PDA

View Full Version : Better way of farm Sazonde?

dr apocalipsis
Feb 27, 2014, 06:27 AM
Currently, it's the only tech I don't have at 16.

I got around 8x14 discs from Cradle EQ control tower, but thing refuses to drop anything beyond that. I guess next week will bring lvl 17+, but still I want to max all techs.

Any ideas?

Inazuma
Feb 27, 2014, 06:38 AM
Currently, it's the only tech I don't have at 16.

I got around 8x14 discs from Cradle EQ control tower, but thing refuses to drop anything beyond that. I guess next week will bring lvl 17+, but still I want to max all techs.

Any ideas?

Hi Doctor. I just wanted to say that I am in the same boat as you. Sazonde 16 is the only tech I don't have. I've also done Cradle of Darkness every chance I get but it never drops the lv 16. I've done a lot of random runs in Forest, Mines and Quarry, and broken many red containers but Sazonde 16 refuses to drop. I've never had this much trouble finding a tech.

I've found about five lv 15s. It sucks ><

Macman
Feb 27, 2014, 06:54 AM
At least Sazonde 16 isn't a significant gain. I still don't have Sazan 16...

Shinamori
Feb 27, 2014, 06:59 AM
On my main character I just need:

Fire: Shifta (Lv15)
Ice: NaBarta (Lv11)
Thunder: Sazonde (Lv14)
Wind: Zan (Lv15), Razan (Lv14)
Light: Grants, Gigrants, Reseta (Lv15)
Dark: Megid (Lv15), Gimegid (lv13)

So yeah, I got quite a ways to go. Anyway, I usually just run mpa or random quests.

dr apocalipsis
Feb 27, 2014, 09:13 AM
Hi Doctor. I just wanted to say that I am in the same boat as you. Sazonde 16 is the only tech I don't have. I've also done Cradle of Darkness every chance I get but it never drops the lv 16. I've done a lot of random runs in Forest, Mines and Quarry, and broken many red containers but Sazonde 16 refuses to drop. I've never had this much trouble finding a tech.

I must say Sazonde was at something like lvl 8 before SH kicked in. In fact, all my techs book was awful until SH increased dramatically the disks levels.

Good luck!

At least Sazonde 16 isn't a significant gain. I still don't have Sazan 16...

After farming like a possesed ore mining, and watch 3 guys getting it in my face, I got it in a random red box at Coastal conservation this same week.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 09:19 AM
I don't think level 17 techs are coming our way yet. The enemies are only going up to level 70 I believe, and level 70 falz hasn't been giving us any. They also probably would've shown them off if they were going to be dropping.

Maybe they'll raise the SH AQ cap to 75 later, and give them to 71+ enemies? Or maybe they'll just quietly sneak them in despite them not dropping for falz, I dunno.

milranduil
Feb 27, 2014, 09:22 AM
Best bet are:

1) Cradle
2) SH Abduction

Good luck!

xervah
Feb 27, 2014, 09:31 AM
lvl16 Sazonde right?
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/EvannGeostrem/pso20140227_222530_001_zps7704395c.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

i dont remember when i got it.... but i think it's on Borber break EQ...

milranduil
Feb 27, 2014, 10:14 AM

It sounds to me like you're not working hard enough then.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 10:22 AM
Advice: Spam SH forest AQs in a week. You'll find more people willing to do them.

Wait, crates show up in AQs right? It's been so long that I don't even remember anymore.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 27, 2014, 10:27 AM
yes they do

btw-Niji
Feb 27, 2014, 10:40 AM

"If you really want Lv16 Sazonde, try harder."

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2014, 10:55 AM
I've got at least 10 accounts that I multi-box to farm lv16 discs, and they're all lv65/65 on every class so I can make use of whatever drops.

Clearly you're not rolling enough dice, here

deahamlet
Feb 27, 2014, 11:04 AM
I've got at least 10 accounts that I multi-box to farm lv16 discs, and they're all lv65/65 on every class so I can make use of whatever drops.

Clearly you're not rolling enough dice, here

That sounds ridiculous.

OP: Stop farming, man! SEGA likes to NOT give you what you're going crazy over. I didn't even realize Sazan and Sazonde 16 were a big deal, I just randomly got them first week of SH cause I always have to hunt boxes. Box hunter for life! Run emergency quests, run the beach map, go into the dead ends and handle boxes. Also in Choco stupid map, you have 4-5 spots of boxes if you break them, next time you run by them they will spawn anew. At least 5 red boxes every 3 Choco runs for me. The Chaos Tranquility can also be good if you spawn in the right kind of area with many dead-ends. Fire Swirl sux, we all know that, so run it and just run to dead ends and kill boxes... ignore mobs, ignore saving stupid people on fire... just kill boxes.
But best thing is to just run maps and kill boxes all the time... eventually you get it. Obsessing and spamming the same map is exactly when SEGA likes to f-you over.

Dnd
Feb 27, 2014, 11:08 AM
I play force like an hour a month and never really cared about hunting disks but the only ones im missing are Rafoie/zonde/razonde/nazan/nagrants/megid/gimegid. and all those are 15 anyway...

The amount of safoie/shifta 16's i've smashed that i wish i could give away is annoying, lol

Just keep trying, I suppose is the only thing you can do...

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2014, 11:18 AM
I actually got Safoie 16 recently from choco, but I dismantled it because that's worth more to me than +3 Power on a tech I haven't used in months. Same thing for Ramegid, I've got both of those at 15 despite finding lv16 discs.

Also I actually wish I could unlearn Nazonde so I could buy a lv1 disc. I got like 4 lv16s from one EQ (and 6 lv11-15) because the only thing that would spawn was rare Goron Moron repeatedly every run. I only use it to Shock Elder, so I'd rather it be even weaker.

Oh, and a long time ago (before lv16) someone in my party specifically mentioned that they had been hunting Deband 15 for a long time, and to call out any red boxes before breaking them. I told them it was so incredibly minor that it's not worth worrying about at all, but they were super into support so they weren't hearing any of it. Then I got it that run and learned it in front of them.

"Hey guess what?"

UnLucky has learned Deband Lv.15

TaigaUC
Feb 27, 2014, 11:35 AM
I think I have Sa Zonde rank 16 on one or two of my casters.
Don't remember where I got them from. Probably Cradle or boxes.

UnLucky has learned Deband Lv.15
I'm still stuck on Shifta/Deband ranks 13-14 on all my casters.
That better f'n change with the red boxes dropping more crap from next week on.

It sounds to me like you're not working hard enough then.
It sounds to me like you're adios.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2014, 11:50 AM
Well I've got lv16 on all support techs right now except Megiverse, but I honestly wouldn't even care if they were all lv1 instead.

I don't imagine that will change with lv17

Inazuma
Feb 27, 2014, 11:57 AM
Besides the five lv 15 Sazondes, I've also found seven lv 16 Megiverses. The increase to red container drop rate is next week, right? I hope that counts for photon arts and not just rares.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 12:00 PM
Besides the five lv 15 Sazondes, I've also found seven lv 16 Megiverses. The increase to red container drop rate is next week, right? I hope that counts for photon arts and not just rares.

I cannot possibly express how satisfying it is to see you fail to find something so ridiculously common after the shit you've said about farming falz.

Inazuma
Feb 27, 2014, 12:28 PM
I cannot possibly express how satisfying it is to see you fail to find something so ridiculously common after the shit you've said about farming falz.

If I was not doing the Cradle of Darkness EMs and then complaining about not getting Sazonde 16, you could say such a thing, and call me a hypocrite or whatever. But I've been doing it every time I see it, plus playing in areas where Sazonde 16 drops outside of that.

I should have found my first Elysion 6+ months sooner than I did, if you go by averages. But I kept at it, and it finally dropped. And then I quickly found a bunch more shortly after that, so it averaged out in the end.

You guys love bashing on me so much, you jump at the chance to do so, even when it doesn't make sense. Instead of explaining why I'm wrong about something I say, you just call me a troll and sling insults at me, like that somehow makes you win the argument.

I say "More dice rolls increases your chances", which is true.
You say "Nope, you are wrong because you are a troll."

It's funny how I get called a troll for trying to help others and speaking the truth. Does anyone here know the definition of that word? Gigawuts, you are actually a troll here, because you post with the intention to upset others.

MetalDude
Feb 27, 2014, 12:43 PM
More dice rolls does increase your odds. Doesn't change the fact that bullshit RNG is still bullshit RNG and there's plenty of people here who are simply never going to get an Elysion (or by the time it'll even be good anymore, yes, that long).

Inazuma
Feb 27, 2014, 12:54 PM
More dice rolls does increase your odds. Doesn't change the fact that bullshit RNG is still bullshit RNG and there's plenty of people here who are simply never going to get an Elysion (or by the time it'll even be good anymore, yes, that long).

But you can just buy one starting next week. I don't think they will be that expensive either if you consider how common they are, and the small percentage of the population who plays Force. In other words, supply will likely be higher than the demand.

And I'm not saying every Force will want one either. I imagine some Forces would be unwilling to buy and raise a new mag, reset their skill trees, switch main class from FO to TE, etc.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 12:55 PM

No, this is why people call you a troll. Nobody has said this. Anywhere. Ever.

Unfortunately, I don't think you're a troll at all. I think you're just a hyper obsessed NEET fanboy so fuckbent on doing anything and everything phantasy star that it completely eclipses any and all senses of reason, rationality, your ability to properly prioritize, your sensibility, your grasp of other peoples perspectives, and dwarfs your ability to form proper empathy.

It's funny how I get called a troll for trying to help others and speaking the truth. Does anyone here know the definition of that word? Gigawuts, you are actually a troll here, because you post with the intention to upset others.

Case in point: You actually think this about yourself, how you behave, other people when they react to how you behave, and me.

Chdata
Feb 27, 2014, 01:10 PM
I think once both sides are talking about trolls, they're both just really bad at trolling.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 01:21 PM
I think once both sides are talking about trolls, they're both just really bad at trolling.

Then you must think virtually the entire internet is made up of trolls, considering how ridiculously overused the term is now. Inazuma isn't a troll; he's just crazy. It's just that crazy people say many of the same kinds of things that a sane person who's trolling would say.

btw-Niji
Feb 27, 2014, 01:25 PM
You guys love bashing on me so much, you jump at the chance to do so, even when it doesn't make sense.
Go back and read all of the stupid ass posts you've made and then you'll understand why you're probably the most hated person on this forum.

Chdata
Feb 27, 2014, 01:44 PM
I use the term "bad" troll to describe any two people once they get into a fight.

Good trolls like that Team Avolition guy don't care at all about the other parties involved.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 01:54 PM
I use the term "bad" troll to describe any two people once they get into a fight.

Good trolls like that Team Avolition guy don't care at all about the other parties involved.

So anyone who is ever even slightly mean is a troll.

Right, like I said: The term is criminally overused.

MetalDude
Feb 27, 2014, 01:55 PM
But that still has nothing to do with trolling. Disputes can and usually do involve legitimate intents. The word "troll" as a whole needs to be abolished because of how horribly misused it is.

Walkure
Feb 27, 2014, 02:00 PM
"Troll", as well as a more recent term, "toxic", have basically been morphed from somewhat specific and meaningful descriptions to "things I don't like".

Chdata
Feb 27, 2014, 02:00 PM
Also when I say fight I mean an immature one like the one you two are having. (Difference between an argument and a fight).

I remember a few years ago when it was a new term and I was like 'what are these people talking about'.

I first heard of it in Runescape so I thought they were talking about monsters. I was about 8 at the time or so.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 02:05 PM
"Troll" is about as new of a term as "flaming;" the only difference is "flaming" fortunately died off.

You can consider it immature if you like. Frankly, I (and many other people that are continuing to ignore him) am just tired of his hypocritical, unrealistic, out of touch bullshit everywhere he goes. Seriously, this is the guy that said any Force not using a latent 3 +10 elysion is shit, and that people should be alarmclocking falz to get rares. This fuckin' guy, it's just... man, get a fucking grip.

After his most recent performance, seeing him fail even by his own criteria is just too salivating to not point and laugh at.

Walkure
Feb 27, 2014, 02:07 PM
"Trolling" is not even close to a new term. Not even in slang; that dates back to the 80s/90s in Usenet groups.

Shadowth117
Feb 27, 2014, 02:17 PM
You can consider it immature if you like. Frankly, I (and many other people that are continuing to ignore him) am just tired of his hypocritical, unrealistic, out of touch bullshit everywhere he goes. Seriously, this is the guy that said any Force not using a latent 3 +10 elysion is shit, and that people should be alarmclocking falz to get rares. This fuckin' guy, it's just... man, get a fucking grip.

After his most recent performance, seeing him fail even by his own criteria is just too salivating to not point and laugh at.

This so very much....^

Walkure
Feb 27, 2014, 02:27 PM
Woah wait he talked about alarmclocking for Falz? This can't be a recent thing. Please tell me this isn't post-TD.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 02:30 PM
Woah wait he talked about alarmclocking for Falz? This can't be a recent thing. Please tell me this isn't post-TD.

Post-TD, yes. For 11*s and 12*s.

Bear in mind he has 6 characters that he does falz on, and he only runs falz on many/most of them to conserve 250% RDR boosters & triboosters, so I mean. He was talking about getting like 6 runs in one set of 30 minute boosters.

He's comparing other people to that kind of shit and talking down on anyone who doesn't, or more accurately won't, keep up.

Anything that goes his way is completely warranted IMO.

milranduil
Feb 27, 2014, 02:32 PM
If I was not doing the Cradle of Darkness EMs and then complaining about not getting Sazonde 16, you could say such a thing, and call me a hypocrite or whatever. But I've been doing it every time I see it, plus playing in areas where Sazonde 16 drops outside of that.
Welcome to my hunt for 11*s enjoy your stay where RNG says "fuck you!" for as long as it wants no matter what you do.

I should have found my first Elysion 6+ months sooner than I did, if you go by averages. But I kept at it, and it finally dropped. And then I quickly found a bunch more shortly after that, so it averaged out in the end.
There is a difference between should have and average. At no point anywhere in this game does RNG ever need to average out because it's impossible for a single person, no matter how much they play, to beat these kinds of drop rates purely with number of runs, number of kills, etc. This was why I brought up law of large #s. It literally takes a sample size of millions of runs or kills to see an average.

You guys love bashing on me so much, you jump at the chance to do so, even when it doesn't make sense. Instead of explaining why I'm wrong about something I say, you just call me a troll and sling insults at me, like that somehow makes you win the argument.
Sometimes, the reasons people jump at you may not make sense right off the bat (or they may indeed just be trolling you), but in this case, they are absolutely in the right because in this instance, you are one blithering hypocrite. You've done everything you could possibly think of short of spamming free fields for hours and hours for Sazonde 16 and yet you don't have it. Gee doesn't that sound familiar! No, I don't use full boosters and give up tacos for every single falz to be run at the highest possible drop boost on every character, but I have a simple, logical reason for that, namely the opportunity cost is not worth it, but I still otherwise run for 11*s as much as possible.

Wrong. We say, "Nope, because rates are so terrible that RNG can fuck you over for a long ass time no matter how much work you put into it." To everyone else, it seemed as though you had seemingly forgotten there is even RNG in this game at all until you reveal the delicious fact that you too are screwed over by RNG in a slightly different way. Of course we're going to mock you for it...

If you were trying to teach people how to solve sets of differential equations, or find the determinant of a matrix, or what have you, then it would be black and white truth, right or wrong. However, this is a game with battle mechanics that are not completely obvious. You preach your opinion as undeniable fact even when people bring up any sort of counterviewpoint and you shoot it down without so much as a forethought of "hey maybe this person is on to something". In other words, learn some fucking tact and to admit that once in a while, you might just be wrong.

Walkure
Feb 27, 2014, 02:37 PM
Post-TD, yes. For 11*s and 12*s.

Bear in mind he has 6 characters that he does falz on, and he only runs falz on many/most of them to conserve 250% RDR boosters & triboosters, so I mean. He was talking about getting like 6 runs in one set of 30 minute boosters.

He's comparing other people to that kind of shit and talking down on anyone who doesn't, or more accurately won't, keep up.
http://i.imgur.com/XRGZPxl.gif

pkemr4
Feb 27, 2014, 03:00 PM
But you can just buy one starting next week. this is assuming people can actually get a 11* to actually drop for them. (really SEGA? tradeing passes for 11*'s? whats next 12* passes?)

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 03:02 PM
this is assuming people can actually get a 11* to actually drop for them. (really SEGA? tradeing passes for 11*'s? whats next 12* passes?)

Yes, actually. In 2015.

When I'll be playing Monster Hunter 4U.

btw-Niji
Feb 27, 2014, 03:34 PM
this is assuming people can actually get a 11* to actually drop for them. (really SEGA? tradeing passes for 11*'s? whats next 12* passes?)
I believe it should be fairly obvious by now that SEGA will continue to follow this stupid trend of item passes.

deahamlet
Feb 27, 2014, 04:52 PM
This entire thread went into some dark place...

But one thing I do feel that I have to mention. AVERAGES work as average over a huge number of rolls. While it is unlikely to get 100 tails in a row throwing a coin in the air 100 times, it is still possible.
If the drop rate is 5% let's say, that does not mean that in 100 attempts at the crystal you will get 5 11-12* weapons. In fact it's not even a hugely low number to think that 1000 attempts at a 0.05% crazy stupid drop rate result in failure. And no matter how low the CHANCE that you will strike out X amount of times in a row when chance of success is 0.05% (or whatever it is), it's still greater than zero and STILL possible.

You can approach zero but never reach it. Tossing 200 coins still will not insure 50% tail. Tossing 1000 coins will still not insure 50% tail.

And people have lives. Anyone stupid enough to tell people that they need to run every Falz and every TD to get something is an elitist bastard with no life.

Ratazana
Feb 27, 2014, 07:53 PM
The whole EQ system does favor people with no life. Dunno why you guys get all upset when someone points it out.

I don't give a fuck about Falz and didn't have a single ★11 before TD. Sega asks more than I'm willing to give, but I do understand that some people don't mind being sega's bitch. No reason to get mad at 'em really.

gigawuts
Feb 27, 2014, 08:01 PM
The whole EQ system does favor people with no life. Dunno why you guys get all upset when someone points it out.

I don't give a fuck about Falz and didn't have a single ★11 before TD. Sega asks more than I'm willing to give, but I do understand that some people don't mind being sega's bitch. No reason to get mad at 'em really.

Nobody's really getting upset over it, just irritated over dice.

What people are getting miffed over is someone who says it's fine, and anyone who isn't finding rares is causing the problem. As in the player themself. As opposed to, you know, the droprates being disgusting, the quest being so restricted, there not being a way to exchange 11*s for over a year (I think? Somebody get me a calendar) and 12*s for who knows how long, etc.

We've all pretty much got a handle on how Sega's 5,000,000 sided dice work.

WildarmsRE5
Feb 27, 2014, 10:34 PM
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121219134513/glee/images/7/72/Jaejoong_popcorn.gif

Sanguine2009
Feb 27, 2014, 10:54 PM
to be fair, the no way to exchange 11*s did not matter for the vast majority of players until TD came along, so thats not too bad that we get it a couple months after we got TD.

that said we really need to have a way to farm these things. if we had that i would be fine with current drop rates really because at least then you can work toward it, instead of rolling the dice and praying

Ratazana
Feb 27, 2014, 10:56 PM
True, the EQ system sucks, the drop rates sucks and that's on sega.

But it sure does look like people who give half a fuck feeling entitled to stuff, because they are doing x, getting upset at the guy that gives a whole fuck telling 'em it's not enough.

If people really understood sega's dice they would simply not give a fuck at all.

UnLucky
Feb 27, 2014, 11:16 PM
to be fair, the no way to exchange 11*s did not matter for the vast majority of players until TD came along, so thats not too bad that we get it a couple months after we got TD.

that said we really need to have a way to farm these things. if we had that i would be fine with current drop rates really because at least then you can work toward it, instead of rolling the dice and praying
It mattered ever since Falz existed from the very beginning.

Hello, there were people discarding Flame Visits (remember when they were actually good?) because they had absolutely no use for it.

Elysion, Psycho Wand, Guld Milla, Twin Kamui and later Orochi Agito.

People wanted those. They would pay a lot of meseta to own one. But 11* (and 10*) were no-trade, not even with premium.

TaigaUC
Feb 27, 2014, 11:38 PM
2013 = year of the 10 stars
2014 = year of the 11 stars
2015 = year of the 12 stars
2016 = year of the 13 stars
2017 = year of the 14 stars
2018 = year of the 15 stars
2019 = year of the 16 stars
2020 = year of the 17 stars
2021 = year of the 18 stars
2022 = planned end of PSO2 content
2023 = PSO2 service termination

I guess we'll never make it to 20 stars.

GoldenFalcon
Feb 27, 2014, 11:59 PM
2013 = year of the 10 stars
2014 = year of the 11 stars
2015 = year of the 12 stars
2016 = year of the 13 stars
2017 = year of the 14 stars
2018 = year of the 15 stars
2019 = nothing new
2020 = service termination
2021 =
2022 = planned end of PSO2 content

fixed

Inazuma
Feb 28, 2014, 12:02 AM
I completely agree that there is way too much RNG in PSO2, the emergency quest system is horrible, the drop rates are bad, being unable to trade shit sucks, and grinding/affixing is fucking horrible. I have complained about this stuff to Sega in the player surveys. I've complained with people on the game and on this forum many times as well.

But the thing is, this is how PSO2 works right now. If it bothers someone that much, they can play a better game. If you feel that PSO2 is still worth playing, you just have to deal with the bullshit and make the most of it. There are ways you can increase your chances at the RNG. There are ways to roll the dice extra times. A player who puts more effort into beating the RNG is more likely to succeed.

One last thing. Yes, all of the various RNG bullshit in the game really sucks, but at least it's fair in the sense that everyone is playing by the same rules. If an item has a base drop rate of 0.01%, that applies to every player. We can't control how the game itself is programmed, but we do have some amount of control as players. Do your best to play the game by its own rules.

TaigaUC
Feb 28, 2014, 12:04 AM
2022 = Super Falz level 200, Mining Base Defense #17. Rainbow Fundoshis. More Sailor Uniforms.