PDA

View Full Version : how much does race matter?

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 2, 2014, 03:43 PM
After level capping, how much does your race affect your stats and health? does it really matter at that point?

gigawuts
Mar 2, 2014, 03:46 PM
It doesn't really, unless you plan on playing a cast/caseal that uses techs. Then you'll notice the low stats for some things.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 2, 2014, 03:48 PM
What class you're playing and how you play it matters several times more. Just about anybody can equip anything without being totally screwed/having to go too far out of the way these days

http://ryuhiroshi.ry.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php

If you want numbers.

Cast techer is the worst you can do to yourself, and even then... it's salvagable (haha cast joke)

MetalDude
Mar 2, 2014, 03:56 PM
Probably the worst you could do at the moment is gimp yourself out of using Elysion and even that is easily remedied by whenever we get another level cap increase.

Zorafim
Mar 2, 2014, 03:59 PM
Nope. At first it was kinda bad because casts couldn't equip certain rods at high levels. But now it's not a problem. You'll never notice any lack of damage.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 2, 2014, 04:03 PM
Probably the worst you could do at the moment is gimp yourself out of using Elysion and even that is easily remedied by whenever we get another level cap increase.

I think you mean psycho wand, or magical peice (lol), and even then that's fixable right now with a pure t atk mag and a few extra points in T atk ups as a cast.

edit: oh, newman m/f and human f need like 7 extra s atk to use elysion as te/fo, unless they sink points into s atk up on the bottom left of the techer tree, or get it on the mag.

Lostbob117
Mar 2, 2014, 04:03 PM
No, not really. You'll get like 10 more of a specific stat from a specific race

Coatl
Mar 2, 2014, 04:15 PM
The only noticeable difference is HP. Here's an example:

HU/FI Female Newman HP: 644
HU/FI Male Cast: 734

That's a 90 HP difference.

BR/HU Female Newman HP: 589
BR/HU Male Cast HP: 670

That's a difference of 81 HP.

The safest race to go I'd say is probably Dueman, as they have high offensive stats across the board, and have a bit more HP than newmans.

DrizztVII
Mar 2, 2014, 04:33 PM
Nope. At first it was kinda bad because casts couldn't equip certain rods at high levels. But now it's not a problem. You'll never notice any lack of damage.

Well you will still have same problems now... like GU/RACaseal cannot equip units which require 420 Tech-Def with a full-atk Mag... well it is true that you don't really need to push yourself so hard...

milranduil
Mar 2, 2014, 04:43 PM
No, not really. You'll get like 10 more of a specific stat from a specific race

S/R-atk gaps are like 30-40 from lowest to highest. It is noticeable but doesn't make much difference unless you need the extra 2% dmg to OHKO something.

infiniteeverlasting
Mar 2, 2014, 05:37 PM
The only noticeable difference is HP. Here's an example:

HU/FI Female Newman HP: 644
HU/FI Male Cast: 734

That's a 90 HP difference.

BR/HU Female Newman HP: 589
BR/HU Male Cast HP: 670

That's a difference of 81 HP.

The safest race to go I'd say is probably Dueman, as they have high offensive stats across the board, and have a bit more HP than newmans.

well.... thats my main worry, seeing people on youtube with over 1000 hp blows my mind... I'm currently a newman male with a capped braver subbing level 51 hunter and my Hp seems pretty pitiful.

Sp-24
Mar 2, 2014, 06:24 PM
Most of that HP comes from sources other than racial stats.

Race does kinda matter if you are trying to optimize a build around certain equipment (Psycho Wand a year ago, or Elysion, now that apparently everybody but me has one). However, every single update that Sega rolls out can jumble such build in an absolutely unpredictable way. You do get a skill tree reset ticket, but if you spent Mag levels to be able to equip something, chances are, that Mag is botched beyond repair now.

So, yeah, race and gender do matter in a way, but, unless you are min/maxing and are prepared to pay Sega for screwing you over, then they don't matter enough to concern yourself with them. Focusing primarily on your class' relevant attack stat should do the trick nicely.

Tenlade
Mar 2, 2014, 11:19 PM
Race matter in only two ways.

If you're a male cast, you'll pretty much need a pure t atk mag if you want to equip things as force.

If you're Japanese, everyone thinks you hate foreigners and you have an easier time buying AC.

Aine
Mar 2, 2014, 11:50 PM
It matters for gear stat requirements.

Male Dewmans with a pure SATK mag and only the prerequisite 3 in Dex Up 1 can't equip Lambda Kalicizma even at 65/65.

Cast RaHu/GuHu can't equip Foli units without putting TDEF points into a mag.

Newmans and Female Humans can't equip Orochi Agito even with a pure SATK mag at 65/65 unless they put points into SATK Up.

Coatl
Mar 3, 2014, 10:49 AM
Of course, all that is "fixed" when a level cap is brought out. But then you have a couple of more things you can or can't equip.