PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Live Broadcast 17

Manta Oyamada
Feb 25, 2014, 10:39 PM
http://live.nicovideo.jp/thumb/188863.jpg

PSO2 Live Broadcast
--------
Mar 4th, from 21:00 to ~23:00 ( JST _ UTC+9 )
--
About: bla bla bla and ... March Update
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv170606715?ref=qtimetable&zroute=index
---------------------------------
source: http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=3136

by PQ

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 25, 2014, 10:59 PM
All the dressup! All the kneesocks! All the leggings!

Substance? Content? What's that?

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2014, 11:11 PM
Substance? Content? What's that?
採掘基地防衛戦の第2弾クエスト
(Mine Base Defense 2, apparently they're going to play that during the livestream)

Inazuma
Feb 25, 2014, 11:14 PM
The first defense quest made it considerably easier to get the Falz 11 star weapons. Hopefully the same thing happens for the Falz 12 star weapons.

Zipzo
Feb 25, 2014, 11:29 PM
The first defense quest made it considerably easier to get the Falz 11 star weapons. Hopefully the same thing happens for the Falz 12 star weapons.

Why, if I may ask, do you wish for that hopefully?

I think rarity of the best weapons available in the entire game whether through RNG or not is a good thing...

TaigaUC
Feb 25, 2014, 11:57 PM
Mining Base Defense 2 already? I thought that was scheduled for mid-year or something.

Shinamori
Feb 26, 2014, 12:07 AM
It was scheduled for spring.

Macman
Feb 26, 2014, 12:09 AM
Betting it'll have the XQ 11* weapons as drops.

Inazuma
Feb 26, 2014, 12:23 AM

I think rarity of the best weapons available in the entire game whether through RNG or not is a good thing...

I want Psycho Wand.

gigawuts
Feb 26, 2014, 12:25 AM

They're not even all that good anymore though.

Inazuma
Feb 26, 2014, 12:27 AM
They're not even all that good anymore though.

Don't get me wrong. If I found Psycho Wand, I wouldn't use it for everything like you see some players do. I would only use Psycho Wand when it is the best weapon to use. In other words, I would pretty much never use it.

Shadowth117
Feb 26, 2014, 12:33 AM
Don't get me wrong. If I found Psycho Wand, I wouldn't use it for everything like you see some players do. I would only use Psycho Wand when it is the best weapon to use. In other words, I would pretty much never use it.

Hmm, so I guess you'd need Orochi Agito then?

Macman
Feb 26, 2014, 12:36 AM
PSE Burst seems like the logical time to use Psycho Wand for sustainability.

Inazuma
Feb 26, 2014, 12:40 AM
Hmm, so I guess you'd need Orochi Agito then?

I focus on techniques. Psycho Wand would be the very best technique related weapon for Rockbear boss rushes, and maybe a few other situations. It's not 100% useless, just close to it.

And that's just talking about right now. New techniques, recipes or balance changes could make Psycho Wand more useful in the future. I'd love to have a Psycho Wand in my storage so I'm prepared for such a thing.

Arksenth
Feb 26, 2014, 12:42 AM
I have like, 300m sitting around waiting to be spent on absolutely nothing, and even I wouldn't grind and affix a Psycho Want just to lol-mixmax-optimize for Rockbear.

wut

do not understand this mentality

Aine
Feb 26, 2014, 01:19 AM
only 300m? lol poor people

jooozek
Feb 26, 2014, 01:23 AM

pretty sure the talis from tower defense beats pw by a mile :lol:

Ratazana
Feb 26, 2014, 01:23 AM
I have like, 300m sitting around waiting to be spent on absolutely nothing, and even I wouldn't grind and affix a Psycho Want just to lol-mixmax-optimize for Rockbear.

wut

do not understand this mentality

I know right! Why would anyone want to optimize the worst class in the game? Let's optimize the second worst class. That makes perfect sense.

Inazuma
Feb 26, 2014, 01:31 AM
pretty sure the talis from tower defense beats pw by a mile :lol:

Depends on the situation. Both weapons are the best at different things. For example, the tower talis with its PP reduction latent would be great if you only use a talis for support techs, because you use Elysion for attack techs.

The advantage rods have over talises is being able to constantly re-aim your techs against moving bosses, such as Rockbear. Good luck hitting his face with Nafoie using a talis.

milranduil
Feb 26, 2014, 01:44 AM
Depends on the situation. Both weapons are the best at different things. For example, the tower talis with its PP reduction latent would be great if you only use a talis for support techs, because you use Elysion for attack techs.

The advantage rods have over talises is being able to constantly re-aim your techs against moving bosses, such as Rockbear. Good luck hitting his face with Nafoie using a talis.

But... that would mean you're using a fire tree with PP battery + EWH TE tree. I thought you considered such things heresy :wacko:

Inazuma
Feb 26, 2014, 01:57 AM
But... that would mean you're using a fire tree with PP battery + EWH TE tree. I thought you considered such things heresy :wacko:

I still have my Force fire tree, and my Tector PP Convert 10 tree to go along with it. If I had Psycho Wand, and was doing Rockbear boss rushes for some reason, I could use Nafoie. The upcoming Irufoie could be really nice as well, so maybe fire could be useful on small fry too.

Part of the reason I'm good at Force is that I am quick to adapt when the game changes. Usually what happens is Sega makes a big change, I post about it here, and people bash on me for a few months, until they eventually figure it out themselves. But by then, things could have changed again, so the cycle repeats.

Last I checked, there are many Forces here who still don't know that Elysion is OP.

Arksenth
Feb 26, 2014, 02:01 AM
Last I checked, there are many Forces here who still don't know that Elysion is OP.

OH MY GOD NO ONE CARES PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS

WE KNOW

TRUST ME

WE KNOOOOOOOW

im going to curl up in the corner and die both laughing and crying at the sheer double whammy of ignorance compounded with arrogance and then an martyr complex sprinkled on top

milranduil
Feb 26, 2014, 02:03 AM
My point is you preach the all-powerful general purpose tree for Sazan+Namegid(no o) like that's all people should use rather than thinking for a moment that people do more than run in MPA circles. They might do Lilipa missions a lot (lightning tree), they might run Forest a lot (fire tree), they might even *gasp* time attack for fun (as in not just for the TACO meseta)! People might not bash on you so much if you would stop for a nanosecond to think before you speak.

Ilfoie*
Techer*

Ratazana
Feb 26, 2014, 02:04 AM
Being stuck at one class in a game where the balancing involves a monkey, two bananas and a dart board tells me you are in fact unable to adapt.

Shadowth117
Feb 26, 2014, 02:05 AM
OH MY GOD NO ONE CARES PLEASE STOP TALKING

This applies to not only your previous post, but your posts in general.

Alma
Feb 26, 2014, 02:07 AM
Part of the reason I'm good at Force is...

SNIP

careful there fellow FO's... a good FO or TE never claim himself good, since if one start feel satisfied with its own accomplishment, one will usually stop/lazy to learn/experimenting unconsciously ^^;

but lets go back at the topic shall we, are there any info about 2nd part of tower defense out there right now?

like will its really drop *12?
or what enemy will it spawn?

Arksenth
Feb 26, 2014, 02:08 AM
This applies to not only your previous post, but your posts in general.

I'm sorry, but being rich means that I can't hear you over all this meseta.

lalalalalala

fanning self with fat wads of gold bricks

Meseta buys you hypocrisy!

Deal with it, poor person!

Shadowth117
Feb 26, 2014, 02:08 AM

lalalalalala

Oh dear... please talk to psuhc4 or SinCosTan and say that again.

milranduil
Feb 26, 2014, 02:09 AM
If you think 300m means you're within even several orders of magnitude of rich, you are "poorly" mistaken.

careful there fellow FO's... a good FO or TE never claim himself good, since if one start feel satisfied with its own accomplishment, one will usually stop/lazy to learn/experimenting unconsciously ^^;

but lets go back at the topic shall we, are there any info about 2nd part of tower defense out there right now?

like will its really drop *12?
or what enemy will it spawn?

Well, considering the live stream isn't for several days at least.... no.

TaigaUC
Feb 26, 2014, 03:38 AM
It'd be nice if everyone got along peacefully.

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2014, 03:51 AM

lalalalalala

Only a shirker would use a bar of gilded cheap metal that appears to be genuine gold. 300M really isn't much "At all".

Arksenth
Feb 26, 2014, 04:46 AM
Do you people even understand the difference between liquid assets and total assets?

No?

Copious eyerolling at the poor people!

Ohohohohohohohohoho!

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 26, 2014, 04:50 AM
Do you people even understand the difference between liquid assets and total assets?

No?

Ohohohohohohohohoho!

Could you just throw 30mil in this peasant's general direction?

Macman
Feb 26, 2014, 05:11 AM

No?
Most people don't care enough to measure their non-liquid assets.

I know I don't.

Inazuma
Feb 26, 2014, 05:15 AM

No?

Ohohohohohohohohoho!

In that case, you might consider me rich as well. Even though I only have a pathetic 63m on my main account currently, I have roughly 5 million FUN on my alt accounts. If I suddenly needed a ton of meseta for something, I could use FUN and do item transfers from my alt accounts until my main account has enough.

Lately I've been doing about 150k's worth of FUN scratch each week, and selling everything for meseta with my main account. The amount of FUN I use is slowly increasing all the time, so I should be gradually earning more meseta over time.

Sizustar
Feb 26, 2014, 05:48 AM
In that case, you might consider me rich as well. Even though I only have a pathetic 63m on my main account currently, I have roughly 5 million FUN on my alt accounts. If I suddenly needed a ton of meseta for something, I could use FUN and do item transfers from my alt accounts until my main account has enough.

Lately I've been doing about 150k's worth of FUN scratch each week, and selling everything for meseta with my main account. The amount of FUN I use is slowly increasing all the time, so I should be gradually earning more meseta over time.

I really wouldn't do that, another player I know has 11 act(He use AC on 10 of them) and the 10 that has AC recently got banned, he's still in contact with Sega trying to get them restored, since Sega seems to have a human and automatic system, because 10 Act are from same IP, the system thought it was a gold farmer.

landman
Feb 26, 2014, 06:13 AM
What are the chances of Falz Apprentice (if that is what we are going to fight in Mine Defense phase 2) having the same 12* drops as Falz Elder? Wouldn't it be great if each one had it's own 12* drops? there are 4 different Falz in the game as far as we know... enough to cover all weapon types and make each of them unique.

Macman
Feb 26, 2014, 06:19 AM
Elder's already covering around half the weapon types. There's still Double, too.

Inazuma
Feb 26, 2014, 06:33 AM
I really wouldn't do that, another player I know has 11 act(He use AC on 10 of them) and the 10 that has AC recently got banned, he's still in contact with Sega trying to get them restored, since Sega seems to have a human and automatic system, because 10 Act are from same IP, the system thought it was a gold farmer.

It's not against the rules to have multiple accounts. In fact, Sega wants people to create more accounts, so they can boast about the total number of accounts they have in their advertising.

I don't bot, or cheat or hack or anything like that. I do my best to play the game based around the official rules.

Maybe your friend was actually cheating or being abusive to other players, and that's why he got banned? If I suddenly find myself unfairly banned, I might try to get Sega to undo it, or I will boycott them and play a game from a better company.

I'm the kind of player who often gets accused of cheating. I hear it all the time, no matter what game I play. The funny thing is, I'm extremely anti-cheating. I would sooner quit a game than cheat. A lot of people have trouble telling the difference between a good player and a cheater, and also are unaware that they have personal, fictional rules.

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2014, 06:55 AM
Could you just throw 30mil in this peasant's general direction?

Pretty sure he has plenty to spare you.

Zeota
Feb 26, 2014, 07:50 AM
Most money I think I ever had was around 20m.

Damn I feel like such a scrub!

I usually just get enough to buy what I want and then spend it though.

I'm the kind of player who often gets accused of cheating. I hear it all the time, no matter what game I play. The funny thing is, I'm extremely anti-cheating. I would sooner quit a game than cheat. A lot of people have trouble telling the difference between a good player and a cheater, and also are unaware that they have personal, fictional rules.

I've had a few friends in FFXI who were just like this. I think we all have, though. A sad reality that permeates all facets of life, be it in a game or a career. Haters gonna hate.

Shinamori
Feb 26, 2014, 07:52 AM
Pretty sure he has plenty to spare you.

He's probably give it to him with 100% interest.

landman
Feb 26, 2014, 08:01 AM
Elder's already covering around half the weapon types. There's still Double, too.
Elder having most of them is understandable, Double is third, and maybe Persona Falz (or whatever they call him) the fourth, I could see Double having twin mechs and blades 12*.

Coatl
Feb 26, 2014, 10:40 AM
Elder having most of them is understandable, Double is third, and maybe Persona Falz (or whatever they call him) the fourth, I could see Double having twin mechs and blades 12*.

Wow Spoilers. Spoiler blox plz for the matterboard inepted!^^

NOW, I don't really care whether they throw in new *11s or *12s or even a *13 or whatever, I just want them to be good. The newest *12s we got from falz are all terrible in their own right, and makes ultimate falz even less worth looking forward to.

I want things like Guild Milla, Twin Kamui, Elysion, Psychowand, El Sion, and Orachi Agito. OP as all hell. :I

gigawuts
Feb 26, 2014, 10:44 AM
On the one hand, I want to say all 11*s and 12*s should be unique sidegrades instead of strict damage upgrades, since account-bound god tier damage upgrades are dumb.

But on the other I don't want to barricade unique playstyles behind the RNG account-bound uber drops, since that's even worse.

All I can really think to say is that they shouldn't be account bound. Hmph.

Ezodagrom
Feb 26, 2014, 10:49 AM
I want things like Guild Milla, Twin Kamui, Elysion, Psychowand, El Sion, and Orachi Agito. OP as all hell. :I
Ely Sion has the worst potential of all 12*s...

Coatl
Feb 26, 2014, 10:58 AM

It depends how you look at it really. With maxed out iron will and latent 3 Ely Sion, it won't put out the damage as a *10 sword would no. But you're invincible, practically. Nothing can faze you.

And that's what me and gigawuts is talking about. *11s shouldn't give you 20000% dmg and make your class only passable due to that one weapon (hi elsyion), but instead should just give you a new and unique playstyle to try out (hi guildmilla).

ShinMaruku
Feb 26, 2014, 11:02 AM
It'd be nice if everyone got along peacefully.

That requires tact and social skills and some good moderation and people looking at what is rather than what aught. Sonic Team games are rarely what they aught to be

FireswordRus
Feb 26, 2014, 11:04 AM
Restream be here http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm/

TaigaUC
Feb 26, 2014, 11:06 AM
I dunno, people tell me I'm too blunt and my social skills aren't anything amazing, but I don't really go out of my way to fight with people. If people are nice to me, I'm nice to them.

Treat others as you would like to be treated, and all that.
It's easy to slip from that without realizing it though.

Aine
Feb 26, 2014, 11:14 AM
With a new DF coming up as well I doubt they'd put 12-stars into TD. They might throw the older XQ 11-star drops (Sange, etc.) in to make them more accessible.

Atmius
Feb 26, 2014, 11:21 AM
But you're invincible, practically. Nothing can faze you.
The key downside of iron will is that it wont activate (or at least, it never has for me, please do inform me if I'm wrong) when you only have 1hp, so you have to heal every single time it activates if you actually want to live past that first near-fatal mistake.

gigawuts
Feb 26, 2014, 11:23 AM
No, that's correct. But then, if you combine it with the right stuff it can work fairly well. Automate Halfline or Deadline has its one real use in that situation, not to mention JR Cover if you can expect knockdowns.

Never Give Up gives you that period of invulnerability if you're worried about death during JR (My favorite kind of death - dying while backflipping during JR), plus that's the grace period where you can manually heal if you opt to ignore the other factors.

Then there's mag heals - a mag with 10 Heal A trigger actions would be great specifically for topping off your HP after Iron Will kicks in. Heal B is better for more HP, but triggers less often.

ShinMaruku
Feb 26, 2014, 12:28 PM
I dunno, people tell me I'm too blunt and my social skills aren't anything amazing, but I don't really go out of my way to fight with people. If people are nice to me, I'm nice to them.

Treat others as you would like to be treated, and all that.
It's easy to slip from that without realizing it though.

I feel you, but for some people fighting people on here is something to pass time. It would be better overall if those ones did not do that but you they choose to do argue. Consequences would deal with those people.

Macman
Feb 26, 2014, 08:49 PM
Sorry. That title is strictly reserved for God Hand.

Zenobia
Feb 26, 2014, 10:26 PM

I keep forgetting you have a Hunter...so used to seeing you on your force lol.

Ezodagrom
Feb 26, 2014, 11:50 PM
Sorry. That title is strictly reserved for God Hand.
Recovering more PP from normal attacks sounds rather useful for knuckles though (or at least for backhand smash spam, less time spent recovering PP, though I guess it depends on how much PP knuckles recover usually...30% could end up not being much at all...).

I keep forgetting you have a Hunter...so used to seeing you on your force lol.
Ezo was intended to be my main, but I ended enjoying force more. ^^;

Macman
Feb 27, 2014, 02:14 AM
Fists recover 10 PP per hit I believe. So grinding a 12* four times would make it 13 PP per hit. Not really good enough to warrant going through 12* Dudu hell four times in my opinion.

I was honestly hoping for a huge boost based off Fury Combo since fists seem to be themed around constantly attacking with their spot dodge and speed boost and such.

Or fuck, just give it Black Heart and call it a day.

Shinamori
Feb 27, 2014, 02:20 AM
With a new DF coming up as well I doubt they'd put 12-stars into TD. They might throw the older XQ 11-star drops (Sange, etc.) in to make them more accessible.

If they threw those XQ drops in their then their wouldn't be any point in doing XQ other than stone weapons.

Aine
Feb 27, 2014, 02:50 AM
If they threw those XQ drops in their then their wouldn't be any point in doing XQ other than stone weapons.

guess what happened to DF when they put the DF 11-stars in TD

besides there will probably be new drops in the higher XQ floors

Enforcer MKV
Feb 27, 2014, 03:05 AM
Fists recover 10 PP per hit I believe. So grinding a 12* four times would make it 13 PP per hit. Not really good enough to warrant going through 12* Dudu hell four times in my opinion.

I was honestly hoping for a huge boost based off Fury Combo since fists seem to be themed around constantly attacking with their spot dodge and speed boost and such.

Or fuck, just give it Black Heart and call it a day.

Yeah, I think I'd take the Ely Sion's latent over that, honestly...Can't say my tastes are particularly...normal, though.

You say that like XQ drops are a reason to run them at this point in time. They're so exceedingly rare currently it's more the stuff of legend to see one drop, not a legitimate reason to run the mission in the first place.

I think I saw a Daisy Chain in lobby? Once?

I promptly woke up afterwards.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 09:21 AM

So what you're telling me is nothing will change.

Shinamori
Feb 27, 2014, 10:06 AM
Yes, indeed. Well, besides the value of the X drops.

Coatl
Feb 27, 2014, 10:30 AM
The key downside of iron will is that it wont activate (or at least, it never has for me, please do inform me if I'm wrong) when you only have 1hp, so you have to heal every single time it activates if you actually want to live past that first near-fatal mistake.

Which is why you also max out Never Give up, the hunter skill. It gives you five seconds of invulerability and a whole minute of 300 s-atk. So simply chug a mate and go on to do what you were doing but with 300 s-atk to boot.

The more I think of it the cooler it sounds. Like, Ely Sion is sounding like the best Sword for Hunter the more I think about it.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 10:31 AM
Which is why you also max out Never Give up, the hunter skill. It gives you five seconds of invulerability and a whole minute of 300 s-atk. So simply chug a mate and go on to do what you were doing but with 300 s-atk to boot.

The more I think of it the cooler it sounds really. Like, Ely Sion is sounding like the best Sword for Hunter the more I think about it.

Yeah, but that lost damage stings.

This is why the Fury tree needs its nerf. When a class can't utilize its own skills better than other classes something needs to change.

Coatl
Feb 27, 2014, 10:45 AM
Hm. With sword gear, JC, JG and rare mastery you can only reach lv4 fury stance bonus after the fury crit.

With Never give up and Iron Will Maxed you can't reach the crit bonus at all, and have to take away 3 points in JA. This is roughly 13% damage loss, and more when you factor in multipliers. Which is bad, but Hunter sort of needs a niche to fill I thinks.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 10:54 AM
Hm. With sword gear, JC, JG and rare mastery you can only reach lv4 fury stance bonus after the fury crit.

With Never give up and Iron Will Maxed you can't reach the crit bonus at all, and have to take away 3 points in JA. This is roughly 13% damage loss, and more when you factor in multipliers. Which is bad, but Hunter sort of needs a niche to fill I thinks.

This is what I'm looking at:
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06fbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIkbnIk0lbkI qBGGbAeDInfbXfGAIbbn00000ib000009b000000lb000009b0 00000lb0000000Ib000008

Sword Gear needs to be moved to the empty space above Partisan Gear and require 1 SP in HP Up 1. It really, really needs that. Then make Iron Will cost 1 SP in War Cry. There's no need to remove any skills at all that way, just a few simple tweaks will do.

Omega-z
Feb 27, 2014, 06:32 PM
If you want the latent just get a LSS instead, it's not worth the time to hunt an Ely for. Also when DP comes out for Te it'll be better then the latent. Which then will free your use of a sword to any of them.