PDA

View Full Version : GameGuard problems

GiZiBE
Mar 7, 2014, 10:28 PM
Hey all
Just looking for any possible solution.
I was able to play the game a few months ago just fine.
My boyfriend and I downloaded the English patch and decided to play again, but every time GameGuard initiates, my computer freezes and goes to the BSOD.

I've had my BSOD diagnosed on the Windows 7 Forums and was told it was a driver regarding GameGuard.

I've reinstalled the game, deleted the GameGuard folder so it would redownload, reinstalled and updated graphics drivers, as well as allowed GameGuard and PSO2.exe on the DEP list. Nothing. Does anyone have another possible solution for me? :(

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sp-24
Mar 7, 2014, 11:04 PM
There's this thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217492), but, naturally, it's dead by now. Try deleting those two files, and, if that doesn't work, then I have no idea.

GiZiBE
Mar 8, 2014, 12:26 AM
For some reason I don't even have those 2 files any where on my PC..

Kondibon
Mar 8, 2014, 12:30 AM
I heard that deleting the whole gameguard folder and letting it re-update works, but that might have been for something else.

GiZiBE
Mar 8, 2014, 08:31 AM
Posted on Windows forums about it as well but seems to be related to this file in GameGuard. I have tried deleting the GameGuard folder altogether, tried looking for those 2 files but were not on my pc, and even tried copies of my boyfriend's folder.

************************************************** *****************************
* Bugcheck Analysis *
************************************************** *****************************

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck CD, {fffff9801c8b7000, 1, fffff800038c77bb, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dump_wmimmc.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dump_wmimmc.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : dump_wmimmc.sys ( dump_wmimmc+24c5b )

Followup: MachineOwner

GiZiBE
Mar 13, 2014, 08:57 PM
Does anyone else have a possible solution to this?

jooozek
Mar 15, 2014, 12:32 PM
i doubt it's the drivers, i would recommend trying to run a clean boot to see if your game bsods
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
if that doesn't help you can also try disabling services that aren't from microsoft, also in msconfig