PDA

View Full Version : Grinding / Adding 11-star weapons

gaijin_punch
Mar 5, 2014, 08:22 PM
Howdy

Okay, I've been playing a bit, and I got a Falclaw in the towers quest last night (woot). Looking at it, it starts off substantially weaker than my Nei's Claw which is grinded up to 7. It will obviously go much higher, and I finally read about the abilities, and I see that Ability III definitely ups it's value.

First questions: Geez Louise these things are a bitch to grind. 4 grinders & 12k. The kicker is that it seems the possibility of succeeding is low though. Any pointers? When should I start shelling out for the items that guarantee a successful grind.

Abilities: I've never really done this as I'm just now up in the 50's (w/ sub at 35). I see now that you can lose any ability on the target item if the material items don't have it. I've never looked, but I assume Ability III is a hard one to come by. Does that mean I'm likely not going to be adding abilities to this thing?

And for a complex question, are these people dealing sick damage relying on any of these abilities to do so? I'm finally up to holding my own, but Bravers with katana's just slaughter shit, and I'm still a bit weak. Over End seems to be about the only time I can dish out respectable damage.

Any general pointers are appreciated. ;)

WildarmsRE5
Mar 5, 2014, 08:43 PM
Abilities: an additional 75 or 100 S-ATK isn't a significant damage increase but the 3 or 7 additional PP boost would be great, or even HP boost.

also, what class are you playing? you said Over End so you're probably a Hunter but what?

If you're an Fi/Hu, your weapon which deals the most damage would be Double Saber. Twin Daggers work as well. (Symphonic drive away) and Knuckles. (BackHand Smash)

Grinding: use (-1) protects until you get to +8 or 7. (Full protects aren't cheap doe)

gaijin_punch
Mar 5, 2014, 09:02 PM
I'm Hunter/Fighter. It says 58/35 but I went from 54 to 57 after killing a Dig after the update yesterday. It might be a display bug. I will probably switch to Fi/Hu but only after I get my Hunter to 65 and my Fighter to at least 40 to play VH.

Full protects are pricey, but from what I can tell the 11-star probability of successful grinding is WAY lower than 10-star. I failed about 3 times in a row after only being at +1. :-/

Will dick around w/ abilities, but my Mag isn't even at level 100 yet. S-ATK seems to be the slowest to raise, if doing it by itself.

Sealco555
Mar 5, 2014, 09:10 PM
Either way, you'll want to wait until next week for the 10% grind and affix boost.

gaijin_punch
Mar 5, 2014, 09:18 PM
Either way, you'll want to wait until next week for the 10% grind and affix boost.

Is that for everything across the board... and you can stack the items to raise the probability?

LonelyGaruga
Mar 5, 2014, 09:35 PM
I'm Hunter/Fighter. It says 58/35 but I went from 54 to 57 after killing a Dig after the update yesterday. It might be a display bug.

Sega reduced the amount of EXP to level up for levels 46-on. The EXP total that put you at 54 before this maintenance now puts you at 57 with this update, which is why your level suddenly jumped like that when you killed a Digg.

As for the question about the grind and affix boost...are you asking whether every affix gets this 10% bonus? If that is the case, the answer is yes. I don't recall whether this is a static or percentage boost, but either way, it gets applied to every affix you try to add on weapons/units.

Oh, and about damage...it could be the affixes, but Shunka Shunran in itself does stupid damage whether the player has a bunch of affixes or not. Affixing is, either way, a good way to boost your damage, however, but Shifta Drinks, cake buffs, a capped mag, and other factors are also in play.

gaijin_punch
Mar 5, 2014, 11:49 PM
Word, thanks.
And I guess I missed the part about level 46 on. I thought it might be a bug, and they were going to screw me w/ a server reset. Then I got the Farlclaw and was a little nervous. SHould have read the update. Anyway, that will help me quite a bit on the road to 65.

Is Shunka Shunran a katana PA? They seem to be the one doing most of the butt rape. :D

LonelyGaruga
Mar 6, 2014, 01:03 AM
Yes, Shunka Shunran is a Katana PA. It consists of four strikes, one at a time, each using both hands.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23022077

The top right corner (top left is Hatou Rindou, not Shunka Shunran). As you can see, it absolutely demolishes poor Val Rodos in no time flat.

gaijin_punch
Mar 6, 2014, 02:24 AM
Yeah... I don't think I'll be a Braver any time soon, so might want to hunt down one of those Katana's fighters can use.

deahamlet
Mar 6, 2014, 06:12 AM
Yeah... I don't think I'll be a Braver any time soon, so might want to hunt down one of those Katana's fighters can use.

That'd be pointless, you have to be braver subclass or main class in order to use the Photon Arts of the Katana. so you cannot shunka without being braver of some sort.
pso2.cirnopedia.com and pso2.swiki.jp for lists of weapons, units, etc.

Grinding and affixing are rather expensive endevours. Start doing time attacks client orders from Klotho, even on hard it's decent reliable meseta. Also pick up dailies from Faina and get your support partner to gather the materials for you. Some of them are 1000 per mat (99k for 99) and also equivalent crazy XP as well. Your support partner can fail at bosses, but they manage to handle SH mobs somehow and will come back with materials for Blumegalla 65 level which you would have a hard time farming. The XP and meseta add up this way.

Dephinix
Mar 6, 2014, 07:28 AM
A higher level SP seems to gather more from the SH mob quests than, let's say, a level 25 SP. My level 48 partner would return with 3-9 at a time, while the 25 gets a measly one.

75-100 atk not decent? I find that hard to believe. It seemed to me that atk is your first stat, and damage modifiers come after. If you're a Braver/Hunter or Fighter/Hunter, I would think 100 more atk is quite a good deal if you max stances.

BrHu giving 205%-215% damage buff while doing just attacks (why wouldn't you just attack), and FiHu giving 225%-280%(attacking from the front-enemy suffering status effect). Have you ever used T atk up high on the force tree? That 120 was an awesome boost. I haven't even combined it with Force's Charge Up skills.

Atk might not be as amazing as Fury points or whatever, but I'm pretty sure that's the absolute base stat, and should be considered. Sword hunters might suffer from pp, but wired lance and partisan seem fine. Lol at Braver getting a better pp recovery..

kabutozero
Mar 6, 2014, 07:40 AM
they have buffed in this patch grinding 7-11* items. I grinded yesterday my first 11* and it was noth ard by any means and easier than other 10* I have grinded. I never got it below +6 after I reached there , and I got it 3 times to +9 , once staying on +9 5 failed attempts without dropping. Used only 300k meseta + risk protectors and 5 % boosters I had

People are saying 11* got 10* grind rates now , 10* got 9* and so on

gaijin_punch
Mar 6, 2014, 07:57 PM
they have buffed in this patch grinding 7-11* items. I grinded yesterday my first 11* and it was noth ard by any means and easier than other 10* I have grinded. I never got it below +6 after I reached there , and I got it 3 times to +9 , once staying on +9 5 failed attempts without dropping. Used only 300k meseta + risk protectors and 5 % boosters I had

People are saying 11* got 10* grind rates now , 10* got 9* and so on

Yeah, my friend did the Flame Visit and succeeded 4 out of 5 times. Was feeling a little picked on. :) Will try again next week when the stats are raised 10%.

Cheers to everyone for their help.

Sylphia
Mar 6, 2014, 08:56 PM
HU/BR benefits from fury stance, plus average stance which adds decent percentage damage. Mid 50's with a 35sub you will have less damage output from somone 60+ or with a more closely level'd sub and higher latent damage abilities. Level br as a sub, get hold of an agito, and shunka shunran for much better dmg than OE. Imho, you'd be better off with a 35br sub than a 35fi sub, since it adds much more than fi.

gaijin_punch
Mar 9, 2014, 09:11 PM
Hey

I just got this 11-star katana (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AC%E3%83%8C%E3%83%90%E3% 83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%B3). Not sure how to romanize that one. ;) It's not on cirnopedia though, and the cheapest I saw in the shops was 2.9 mil, so I'm happy w/ the find.

Right now, I'm Hu/Fi 60/39 (just a shade away from 60/40). I read somewhere on here that Fi/Br isn't a great combo. Is Hu/Br any better? Can fighter do even close to the damage as a Braver w/ a katana? I'm still wrapping my head around most of this. It took me a while to get my sub up to this level, and the Gentei quest (w/ the chrome dragon) REALLY helped that. I'm having problems finding high XP parties, but will keep trying.

deahamlet
Mar 9, 2014, 09:20 PM
Hey

I just got this 11-star katana (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A8%E3%83%AC%E3%83%8C%E3%83%90%E3% 83%86%E3%82%A3%E3%83%B3). Not sure how to romanize that one. ;) It's not on cirnopedia though, and the cheapest I saw in the shops was 2.9 mil, so I'm happy w/ the find.

Right now, I'm Hu/Fi 60/39 (just a shade away from 60/40). I read somewhere on here that Fi/Br isn't a great combo. Is Hu/Br any better? Can fighter do even close to the damage as a Braver w/ a katana? I'm still wrapping my head around most of this. It took me a while to get my sub up to this level, and the Gentei quest (w/ the chrome dragon) REALLY helped that. I'm having problems finding high XP parties, but will keep trying.

XP is easier with limited maps and one just ended and probably another one isn't out until summer. Everyone is in SHAQs so it's worse than usual to find XP parties. To 45 you can keep picking up VH/SH client orders that give good XP and run on your main class and hand in on your subclass. 45 to 50 is the hardest unless you know people that will run VH AQs with you.

Braver will outdamage a fighter honestly, but play what you like. Br/hu or Hu/br are very good and rather straight forward to figure out. Bonus for katana braver is that you don't need a new mag, just use your s-atk mag that you made for hu/fi.

Braver is high damage and comes with katana combat which you can basically do lots of damage and be invulnerable for 20s and finish with a big AOE after the 20s. Just-blocking gives you an aura that boosts your damage for a while.
Bow braver would be harder because of your mag and also any hu/fi units would not be good (since your units should have S-ATK souls and power III and such on them which won't help bows much). But some of the PAs in combination are great boss damage, I personally find it MEH at mobbing.

I have that katana, it's pretty and powerful. Susano has better latent but it's still 70mil+ so MEH.

gaijin_punch
Mar 9, 2014, 10:06 PM
Braver will outdamage a fighter honestly, but play what you like

Indeed. But, to be honest, when I first started I assumed fighters got katanas (I know, I should have read) so that's partially why I chose it. The other part was the mystique of it being an "advanced class". So yeah, with hindsight I should have done more research. I am still technically playing casually, but was more so then. I do some research on the web now, but I don't play every day, but I have fun when I can jump on for a few hours...even though those blocks are definitely rare.

Everyone is in SHAQs so it's worse than usual to find XP parties.

Indeed. In fact, I wanted to see what an AQ was like so I went to the AQ lobby, and jumped into one that was listed as "Anyone, let's have fun". Got in, and didn't put 2 and 2 together that it would cost 700k of my 1.2 million meseta. :-/ I joined anyway, and got that katana, so I'm pretty happy I guess. I'd love to do more AQ's, but I've only played for a couple of months (w/o premium) so have limited meseta. Also, only have a couple of friends... not sure if they do AQ's. Figured I should wait until I can deal more damage to do them regularly, so I'll have something to bring to the table.

I have that katana, it's pretty and powerful. Susano has better latent but it's still 70mil+ so MEH.

Yeah - I think it looks better than the Susano, which is pretty important to me actually. Haha.

milranduil
Mar 9, 2014, 10:09 PM
Susano has better latent but it's still 70mil+ so MEH.

29mil on ship2. rip

HBK666
Mar 9, 2014, 10:23 PM
29mil on ship2. rip

^^;^^;

gaijin_punch
Mar 9, 2014, 10:25 PM
One last thing -- forgot to check what mine has, but the one on the J-site above has Mizer Soul & Mind III on there. Is that set? Doesn't seem very befitting for how I would use it. Guess I should affix my own, no?

gaijin_punch
Mar 10, 2014, 08:35 AM
Ugh. S-DEF requirement on that thing is huge. 425, and I'm currently 388 after getting subbed Braver to 12. Looks like I'll need to add at least a little S-DEF to my mag, no? Maybe not at 65?

jooozek
Mar 10, 2014, 08:41 AM
use the skill simulator, it has a stats calculator
input your race and classes and rise levels to see when you will hit the needed s-def because you will without putting anything on your mag
putting s-def on mag is a terrible idea
http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php

btw-Niji
Mar 10, 2014, 08:56 AM
Don't put any stat on your mag aside from the appropriate attack. It is widely recommended to go pure 175 attack on mag.

Unless you're making a very specific build and you're planning to buy extra mags, of course.

RadiantLegend
Mar 10, 2014, 09:45 AM
Might want to consider dex. These new 11*s as requiring more dex.

gigawuts
Mar 10, 2014, 09:54 AM
A couple things:

1. Dex does literally nothing for your damage if you're equipping an uncrafted rare item (exceptions for red and blue weapons [赤の- and 青の- weapons], maybe, I'm not sure). They have pre-set minimum damage values.
2. Dex is usually a prerequisite for relatively weaker, but often multiclass weapons.

Decide at your own discretion. More damage for typically mainclass-exclusive weapons, be forced to wait for the infrequently added multiclass weapons that require atk, and be stronger at the cap? Or have an easier time finding some gear, easier time while leveling, better damage with crafted gear, and be a bit weaker at cap? It's really up to how you play.

Rien
Mar 10, 2014, 10:30 AM
Don't forget Braver mag, though your mag's dex shouldn't go up that high.

btw-Niji
Mar 10, 2014, 11:02 AM
There are better places to spend your SP on than Braver mag.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of current high Dex req weapons are outclassed by other stuff that can be easily equip-able in the level cap stat range without sacrificing valuable damage.

gaijin_punch
Mar 10, 2014, 11:50 AM
Cheers, guys.
Doing a quick and ugly simulation in my head, I think I can use it at 63/30, or there abouts. I might hit 64/25 first. Not sure... I drink a lot when I play. :D