PDA

View Full Version : anyone here that loved solo play on this game

adonis565
Mar 9, 2014, 05:55 PM
people seem to find it weird to play this game solo yet nobody had problems with people playing diablo 2 offline i just want to see if anyone else enjoyed playing this solo

VioletSkye
Mar 9, 2014, 07:23 PM
I played strictly offline for quite awhile on the gamecube before purchasing a broadband adaptor to get online. Even now when I play psobb, i run my own server and either play alone or with my kids :)

DJcooltrainer
Mar 9, 2014, 09:08 PM
I played PSO on GC mostly offline, as I only had a 56k modem and we ditched dial-up awhile after getting it. I got to the upper 180's playing 90% offline and with friends in split screen. I can't go back and do it now, though. The gameplay is just way too slow to start over.

Crazyleo
Mar 9, 2014, 09:50 PM
Most of my PSO experience is soloing offline. Even when I got into PSOBB before my PC died, I was soloing because the server I played on had a low population.

Blackheart521
Mar 9, 2014, 10:48 PM
I only ever played Offline on GC though I did have the person who introduced me to the game and then a few friends who I got into the game after that who played couch co-op with me until I sold my GC along with the memory card that had my Lvl 126 HUmar on it.

I barely played Online actually, I discovered PSOBB (on a private server) well after even PSU released and didn't have anyone to play that with so I kinda just stopped that relatively quickly.

Zysets
Mar 9, 2014, 11:51 PM
I mostly ever played Solo. I couldn't always play online, and I never owned the GameCube version, so I never could play local multiplayer. I didn't play with others until Blue Burst, but it was a lot more fun once I did.

DC_PLAYER
Mar 10, 2014, 07:53 AM
Lvl 200 here by playing offline.

RedRaz0r
Mar 10, 2014, 04:27 PM
This game is so old and didn't have the best balancing when it came to party play (specifically the loot system) so playing solo wasn't bad at all. I still prefer party play because I like to play with friends, but solo play is okay also

Mar 12, 2014, 01:08 PM
I liked playing solo-mode when you could play the multi-mode quests in solo-mode. All of the story-mode quests and free maps are pretty boring though. A "Popular" server finally (after saying they would for what, 5+ years?) removed all the multi-mode quests from solo-mode, so it's really boring now. Soloing multi-mode can be fun too if it's a quest that's actually possible, which quite a few aren't because you need more than one person to stand on switches.

Dongra
Mar 12, 2014, 02:56 PM
Wait, they removed multiplayer quests from solo mode and removed quest rewards?

gigawuts
Mar 12, 2014, 03:24 PM
I was all about solo play for the longest time, and still am. Group play was fun, but solo play always felt like an adventure, and I always become absorbed into the game's setting and atmosphere.

Mar 12, 2014, 03:37 PM
Wait, they removed multiplayer quests from solo mode and removed quest rewards?

Yeah you can only play them in multi-mode now. I think they added some of the quest rewards back in, but they nerfed restless lion (apparently it made it too easy to get charge weapons you could buy from the shop or hell/arrest gear). I don't think you can add hit to enemy weapons either. There is a way to get hit on your enemy weapons but it's pretty much impossible. Last I heard there was a use option that turned the enemy part into the weapon, and there was as 5% chance to have any hit at all (ranging from 15-100). So getting an enemy weapon with 15 hit is probably harder now than actually using photon crystals to get 50 hit, which wasn't even that easy. They did put the rewards for BPD and BPD2 back though.

Midori Oku
Mar 12, 2014, 07:52 PM
Soloing was my specialty! :)

sYn111
Mar 13, 2014, 07:30 PM
I mainly played solo offline on the GC as well... then went on to BB, but I preferred playing solo. I wish pso2 had that option

jooozek
Mar 15, 2014, 12:50 AM
i always solo in games without separate loot for each party member
no other way to enjoy party play otherwise

Blackheart521
Mar 15, 2014, 01:01 AM
i always solo in games without separate loot for each party member
no other way to enjoy party play otherwise

Unless you're playing with friends who have different class than you or are interested in certain types of weapons that you're not, then I'm fine with just giving anything I don't want to them if it'll help them upgrade. ^^;

AlexCraig
Mar 15, 2014, 07:07 PM
The server I play on has a small populace, so solo mode is often what I play.

Dhylec
Mar 15, 2014, 09:02 PM
Before PSO GC, I played DC v2 offline for some 2000 hours.

Requiem Aeternam
Mar 16, 2014, 10:38 AM
I've mostly played PSO1 solo. There were a couple of times I played offline with friends but that only happened once or twice. I only have the GC I never got online but I probably would have played solo anyway since I prefer to do so.

NightHour13
Mar 16, 2014, 12:53 PM
The whole offline/online thing was actually pretty emotional for me (bear with me). For the longest time I played offline, starting with the first time I got a DC and stumbled upon this plane of existence. The DC fried quickly and it wasnt untill later when I got a GC that I really entered the grind. At least 1600 to 2000 hours if you were looking at the hundreds above. I got to 134 offline and reached as far as 168 once I finally came online - which was like being alone amongst the pioneer 1 remnants waiting for you guys on pioneer 2 to come find me in the darkness of the ruins.

Going solo for so long and really feeling the loneliness and lingering horror the game wanted you to experience shaped me as a character to say the least - and when I was loosed upon the masses it was great! Untill.....

BFSOD!!!!!!!!

I found ways to see it coming, and bank all my shiz before I lost them to the abyss. Ah, the good days!

Shinamori
Mar 18, 2014, 08:11 PM
I loved it because people can't still you drops lol