsRE5
Feb 23, 2014, 01:08 AM
oh. . . you shouldn't have crafted the vardha unit. . .

try to get a new non-crafted vardha unit and get all set.

also, you're not supposed to solo XQs and TAs.

and I'd want to see your stats without wearing anything, no weapons, no units, but keep the MAG on.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 24, 2014, 03:37 PM
oh. . . you shouldn't have crafted the vardha unit. . .

try to get a new non-crafted vardha unit and get all set.

and I'd want to see your stats without wearing anything, no weapons, no units, but keep the MAG on.

Ok, i got a screen shot in the attachment of my stats without any equipment except for my mag. I also have 3 extra spare full vardha sets, is there any suggestions on how i should i affix? I'm debating over the importance of PP or HP in my unit affixing currently...

WildarmsRE5
Feb 25, 2014, 03:13 AM
Ok, i got a screen shot in the attachment of my stats without any equipment except for my mag. I also have 3 extra spare full vardha sets, is there any suggestions on how i should i affix? I'm debating over the importance of PP or HP in my unit affixing currently...ok, I'm no pro on Katana (or Hybrid) Braver but, the stats you have are good enough, 600 S-ATK is fine unless you have Orochi Agito (which is HIGHLY unlikely.) now, unless you aren't spamming shunka like everyone else, you aren't going to ROFL mobs. If you do, I don't even know what I don't know.

what to affix is entirely up to you, whether you want to survive more hits, or hit hard more times is your decision.

UnLucky
Feb 25, 2014, 03:49 AM
What's your skill tree look like? If you don't have at least Fury Stance and Fury Combo maxed, you're going to be weak no matter what your gear/mag is.

deahamlet
Feb 25, 2014, 12:34 PM
Okay, let's see... Your equips are NOT why you die in this game. So on the issue of dying you have to practice more and know what is best to use and when (especially to fit with your playstyle). If you are lagging, shunka without katana combat invulnerability can be a bad idea. You WILL get hit if you shunka glide through a boss' move. Keep that in mind. You always have to choose between bursting as much shunka during katana combat OR getting the most hits in to maximize finisher (30 was supposed to be the trick number. kankaran or whatever it's called can help with that).

If you feel threatened, use the bow with Master PA if you made a hybrid braver. You will be doing more damage but when solo dead = fail, so slower is okay. Use bow with Kamikaze and other moves if you feel okay with the boss and it's not a very jumpy boss (Banish+Kamikaze is great, Banish multiplies any damage to the spot where you place it, Last Nemesis is great too). Honestly Kamikaze on banthers for example is tricky stuff. Keep alive by watching your pray, evading when you need evading, hamming it up when it's safe. Use Sakura or Hatou for fast boss damage if you only have a short amount of time to get some damage in. If you have time for 3-4 hits safely, use Shunka while being locked on to your target.

Specific advice for the TA/Extremes: You can do TAs on VH by yourself easy. Simply use katana combat invincibility on all bosses and they should be dead by the time your finisher kicks in. Make sure to walk in to the boss room with it off cool down, don't waste it on mobs. On SH, I'd suggest Nab II or Sanctum (Sanctum is easier for fo/te or gu/ra tbh); you only need to do one. SH TA might need you to practice a bit. Remember that you CAN bring bots in to TA and XQ, I don't suggest it for XQ since I don't know how the "don't heal" is affected by the bot healing you. Bring a fo/te or te/fo with you in TA to get some free heals (if you see a black cloud, fight in it). XQ I would only suggest floors 1-5, doing the boses with the conditions they set requires you to become better at fighting those bosses. Don't waste extreme passes on boss runs unless you are very comfortable with any bosses that may appear in those levels. Generally boss levels are done in parties.

Now to your stats. Your trees make a much bigger difference than your mag or your gear, no offence. So as a hybrid you need to have katana combat, katana finisher, katana invincibility (I don't remember the names of all these parts, but I'm sure you get what I'm referring to)... average stance (even the charge part, not the crit), hopefully some rapid shot, especially mastery. Click here for the bare bones (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbIn 0000000lb000009b000000lb000009b000000lb0000000Ibf4 NdnmxkKI2fGDI20000), if you have dex on your mag you can get braver mag, you can also put points into reducing katana combat cooldown (left 9 points available to play with). What you did with your hunter tree makes another huge difference. If you put points anywhere except step attack/j-reversal and fury stance, your damage will decrease. Pretty much that's all you need to spend points into.

When you solo damage is important, but not as important as knowing the boss you are fighting, his moves, and when to attack.

As far as units, I personally like Vibras units for a cheap alternative, high defenses and good bonus. Can increase your damage if using Vibras bow which is a hu/br bow as a bonus.

Good luck.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 25, 2014, 02:46 PM
Okay, let's see... Your equips are NOT why you die in this game. So on the issue of dying you have to practice more and know what is best to use and when (especially to fit with your playstyle). If you are lagging, shunka without katana combat invulnerability can be a bad idea. You WILL get hit if you shunka glide through a boss' move. Keep that in mind. You always have to choose between bursting as much shunka during katana combat OR getting the most hits in to maximize finisher (30 was supposed to be the trick number. kankaran or whatever it's called can help with that).

If you feel threatened, use the bow with Master PA if you made a hybrid braver. You will be doing more damage but when solo dead = fail, so slower is okay. Use bow with Kamikaze and other moves if you feel okay with the boss and it's not a very jumpy boss (Banish+Kamikaze is great, Banish multiplies any damage to the spot where you place it, Last Nemesis is great too). Honestly Kamikaze on banthers for example is tricky stuff. Keep alive by watching your pray, evading when you need evading, hamming it up when it's safe. Use Sakura or Hatou for fast boss damage if you only have a short amount of time to get some damage in. If you have time for 3-4 hits safely, use Shunka while being locked on to your target.

Specific advice for the TA/Extremes: You can do TAs on VH by yourself easy. Simply use katana combat invincibility on all bosses and they should be dead by the time your finisher kicks in. Make sure to walk in to the boss room with it off cool down, don't waste it on mobs. On SH, I'd suggest Nab II or Sanctum (Sanctum is easier for fo/te or gu/ra tbh); you only need to do one. SH TA might need you to practice a bit. Remember that you CAN bring bots in to TA and XQ, I don't suggest it for XQ since I don't know how the "don't heal" is affected by the bot healing you. Bring a fo/te or te/fo with you in TA to get some free heals (if you see a black cloud, fight in it). XQ I would only suggest floors 1-5, doing the boses with the conditions they set requires you to become better at fighting those bosses. Don't waste extreme passes on boss runs unless you are very comfortable with any bosses that may appear in those levels. Generally boss levels are done in parties.

Now to your stats. Your trees make a much bigger difference than your mag or your gear, no offence. So as a hybrid you need to have katana combat, katana finisher, katana invincibility (I don't remember the names of all these parts, but I'm sure you get what I'm referring to)... average stance (even the charge part, not the crit), hopefully some rapid shot, especially mastery. Click here for the bare bones (http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbIn 0000000lb000009b000000lb000009b000000lb0000000Ibf4 NdnmxkKI2fGDI20000), if you have dex on your mag you can get braver mag, you can also put points into reducing katana combat cooldown (left 9 points available to play with). What you did with your hunter tree makes another huge difference. If you put points anywhere except step attack/j-reversal and fury stance, your damage will decrease. Pretty much that's all you need to spend points into.

When you solo damage is important, but not as important as knowing the boss you are fighting, his moves, and when to attack.

As far as units, I personally like Vibras units for a cheap alternative, high defenses and good bonus. Can increase your damage if using Vibras bow which is a hu/br bow as a bonus.

Good luck.

Lol yea I have a nearly maxed out fury stance but I made a mistake in putting nothing in katana combat escape so..... Yea... I thought it was useless. I also recently made another brain fart mistake in accidentally putting 5 sp into ten star mastery instead of braver mag. I hate using bows because they're too slow. And yea, I only get hit when I lag during a dash or guard... Turning off shaders brings performance up a ton and totally eliminates the mouse lag that used to never go away, but the game honestly just looks so ugly after that =.=". As for my attacks I barely hit 45000 on weak spots when I see people who are not even using braver hitting 60000, very frustrating :/. And I also use a maxed out average stance. With the left over exp after maxing out an average stance and braver mag, is it better to invest in weak stance or the bullet bow tree ?even though I don't use bows very much?

TaigaUC
Feb 25, 2014, 03:25 PM

TAs aren't that difficult to solo.
I know I've seen some people solo XQ, but that was Gu/Hu.

Zeota
Feb 25, 2014, 05:08 PM
Not hard to solo TA at all, especially since you can have NPC's in tow. I have a friend that 2-boxes them.

deahamlet
Feb 25, 2014, 06:32 PM
Lol yea I have a nearly maxed out fury stance but I made a mistake in putting nothing in katana combat escape so..... Yea... I thought it was useless. I also recently made another brain fart mistake in accidentally putting 5 sp into ten star mastery instead of braver mag. I hate using bows because they're too slow. And yea, I only get hit when I lag during a dash or guard... Turning off shaders brings performance up a ton and totally eliminates the mouse lag that used to never go away, but the game honestly just looks so ugly after that =.=". As for my attacks I barely hit 45000 on weak spots when I see people who are not even using braver hitting 60000, very frustrating :/. And I also use a maxed out average stance. With the left over exp after maxing out an average stance and braver mag, is it better to invest in weak stance or the bullet bow tree ?even though I don't use bows very much?

If you are redoing your tree, investing into rapid shoot + rapid shoot mastery is better than weak stance. There are not enough points to get both stances to a decent stage and weak stance is better with bows and katana only if you REALLY really know what you're doing (with some mobs even that won't help as the weak point is like the very top of their heads etc). You need katana combat escape, that was a mistake. There's some people who pew-pew it, don't listen... 20 seconds of invulnerability can mean a lot of damage or just the thing to save your behind. I can pump a ton of damage for 20s with shunka on a boss and the finisher is just bonus candy by that point. And I have a dex mag, full hybrid tree.

I'm not sure it's healthy to focus so much on what other people are doing damage wise. Missing 15k versus a pure s-atk, 6 slot mofo braver katana user who runs almost permanently purple... who cares? I can see WAY bigger numbers in one hit on my fo/te on a dark weak enemy but does that mean fo/te doesn't suck?

Save your meseta and just get better at the game. Once you have good amounts of meseta and experience here are the key things:

1. If you hate bows, make average stance/katana (ALL the katana things), rare mastery your priority. Also a new mag with 175 s-atk. If the 15k difference in dps pains you that much, having a PERFECT TREE and a PERFECT MAG is required. Numbers are a trap and cost AC to fix.
2. Get 50 element weapons for the main elements: light, fire, lightning, dark, ice... not convinced wind is necessary really. This is expensive. I suggest you choose a great weapon with good latent or the best weapon (susano is 75mil for example) and make it light 50. If it's an expensive weapon you'll need to either have the meseta to buy 2 of the same element (and a light changer which is going 2.5mil and up now) or throw a ton of cheap katanas at it from Mining (I have 20 katanas sitting in bank from Mining lol). The other elements I strongly suggest a decent weapon that isn't very expensive. You have to be swimming in it to have 5 Susanos 50 element each. 50 element makes a BIG DIFFERENCE in the number you see. [List of katanas (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_14.php#10*), the top 3 are damn expensive, Susano can be used as hunter/braver which means more HP and defenses; the other two were 30mil at least last I checked]
3. Slots on weapons and units... Quartz or Vol Soul + Power III is the basic. Anything above that is costly. You can get Ability III and Power Boost which will increase your actual numbers. You can also get Spirita III so you can use more PAs in a row. Everything over 3 slots is expensive. Ability III I think even with 30% booster maxes out at 90% success so even throwing millions of meseta at it you can fail. 30% boost requires 20 AC items, I think? Units, same deal.
4. Choice of units: the best katanas do not make a pairing with a unit set so the most s-atk you can get is 90 s-atk. Some people go for a 2-unit set + a third because it gives 60 s-atk and a lot of hp/pp, but it's expensive as all hell. Choose a 3-set that gives 90 s-atk and should be great. If you're swimming in meseta, adding Power Boost to each unit or Ability III might do more for you than buying the 60mil+ 2unit set.

All of these things will cost you a lot of meseta, and some of it will cost you AC (aka real money) such as the mag and the skill tree (if out of resets).

Maining katana only means you have to learn how to play, when to block, etc.... and trying to activate katana gear with a delay is asking for death imho.

Good luck.

infiniteeverlasting
Feb 27, 2014, 08:15 AM
If you are redoing your tree, investing into rapid shoot + rapid shoot mastery is better than weak stance. There are not enough points to get both stances to a decent stage and weak stance is better with bows and katana only if you REALLY really know what you're doing (with some mobs even that won't help as the weak point is like the very top of their heads etc). You need katana combat escape, that was a mistake. There's some people who pew-pew it, don't listen... 20 seconds of invulnerability can mean a lot of damage or just the thing to save your behind. I can pump a ton of damage for 20s with shunka on a boss and the finisher is just bonus candy by that point. And I have a dex mag, full hybrid tree.

I'm not sure it's healthy to focus so much on what other people are doing damage wise. Missing 15k versus a pure s-atk, 6 slot mofo braver katana user who runs almost permanently purple... who cares? I can see WAY bigger numbers in one hit on my fo/te on a dark weak enemy but does that mean fo/te doesn't suck?

Save your meseta and just get better at the game. Once you have good amounts of meseta and experience here are the key things:

1. If you hate bows, make average stance/katana (ALL the katana things), rare mastery your priority. Also a new mag with 175 s-atk. If the 15k difference in dps pains you that much, having a PERFECT TREE and a PERFECT MAG is required. Numbers are a trap and cost AC to fix.
2. Get 50 element weapons for the main elements: light, fire, lightning, dark, ice... not convinced wind is necessary really. This is expensive. I suggest you choose a great weapon with good latent or the best weapon (susano is 75mil for example) and make it light 50. If it's an expensive weapon you'll need to either have the meseta to buy 2 of the same element (and a light changer which is going 2.5mil and up now) or throw a ton of cheap katanas at it from Mining (I have 20 katanas sitting in bank from Mining lol). The other elements I strongly suggest a decent weapon that isn't very expensive. You have to be swimming in it to have 5 Susanos 50 element each. 50 element makes a BIG DIFFERENCE in the number you see. [List of katanas (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_14.php#10*), the top 3 are damn expensive, Susano can be used as hunter/braver which means more HP and defenses; the other two were 30mil at least last I checked]
3. Slots on weapons and units... Quartz or Vol Soul + Power III is the basic. Anything above that is costly. You can get Ability III and Power Boost which will increase your actual numbers. You can also get Spirita III so you can use more PAs in a row. Everything over 3 slots is expensive. Ability III I think even with 30% booster maxes out at 90% success so even throwing millions of meseta at it you can fail. 30% boost requires 20 AC items, I think? Units, same deal.
4. Choice of units: the best katanas do not make a pairing with a unit set so the most s-atk you can get is 90 s-atk. Some people go for a 2-unit set + a third because it gives 60 s-atk and a lot of hp/pp, but it's expensive as all hell. Choose a 3-set that gives 90 s-atk and should be great. If you're swimming in meseta, adding Power Boost to each unit or Ability III might do more for you than buying the 60mil+ 2unit set.

All of these things will cost you a lot of meseta, and some of it will cost you AC (aka real money) such as the mag and the skill tree (if out of resets).

Maining katana only means you have to learn how to play, when to block, etc.... and trying to activate katana gear with a delay is asking for death imho.

Good luck.

Thank you for all the feedback guys :) I'll try investing in bow tree, but killing 10 enemies in 30 seconds with a bow sounds a bit diffucult In XQs

kuromechan
Feb 26, 2015, 06:08 PM

why revive a dead thread

Crixxic
Feb 26, 2015, 06:11 PM
I needed to spam 10 posts so I could make one with a link in it I guess I could have made my own thread to do so was not really thinking but w/e I already started lol

SilenWhisper
Feb 27, 2015, 03:23 AM
You made a Full melee Male Newman & you're wondering whether your stats are bad or not?

wefwq
Feb 27, 2015, 04:57 AM
You made a Full melee Male Newman & you're wondering whether your stats are bad or not?
lel that pic
How ironic.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 27, 2015, 02:03 PM

I know this thread is necroed, but really, race doesn't have much to do with anything. I know. I'm playing a female newman with 2400 s atk without drinks/buffed, and will be breaking 2600+ when boost week rolls around. My sakura ends are ~15k+ per cut. Racial stat differences -> damage is barely worth 1% extra damage in any case.