PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else here want a PSU2?

Josephchrist863
Mar 3, 2014, 08:52 AM
I mean, I loved PSU and I have to admit, that I'd still do anything to get back on and play with my friends after all this time. But I would be so psyched is SEGA announced a sequel which holds true to everything PSU had, but just done better. PSO2 is great and all, but it's not the same and truthfully, who knows if we'll even ever get it in the Western region. Am I the only person who wants this? Or should I just move on?

gigawuts
Mar 3, 2014, 09:19 AM
PSO2 is far, far more like PSU than PSO. The only real details you could get snagged on are the name and the existence of mags.

Josephchrist863
Mar 3, 2014, 10:10 AM
PSO2 is far, far more like PSU than PSO. The only real details you could get snagged on are the name and the existence of mags.

Yeah, but there are a few features that I wish PSO2 held. Like the shops. I miss players having to go to your room in order to buy an item. It just added something to the game. Also, I haven't been able to buy a premium membership to PSO2 so I'm not 100% sure, but it seems there is no lobbies except the two. One of my favorite parts of PSU was the reward of a new lobby after each mission. Like the Kugo Hotsprings.

RedRaz0r
Mar 3, 2014, 11:11 AM
At this point I think its safe to assume that one of 2 things could happen with this.
1. Sega makes it, and messes it up completely
2. Sega doesn't make it

gigawuts
Mar 3, 2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah, but there are a few features that I wish PSO2 held. Like the shops. I miss players having to go to your room in order to buy an item. It just added something to the game. Also, I haven't been able to buy a premium membership to PSO2 so I'm not 100% sure, but it seems there is no lobbies except the two. One of my favorite parts of PSU was the reward of a new lobby after each mission. Like the Kugo Hotsprings.

The removal of those was a design choice in response to player feedback.

People wanted to be able to buy things without being forced to go to a player's room. You can still buy stuff to make your room up to look like a storefront, there's even a shop counter furniture item you can get.

The extra lobbies were neat to look at, but they fragmented the community. Players would be in one area for one quest, and a whole different area for another quest, and if a lobby's quests didn't include one of the most popular ones you could be pretty sure nobody would be in that lobby. Finding people at your level as a lowbie was often an off-putting chore (I am speaking from experience here).

Sp-24
Mar 3, 2014, 01:55 PM
As giga said, PSO2 is more PSU than PSO already. It is missing some PSU features and has PSO stuff simply because that's what the majority of the players wanted. And its action-y gameplay stands out from both of those games, so they could've called it Sanic, Monster World or Shenmue Online if the demand for it was high enough just as easily.

What I'm getting at is that there's zero chance of a game that holds true to PSO or PSU ever getting released, and probably for a good reason. Not sure if you should move on, since there are PSP games still, but I doubt that PSU is going to be getting much love from its creator now that Sega got a new cash cow.

Lostbob117
Mar 4, 2014, 02:08 PM
It'd have to be a prequel to psu (What happens before Ethan's father disappears)

Dragwind
Mar 4, 2014, 04:19 PM
I'd welcome it as I enjoyed PSU's world as it's own entity.

MWallis
Mar 5, 2014, 08:32 AM
Yes i would love this but its not going to happen at all. I play PSU 24/7 on xbox, i tried playing PSO2 but after 2 hours i was bored

Sinue_v2
Mar 11, 2014, 09:40 PM
No, but if they translated PSP2i and released it on PSN and XBL Arcade, that'd be a good start.

Lumpen Thingy
Mar 12, 2014, 12:11 AM
Yes i would love this but its not going to happen at all. I play PSU 24/7 on xbox, i tried playing PSO2 but after 2 hours i was bored

well you couldn't scam like you did in PSU so no wonder you were bored

tristan0304
Mar 29, 2014, 09:26 AM

I do agree with, i loved the lobbies after completing a mission. I really do miss PSU in my opinion it is the best. The thing I dont like in PSO2 are the stupid client orders. It just stupid you have to do them to get to the next level cap and other things. wish they had giving you and option to do them or not. Dont get me wrong PSO2 is great but there are alot of things in PSU that was better

ArataWata
Apr 27, 2014, 06:12 PM
I personally think the Universe series works better as a portable game.

Portable 2 was a lot better compared to the original PSU and AotI in a lot of ways. I'd love to see a Phantasy Star Portable 3 on Vita, then again, we'd have to see how Phantasy Star Nova plays.

disaster.report
Apr 27, 2014, 06:18 PM
I personally think the Universe series works better as a portable game.

Portable 2 was a lot better compared to the original PSU and AotI in a lot of ways. I'd love to see a Phantasy Star Portable 3 on Vita, then again, we'd have to see how Phantasy Star Nova plays.

I think that Phantasy Star Nova is the closest we're going to get to PSPo3.

Linkzah
May 7, 2014, 12:01 AM
1. Going around to other planets

2. More fun things to do such as hoverboard and just goto cool spots and chill

3. PSO2 resides around all blue PSU was all colorful and just overall looked nicer to me this game kinda bores me but I still tend to play it to hope for a challenge.