PDA

View Full Version : Assuming you have a fire element katana...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2014, 06:18 PM
... would you have a light or fire partisan?

Just want a few quick opinions.

Kamekur
Mar 10, 2014, 06:22 PM
... would you have a light or fire partisan?

Just want a few quick opinions.

Fire. I would change my element to dark if I were spamming altar TA for instance. But I would keep it fire. It gives a higher damage bonus on fire weak darkers (basically the ones you would assbust) plus, you would have the bonus in Naberius too.

Edit: Ninja'd! :p.

jiasu73
Mar 10, 2014, 06:24 PM
For me i prefer a fire partisan over light because the stuff that you should be able to ohko that is a dark enemy can probably be done with a fire partisan. The fire partisan can really help you ohko stuff like za oodan in naberius 1 TA which has like 15k hp where as the high hp darkers have like 40-50k HP. So it would probably still take you 2-3 stikes for them if you change from fire to light

Sacrificial
Mar 10, 2014, 06:27 PM
i prefer lightning on partisans for anti mechs even though you didnt ask for that.....

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2014, 06:32 PM
Also, I was planning on picking up the new 11* partisan instead of geki.

The atk and potential differences assuming same affixes gives the new partisan +7% damage to everything else, while geki still has the +14% AB damage pot for a ~7% damage difference. (I do use sacred skewer)

Kamekur
Mar 10, 2014, 06:32 PM
i prefer lightning on partisans for anti mechs even though you didnt ask for that.....

Mechs have only 13.5k at most. Since he mentioned Katana I assume he's talking about BrHu-HuBr assbust. HuBr with Geki easily do more damage than that even without a matching element partizan. If you were using a partizan for HuTe/GuHu/RaHu, then yeah, go for lightning, it's your only way to hit +10k.

Also, I was planning on picking up the new 11* partisan instead of geki.

The atk and potential differences assuming same affixes gives the new partisan +7% damage to everything else, while geki still has the +14% AB damage pot for a ~7% damage difference. (I do use sacred skewer)

Nah, I wouldn't do that. Geki is what makes Assault Buster worth using as HuBr and so far, it has enough power to Sacred Skewer some stuff with lvl 1 gear. Unless you want to use other PAs. Then I don't know what to tell you.

milranduil
Mar 10, 2014, 06:38 PM
I would agree stick with Gekits since you'll be using A.Buster the most. Plus it's much cheaper to grind :p

Zorafim
Mar 10, 2014, 07:26 PM
Partisans are usable? When did that happen?

milranduil
Mar 10, 2014, 07:35 PM

asdf (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22476966)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2014, 07:36 PM

Since sacred skewer and assbuster are two of the few HU PAs that aged better than milk.

Zorafim
Mar 10, 2014, 07:56 PM
asdf (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22476966)

Are those numbers for real? How is he doing that?

Since sacred skewer and assbuster are two of the few HU PAs that aged better than milk.

Ah, the two partisan PAs I don't have at a decent level. Maybe it's time for me to farm vhard banthers.

UnLucky
Mar 10, 2014, 08:02 PM
Isn't Slide End stronger than AssBusta?

Bellion
Mar 10, 2014, 08:09 PM
It is, generally.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 10, 2014, 08:16 PM

Ah, the two partisan PAs I don't have at a decent level. Maybe it's time for me to farm vhard banthers.

Assbuster gets decent after 11. Fury stance, if braver-average stance, up, and charge. Geki potential adds another 14% damage. You missed your chance to get free level 16 during xmas i assume.

Sacred skewer scales linearly with level, but it gains 20% more damage with partisan gear unlike any other partisan PA that normally just gain range, and is an satk-based zonde, which is what makes it unique out of... just about any other satk PA. Fast moving/flying enemies can't escape it, it has a decent aoe, and hits the one point you Q-targeted instead of any other nearby hitbox on the same enemy at least 90% of the time. Sadly it had stupidly long (are maybe even infinite) range at one point as an unintended bug and was long since 'fixed'.

The other problem with sacred skewer is that it's one of two rare PAs that drop from a rare subboss of all things (enjoy seeing ~6 drops on average even with a full break on org keratos), so it is a pain in the ass to farm.

It is, generally.

Until the player gets a hold of geki as most of us know.

Bellion
Mar 10, 2014, 08:22 PM
But then you'd have to compare an SE partizan to it to make it fair. :C
But yeah, Assault Buster has more reach which makes it better than Slide End for AoE for the most part. Slide End is wider, though.

milranduil
Mar 10, 2014, 08:25 PM

Proper tree, proper mag, affixes. Also, I can't believe you don't have AB16 after Xmas EQ. That was your chance...

UnLucky
Mar 10, 2014, 08:30 PM
I was thinking maybe the 11* Partisan or the Bio series would make Slide End better than Geki's AB. Or even the Desert stone one for Fighter main.

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2014, 08:31 PM
Proper tree, proper mag, affixes. Also, I can't believe you don't have AB16 after Xmas EQ. That was your chance...

To be fair Zorafim never played much due to sega not really having much back to keep him occupied.

milranduil
Mar 10, 2014, 08:34 PM
To be fair Zorafim never played much due to sega not really having much back to keep him occupied.

i c wut u did th4r :wacko:

Zenobia
Mar 10, 2014, 08:46 PM
Lolz nice catch 8D!

gaijin_punch
Mar 11, 2014, 12:12 AM
Until the player gets a hold of geki as most of us know.

N00b question: what's geki exaclty? :)

Digital Pain
Mar 11, 2014, 03:00 AM
N00b question: what's geki exaclty? :)

Gekitsnata a 10* Partisan

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 11, 2014, 10:24 AM
Gekitsnata a 10* Partisan

... that has a potential that increases assault buster damage by 14%.