PDA

View Full Version : Kuna 2.0

Omega-z
Mar 7, 2014, 01:37 PM
Would you guy/gals like watching more of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f60iZITEk9k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f60iZITEk9k

Whats your thoughts? and should Sega make it happen? Maybe a video contest to have your video in-game perhaps thoughts?

Celille
Mar 7, 2014, 01:44 PM
I'd rather watch a concert of those 2 otaku-type characters from the story mode singing "Our Fighting" than more Kuna.

aphelion
Mar 7, 2014, 01:51 PM
Less concerts--or better yet no concerts--and more time spent on balancing and new areas to explore.

That should be SEGA's priority, in my opinion.

After just 3 months of playing this game, it's already getting stale. It's a shame games can't be engaging as they used to be. I played Neverwinter for only 3 months, while City of Heroes kept me engaged for 5 years.

F2P is great for trying things out, but crap for sustainability.

Yukito-San
Mar 7, 2014, 01:53 PM
I want it to happen ! XD

Zyrusticae
Mar 7, 2014, 02:12 PM
It's cute, but really, let the amateurs do their thing while SEGA does theirs'. I mean if SEGA contracts some of these people do concerts while their dev team concentrates on actual gamey bits, that's fine, but pay-rolled animators putting hours into work on these short little bitties that are only seen once every few weeks months is a serious waste of time and effort.

Less concerts--or better yet no concerts--and more time spent on balancing and new areas to explore.

After just 3 months of playing this game, it's already getting stale. It's a shame games can't be engaging as they used to be. I played Neverwinter for only 3 months, while City of Heroes kept me engaged for 5 years.

To be fair, a lot of this comes down to novelty and community. Everyone's got that story of their first MMORPG fling that's kept them glued for years and then dropped when the magic wore off, and have been unable to replicate since. I've played many, many games since the time I dropped Aion (after two years of nearly non-stop gaming) but not one of them has managed to snare me to quite the same degree, at least partially because it's all been played out.

It'll take a serious paradigm shift in MMORPG design before another game comes along that I can really sink my teeth into, I think.

Also, speaking of City of Heroes specifically, that game was unique in that it was designed to be replayed over and over again with dozens and dozens of alts. I've never seen any other game like it (besides Champions, which unfortunately is no longer seeing any support from devs even after CoH shut down). Personally, I can only replay a game with the exact same gameplay so many times before my mind shuts down nowadays. That goes for any game, PSO2 included.

Lostbob117
Mar 7, 2014, 03:28 PM

Do you know how game companies work? The team of people who work on concerts probably don't work on balancing the game at all, 'cause they aren't specialized in that.

Video contest aren't that bad of an idea, but they need to make sure not to have copyrighted music in it.

Chdata
Mar 7, 2014, 06:30 PM
I wish they had a little more variety in their concerts over like, 2 songs.

UnLucky
Mar 7, 2014, 06:53 PM
I wish Quna could bend her fingers

Shadowth117
Mar 7, 2014, 06:57 PM
I wish Quna could bend her fingers

I dunno, I'm still pretty amazed characters in PSO2 can pick things up Powerpuff Girls style.

Enforcer MKV
Mar 7, 2014, 07:55 PM
Would you guy/gals like watching more of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f60iZITEk9k

Whats your thoughts? and should Sega make it happen? Maybe a video contest to have your video in-game perhaps thoughts?

The animation is nice, but it's not something I want Sega to focus on in this game. I'd rather they spend more of their funds on balancing and the like, but eh. More clothes, I guess.

gigawuts
Mar 7, 2014, 08:05 PM
The animation is nice, but it's not something I want Sega to focus on in this game. I'd rather they spend more of their funds on balancing and the like, but eh. More clothes, I guess.

Hm, actually, this post made me think of something...

I'd actually really like it if Sega did an animation update. Completely update certain animations and fill in the animations we need - adjusted hitstop on normals for certain melee weapons, more fluid animations for certain weapons, casting animations for every type of weapon (casting techs off of your feet :blush: ), fistpumps changed, etc.

I'd prefer it over a concert 2.0 anyway. Unsure if I'd prefer it over more content. Another map, or less glaring oversights every time I want to play hybrid...

Zyrusticae
Mar 7, 2014, 09:11 PM
Hell, any sort of iteration on already-existing content would be nice. There are plenty of rough edges (especially in the environments) that could still see some smoothing out.

It's a shame that they're more focused on NEW NEW NEW MORE MORE MORE and not so much on improving what's already there.

UnLucky
Mar 7, 2014, 10:03 PM
Remember when PSO2 ep2 was supposed to be anything more than a new map and drop table?

Enforcer MKV
Mar 7, 2014, 10:17 PM
Hm, actually, this post made me think of something...

I'd actually really like it if Sega did an animation update. Completely update certain animations and fill in the animations we need - adjusted hitstop on normals for certain melee weapons, more fluid animations for certain weapons, casting animations for every type of weapon (casting techs off of your feet :blush: ), fistpumps changed, etc.

I'd prefer it over a concert 2.0 anyway. Unsure if I'd prefer it over more content. Another map, or less glaring oversights every time I want to play hybrid...

Eh...I guess if they do a better job of fleshing out the variety of the game, I wouldn't be opposed to this down the road...but I don't think it should be a very high priority.

kazuuya
Mar 8, 2014, 04:14 AM
I couldn't agree with UnLucky any more, I'm really sad that the fingers of PSO2 models are not rigged and just that ugly hand clump.

I know how hard it is to rig and skin stuff properly but, I had to rig a hand with fingers in my final exam and it's really not that hard. Especially if y'know you're an old gamedev hare who knows their thing. Even Aura Kingdom with it's super toony and adorable Anime Style has characters with rigged fingers.

Also I personally would really wish things like this wouldn't happen either but, yeah.
[SPOILER-BOX]I'm fairly sure everyone knows what I'm talking about but, if you don't then - /that/ leg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BiMaA0DCIAArxLR.jpg:large[/SPOILER-BOX]