PDA

View Full Version : Instant Level 65????

ignika98
Mar 5, 2014, 06:22 AM
I just updated and installed the latest EN patch, and as I started the new EQ I instantly got boosted to level 65. I re logged instantly but i was still 65. Anyone know what going on?

I'm kinda scared...

Saffran
Mar 5, 2014, 06:25 AM
They lowered the exp needed for 46-50 so chances are, you had enough exp to be lv 65 by the new standards they placed in today.

Edit: dammit, this means I will get a trillion excubes when I log in (and that I will need to get close to the level up limit on all my classes again)

UnLucky
Mar 5, 2014, 06:46 AM
You need to gain EXP first before it levels you up, so you can store the 4m+ exp on your subclasses until the cap rises.

Shinamori
Mar 5, 2014, 06:54 AM
They lowered the exp needed for 46-50 so chances are, you had enough exp to be lv 65 by the new standards they placed in today.

Edit: dammit, this means I will get a trillion excubes when I log in (and that I will need to get close to the level up limit on all my classes again)

Is not just 46+50, it's 46+

TaigaUC
Mar 5, 2014, 07:30 AM
Be warned that if you haven't had Coffee raise your cap, you will lose a lot of EXP when you hit any of those caps.

I had one character go from 57 to 60 with an EXP FULL message.
Then when I exited the quest, Coffee called me to say "oh hey there's no cap."

I had another character that had a 59 class (cap unlocked), they went from 57 to 61.
So I lost about 1.5m EXP, because SEGA couldn't be bothered removing the caps properly.

Saffran
Mar 5, 2014, 09:24 AM
Well, I didn't get a trillion excubes after all.
Only about 40.

Zorafim
Mar 5, 2014, 03:05 PM

My hunter went from 55 to 59. My other classes only went from 48 to 49. So it's not the 46-50 range, as much as I wish it was. Having all my classes at 50 would be great.

Be warned that if you haven't had Coffee raise your cap, you will lose a lot of EXP when you hit any of those caps.

I think I dodged a bullet there. I stopped right at 59. If I had more experience, then I'd be stuck at 60 instead.
So really? You're stuck at 60, but the instant you finish your quest the cap is raised? That's kinda silly.

Gardios
Mar 5, 2014, 03:10 PM
I'm just glad I made it to 60 before the update. <_<

Vintasticvin
Mar 5, 2014, 03:18 PM
I was not affected by this. Should I be happy?

Zorafim
Mar 5, 2014, 03:24 PM
Probably not. Getting those four levels was the best part of this update.
besides throwing meteors at people

Jungo Torii
Mar 5, 2014, 03:26 PM
I haven't played in months, but I smacked one oodan for both HU and FI.

61 -> 64 for HU and 60 -> 63 for FI.

Thought it was pretty humorous myself.

DJcooltrainer
Mar 5, 2014, 03:28 PM
Wait, so I just have to gain any amount of exp and it will adjust my level for the new curve?

isCasted
Mar 5, 2014, 03:28 PM
Well, it was ridiculous to have negative EXP requirements for new level.

Zorafim
Mar 5, 2014, 04:02 PM
I haven't played in months, but I smacked one oodan for both HU and FI.

61 -> 64 for HU and 60 -> 63 for FI.

Thought it was pretty humorous myself.

Again, three levels when near cap, and only one or two when under the level for SHard. Kinda not what I was hoping for. What's the point in it anyway, if not to get people to SHard?

Wait, so I just have to gain any amount of exp and it will adjust my level for the new curve?

Yep. You will still have the same amount of total EXP, but you need to have your EXP total changed for the levels to catch up. Kill something in normal forest and that should be enough.

Punisher106
Mar 5, 2014, 04:03 PM

Why does Segac insist on having these? Can't they flat-out remove them?

DJcooltrainer
Mar 5, 2014, 04:06 PM
Yep. You will still have the same amount of total EXP, but you need to have your EXP total changed for the levels to catch up. Kill something in normal forest and that should be enough.

That makes sense. I was a little confused, because I had logged in before work to manage my shops and I was still at the same level. I'm excited to see how far I jump when I get home :D

Lostbob117
Mar 5, 2014, 04:35 PM
I went from Lv 63 to 65 and got excubes.

TaigaUC
Mar 5, 2014, 10:23 PM
Here's a rough general reference:

Before patch -> After patch
47 -> 48-49
50 -> 52
54 -> 57
55 -> 58
57 -> 61
59 -> 62
60 -> 63-64
61 -> 65

I think I dodged a bullet there. I stopped right at 59. If I had more experience, then I'd be stuck at 60 instead.
So really? You're stuck at 60, but the instant you finish your quest the cap is raised? That's kinda silly.

Yes, it's damn silly.

That's what I want to know.
Going by how they haven't addressed the issue, I guess it's intentional.
They must want new players to be bottle-necked at those levels, even in cases like this where the EXP amount is changed.

Jungo Torii
Mar 5, 2014, 10:46 PM
Again, three levels when near cap, and only one or two when under the level for SHard. Kinda not what I was hoping for. What's the point in it anyway, if not to get people to SHard?

I would think the point is just to level people to where they should be under the new exp requirements? Don't think it's just about getting people to SHard. The point isn't to level everybody's character for them to the 60s immediately (though it very much might seem that way).

And yeah, the level cap limits they've had as a part of the game since release are absolutely retarded and annoying.

SakuRei
Mar 6, 2014, 10:17 AM
This... Negative exp thing is only once right? once you consume that negative exp it's gone to levels onwards right?

Tenlade
Mar 6, 2014, 10:35 AM

to quote AIDA's sig quoting gigawuts:

I honestly believe most of the game is set to read-only and they can't fix old content because Sakai forgot his admin password.

SkylyVi
Mar 6, 2014, 10:50 AM
I'm level 49 and sitting at -500k exp, am I safe to convert my exp? Or is there a lv 50 cap quest?

Saffran
Mar 6, 2014, 11:30 AM
SkylyVi > it's been too long, I really don't remember. Check out FAqs and wikis.

Sakurei > if you're at max level, you will lose one level's worth each time you gain exp.
Example: you start at -5m, gain 10exp from a crystal in tower, get 2 excubes, lose exp to -3.7m.
I am guessing that this doesn't need to happen when you're below the max level.
Also, plenty of people report getting instantly several levels higher.

SakuRei
Mar 6, 2014, 11:40 AM
So basically... This negative EXP is a bug then? I'm expecting resets soon I guess...

MetalDude
Mar 6, 2014, 11:44 AM
I'm pretty sure it's not a bug at all. Because the experience requirement from 46+ has been reduced, you will have the amount of experience required to reach 65 overall subtracted. Every time you gain experience, the game will automatically readjust your level either instantly to the level you're supposed to be at or multiple times if you're at the cap.