PDA

View Full Version : Missing Characters

Nanbobo
Feb 22, 2014, 02:16 PM
Hi all,
I have just installed the game step by step according to the guides you have so awesomely provided.
I am in game, and character creation is bugged. I have no character model. Passing this up after chosing my character options (blindly). I enter the game. Game runs great, only problem. No characters (me), just name tag is on the map. Even the characters in the quest window are missing. The windows, buttons, options, maps, terrain, world, ALL OTHER works GREAT! But it is as if the character themselves are not there.

I have yes, updated the graphics driver.
Updated the story English file. Checked all files, installed the english patches. Launched game. Same result each time.
Please help :-?

Noc Codez
Feb 22, 2014, 02:33 PM
check files

Nanbobo
Feb 22, 2014, 06:12 PM
Any other info? I have personally checked files by making sure the folders intact. I have re ran all the check updates and english files.
Do you recomend I uninstall and reinstall? (the only thing I have yet to do).

Sizustar
Feb 22, 2014, 06:55 PM
No, check file as in, use the default Launcher to check the file, then if it works, then run the english patch.
And what is your GPU?
Did you update your directX to the latest version?

Sandmind
Feb 22, 2014, 06:58 PM
Try to lower your graphic? I remember with my old video card, I couldn't play on anything higher than lowest, otherwise game auto crashed when going to load a character. That was with the character creator V1 and 1st week of pso2 after official launch.

Otherwise, maybe check remaining hard drive space?

Nanbobo
Feb 23, 2014, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the update guys. I got it working (Updated Netframe to 4.5). I could play this time with characters, but when I zoned into the next area on the tutorial, the entire PC just shut down. I never restarted it, and just went to bed. Came back online this morning. Rechecked all files and installed all patches just to be safe. It worked and I finished the tutorial mission.
The only thing wonky, bits and pieces are in english, some story parts, not all. In general, the over all story is in Japanese, but just some menus (the important ones thank god), and some in game dialog is English...Way to afraid to reload any more files, it runs, that is the most important for now ehehe!

Sizustar
Feb 23, 2014, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the update guys. I got it working (Updated Netframe to 4.5). I could play this time with characters, but when I zoned into the next area on the tutorial, the entire PC just shut down. I never restarted it, and just went to bed. Came back online this morning. Rechecked all files and installed all patches just to be safe. It worked and I finished the tutorial mission.
The only thing wonky, bits and pieces are in english, some story parts, not all. In general, the over all story is in Japanese, but just some menus (the important ones thank god), and some in game dialog is English...Way to afraid to reload any more files, it runs, that is the most important for now ehehe!

Did you install the latest english patch?

Nanbobo
Feb 24, 2014, 05:09 AM
Did you install the latest english patch?

Yeah I am curious:

There is the Large File English patch DONE, there there is the story English patch (leads you to Rar file, that I installed properly)
then there is just English patch. Which I did as well....
Same thing, 50% Jap 50% englihs. All character voices are jap. BUt some are english like when I complete a mission it goes "COMPLETE"! in an english voice. The most important windows are in english (weapo stats, etc) but weapon names and all anouncements are in Japanese... It is funny actually. :bday:

But, Right now, it is running super smooth and I am having allot of fun! Thanks so much for helping the english community. I am actually from France, and I have ZERO lag issues. Game is great! ;-)

deahamlet
Feb 24, 2014, 05:25 AM
Yeah I am curious:

There is the Large File English patch DONE, there there is the story English patch (leads you to Rar file, that I installed properly)
then there is just English patch. Which I did as well....
Same thing, 50% Jap 50% englihs. All character voices are jap. BUt some are english like when I complete a mission it goes "COMPLETE"! in an english voice. The most important windows are in english (weapo stats, etc) but weapon names and all anouncements are in Japanese... It is funny actually. :bday:

But, Right now, it is running super smooth and I am having allot of fun! Thanks so much for helping the english community. I am actually from France, and I have ZERO lag issues. Game is great! ;-)

1. No voices have ever been translated, it's just J-English BS that Japanese put in their products for ungodly reasons. It's going to be in Japanese and stay that way unless SEGA releases a proper US PSO2.
2. Unless you install the STORY patch, the only things that are translated are the menus (most of them) and client orders. If you have item translator on and running most of the items are also translated. Story patch translated a lot of the story bits and pieces, but not everything. I think the things missing are in the latest story bits, but I don't know for sure as I never dared risk my game install with story patch.

If you want items (like weapon names) you have to use AIDA's Tweaker and install item translation. Be warned that for some people item translation crashes your game the second time you go to your room (within the same login session). Use at your own discretion (I use it and just restart game without it when I need to go to my room several times).

TL:DR:
English and Large English patch translates menus and most names and announcements for Emergency Codes (but not all as you will notice). Story is for the story bits. Item Translator for the items.

Shinureal
Feb 24, 2014, 04:29 PM
I have the same problem when I play on my poor laptop, but when I lower the graphics, everything works normally. Try it.