PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Fury Combo Boost Fix

milranduil
Mar 8, 2014, 09:18 PM
Randomly tested Shunka while jumping. Seems that FCB isn't lost anymore when you jump so Sega ninja fixed it. Just fyi.

UnLucky
Mar 8, 2014, 09:23 PM
And Heel Stab, too?

milranduil
Mar 8, 2014, 09:23 PM
I haven't tested with Heel Stab, but I would assume so.

The Walrus
Mar 8, 2014, 09:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sSwgwAs.jpg

Ratazana
Mar 8, 2014, 09:25 PM
That's awesome. See people? Sega is fixing things.

KazukiQZ
Mar 8, 2014, 09:27 PM
Woot, awesome stuff to hear :D

Shadowth117
Mar 8, 2014, 09:27 PM

They did a great job fixing the lag on weapon switches. I really liked that one.

gigawuts
Mar 8, 2014, 09:30 PM
Cool, finally. I wonder why I hadn't noticed?

Oh, right, Shift Period exists now and doesn't need to be charged.

Leave it to Sega to fix a bug just as soon as it's not such a big deal.

Shadowth117
Mar 8, 2014, 09:34 PM
Cool, finally. I wonder why I hadn't noticed?

Oh, right, Shift Period exists now and doesn't need to be charged.

It was sarcasm to be honest. Anyways, shift period requires pp that you may as well use on something like asagiri or assault buster.

Dashing is still relevant as its the only reasonable form of travel that doesn't consume pp on usage beside regular walking.

gigawuts
Mar 8, 2014, 09:40 PM
Well, I was more replying to the OP. Shift Period will vastly outperform Heel Stab in most circumstances where AOE is your goal. Heel Stab is still nice for some stuff, but Shift Period is obscene, rendering the fix for Heel Stab redundant since the fix was needed because GU needed decent AOE and now we have way better AOE than Heel Stab ever offered.

Shadowth117
Mar 8, 2014, 10:58 PM
Well, I was more replying to the OP. Shift Period will vastly outperform Heel Stab in most circumstances where AOE is your goal. Heel Stab is still nice for some stuff, but Shift Period is obscene, rendering the fix for Heel Stab redundant since the fix was needed because GU needed decent AOE and now we have way better AOE than Heel Stab ever offered.

I would love to know where you get this idea on Shift Period to be honest because either I'm doing something very wrong with it or its terrible aside from the last hits. Heel stab seems to do what Shift does a lot better unless I'm very mistaken.

Edit: It does look really cool and do good damage at the very end, but past that I'm really missing the "OPness" of it.

gigawuts
Mar 8, 2014, 11:03 PM
I dunno, something about clearing half a grid of mobs every time I use shift period and shitting all over anything that comes into my little glowy orb just doesn't really seem very balanced to me.

But hey.

UnLucky
Mar 8, 2014, 11:10 PM
Heel Stab is still better against a tight cluster at a distance, or if you have time to preempt the charge, but don't know when the spawn will pop exactly.

Shift Period is amazing up close, and does a lot of damage to everything at a distance. Comparable start time if all you want is the last shot.

If SP doesn't oneshot, then HS is better, though. Plus there's always the lower PP cost for essentially free back-to-back HS.

Shadowth117
Mar 8, 2014, 11:14 PM
If SP doesn't oneshot, then HS is better, though.

Yeah, see this is my thing. Problem is, end of heel stab hits a good range of targets and if you somehow don't finish everything from there you can quickly JA an uncharged heel stab and kill a lot of the time.

gigawuts
Mar 8, 2014, 11:17 PM
Yup. Shift Period is god tier if you're in the middle of a large group of spread out enemies, especially so if they all have juicy heads pointing in your direction.

Nothing like clearing an entire PSE burst respawn wave of gulfs, fangulfs, udans, zaudans, and rappies as soon as it spawns, then using Shift Period again and watching it happen again.

No matter how much damage Heel Stab does it just doesn't have the spread to cover so many targets around you so quickly. It's generally nicer for grouped spawns or more distant spawns.

Shift Period's other strength is sheer damage on a small area around you with hyper armor, followed by that blast. Breaking parts on a boss while also cleaning up the respawning mobs with one PA is fun.

Then again, I don't exit burst so I'm sure the metagaming tryhard wish-to-be elite would disagree on its usefulness, but being that I don't play what is essentially a screen saver I guess my perspective is different.

jiasu73
Mar 8, 2014, 11:19 PM
Yeah heel stab is amazing as a preemptive skill. It's the reason why GU is in demand and pretty much needed for defense if you want to aim for 4 runs.

UnLucky
Mar 8, 2014, 11:28 PM
Messiah Time does better damage up close and with invulnerability, though. Even with GMs I'd rather take only one chance to get 1-2HKO'd in the middle of the PA instead of all throughout.

It's got faster activation time, though, plus the single long range blast in all directions.

That's why I've got such a hard time trying to replace something with it...

Ratazana
Mar 8, 2014, 11:29 PM
Yeah heel stab is amazing as a preemptive skill. It's the reason why GU is in demand and pretty much needed for defense if you want to aim for 4 runs.

I think not many people in here understand the 置き concept.

gigawuts
Mar 8, 2014, 11:47 PM
Even with GMs I'd rather take only one chance to get 1-2HKO'd in the middle of the PA instead of all throughout.

I don't know what your gear is like, but if you're using it even slightly correctly this shouldn't even really be a factor. I use Shift Period while eating hits from a zeshrayda or two tranmizers and respawning shigno guns every desert AQ, and the only time I die is when I stupidly fail to position myself near a shigno gun to fuel my HP before the final blast kills the lot of 'em, and instead eat 9 rockets in a row.

Just turn around, backflip backwards directly into a couple enemies, and laugh while the close range hits flinch the things so they can't do shit to you.

Also, always jump when using Shift Period to help ensure headshots (which would be why the thread veered onto this topic - the utility of jumping).

Chdata
Mar 8, 2014, 11:49 PM
I would love to know where you get this idea on Shift Period to be honest because either I'm doing something very wrong with it or its terrible aside from the last hits. Heel stab seems to do what Shift does a lot better unless I'm very mistaken.

Edit: It does look really cool and do good damage at the very end, but past that I'm really missing the "OPness" of it.

If you play like I do, it's always better than heel stab unless you're only killing one or two enemies. And one enemy I'd use infinity fire or elder rebellion.

Mostly because I quad a lot and stay ahead of people so I can land stuff like that on spawn in AQ. Also a lot better with a fo who's using zondeel. Still fairly nice in 12/12 mpa and stuff if you like to spawn kill things a lot.

Ratazana
Mar 9, 2014, 12:19 AM
It really depends on if you have a zondial bitch or not. If you get someone nice enough to pack the whole spawn in one spot mt/hs. Otherwise SP is pretty solid.

kabutozero
Mar 9, 2014, 06:10 AM

Being able to use aerial SS at full power is still a big deal , mind you.

relentless
Mar 9, 2014, 06:13 AM
Just use both SP and HS: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23042800

Shadowth117
Mar 9, 2014, 10:24 AM

Thank you for using an actual visual aid as opposed to unconstructive trash like this:

I think not many people in here understand the 置き concept.

Though it wouldn't have killed anyone to outright say it was the headshots that really make it good. I used it on caves enemies initially and it always seemed to leave dinians alive, but that would explain it.

Anyways, I'm very okay being wrong as long as there's a reason for it. So thanks to those of you who actually tried to help me understand it.

gigawuts
Mar 9, 2014, 10:27 AM
Thank you for using an actual visual aid as opposed to unconstructive trash like this:

Though it wouldn't have killed anyone to outright say it was the headshots that really make it good. I used it on caves enemies initially and it always seemed to leave dinians alive, but that would explain it.

Anyways, I'm very okay being wrong as long as there's a reason for it. So thanks to those of you who actually tried to help me understand it.

I never thought I'd have to specifically mention that dealing double damage is good.

I don't think it was (or at least I hope it wasn't) anybody's point that you should use only one or the other.

I'm pretty sure it's a good thing to use something when it's good and not when it's not, or to use something when it's better than another thing and not when it's not.

Then again, this is PSOW, where if something isn't literally the only move in the entire game that you need to ever use at all it is automatically worse in every single way than what the mentally quadriplegic FOTM-followers have already been told by other players to use.

But yes, that video shows exactly when and why Shift Period is so good. I don't care how great anyone seems to think Heel Stab is, it cannot and will not headshot everything in a complete 360 radius, above and below you. It won't grant hyper armor as soon as you activate the PA, and it won't deal damage to nearby targets immediately when you activate the PA. Messiah time won't hit far away things, the bullets don't penetrate targets, and it won't prioritize headshots.

SP is like Additional Bullet if you fired it in every direction at once...and it worked with SRoll JA Bonus.

Shadowth117
Mar 9, 2014, 10:33 AM
I said I had first tried using it on cave enemies. When half of them were still alive because there heads were a bit higher, it seemed like a pretty terrible pa. On something like forest enemies of course, it makes a lot more sense for them to get wiped when their heads are lower.

Anyways, like I said I understand now and in the end that's really all I care about. If have to I look dumb to have to figure out the reasoning behind something I'm fine with that.

Ratazana
Mar 9, 2014, 10:35 AM

That was directed at the person I quoted but whatever.

gigawuts
Mar 9, 2014, 10:57 AM
I said I had first tried using it on cave enemies. When half of them were still alive because there heads were a bit higher, it seemed like a pretty terrible pa. On something like forest enemies of course, it makes a lot more sense for them to get wiped when their heads are lower.

Anyways, like I said I understand now and in the end that's really all I care about. If have to I look dumb to have to figure out the reasoning behind something I'm fine with that.

When using SP always always always jump, except in the most specific of circumstances.

It really is just Additional Bullet on mechguns. The first few shots fire out in random scattered directions for a very short distance, then the final blast fires out in a huge area in a full sphere around you (well, not quite as high up, but you've got other PAs for elevated targets).

But yes. Always try to position yourself above or in line with hitboxes you want to hit. If you're positioned in a way that Additional Bullet will hit a head, SP will too. Then it'll hit enemies farther away than AB will, and it'll hit enemies behind you, and it'll h it enemies below you, and it'll hit enemies a bit above you, and you'll heal a shitload of health if you're using Guld Millas.

ShinMaruku
Mar 9, 2014, 12:32 PM

They are just slow and somethings should not be in such shape. I still give EA more credit than the Sega. :P