PDA

View Full Version : Do I bother trying again?

Calsetes
Mar 6, 2014, 01:11 PM
Alright, so I haven't played in a few months. Come back and try to log in recently, got error 816 or so,which apparently means I was banned for some reason. Didn't hack, cheat, screw anyone iover, etc. - may have just been an "evil foreigner ban" because someone got their panties in a bunch.

Do I bother making a new account, or do I just say screw it? Kinda don't want to go through the hassle of making yet another account to just pour time into it and getting banned because I'm not Japanese, you know?

Also, sorry if this posts oddly - using my phone between all-day meetings.

HIT0SHI
Mar 6, 2014, 01:28 PM
It's still pretty fun so yeah, i'd recommend to do so.
Just don't expect many changes aside from the AC scratches, collaborations and some higher difficulty stuff additions to the game.

Calsetes
Mar 6, 2014, 01:41 PM
Alright, thanks. Really wish they would localize it - really hesitant to jump through hoops to spend money on the game when I can get banned for something do simple.

Sizustar
Mar 6, 2014, 01:42 PM
Generally, you can contact Sega to see what the problem is.
I had a friend with 11 account, 1 main, 10 alt, recently had most of them banned, he contacted Sega, and got 8 of them, including his main back.
Their machine logged him, thinking he was a RMT, he was using the alt to earn fun point, and put in My room stuff.

But I haven't heard of people being banned, for being foreigner, the foreigner that I know that was banned, was either posting offensive speech, or offensive Symbol Art.

gaijin_punch
Mar 6, 2014, 08:09 PM
(Gather 'round the fire...)

I remember when the US & JP servers on the GC connected... there was some dude running around dropping the N-word... in an extremely offensive way. Had to have gotten access to a "friends" account.

Average internet gaming internet in the US compared to Japan... so painful.

Shinamori
Mar 6, 2014, 08:50 PM
It might because your account became inactive? I dunno. You mean a "few months" as in more than like 6~8 months?

Calsetes
Mar 7, 2014, 11:00 AM
Generally, you can contact Sega to see what the problem is.
I had a friend with 11 account, 1 main, 10 alt, recently had most of them banned, he contacted Sega, and got 8 of them, including his main back.
Their machine logged him, thinking he was a RMT, he was using the alt to earn fun point, and put in My room stuff.

But I haven't heard of people being banned, for being foreigner, the foreigner that I know that was banned, was either posting offensive speech, or offensive Symbol Art.

My Japanese sucks, and I don't think throwing it through Google Translate would help much, if they end up seeing what we do with sentence fragments and whatnot running rampant. I'll stick to this new account and make do with it. We still get two character slots, right? That's a permanent thing since the update with the Deumans or whatever they're called - the things from PSP2:I?

SakuRei
Mar 7, 2014, 11:12 AM
I guess we got the same problem before, I got 816 before last 2012 on Ship:01 Feoh, didn't hack as well or did anything stupid on that Ship. Well on the bright side it lead me to go to Ship:02 instead of isolating myself in public back at Ship:01 xD.