PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Tweaker Item Translation crashing PSO2

Squall429
Feb 28, 2014, 02:27 AM
I'm new to all this stuff with PSO2, and I was excited to find out that we had finally gotten item translations. So I downloaded the tweaker, did all the patches, put the game in exceptions on my Anti-Virus (Avira btw) and with the Item Translation ticked on... the exe crashes when I click Launch PSO2..

When I un-tick it, it launches, but my game crashes after about 5 minutes..

Some help would be nice. Thanks again.

UnLucky
Feb 28, 2014, 02:59 AM
Try a filecheck or reinstall the patches. Likely something didn't download fully/correctly which is causing the crash.

Also try it step by step. Can you launch the game running only the original Japanese version? Try one patch, if there's no crash, install another one. It might not be the item translations, especially if it still crashes with it turned off.

Squall429
Feb 28, 2014, 03:02 AM
Maybe I should have specified that the crashes are different.

The crash with the Item Translations is an Appcrash with the exe not working once I hit launch.

The other crash when I'm in game without the item translations, is some weird Red X crash with something in japanese that only lets me hit OK before closing.

Shinamori
Feb 28, 2014, 03:04 AM
That red x crash might be GG saying "NOPE!". Try the fix GG issues button in Tweaker.

Squall429
Feb 28, 2014, 03:30 AM
Did the fix and still got the crash. I even turned my Anti-Virus off.

NP1013 or something like that it was. I have no idea why this game is running this way...

Squall429
Feb 28, 2014, 04:20 AM
*bump* Sorry.. just really would like to get this game working... with all the translations.

Sakuramei
Feb 28, 2014, 07:28 AM
I'd just like to take a moment to post that I've also been having an issue with the Item Translation crashing my game... however, it only crashes on my main character if I'm switching channels (Room, Team, or just a different channel)... it crashes immediately trying to load up my other character (Main is a Force/Techer Female Newman, Alt is a Ranger/Gunner Female Cast wearing a Rappy costume--I think it could be the Costume).

The thing is I play with my boyfriend and he has no issue. These crashes are only happening to me. The only thing I can think of that has changed recently is my account became linked to my PSN due to getting the Vita game. That is also the only difference between his and my account at the moment (obviously different items and characters, but that's the only significant and recent change I can think of). The moment I turn off item translation, it's fine, but as long as it's on, I can't switch channels.

deahamlet
Feb 28, 2014, 11:10 AM
I'd just like to take a moment to post that I've also been having an issue with the Item Translation crashing my game... however, it only crashes on my main character if I'm switching channels (Room, Team, or just a different channel)... it crashes immediately trying to load up my other character (Main is a Force/Techer Female Newman, Alt is a Ranger/Gunner Female Cast wearing a Rappy costume--I think it could be the Costume).

The thing is I play with my boyfriend and he has no issue. These crashes are only happening to me. The only thing I can think of that has changed recently is my account became linked to my PSN due to getting the Vita game. That is also the only difference between his and my account at the moment (obviously different items and characters, but that's the only significant and recent change I can think of). The moment I turn off item translation, it's fine, but as long as it's on, I can't switch channels.

There are quite a few people who crash with item translator on when going to my room/team for the second time (so going to my room once is okay, second time not okay whether on same or different character). AIDA said it's something about how the game loads item descriptions or something, not sure, but she knows why it does that (no idea when/if we will ever get a fix as it's not everyone; I'm still hoping).

Your other character just outright crashing on load-out... try not running the item translator, swapping to a different outfit then try using item translator again. That should make it clear if it's the rappy costume. I've never had it crash on character load-in, just DC :D.

Good luck.

zerojay
Feb 28, 2014, 11:52 AM
I too have been having crashing going on, mostly when I attempt to switch blocks or actually go to a level to play. It's been entirely unplayable for me with the translation patches enabled and just like someone else in this thread, I too recently bought PSO2 on Vita and linked it to my PSN as well. Ever since I bought and started playing the game on Vita which was just after the recent server maintenance, I've been crashing on PC with the translation patches.

Thanks for any help you can provide and please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Sakuramei
Feb 28, 2014, 09:25 PM
There are quite a few people who crash with item translator on when going to my room/team for the second time (so going to my room once is okay, second time not okay whether on same or different character). AIDA said it's something about how the game loads item descriptions or something, not sure, but she knows why it does that (no idea when/if we will ever get a fix as it's not everyone; I'm still hoping).

Your other character just outright crashing on load-out... try not running the item translator, swapping to a different outfit then try using item translator again. That should make it clear if it's the rappy costume. I've never had it crash on character load-in, just DC :D.

Good luck.

This happens the first time though... I load up and anything I do using the green elevators causes it to crash. I've had the 2nd go issue with room/teams, but never right away and even when just switching channels.

Sakuramei
Mar 4, 2014, 03:40 PM
Did some more testing and it really seems to be an incompatibility issue with if you have a PSN tied to your name and have the item translate patch. Can log into my Rappy costume'd character just fine and switch channels and etc. when it's off, but when it's on, the Rappy costume'd character can't be loaded and my main character can't switch channels or go to her room (or a friend's room) or team room.