PDA

View Full Version : Ra/hu to Br/hu advice

ashash
Mar 7, 2014, 02:26 AM
hi guys,

i'm a 65/65 ra/hu but i wanna change to Br/hu since all my friends are bravers, so anyone care to give me advice about best race, skilltrees, affixes, mag( do i need to get a new one (mine 115 ratk, 60 dex) and wt i'll be missing if i don't) PAs, bTw i want to go for pure katana build.

any help would be appretiated ^^

Zorafim
Mar 7, 2014, 02:39 AM
Learn Shunka. Ignore everything else.

The Knowing
Mar 7, 2014, 02:49 AM

^ this.

on a technical note tho, you will probly want a new mag and make it s atk, ignore this crap about pure dex mags, thats dumb.

max everything in the average stance tree and katana combat tree. ignore the bullet bow tree, that whole weapon is junk.

you may just shrug this off as a bad joke, but seriously, shunka. thats all there is to being a braver

Zorafim
Mar 7, 2014, 02:53 AM
ignore the bullet bow tree, that whole weapon is junk.

Oh what? I liked bow. I was looking forward to messing with it when I didn't want to bother walking up to enemies (shunkaing up?). They made that weapon useless too?

GoldenFalcon
Mar 7, 2014, 02:56 AM
Oh what? I liked bow. They made that weapon useless too?

Nah, I use it. Penetrate Arrow can be godly when it one-shots a whole line of enemies.

not to mention banishing bosses

Freshellent
Mar 7, 2014, 03:00 AM
Someone needs to link our local Bow Braver vids to show how 'uesless' that weapon is.

The Knowing
Mar 7, 2014, 03:01 AM
Oh what? I liked bow. I was looking forward to messing with it when I didn't want to bother walking up to enemies (shunkaing up?). They made that weapon useless too?

oh dont get me wrong, the bow is fun and useful at times, but the tree isnt worth the points in my opinion

Nah, I use it. Penetrate Arrow can be godly when it one-shots a whole line of enemies.

not to mention banishing bosses

but... shunka.

milranduil
Mar 7, 2014, 03:03 AM
Bow shines for bossing. That's about it.

GoldenFalcon
Mar 7, 2014, 03:04 AM
but...

Shunka isn't totally safe, and it has issues with positioning and missing

Ratazana
Mar 7, 2014, 03:06 AM
hi guys,

i'm a 65/65 ra/hu but i wanna change to Br/hu since all my friends are bravers, so anyone care to give me advice about best race, skilltrees, affixes, mag( do i need to get a new one (mine 115 ratk, 60 dex) and wt i'll be missing if i don't) PAs, bTw i want to go for pure katana build.

any help would be appretiated ^^

Welcome to the men's club. Just hold tight until someone comes to fill you up on the details. In the meantime you might want to check the official build thread on the guides forum.

ShinMaruku
Mar 7, 2014, 03:15 AM
Braver huh? Well a few pointers you need the standard tree skeleton of average stance +katana combat and it's additions. Remember to use your parry, it's very powerful when it activates katana gear. Katana gear+ Katana combat is something to be seen to be believed. While you are building your combos with katana combat (You see the hits you do during the combat boosts the finisher you do where you can do some insane damage if done right you will melt a boss with just that cooldown + shunka)

Shunka is OP due to how it stacks with braver and hunter trees plus it's takes 2 JA bonuses so swing first then Shunka for best damage potential. The finesse in braver is learning how to aim it to do the most damage.

pkemr4
Mar 7, 2014, 01:36 PM
all you need is shunka and karen and your good. also have asagi dash and TD on palete's the rest can be a crappy bow with the multi arrow pa for TA's and maybe hatou

Bellion
Mar 7, 2014, 02:10 PM
It's like no one has ever heard of using a mix of Kanran, Hatou, Shunka, AND Combat Finish.

Daiyousei
Mar 7, 2014, 02:41 PM
I'm a mix, and Shunka isn't even in my main palette lol, I only use it if I want to be lazy. But otherwise I put effort into things.

btw-Niji
Mar 7, 2014, 02:54 PM

um, shunka only? thats the worst advice ever.

you should be switching between rindou, kanran and shunkan accordingly.

i'd write more but im on phone... srsly do not spam shunka 24/7. it is not for every situation.

pkemr4
Mar 7, 2014, 02:59 PM
It's like no one has ever heard of using a mix of Kanran, Hatou, Shunka, AND Combat Finish.

all you need is shunka and karen and your good. also have asagi dash and TD on palete's the rest can be a crappy bow with the multi arrow pa for TA's and maybe hatou

:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?

Zorafim
Mar 7, 2014, 03:10 PM
um, shunka only? thats the worst advice ever.

It's the one that everyone follows, though.

My braver's lv41. Don't listen to me.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 7, 2014, 03:16 PM

Damn. It almost taken a page and a half until someone mentions hatou. These forums make me sad.