PDA

View Full Version : New March update "not compatible"

ElazulTF2
Mar 5, 2014, 05:48 PM
Hey guys, im kinda new to this but I launched the tweaker yesterday only to see that there was an update.
So I started downloading it but after 10 min I saw I was at 500mb+ and not even at half of it....I stopped. Do I have to download everything or is this a mistake ?

Then on the right window of the tweaker it says in red :

> English patch: Compatible!
> Large Files: NOT Compatible, do not install!
> Story Patch: NOT Compatible, do not install!
> JP enemy/e-trials: NOT Compatible, do not install!

What the...? It says I shouldnt install anything except the english patch, which I did.

I really am wondering what I should do.

Serif
Mar 5, 2014, 05:49 PM
The update was like.....1.2gb. Quite large. and Yes, only the English patch is compatible atm. Item Translations and the other patches are currently not compatible, as they are not yet updated to work with the current patch. In time, they will be, and you can install them as normal.

Kondibon
Mar 5, 2014, 05:56 PM
Did you restore the backups from when you installed the english patches because if you don't then it writes over the english patches and has to download more.

EDIT: If you never had the english patches installed at all before now disregard that. ^

Also, it's saying the large files, story patch, and jp enemy/e-trials patches aren't compatible because they're not, generally whenever there's a big update you have to wait until the english patch is updated as well or else is breaks the game.

Also, what Serif said, the patch is just really big. It's ~1.2gigs.

Serif
Mar 5, 2014, 06:02 PM
Yeah when you download the english patches and stuff, always backup. I learned that the hard way...you'll basically reinstall your game every update.

For now, just update your game and when it finishes, download the english patch and have fun. The other patches will be updated at some point.

ElazulTF2
Mar 5, 2014, 06:17 PM
Yeah when you download the english patches and stuff, always backup. I learned that the hard way...you'll basically reinstall your game every update.

For now, just update your game and when it finishes, download the english patch and have fun. The other patches will be updated at some point.

Thanks,
I wondered if I could just update and play or If I had to wait for a new patch to be compatible.

:edit:

So far 1676/2841 (1.89GB)
You said its a total of 1.2GB.
At the end im going to be more like at 3GB....
what the... ?

ElazulTF2
Mar 6, 2014, 04:19 AM
It's because you had the story patch installed (which is about 2GB) and selected not to backup your files. Because of this, it has to redownload those files.

So now do I have doubles of a lot of them ? Is there a way to make sure that you don't have too many files in the tweaker ? Or the only way is by uninstall and reinstall everything ?

The game works now btw. TY

EDIT:

NVM, the game is now all in japanese.

Damn I miss my GC with PSO1&2 u_u it was a lot more simple.