PDA

View Full Version : Game Freeze and bug after last patch

Nanbobo
Mar 6, 2014, 11:12 AM
I can play a little maybe 15 min in the game and always, the hot bar dissapears and I am frozen in place as the game goes on around me.
The game then shuts down and I Get an error box just full of little box text in it.

It is pretty much the same problem this guy is having: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217818

Except I am only level 14, not 50, and it happens everywhere (in lobby in mission, etc.) And yes, I verified and installed the patches and am using the latest March 6th patch.

Guess I wait for a patch of the patch? ehehe any one else suffering? :-?

Daiyousei
Mar 6, 2014, 11:20 AM
What does the error box say? And it's not just level cap quests that cause the game to force an npc conversation, have you tried playing without any English patch?

Nanbobo
Mar 6, 2014, 01:22 PM
What does the error box say? And it's not just level cap quests that cause the game to force an npc conversation, have you tried playing without any English patch?

It says nothing. It is just a box full off little tiny boxes (because the text is not readable. I have see this in programs that cannot translate '"ç" for example).

No, it is not just level cap thing. It is pretty bad, if I just log in, it is bugged now. So meh. I have not tried without any patches yet. Will be hard since I just completed my first story quest and need to read the rest of my progression XD I am level 15.

Sizustar
Mar 6, 2014, 01:44 PM
Try the game without any English patch first.

Then once it work, install one patch at a time and teast it each time.

Shinureal
Mar 6, 2014, 06:55 PM
LOL someone talking about me :D
Well nothing new, just try it without any patch and see :/

Nanbobo
Mar 7, 2014, 07:00 AM
Did not work. I think it is the client itself. The game and everything starts fine, but the Hotbar does not load up and just frozen. After awhile (unless I alt tab out) the error box (with all the little boxes in it) pops up. Am I seriously the only one with this problem? It has been broke for 2 days...No one else getting frozen out?

Nanbobo
Mar 7, 2014, 08:02 AM
**UPDATE** So I re uninstalled the English Story patch, the RAR file. WOW, it took like 3 hours to uninstall. But that fixed it. I can move around and stuff.
Problem is, I understand NOTHING since it is all in Japanese. So...what do I do?

deahamlet
Mar 7, 2014, 08:20 AM
**UPDATE** So I re uninstalled the English Story patch, the RAR file. WOW, it took like 3 hours to uninstall. But that fixed it. I can move around and stuff.
Problem is, I understand NOTHING since it is all in Japanese. So...what do I do?

Please use Tweaker and install only ENGLISH PATCH. Please note the lack of word "story" in there. The English patch translates a lot of the menus and client order descriptions.

There are also "Large File patch" which translates more game things (not necessary, but nice, also been stable for me always), JP enemy names and JP trial (these change enemy names and trial titles to JP so when you announce you do so in japanese, also not necessary and probably best not to touch). The thing you installed was the story patch which translates the matterboard events and story missions. This is not necessary for leveling purposes and there's been far too many people here and there having issues with it (often enough from downloading the wrong version or their install just not jiving with it more than particular parts just malfunctioning). You are better off not touching the Story patch.

My advice is install the English Patch and nothing else. You can also enable Item Translator from Tweaker's menu (it's at the bottom of the menu, a checkmark) but be warned some people crash using it when going to their room for a second time. (I am one of those)

Good luck.

Nanbobo
Mar 7, 2014, 08:57 AM
Thanks!
Got it working. I uninstalled the entire thing. Reinstalled it.
I started in reverse this time: the March 6th Sotry patch,
Then large patches,
Then english patch...Actually, I accidently loaded the MArch 6th RAR as the english patch. So when I went to launch, nothing was translated, shut down, re opened tweaker, and it asked; "Want to install latest EN?" I said yes, and did not use the .RAR option this time eheheh.

In game playing smooth now. Thanks! Well...thanks to me I guess ehehe! But I do appreciate all the instant responses and advice!