PDA

View Full Version : Offline AOTI PA Balancing

Midori Oku
Mar 9, 2014, 09:28 AM
As some of you may know, I've recently joined the team that is currently developing the mods (my role on the team is very small) for the offline AOTI PSU. What I'm currently working on is the Tech PA balancing. The offline techs are terribly balanced, and need some major adjustments. Not in just the sheer amount of power some have over others, but the effects they have as well. Unfortunately, it makes some techs absolutely worthless on the offline mode. I don't want to use the online PA modifiers, or effects because they are not exactly balanced either.

If any of you have any experience with techs, please give me feedback on this! This includes online/offline on, US/EU PC, Xbox, or JP PC.

Problem #1: Currently there are techs that are far more powerful than others. For example, Rafoie and Gidiga are far more powerful than the others. They both currently have a PA modifier of 570% at level 50. Keep in mind the strongest tech online was Diga at 310% at level 50. Even at level 1 Rafoie and Gidiga are both stronger than the 310% of the level 50 Diga online. Keep in mind that all techs on the offline are completely overpowered compared to their online versions. They need some serious adjustments.

Problem #2: Hit effects play a major role in the offline mode. They make some techs absolutely useless. For example, knockback, knockdown, flinch, blow away, and making enemies fly up into the air

Here's a small list of some of the hit effects they have currently:

-Rafoie = Blow away
-Diga = Blow away
-Nosdiga = Tosses enemies up into the air (this really hurts this tech)
-Regrant = Blow away
-Rabarta = Knockdown
-Radiga = Knockdown

What I want to change:

-Rafoie = Flinch
-Diga = Knockdown
-Nosdiga = Flinch
-Regrant = I'll either keep it blow away, or change it to knockdown
-Rabarta = Flinch
-Radiga = Flinch

Most of the other techs have flinch, but I do believe a few of them don't really don't have a hit effect. All of the online techs had flinch at the very least, and it needs to be that way. I'm not quite sure what I want to add, or take way from.

Problem #3: The status effects are also a major problem, and is one I'm not quite sure how I'm going to tackle most of this. The current levels on them are extremely unbalanced. I do know that Gidiga and Radiga need to have status effects added to them. Gidiga will get silence (like the online version), but poison is pointless on Radiga. I personally think Silence would be best for it.

Here's some of the ideas I currently have:

-Gidiga = Silence lvl 4
-Radiga = Silence lvl 3
-Ramegid = Infection lvl ?

I want to change Ramegid form confuse, to infection like Dammegid.

Problem #4: Tech hitbox and target problems. I'm not sure if the limit breaks (hitting multiple spots on one target) is possible, but I do know for a fact that all techs be made hit more enemies. For example, it's possible to make Diga/Foie (somewhat like the limit break) hit multiple enemies at once. The base number of enemies that Ra-techs, and Gi-techs could be raised as well.

This is how it currently looks:

Diga/Foie = One enemy
Ra-techs = 3 targets at once (even at level 41+)
Gi-techs = I want to say it's correct at 6, but it's hard to tell with terrible radius

How I want it to look:

Diga/Foie = 4+ enemies (depending on if limit breaks end up working)
Ra-techs = 7 enemies (equal to Fortetecher on the JP server)
Gi-techs = 6 enemies

Hopefully we can get them to hit multiple hitboxes on a single target.

Problem #5: Tech range/radius. Online we had Attack Range+ lvl2, and that really helped with the range and radius on many techs. Especially on Gi-techs, Dam-techs, Ra-techs, and Limit Break Diga/Foie.

The range can be adjusted, but I have no idea (still need to test) if it also changes the radius of techs. Dam-techs would benefit from a range increase, but Gi-techs really need the radius increased. Ra-techs could be used effectively with how they are now, but a radius increase would still be helpful if you want to compare them to the online version.

Problem #6: Megiverse (yes, it's a problem on its own lol). I've been thinking about ways to possibly make it useful, and the only thing I can come up with is to make a dark version of Regrant. Give it damage reflect, and the blow away hit effect. Any thoughts on this?

Please give me feedback on what you think of what I currently have, and what you would like to see. Also keep in mind that light techs (Grants, Damgrants, and Nagrants) will be available once the offline mod is finished. I would like some opinions on what should be done with them.

DeathDragon2332
Mar 9, 2014, 11:54 PM
I think just copying everything from JP is the best way to go but Ra-Grants should be a knockdown instead of a blow back because it is rather annoying lol. I honestly think that Gi-Techs should have 7+ because it is a massive AOE and having it limited to 6 always seemed dumb to me. The Ra-Techs seem good. The range/AOE is something that Agra talked about awhile ago but hasn't mentioned anything since. I think he said that the range does increase the AOE but I could be wrong. Once again I think that Megiverse SHOULD have damage reflect but it should knockdown not blow away. The blow away in general is rather annoying and just makes runs that more annoying when they get sent flying away from you.

These are just my personal opinions, I haven't played MF or FT as much as you but I did have several thousand hours on my JP MF and these are some of the changes I would have liked to see.