PDA

View Full Version : Flash Thousand Buff

Rien
Mar 11, 2014, 08:54 AM
Last week's update gave Fighters a buff: Flash Thousand 16 now has 1455 power, making it's output higher than Backhand Smash.

It costs just as much pp, but spreads the damage over 9 hits.

Thoughts? I think it's just something to use with Zondeel, since bosses won't stay still for the most part.

gigawuts
Mar 11, 2014, 08:57 AM
I thought it had been that powerful for a while.

Anyway, backhand smash's strength was always in deeps-right-now, so in that regard nothing's changed. You can drop two BHS and already be springing your third by the time flash thousand is done with its first animation. It's nice to have a more PP efficient alternative, but I'd rather switch to deadly archer or any number of dagger moves in a lot of other situations.

I think it's a case of too little, too late, but I could be wrong.

Aine
Mar 11, 2014, 09:46 AM
They flat out stated it was a bug, but decided to leave it that way.

DoubleZero
Mar 11, 2014, 12:08 PM
Y'know what would be a real buff to Flash Thousand?

Either reduce the distance the initial uppercut knocks backward, or extend the hit boxes on the 'Thousand' part of the PA so the initial uppercut doesn't push the enemy out of range. Or if that's making things too useful, at least make it able to be dodge/dash canceled so you're not punching air like a jackass.

RadiantLegend
Mar 11, 2014, 12:11 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ what he said.

gigawuts
Mar 11, 2014, 12:24 PM
Y'know what would be a real buff to Flash Thousand?

Either reduce the distance the initial uppercut knocks backward, or extend the hit boxes on the 'Thousand' part of the PA so the initial uppercut doesn't push the enemy out of range. Or if that's making things too useful, at least make it able to be dodge/dash canceled so you're not punching air like a jackass.

God, such this. Also, fix Surprise Knuckle knocking enemies out of the third hit's range while you're at it.

Drifting Fable
Mar 11, 2014, 12:41 PM
This is a thing? oxo

Then again I haven't been using flash thousand as often as I should be(mainly just for elder because BHS damages elder too quickly for a full break it seems).

Either way good to see something nice happening for the good ol fist cuffs.

UnLucky
Mar 11, 2014, 05:34 PM
"From the update on 2014/03/05, upward revision has been made to power without notice."

Hm, so it is possible to change the power of existing PA levels. Interesting.

DoubleZero
Mar 11, 2014, 05:51 PM
God, such this. Also, fix Surprise Knuckle knocking enemies out of the third hit's range while you're at it.

Now it's my turn to say 'God, such this.'

If I was running the show, all Melee weapons would have at least ONE PA like Guilty Break, designed to get HU/FI into Melee quickly. Since we're talking about Knuckles in this thread, Straight Charge needs to be that PA. Each of the Knuckle PAs needs to have more to it in order to make less 'redundant' PAs that just do straight damage (Flicker Jab vs. Pendulum Roll) or made obsolete (Slide Upper vs. Flash Thousand).

I already illustrated how to fix Flash Thousand, and PAs like Pendulum Roll and BHS don't really need to change. Here's how I'd make the other PAs useful.

- As I mentioned above, Straight Charge closes the gap to Melee like Guilty Break.
- Increase the Area of Effect on Quake Howling (to make it more of a 360 crowd clearer like Slide Shaker) and remove the stun effect.
- Surprise Knuckle gets the Stun from QH and no longer launches the target until the last hit.
- Ducking Blow gets full invulnerability prior to making the lunge for the "blow" and causes knockdown.
- Flicker Jab should be able to be held to extend duration, or mashed like Infinity Fire.
- Slide Upper is probably the toughest one, but I think it should either get blowback immunity, or basically rocket punch enemies TO THE MOON.

RadiantLegend
Mar 11, 2014, 06:34 PM
If only zero, if only. I'd drop Braver in a heart beat.

FacelessRed
Mar 11, 2014, 07:43 PM

If I was running the show, all Melee weapons would have at least ONE PA like Guilty Break, designed to get HU/FI into Melee quickly. Since we're talking about Knuckles in this thread, Straight Charge needs to be that PA. Each of the Knuckle PAs needs to have more to it in order to make less 'redundant' PAs that just do straight damage (Flicker Jab vs. Pendulum Roll) or made obsolete (Slide Upper vs. Flash Thousand).

I already illustrated how to fix Flash Thousand, and PAs like Pendulum Roll and BHS don't really need to change. Here's how I'd make the other PAs useful.

- As I mentioned above, Straight Charge closes the gap to Melee like Guilty Break.
- Increase the Area of Effect on Quake Howling (to make it more of a 360 crowd clearer like Slide Shaker) and remove the stun effect.
- Surprise Knuckle gets the Stun from QH and no longer launches the target until the last hit.
- Ducking Blow gets full invulnerability prior to making the lunge for the "blow" and causes knockdown.
- Flicker Jab should be able to be held to extend duration, or mashed like Infinity Fire.
- Slide Upper is probably the toughest one, but I think it should either get blowback immunity, or basically rocket punch enemies TO THE MOON.

Sega designs all PA's to be used in a 3 hit combo system. Some PA's work to place you in the perfect range for a follow up with certain skills.

Now whether they did this well is not the point of my statement. The point of my statement is that you're treating the skills as individual skills with their own purposes to be used on their own, where as Sega is trying to make it so that each skill is able to be paired up to utilize a function.

Of course they failed this when it comes to making a combo a combo (Nothing is locked in or moves having pre-requisite casts, leading to Shunka spammers for lyfe)

TaigaUC
Mar 11, 2014, 08:04 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=3223
If I read it correctly, it says they meant to adjust it in a future balance fix update, but it snuck into this one by accident.

I wonder what other balance fixes are just sitting on their internal revision.

ShinMaruku
Mar 11, 2014, 08:14 PM
It's good to see they have some fixes in rotation and they don't run into a Shimabori situation.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 11, 2014, 08:26 PM
we can cancel Flash Thousand using the dodge right?

MetalDude
Mar 11, 2014, 08:38 PM
Any Knuckle PA can be canceled with the dodge. Same goes for Twin Daggers.

otaku998
Mar 11, 2014, 08:51 PM
If only they do something more than just power adjust for the PAs...like turning Over End into one single slash instead of the 3 mega slow hits.

gigawuts
Mar 11, 2014, 08:54 PM

I agree with most of this, I just want to shamelessly plug an old idea:

Add Lunging to the game, step + PA button, like step attack is step + normal attack button.

Costs 10-20 PP, decent distance (let's say guilty break), even make it recycle animations! Use existing PAs! Guilty break for swords, assault buster for partisans, etc.etc. There's no need to add any new content or animations at all, just give us a new button combo and melee will be improving already.

Kondibon
Mar 11, 2014, 08:57 PM

Add Lunging to the game, step + PA button, like step attack is step + normal attack button.

Costs 10-20 PP, decent distance (let's say guilty break), even make it recycle animations! Use existing PAs! Guilty break for swords, assault buster for partisans, etc.etc. There's no need to add any new content or animations at all, just give us a new button combo and melee will be improving already.
This is a quality idea, I like this idea, along with sprinting. I think 10 pp would be fine if it doesn't do more damage than a normal hit or something.

DoubleZero
Mar 11, 2014, 09:33 PM

I would be on board with this idea as well.

Knuckles would use Straight Charge obviously, but I'm torn between Double Saber using Tornado Dance, or the dunk from Surprise Dunk for a more 'pounce'-like attack. Twin Daggers could use Symphonic Drive's(?) flying kick to cover the distance. Wired Lance could very easily use Grapple Charge, but a single Air Pocket Swing forward might cover the distance quicker, which would probably be better.

If it were up to me though... I'd have Sword's lunge attack be a leaping slash like a faster Grand Crusher from PSP2. Now that's a move with some real oomph to it!

jiasu73
Mar 11, 2014, 11:03 PM
Hey guys the official site just gave a little notice about the flash thousand buff

http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=3223

[SPOILER-BOX]ナックルのフォトンアーツ「フラッシュサウザンド」の威力が上昇しているとのご報告をいただい ております。
調査の結果、フォトンアーツ「フラッシュサウザンド」のLv.16のみ威力が上昇している現象を確認いたし ました。
こちらにつきましては、今後更新を予定していたバランス調整の内容が誤って反映されてしまったものとなりま す。
検討した結果、現状の威力でバランス上も問題ないことが確認されたため、修正を行わず仕様とさせていただき ます。
なお、Lv.15以下の威力については、変更はございません。
皆様にはご迷惑をおかけいたしましたことをお詫び申し上げます。[/SPOILER-BOX]

In summary this change was done by accident but they decided to let the buff stay for the sake of seeing if there will be no problems with game balance if they let it stay that way. They won't be adjusting leveling 15 and under versions of the PA as well.

UnLucky
Mar 11, 2014, 11:11 PM
Oh man, that was supposed to be for lv17?

This changes nothing.

Naizuya Tatzubani
Mar 12, 2014, 12:58 AM
Yes. Yes and Yes

This Br/Fi is cheering this mistake and calling it a blessing :D