PDA

View Full Version : New field, new bird darker boss, new story stuffz

Shadowth117
Mar 4, 2014, 10:06 AM
Figured this warranted its own thread outside the livestream one.

New field looks very cool to me. No enemies shown yet, but its an interesting look at what seems to be the Arks mothership? (Don't hate me if I'm wrong on this, just going off my vague Japanese interpretation) No enemies shown yet, but since assuming it is an Arks ship it would be very interesting to see what exactly we're fighting there. The fact that we haven't seen anything yet itself is somewhat intriguing.

Story seems like its got interesting things going on too with what looks like some mind control happening and some overall climactic looking stuff. Aside from the story related things, we also look to be getting that new boss which seems very cool just off of looks although we have zero gameplay to go off of for it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNG_QKNMeXc

Thoughts?

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 10:11 AM
Finally, the underground river map I've been wanting since mines came out!

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2014, 10:16 AM
That bird darker's spawn animation, arena, and general form makes me think it might be their answer to falz hunar. Maybe we'll finally find out which falz is in charge of the bird darkers.

Also, yeah Oracle is the flagship of the ARKS fleet. I always thought it was some kind of civilian area, but this seem to indicate something else. If it doesn't turn out to be a giant space laser I'll be so sad.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 10:17 AM
Oh, that's Oracle?

Awww. I was hoping it was finally something actually intact on Ririepa.

Digital Pain
Mar 4, 2014, 10:17 AM
That new Boss reminds me of Ringahda, new area does look nice!

Arialle
Mar 4, 2014, 10:19 AM
1) finally no more damm open field maps, finally a map that is indoors etc

2) bird hunar background looks like we are fighting it in the sky with a magic circle as the floor.... finally no more boring flat land boss battles

3) evil lottie?

im pleased sega

Kondibon
Oh, that's Oracle?

Well I only assume it's oracle because the story stuff seems to be focusing on internal ARKS things, and the part at the beginning showed a campship flying to it. I've been wanting to know what's up with Oracle since I first found out about it though, so I'm really interested.

1) finally no more damm open field maps, finally a map that is indoors etc

Pretty sure it's not gonna be anymore "indoors" than mines and seabed are.

Moar edit: WOAHWOAHWOAHWOAH! Ok... I noticed them before but this is starting to bother me... WHAT ARE THOSE FLYING THINGS!?

cheapgunner
I really, really want a teddy-bear sized doll of this boss, Ex/Noire and Biol Medusa. This boos looks so much like it came from Final Fantasy.

Sayara
Mar 4, 2014, 10:20 AM
ITS ANOTHER PS0 MOTHER AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

kazuuya
Mar 4, 2014, 10:20 AM
That new Boss reminds me of Ringahda

Same omg, the first few seconds I saw it I was like:"Please don't have a horse torso"

Also yeah the new Area looks pretty cool, these flying ghosts were looking interesting as well.

landman
Mar 4, 2014, 10:27 AM
I actually thought Oracle has the embryo of some Great Light giant and ugly materialized form that eats Dark Falzs.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 4, 2014, 10:29 AM
Honestly when I first saw it I thought it was the Library from Halo Anniversary. :l

Except for the player character and Matoi standing down there, looking around [presumably] dumbstruck.

Shadowth117
Mar 4, 2014, 10:32 AM
Honestly when I first saw it I thought it was the Library from Halo Anniversary. :l

Except for the player character and Matoi standing down there, looking around [presumably] dumbstruck.

Lol, yes. Inb4 Halo Flood code eliminations like the ones in caves everywhere.

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2014, 10:32 AM
I actually thought Oracle has the embryo of some Great Light giant and ugly materialized form that eats Dark Falzs.I'm actually starting to think it's something like this. And then it turns out to be the whole reason the darkers are attacking the ARKS.

*puts on tinfoil hat*

Maybe Xion and Luthor were experimenting on it, or trying to find ways to use it as an energy source. Thus we have photon technology, which is the only way to completely kill darkers, but whatever was going on Xion regrets for some reason, but Luthor want's to continue anyway. Either the great light isn't as complacent as they thought, or by doing what they're doing they're weakening it, and causing an imbalance.

ShinMaruku
Mar 4, 2014, 10:47 AM
Hottie Lottie. And Finally Theodore looks sensible.

Sanguine2009
Mar 4, 2014, 10:47 AM
is the new field the void labs? would make sense for it to be on the mothership

IndigoNovember
Mar 4, 2014, 10:50 AM
Moar edit: WOAHWOAHWOAHWOAH! Ok... I noticed them before but this is starting to bother me... WHAT ARE THOSE FLYING THINGS!?

Reminded me of Ruins 3 from PSO.

Crysteon
Mar 4, 2014, 10:54 AM
This boos looks so much like it came from Final Fantasy.

My thoughts exactly. First thing that came out from my head was a golden Garuda, lol.

jiasu73
Mar 4, 2014, 10:56 AM
New area means new time attack too right..... ;_; maybe next year

D-Inferno
Mar 4, 2014, 11:28 AM
Did the stream say that it was a new field? It kind of looks like a story/eq only thing, since this is probably the "Oracle's collapse" that the Ep2 teaser mention. I'm betting Bird Falz awakens, and destroys the mothership while awakening.

EvilMag
Mar 4, 2014, 11:32 AM
Roadmap says new field will be for story mode though we'll most likely get an AQ of it since one is scheduled around the same time.

Gama
Mar 4, 2014, 12:08 PM
the oracle ship gets ready to fire,

suddenly it poops a giant eva 01 purely made of light.

everyone dies.

the end.

Shinamori
Mar 4, 2014, 12:09 PM
Well, there's usually 2 paths, so maybe one path you'll save orcale. =E

BIG OLAF
Mar 4, 2014, 12:11 PM
Hottie Lottie.

Nope nope nope

New field looks a bit generic "scientific lab" sort-of area, but it'll be fine since we'll be in the 'Oracle' or w/e it's called. That alone will make up for it.

Wonder if there will be more bird Darker enemies. In relation to that, I'm pretty sure those creepy loli twins control the Birds, since Elder controls the Aquatics, Apprentice controls the Insectoids, and Persona just seems to be his own entity.

strikerhunter
Mar 4, 2014, 12:15 PM
Did someone said creepy loli twins?

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2523&pictureid=37414[/SPOILER-BOX]

Meji
Mar 4, 2014, 12:21 PM
That new darker boss will always be called Bird Jesus in my heart.

Hope it's as violent as its relatives.

Arksenth
Mar 4, 2014, 12:23 PM
If it were the Creepy Loli Twins' Hunar, wouldn't there be two? I was hoping for a United Assault type boss battle. Those are always challenging.

BIG OLAF
Mar 4, 2014, 12:25 PM
Probably just stand on each others shoulders or something if it is.

EDIT: But, I would like it if we had another 'twin boss' battle, like Faz'ntar & Seg'ntar from PSP2.

Aine
Mar 4, 2014, 12:25 PM
i'm guessing bird DF is Theodore

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 12:27 PM
So...

That new field is exclusive to the story at first.

Many bird darkers are inspired directly by the ruins enemies in PSO1. Chaos Sorcerer -> Ludda Sorcerer, Chaos Bringer -> Blu Ringarda, etc. There's a transparent floor boss room coming. There's a new big falz coming. We know there's a bird-based Hunar style enemy coming. The last time a boss was story-exclusive it was Falz Hunar, which ramped up to Dark Falz Elder. Falz in PSO1 had three distinct forms - a floaty thing over a transparent floor, the crawly thing, and the slidey thing around the field (the floaty transparent floor one being more distinct from the other two).

Given all that it's not a far cry to say that the new enemy is the bird version of Hunar, as a nostalgic revival of pso1 falz's third form. And considering Hunar needed a body...

...this is what I'm expecting too.

Zenobia
Mar 4, 2014, 12:29 PM
New area means new time attack too right..... ;_; maybe next year

We didn't even get the Beach and Quarry TA's yet so I doubt it.

Ezodagrom
Mar 4, 2014, 12:30 PM
Roadmap says new field will be for story mode though we'll most likely get an AQ of it since one is scheduled around the same time.
Roadmap only mentions a new field in late spring, doesn't say anything about being for story or not, as far as I know.

Laxedrane
Mar 4, 2014, 12:32 PM
If it were the Creepy Loli Twins' Hunar, wouldn't there be two? I was hoping for a United Assault type boss battle. Those are always challenging.

I was hoping they make a change-over code from rescue. Where we get a falz hunar style boss to pop base on the class of the person captured.

But that sounds interesting too!

As for the area itself it looks generic to me as well but almost feel necessary since an area like this has been lacking.

I still hope they do a homage to the final area of Zero as it's my favorite final area in any Phantasy star I've played.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 12:33 PM
After everything I said in my last post

I'd be surprised if the bird falz isn't something like PSO1's falz, with a main body and then something it rides around on. You kill the horsey and then it just flits around like a, well, bird.

I'd appreciate some more creativity, but so long as the fight is actually different I do like nods to prior titles like that.

Mysterious-G
Mar 4, 2014, 12:34 PM
I wouldn't interpret too much into the field of that boss. That kind of battlefield isn't all that uncommon in the PS series, and actually a common staple for its final boss encounters. Imo, that Falz doesn't boast any features that would remind me of PSO1 Falz. And don't forget it's Elder that has a remix of that battle playing for his first phase, the arms.

When confronting Apprentice with Afin, Blu Ringhada suddenly appears and Apprentice says: "Is he worried about me? He should mind his own business."
Unless the translation was wrong on that one, that he really can only refer to Apprentice, the only other male of the Falzes there is. (The implication here is that he sent Ringhada to protect her.)

We encountered bird darkers even before Theodore turned Dewman, so while I still could see Theodore turn into a darker-monster thing sometime down the road, I cannot possibly see him as the bird darker Falz, as which this enemy from the trailer is beind adressed in the datamined files also.

Sayara
Mar 4, 2014, 12:39 PM
After everything I said in my last post

I'd be surprised if the bird falz isn't something like PSO1's falz, with a main body and then something it rides around on. You kill the horsey and then it just flits around like a, well, bird.

I'd appreciate some more creativity, but so long as the fight is actually different I do like nods to prior titles like that.

Then it better have a host attached to it then. Or else it wouldnt be like PSO1 Falz part 1 and 2.
http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/D1gTkJgsF4c/0.jpg
I mean, that is our good pal Rico here

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 12:41 PM
Then it better have a host attached to it then. Or else it wouldnt be like PSO1 Falz part 1 and 2.

I don't think it needs to be that closely. Most of the other inspired enemies are completely different aside from the obvious similarities and sharing a couple tactics (sorcerers spamming teleport & techs, ringarda being a centaur that charges and uses an obnoxious magic laser, etc.)

strikerhunter
Mar 4, 2014, 12:44 PM

You, I like your idea.

Also, judging from the background of the Bird Falz I highly very highly doubt that it is the boss of the new area. Which makes me guess either 2 solutions: EQ (first shown in story then release in EQ for summer time) or................final base boss (to good to be true unless there is a Mining Base Defense Part 3 with Bird Darkers)

Sayara
Mar 4, 2014, 12:50 PM
I don't think it needs to be that closely. Most of the other inspired enemies are completely different aside from the obvious similarities and sharing a couple tactics (sorcerers spamming teleport & techs, ringarda being a centaur that charges and uses an obnoxious magic laser, etc.)

I just want them to weed out their 60000 different characters in PSO2 already. Yeesh

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2014, 12:51 PM
is the new field the void labs? would make sense for it to be on the mothershipThis is what I was thinking too.

Did the stream say that it was a new field? It kind of looks like a story/eq only thing, since this is probably the "Oracle's collapse" that the Ep2 teaser mention. I'm betting Bird Falz awakens, and destroys the mothership while awakening.I get the feeling it's gonna be like darker den and not be a normal map.

This makes sense kinda, since I don't think it could be double.

I wouldn't interpret too much into the field of that boss. That kind of battlefield isn't all that uncommon in the PS series, and actually a common staple for its final boss encounters.
This is all the more reason it could mean something. >_>

Imo, that Falz doesn't boast any features that would remind me of PSO1 Falz. And don't forget it's Elder that has a remix of that battle playing for his first phase, the arms.What does PSO1 falz have to do with it? To be fair, we haven't seen bird falz's whole body anyway, and Hunar doesn't have much in common with PSO1 falz either.

When confronting Apprentice with Afin, Blu Ringhada suddenly appears and Apprentice says: "Is he worried about me? He should mind his own business."
Unless the translation was wrong on that one, that he really can only refer to Apprentice, the only other male of the Falzes there is. (The implication here is that he sent Ringhada to protect her.)You mean Persona? That's possible too.

We encountered bird darkers even before Theodore turned Dewman, so while I still could see Theodore turn into a darker-monster thing sometime down the road, I cannot possibly see him as the bird darker Falz, as which this enemy from the trailer is beind adressed in the datamined files also.[/QUOTE]Don't forget, we also saw aquatic darkers well before Gettemhart got possessed... The darkers don't seem to require having falz active to do anything. It just makes them more organized. This of course lends more weight to your idea that someone else is already possessed by bird falz though, since it would have to be active to tell Ringhada what to do.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 12:52 PM
I just want them to weed out their 60000 different characters in PSO2 already. Yeesh

Point.

Clearly the new DF should be made up of 50% of the game's characters and they should all permanently die. No wibbly wobbly allowed this time.

Aine
Mar 4, 2014, 12:53 PM
Unless the translation was wrong on that one, that he really can only refer to Apprentice, the only other male of the Falzes there is. (The implication here is that he sent Ringhada to protect her.)

We encountered bird darkers even before Theodore turned Dewman, so while I still could see Theodore turn into a darker-monster thing sometime down the road, I cannot possibly see him as the bird darker Falz, as which this enemy from the trailer is beind adressed in the datamined files also.

Assuming you meant Persona there.

Spoiler time:

[spoiler-box]IIRC Apprentice said あいつ, which is gender-neutral but singular, so that rules out Double. That leaves only Persona or another Falz we haven't seen yet.

Why I don't think it's Persona:
It's hinted Persona isn't originally part of this timeline, like the protagonist who's meddling with events in the past. It's also hinted Maria recognizes who Persona is, so he's obviously going to be an important character. I think it's too early to be fighting him since we don't know anything about him.

Why I think it's Theodore:
We know from datamining that Bird Falz is a Technic user, which matches Theodore (though he uses a wand, not a talis). Makes more sense than Persona going from a sword to a talis. He clearly plays a big part in the next story chapter, as shown in the trailer. He's gone off the deep end and turning into a vessel for the big bad is a logical conclusion for his story.
[/spoiler-box]

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 12:55 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]She couldn't have meant Elder? I don't see why he couldn't have survived because photons and plotholes. I mean, yeah, I doubt Elder would summon a bird darker, but at the same time it's a bit early for Theo to be summoning darkers at all.[/SPOILER-BOX]

edit: spoilered

Arksenth
Mar 4, 2014, 12:59 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]She couldn't have meant Elder? I don't see why he couldn't have survived because photons and plotholes. I mean, yeah, I doubt Elder would summon a bird darker, but at the same time it's a bit early for Theo to be summoning darkers at all.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Pretty sure he survived because you see him coming out of the core at the end of the fight...

Ezodagrom
Mar 4, 2014, 01:00 PM
[spoiler-box]She couldn't have meant Elder? I don't see why he couldn't have survived because photons and plotholes. I mean, yeah, I doubt Elder would summon a bird darker, but at the same time it's a bit early for Theo to be summoning darkers at all.[/spoiler-box]

[spoiler-box]Could possibly be a Falz that is still sealed (before Elder possessed Gettemhart, stone/aquatic darkers were already around), Aine is saying that Theodore could possibly end up being possessed by a new Falz, like Gettemhart was.[/spoiler-box]

Arksenth
Mar 4, 2014, 01:01 PM
Making Theodore the new Falz feels like too many whammies in a row. Like, you dewman-ify him already. And then he becomes the new Falz?

Aine
Mar 4, 2014, 01:07 PM

[SPOILER-BOX]Specifically Apprentice says "His/her kin? He/she should stop meddling". Kin in this case likely refers to the types of darkers. Even if Elder could summon a bird darker, his kin is the fish type.[/SPOILER-BOX]

landman
Mar 4, 2014, 01:09 PM
Are we saying here that blu ringada cousin with extra wings is the new Falz? if that's the case then I'm disappointed, I'm already disappointed for the fact that it resembles too much Blu Ringada, and I am hoping its move set is completely different.

Houten
Mar 4, 2014, 01:09 PM
Can't it be Apprentice's Falz form?

BIG OLAF
Mar 4, 2014, 01:10 PM

No, Apprentice commands the Insectoid Darkers, not the Birds.

Kikikiki
Mar 4, 2014, 01:10 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]We know from datamining that Bird Falz is a Technic user, which matches Theodore (though he uses a wand, not a talis).[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]Ei yo, didn't we see Theodore using a talis in the second route of the first chapter of episode 2?[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ezodagrom
Mar 4, 2014, 01:11 PM
No, because of this:

[spoiler-box]Specifically Apprentice says "His/her kin? He/she should stop meddling". Kin in this case likely refers to the types of darkers. Even if Elder could summon a bird darker, his kin is the fish type.[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]What Aine is talking about is from a scene where Breu Ringahda helps Apprentice, by "his/her kin" Apprentice is referring to bird type darkers.[/spoiler-box]

Arksenth
Mar 4, 2014, 01:14 PM
When are you getting the English story transcripts up again. -_-

This would save like a trillion posts of speculation.

Sayara
Mar 4, 2014, 01:17 PM
Its only for poor people
hohohohohoho

Actually google for AIDA's stuff they are there.

Mysterious-G
Mar 4, 2014, 01:33 PM
Assuming you meant Persona there.

Spoiler time:

[spoiler-box]IIRC Apprentice said あいつ, which is gender-neutral but singular, so that rules out Double. That leaves only Persona or another Falz we haven't seen yet.

Why I don't think it's Persona:
It's hinted Persona isn't originally part of this timeline, like the protagonist who's meddling with events in the past. It's also hinted Maria recognizes who Persona is, so he's obviously going to be an important character. I think it's too early to be fighting him since we don't know anything about him.

Why I think it's Theodore:
We know from datamining that Bird Falz is a Technic user, which matches Theodore (though he uses a wand, not a talis). Makes more sense than Persona going from a sword to a talis. He clearly plays a big part in the next story chapter, as shown in the trailer. He's gone off the deep end and turning into a vessel for the big bad is a logical conclusion for his story.
[/spoiler-box]

Oops. That should have been Persona there, yeah. My bad.

[spoiler-box]You make good points about Theodore, but with Apprentice adressing the Falz that sent Ringhada even before Theodore possibly could turn into Bird Falz, does him being it really make sense chronologically? Regarding Theodore being a technic user, let me also add that Persona's Coat Edge has T-Atk on it. Make of that what you will. It might be a hint, or just a mere gimmick for that weapon.

Going down that route, I think Luther is much more likely to be the one turning into Falz here. As we learn, he conducted experiments in fusing natives with darkers, and is implied to even have created Vopal as we know it. He obviously seems to have some interest in the powers of the Profound Darkness in any case. Heck, I just had the idea, but Luther being Persona himself would make a lot of sense to me. He showed up the exact moment the bird darkers did, and Maria as you said remarks that Persona seems familar. Additionally, it is mentioned that Luther only appears in a timeline in which Elder is unsealed - the aim that Persona has himself. It's a little crazy, but yeah, I think I like that theory.

Watch the trailer again. Luther is standing in front of a monument which' runes look oddly similar to the ones on the seal that held Elder. Could you translate it for us please? It would be very interesting to know what it is that he says there.

How I see things go down: Luther who already has parts of the bird Falz' powers (as he is Persona), gained by the use of technology, works on removing the seal to the Bird Falz to harness its power in its entirety. In the meanwhile, Theodore is fighting us to buy him time. We defeat or convince Theodore, but its already too late. Bird Falz is doing its work on Luther. (Though it would be nice if Falz chose Theodore instead, regarding him better host material.)

All things considered, I think Luther deserves the spot as the final villain for episode 2 more than anyone else. I think that would bring everything together nicely as well? Hahaha, maybe.
[/spoiler-box]

strikerhunter
Mar 4, 2014, 01:36 PM
Regarding Theodore being a technic user, let me also add that Apprentice's Coat Edge has T-Atk on it. Make of that what you will. It might be a hint, or just a mere gimmick for that weapon.

Wait what? Apprentice uses a Coat Edge?

Ezodagrom
Mar 4, 2014, 01:39 PM
Wait what? Apprentice uses a Coat Edge?
Mysterious meant Persona, not Apprentice. ^^;

gigawuts
Hm, just had a thought:

A while back I said in passing that it would be cool to go to a planet where creatures infected by falz had originally come from. What if Wopal is where the fish/stone darkers come from? For one example krabardas might be based on the crabs in seabed, as opposed to just being a plain reuse of animations.

That might be what the "as we know it" means - we got there while some of the planet is still intact, or considering fish/stone darkers weren't in the game at the start perhaps we got there after causing falz to notice it in the first place due to our time travel shenanigans.

This leads me to wonder if the bird darkers are from a jungle or mountain planet (lol).

Mysterious-G
I really like mixing up their names apparently. Fixing that to avoid further confusion. Sorry guys. 8C

Hm, just had a thought:

A while back I said in passing that it would be cool to go to a planet where creatures infected by falz had originally come from. What if Wopal is where the fish/stone darkers come from? For one example krabardas might be based on the crabs in seabed, as opposed to just being a plain reuse of animations.

That might be what the "as we know it" means - we got there while some of the planet is still intact, or considering fish/stone darkers weren't in the game at the start perhaps we got there after causing falz to notice it in the first place due to our time travel shenanigans.

This leads me to wonder if the bird darkers are from a jungle or mountain planet (lol).

Personally, I believe that the fish darkers were originally meant to be fought on Vopal, and the distinctively Egyptian-looking bird darkers on Lilipa, the desert planet. But then they changed that up because the Ruins area needed more new enemies. I still am mad the bird darkers weren't introduced with Lilipa's third area in any case. They just look out of place on Vopal, sorry.

Lostbob117
Mar 4, 2014, 01:43 PM
Tunnels reskin.

Kondibon
Mar 4, 2014, 01:45 PM
Hm, just had a thought:

I was thinking of something similar to this. Though I don't think all the Darkers of one type are from the same planet. Like, what if Wolgas are just darker Rockbears/Yedis

The best argument against it though would be "Why aren't there more of that kind of darker on the planet they're from?" Otherwise stuff like this is totally in my head canon.

I really like mixing up their names apparently. Fixing that to avoid further confusion. Sorry guys. 8C

Personally, I believe that the fish darkers were originally meant to be fought on Vopal, and the distinctively Egyptian-looking bird darkers on Lilipa, the desert planet. But then they changed that up because the Ruins area needed more new enemies. I still am mad the bird darkers weren't introduced with Lilipa's third area in any case. They just look out of place on Vopal, sorry.As I was typing what I said above I actually started thinking that the bird darkers seem like they'd play off the dragonkin more, if only because "dragons vs birds!" Though I also feel that whatever the bird darkers used to be was sentient because most other darkers don't use actual weapons (that aren't parts of their bodies) or wear things, so that could also play off as a counter to the Dragonkin and their culture.

I always felt bug darkers were more at home in lilipa personally.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 01:47 PM

Personally, I believe that the fish darkers were originally meant to be fought on Vopal, and the distinctively Egyptian-looking bird darkers on Lilipa, the desert planet. But then they changed that up because the Ruins area needed more new enemies. I still am mad the bird darkers weren't introduced with Lilipa's third area in any case. They just look out of place on Vopal. Sorry.

Well, I do know that the wondas and micdas were done and even put into the game in the closed beta, but that's more related to real life timing.

Re: fish darkers, I noticed a theme with amduscia where each area seems to resemble an underwater environment, just without the water. The caves are very reminiscent of hydrothermal vents, and most plant life on the entire planet resembles seaweed and other sea plantlife. Floating Continent's colors and general design feels reminiscent of coral reefs, and that's the first place we actually see dagachas and dagashes. I definitely think that was intentional. edit: Also, the seabed music from PSO1 plays occasionally in floating continent, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything significant. It just adds to what I'm saying.

Mysterious-G
Mar 4, 2014, 01:49 PM
Yeah, that's a very interesting point. Say what you want, but they put much more thought into those planets than we occasionally give them credit for. It took them a long time, but the built-up over almost 2 episodes is finally starting to pay off now.

I always felt bug darkers were more at home in lilipa personally.

To me, the bird darkers were meant to be at home there, with the insect darkers we see being Apprentice's scouting troops for her body that she wants so very badly. Of course both makes sense though, especially seeing how her body is buried on that planet in the first place. But then why put only bird darkers into Lilipa's 3rd area? It's like SEGA saying: "Yeah, they fit best here. But we needed more enemies to show off for the start of episode 2, so we used them for the coast area already."

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 01:52 PM
I definitely give the concept artists credit for their work. Some of the stuff they put out is absolutely stellar.

It's just that the designers and writers don't always live up to the same levels of quality. I think PSO1 had a fairly good and balanced approach, concept artists did an excellent job and the modelers, writers, and balancers did a fairly decent job.

In PSO2 it feels like the concept artists are still achieving similar levels of quality concepts, but the writers and balancers just can't be arsed. PSO2 definitely looks kickass on the drawing board, it always has.

Vintasticvin
Mar 4, 2014, 07:33 PM
Hm, so ARKS reveal they are evil, new sweet looking stage I'll never get to unlock, Angel winged Darker boss O_O?!

Daemyn
Mar 4, 2014, 07:37 PM
Hm, so ARKS reveal they are evil, new sweet looking stage I'll never get to unlock, Angel winged Darker boss O_O?!

As the darker rappy from months ago in a specific rp I can only say KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN!

Shinamori
Mar 4, 2014, 07:52 PM
So, we're evil? D:

yoshiblue
Mar 4, 2014, 07:53 PM
Wouldn't be surprised. Then again, it could be a case of Grey and Gray or Black and Gray Morality.

Xaeris
Mar 4, 2014, 08:03 PM
What I thought when I saw Lottie: "I am assuming direct control."

Ezodagrom
Mar 4, 2014, 08:46 PM
What I thought when I saw Lottie: "I am assuming direct control."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9U3Gffm94A

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 4, 2014, 09:00 PM
lol the new area looks like a reskin of tunnels,

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 09:03 PM
It really doesn't look like a reskin of tunnels tho.

Reiketsu
Mar 4, 2014, 09:10 PM
Huh, this area looks really neat. I'm wondering if the music in the trailer is actually the area's field theme or some new story cutscene BGM.
I hope it's the former, but either way, I like it.
Was really disappointed with Seabed, but I'm looking forward to this.

Also, absolutely doesn't look like a tunnel reskin to me :-?

cheapgunner
Mar 4, 2014, 09:13 PM
I want an outfit of that Bird Falz' when it comes up. Having those wings and that build would be worth my money for outfits for once.

Shadowth117
Mar 4, 2014, 09:14 PM
Huh, this area looks really neat. I'm wondering if the music in the trailer is actually the area's field theme or some new story cutscene BGM.

You know what else it might be is a boss theme. The opening fanfare and the overall tone of the song reminds me of some of how some of the other boss themes have played out. It actually reminds me of blu ringahda a bit and interestingly we do have a bird boss shown at the end. But who knows.

strikerhunter
Mar 4, 2014, 09:15 PM
lol the new area looks like a reskin of tunnels,

How so? It really doesn't look like a tunnel reskin tbh, I can't see any similarity besides the pathways.

Whenever Sega does a live stream of the new area for the first, the theme is usually the boss's theme. Example: Sanctum's live stream was Ex's, Quarry's live stream was Blu's, and Seabed's live stream was Menduna's (I don't remember watching or seeing a beach live stream but trust that it's theme was Rodus aka the forgotten boss).

Reiketsu
Mar 4, 2014, 09:16 PM
You know what else it might be is a boss theme. The opening fanfare and the overall tone of the song reminds me of some of how some of the other boss themes have played out. It actually reminds me of blu ringahda a bit and interestingly we do have a bird boss shown at the end. But who knows.

Oh... I kinda didn't think about that, but yeah... I guess it sounds more like a boss theme. Would be fine with that, as well.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 09:18 PM
I don't think people realize what the term "reskin" suggests.

In common nomenclature it's either identical models with different textures, or identical/resized skeleton with somewhat altered model and/or texture.

Wolgas are reskinned (new model on the same skeleton) rockbears with new attacks. Crys Draal is a reskinned (retextured) Quartz Dragon.

The new area is just bridges over water. Similar concept != reskin.

strikerhunter
Mar 4, 2014, 09:24 PM
I don't think people realize what the term "reskin" suggests or regular bosses to rares, yea just reskins.

In common nomenclature it's either identical models with different textures, or identical/resized skeleton with somewhat altered model and/or texture.

Wolgas are reskinned (new model on the same skeleton) rockbears with new attacks. Crys Draal is a reskinned (retextured) Quartz Dragon.

The new area is just bridges over water. Similar concept != reskin.

With something like comparing wolg to king yeti or rockys, yea it's a complete reskin.

As for the new area, accounting from what we've seen so far, I wouldn't count it as a reskin if only 1 aspect of it is similar and everything else is different and not just recolored/textured.

Zenobia
Mar 4, 2014, 09:25 PM
When I look at that boss I am reminded of Credo from DMC4 just not all arc angel like the PSO2 guy is. I hope he has a sword too. Here is what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMKo9JshdcU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMKo9JshdcU

Shadowth117
Mar 4, 2014, 09:33 PM
Think of it this way guys. They could have pulled a PSU and did this again:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/eWNOlcP.png[/spoiler-box]

Such same music. Much texture swap. Wow.

gigawuts
Mar 4, 2014, 09:34 PM
Think of it this way guys. They could have pulled a PSU and did this again:
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/eWNOlcP.png[/spoiler-box]

Such same music. Much texture swap. Wow.

This.

This was what did it.

This is when I said fuck it.

I left the game about 3 months in due to a lack of content, came back like 6 months to a year later to this shit, and left so hard that I forgot to cancel my sub (but it was fine since I changed banks 2 months later, I only realized my mistake about a year later).

Zenobia
Mar 4, 2014, 09:43 PM
Whoa Giga it's okay no moe of dat anymore. I actually don't wanna see that map anymore either.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 4, 2014, 10:04 PM
This.

This was what did it.

This is when I said fuck it.

I left the game about 3 months in due to a lack of content, came back like 6 months to a year later to this shit, and left so hard that I forgot to cancel my sub (but it was fine since I changed banks 2 months later, I only realized my mistake about a year later).

I guess bioware copied sega.

Renvalt
Mar 6, 2014, 11:20 AM
Guys, something just occurred to me.

Remember how Luther's name is written in Japanese? ルーサー. Modify it only slightly and you get ルーシファ (Lucifer).

The design of this new bird darker has a very six-winged Lucifer vibe to it. Almost like that bastard from Shin Megami Tensei (not the one in SMT IV, the one in the earlier versions).

What if (speculation only) Xion and Matoi were Photoners like Luther was, only that the latter survived whatever incident took the lives of the former?

I mean, if you recall, this whole mess started because Xion allowed us to save Matoi. Xion can't get involved directly, and it was only because of her ability to mess with time-space that we had the chance to save Matoi after our first fuckup in Chapter 0 (we don't hear her until we're back onboard the campship, by which time it's too late). Not to mention, Persona himself doesn't start making appearances until after we save Matoi.

Lucifer was a fallen angel in his own mythos, what if Luther is a "fallen" Photoner, and that's why he can't see Xion, and what would give him the power to create his alternate "Persona" if you will?

Sorry, I'm just jumbled from the reveal of the bird Falz Lord. Make of this what you will. In the end, Sega will probably just prove me wrong anyways.

Arksenth
Mar 6, 2014, 11:28 AM
...That's not "modifying it slightly." If the world worked that way, perhaps Luther is actually Lubert because their names start with the same letters!!!

Saffran
Mar 6, 2014, 11:41 AM
I find it hilarious that Luther is all but licking that wall in awe. (There's a famous story with the historical Luther involving a wall too).

Renvalt
Mar 6, 2014, 11:45 AM
...That's not "modifying it slightly." If the world worked that way, perhaps Luther is actually Lubert because their names start with the same letters!!!

Except Lubert's name has a "ba" sound, whereas Luther's name in Kana stays within the "s" group of syllables. It would take a lot more modification to get Lucifer out of Lubert than it would out of Luther. I mean, since Japanese doesn't read "si" as "si", it reads it as "shi".

.... I doubt I need to lecture you on Japanese, sadly. But consider that modifying the Japanese reading of Luther is only adding two consonants, while modifying Lubert's in Japanese would require modifying it a lot more.

Again, just sayin'. It doesn't take much work to get Lucifer out of Luther.

P.S. I just realized that you'd be reading Lubert's name in Japanese as "Ruberto" which if you wanna get ridiculous with me, we could forge Roberto out of that. Or, y'know, say that Lubert is really Robert Garcia from KoF. ~_~

EDIT - Just noticed how alike that the new Bird Falz is to Garuda from FFXIV. Sakai couldn't be preparing for his FFXIVxPSO2 dream collab THIS early, could he? I mean, he's not even properly done with the Shingeki collab, and then he sets the framework for this shit.

I mean, think about it for a second: Chrome Dragon's model could work as a base for Ifrit, this new Bird Falz would set a base for Garuda, Wohlgahda would be the base for Titan, and Val Rodos as Leviathan (and considering that we of FFXIV are getting Leviathan this month - I showed a friend of mine on FFXIV what Val Rodos looked like, and he compared it to Leviathan in our game).

arnd
Mar 6, 2014, 04:19 PM
Except Lubert's name has a "ba" sound, whereas Luther's name in Kana stays within the "s" group of syllables. It would take a lot more modification to get Lucifer out of Lubert than it would out of Luther. I mean, since Japanese doesn't read "si" as "si", it reads it as "shi".

.... I doubt I need to lecture you on Japanese, sadly. But consider that modifying the Japanese reading of Luther is only adding two consonants, while modifying Lubert's in Japanese would require modifying it a lot more.

P.S. I just realized that you'd be reading Lubert's name in Japanese as "Ruberto" which if you wanna get ridiculous with me, we could forge Roberto out of that. Or, y'know, say that Lubert is really Robert Garcia from KoF. ~_~

One could go pretty far with logic like that. Like comparing photoners to espers, thus declaring Luther an evil expy of Lutz. Those are all interesting theories, but it can be quite difficult to reliably predict storyline-related material or even point out sources of inspiration for the general character development lines.

Kion
Mar 6, 2014, 06:32 PM
Oh, that's Oracle Mother Ship?

Warning: possible spoilers
[spoiler-box]
Translated a event with Casra who says the responsibility of the Three Heroes is to protect the Mother Ship and nothing more than that. In another event he says that the Three Heroes also have the ability to use "Absolute-Orders", which Arks cannot refuse. I didn't know what he meant at the time, but I suppose Arks have it programmed into them. In the last scene in the OP video, Legias is saying, "we must wipe out any disturbances that occur in Arks". Looks like [player] may become a fugitive or something.
[/spoiler-box]

Gardios
Mar 6, 2014, 06:38 PM

...that's still far from similar. Not only that, but Luther is an actual name that has nothing to do with Lucifer either.