PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Coming back from a year long hiatus

ShilohSham
Mar 11, 2014, 12:52 PM
Anyhow, beside dewman's and braver and the ton of outfits and other lookie loo things that are out now....

have I missed anything major? could anyone like sum up in short footnotes what the past year has been?

Zorafim
Mar 11, 2014, 12:55 PM
Nothing major. Just minor things, like you've mentioned. I think everyone is doing advanced quests and extreme quests now, and hoping for 11*s from the Tower Defense EQ.
I suppose I should mention that right now, Bravers and Gunners are much stronger than everyone else. Give it some time and the situation will reverse.

pkemr4
Mar 11, 2014, 01:02 PM
your taking back ASCII?

Ezodagrom
Mar 11, 2014, 01:09 PM
Anyhow, beside dewman's and braver and the ton of outfits and other lookie loo things that are out now....

have I missed anything major? could anyone like sum up in short footnotes what the past year has been?
- Coast, Quarry and Seabed areas.
- Super Hard mode (requires lvl 50, no client order needed to unlock).
- Mine Base Defense emergency quest, it has higher chances of dropping 11* weapons that drop from Dark Falz Elder, plus a few new ones.
- Adjustments to exp requirements to level up for lvl 46~65 (now less exp is required to lvl up than before).
- A bunch of new PAs/techs.
- Super Hard Advance Quests (only forest, caves and desert so far, tundra, tunnels and skyland AQs will get SH mode in a few weeks).
- Floor 51 ~ 60 for the Tundra Extreme Quest (introducing a bunch of new spellstone 11*s, also the 11* weapons that drop from this XQ became easier to find).
- 11* trading passes, now it's possible to buy/sell 11* weapons in player shops, though to buy one, it's required to trade an 11* weapon for a trading pass (this requires premium).
- A bunch of new story chapters, up to Matterboard 15/Episode 2 Chapter 4 now.
EDIT: Completely forgot to mention crafting...

HIT0SHI
Mar 11, 2014, 01:17 PM
Here's some bullet points that I can re-call in the past year:
[SPOILER-BOX]>Braver Class.

>Braver Class is now OP.

>Gunner Class is now OP.

>Lots of AC scratches such as clothes and accessories (and one collaboration of "Fate". In March 26 it will be Attack on Titan iirc).

>Multiple Team rooms.

>Super Hard Difficulty (requirement of lv50).

>1 Super Hard Time Attack Client Order from Klotho.

>Super Hard Advanced Quests.

>New weapons (7* -> 11*).

>11* Weapon passes (to buy from player shops).

>Craft for Weapons and Units (make weak weapons stronger with a universal base stats depending on rarity).

>Lowered EXP to lv up.

>More Story stuff.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Feel free to add on this list if i'd missed something!

ShilohSham
Mar 11, 2014, 01:32 PM
Dumb question I'm going on a Limb and say hunter is still best subclass for DPS in most cases?

I do recall before I left that Ra/Hu was stupid strong and I myself with a crappy gunslash was able to pull of high numbers with ez

HIT0SHI
Mar 11, 2014, 01:36 PM
Yes it is still is. Most of the OP'ness comes with Hunter being subbed.

Zorafim
Mar 11, 2014, 03:01 PM
Hunter's one of the worst mains, but by far the best sub. There's no comparing to it.

ShilohSham
Mar 11, 2014, 05:52 PM
your taking back ASCII?

huh wait what?

Dnd
Mar 11, 2014, 06:35 PM
Hunter's one of the worst mains, but by far the best sub. There's no comparing to it.

Worst as in 'Cant do 60k damage per second with PA's' But it ain't precisely unusable by any stretch of the imagination and depending on your weapons, its really, really powerful imo.....

Also, grinding weapons became extremely easier compared to this time a year ago (12*s excluded, but that probably doesn't even matter) which was missed, in addition to expanding slots when affixing got somewhat easier ( 2 -> 3 slots is 85% base now, instead of 70%)

ShilohSham
Mar 11, 2014, 06:51 PM
I'm guessing that ship 10 is dead at this point, I based this on 2 days worth of play

but it seems like MPA are dead and most Adv quest/Ex quest aren't open

unless there a new way to gain Exp that I don't know about?

otaku998
Mar 11, 2014, 09:02 PM
People either do EQ, SH/VH AQ or TD nowadays. Ship 10 is still fully alive and well for sure, just MPA is pretty dead.

FacelessRed
Mar 11, 2014, 09:12 PM
With the current SHAQ's release MPA just kicked the bucket again. MPA's were roaring (at least on ship01) with Atrocious Ocean Limited quest, but it's gone now. XQ's and SHAQ's are taking the top spot. everyone wants to deck out in 11*

-

Also, Hunter is not "one the worse mains" It's just not a face-roll class. It still dishes out very high DPS, but you actually have to be good at the game to do it.

ShilohSham
Mar 11, 2014, 10:56 PM
People either do EQ, SH/VH AQ or TD nowadays. Ship 10 is still fully alive and well for sure, just MPA is pretty dead.

Ah ok, yea when I took the break last year the Ex dragon had just came out so Adv quest had just began to roll out.

Is there a Block were English players tend to Hang out?

I would like to play with all my old people but I think the team legion is dead and if memory seaver me right I did leave on a sour note with them lol

Ratazana
Mar 12, 2014, 12:45 AM
Worst as in 'Cant do 60k damage per second with PA's' But it ain't precisely unusable by any stretch of the imagination and depending on your weapons, its really, really powerful imo.....

Hunter is not "one the worse mains" It's just not a face-roll class. It still dishes out very high DPS, but you actually have to be good at the game to do it.

I agree. People saying that main hunter sucks are fucking clueless. Actually, a well equiped hu/ is better than a br/.

Zipzo
Mar 12, 2014, 03:34 AM
I agree. People saying that main hunter sucks are fucking clueless. Actually, a well equiped hu/ is better than a br/.

Using which weapons/PAs...?

Ratazana
Mar 12, 2014, 03:41 AM
All class katana.

Kondibon
Mar 12, 2014, 04:05 AM
All class katana.
http://staticclub.caradisiac.com/1/moto-scooter-quad/photos/photo/162975162/376239480c/photos-funny-that-point-img.jpg

Natsuma
Mar 12, 2014, 08:42 AM
All class katana.

Could you please elaborate?
I'm HU/BR and I don't get how an All-Class katana would make me more powerful than a Bio Sword :-)

gigawuts
Mar 12, 2014, 08:47 AM
Swords are clunky, slow, and lacking in cancel frames. They lack precision, and come from an era where bosses were slower and nothing was much faster. In fact, a decked out sword with full gear would be one of your fastest, heaviest hitting weapons in a lot of situations. Play smart and you could do more than WL or partisan users in nearly every situation.

That time is long gone, however. Bosses are faster and more frantic. They get up from their downed animations faster, they attack multiple times before you can even hope to cancel most of sword's PAs, and alternatives are faster, more precise, have longer range, and can cancel on a whim.

Sword can be used effectively, sure. You can also build a raft out of egg cartons. That doesn't make it better than the alternatives.

All of that said: A hunter main will have better HP than every other class, and better satk than a braver main plus a rare mastery that grants +30 satk for 1 sp.

Natsuma
Mar 12, 2014, 08:56 AM
Swords are clunky, slow, and lacking in cancel frames. They lack precision, and come from an era where bosses were slower and nothing was much faster. In fact, a decked out sword with full gear would be one of your fastest, heaviest hitting weapons in a lot of situations. Play smart and you could do more than WL or partisan users in nearly every situation.

That time is long gone, however. Bosses are faster and more frantic. They get up from their downed animations faster, they attack multiple times before you can even hope to cancel most of sword's PAs, and alternatives are faster, more precise, have longer range, and can cancel on a whim.

Sword can be used effectively, sure. You can also build a raft out of egg cartons. That doesn't make it better than the alternatives.

All of that said: A hunter main will have better HP than every other class, and better satk than a braver main plus a rare mastery that grants +30 satk for 1 sp.

Thanks for your quick reply!
I was aware of the fact that Braver was way better, but I've been playing with Swords since the beta, I love the gameplay and I'm used to it :-)

Which is also why I never really got interested in subclasses and its possibilities: so can I use Braver's PAs with an All-class katana as a main HU?

And this will most likely be my last question. Sorry for the off-topic :-)

deahamlet
Mar 12, 2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks for your quick reply!
I was aware of the fact that Braver was way better, but I've been playing with Swords since the beta, I love the gameplay and I'm used to it :-)

Which is also why I never really got interested in subclasses and its possibilities: so can I use Braver's PAs with an All-class katana as a main HU?

And this will most likely be my last question. Sorry for the off-topic :-)

Yes, all PAs for your subclass are available to you. There's a few top hu/br katanas now... Susano and two 11*s. There is also Agito which is fairly weak, but ahmmm... looks cool? Also Sange is all-class but it's like a myth, lol.

Daiyousei
Mar 12, 2014, 10:28 AM
I still use a sword because guilty break -> rising edge -> gravity fall and I just love blocking with it. Don't judge me I'm a combat aestheticist not a pragmatist.

Zorafim
Mar 12, 2014, 03:51 PM

All class katana.

:nono:

Gardios
Mar 12, 2014, 03:54 PM
I swear, in half of the discussions here I can never be sure if people are genuinely serious or joking.

Skyly
Mar 12, 2014, 04:00 PM
I'm coming back as well. Haven't played since October 2013. All I really did was catch up on my Matter Board and did COs to unlock stuff I could play later. Had fun though with EQs

Dnd
Mar 12, 2014, 04:06 PM
All class katana.

Thats depressingly true

My hunter runs around with a Falclaw, Twin kamui and bio double saber. Mostly because of the extra HP hu has over fi (when you survive hits with under 50hp left, you know it makes a difference :P) and well, the damage it can do is crazy lol.

BIG OLAF
Mar 12, 2014, 04:07 PM
I swear, in half of the discussions here I can never be sure if people are genuinely serious or joking.

Scary, innit?

Zipzo
Mar 12, 2014, 07:16 PM
:nono:

Trust me, I felt the same way.

Kondibon
Mar 12, 2014, 07:20 PM
Trust me, I felt the same way.Well it's not like Ratazana is wrong... Giga already summed up why.

Zipzo
Mar 12, 2014, 07:20 PM
Well it's not like Ratazana is wrong... Giga already summed up why.

I think you can understand though why some would think that it "doesn't count".

Kondibon
Mar 12, 2014, 07:26 PM
I think you can understand though why some would think that it "doesn't count".Yeah I know, hence the macro I posted. I do, however, think the lack of hp and s-def might be partly why so many dumbass bravers end up getting roflstomped, while mindlessly spamming shunka.

Ratazana
Mar 13, 2014, 12:05 AM
I think you can understand though why some would think that it "doesn't count".

Why it doesn't count? As a hu/br it still has access to hunter weapons. Katana would be strongest but nothing is stopping you from using wl/swords/partizans. Also better stats as people already mentioned.

Zorafim
Mar 13, 2014, 12:18 AM
It's like saying ninjas are as good as knights because they can both hold a rifle.
Yeah, it's true. But, the argument just got boring.

Zipzo
Mar 13, 2014, 04:30 AM
Why it doesn't count? As a hu/br it still has access to hunter weapons. Katana would be strongest but nothing is stopping you from using wl/swords/partizans. Also better stats as people already mentioned.

Because a Katana is not a hunter weapon. That means any sort of effectiveness you reap from using it is majorly due to the fact it's a katana (or duh, that you're subbing braver) not that you're playing Hunter.

It's sort of like saying Hunter is a great class simply because it's a great sub. Sure, technically it's a great class to have leveled...but it has nothing to do with actually playing as a hunter specifically, thus, it does not speak to the hunters strengths as a main.

Improvements to your durability and health pool are negligible on a player who rarely gets hit.

Toutin' Bravers' main weapon in all-class form doesn't speak to the strengths of the hunter, if anything it still speaks more to the power of Braver because you still have to have it as a sub to use the PAs. It's a misnomer.

Kondibon
Mar 13, 2014, 04:36 AM
Toutin' Bravers' main weapon in all-class form doesn't speak to the strengths of the hunter, if anything it still speaks more to the power of Braver because you still have to have it as a sub to use the PAs. It's a misnomer.I find this more agreeable.

Ratazana
Mar 13, 2014, 05:15 AM
It's sort of like saying Hunter is a great class simply because it's a great sub. Sure, technically it's a great class to have leveled...but it has nothing to do with actually playing as a hunter specifically, thus, it does not speak to the hunters strengths as a main.

Playing as a hunter specifically? You CAN play a hu/br like any other hunter without using the katana at all. It will be weaker than hu/fi but if you do use katana hu/ > br/

Besides, if you use weak stance the dmg will be pretty much the same as if you sub fighter.

Zipzo
Mar 13, 2014, 06:53 AM
Playing as a hunter specifically? You CAN play a hu/br like any other hunter without using the katana at all. It will be weaker than hu/fi but if you do use katana hu/ > br/

Besides, if you use weak stance the dmg will be pretty much the same as if you sub fighter.

You can, but why would you unless you planned on using a Katana? The fact it will be weaker than HU/FI is precisely the point. You only sub Braver to hunter to...

A. Have more health, and use a Katana
B. Use a Katana
C. You need to level your Hunter sub because it isn't capped (you most likely end up using mostly katana)

Tell me which of these 3 things is possible without a Katana or having braver somewhere?

ChocoboRRR
Mar 13, 2014, 07:21 AM
It's funny people priced Susanoo so high for just leveling Hunter, but the required 420 T-Def to wear.

Also this patch update make Hu/Br outdated cause of superior katana weapon for braver exclusive and a new SH AQ stone trade partizan that you not going use more than certain part of TA, which you can already one shot them with weaker partizan(Amun Tum on SH Sanctum flying mobs with just item shifta boost and campship shifta drink).

Ratazana
Mar 13, 2014, 07:31 AM
Maybe that's the only reason you would roll hu/br. Here are the reasons someone might want to use it:

A. Wants to use mainly hunter weapons and a bit of katana/bow.
B. Would rather use average/weak stance instead of brave/wise.
C. Want to have katana combat/escape available as a back up plan.

Zipzo
Mar 13, 2014, 07:42 AM
Maybe that's the only reason you would roll hu/br. Here are the reasons someone might want to use it:

A. Wants to use mainly hunter weapons and a bit of katana/bow.
B. Would rather use average/weak stance instead of brave/wise.
C. Want to have katana combat/escape available as a back up plan.

A. This isn't a strong argument for Hunter being a good main.
B. This also isn't a good argument for Hunter being a good main because it's outclassed by Brave/Wise.
C. This requires a Katana...

This started because you said Hunter was SUPER good as a main, and have yet to provide reasoning beyond two preferential reasons, and one that requires a Katana (which speaks more to my point than yours).

What does Hunter provide as a class while maining it that makes HUNTER a notably good main? Hp aside...

UnLucky
Mar 13, 2014, 07:50 AM
Well equipped Hunter is the best class in the game.

You can use good all-class knuckles, daggers, doublesabers, and katana!

Ratazana
Mar 13, 2014, 08:37 AM
A. This isn't a strong argument for Hunter being a good main.
B. This also isn't a good argument for Hunter being a good main because it's outclassed by Brave/Wise.
C. This requires a Katana...

This started because you said Hunter was SUPER good as a main, and have yet to provide reasoning beyond two preferential reasons, and one that requires a Katana (which speaks more to my point than yours).

What does Hunter provide as a class while maining it that makes HUNTER a notably good main? Hp aside...

I don't even know what point your are trying to make. Hu/ > Br/ was a simple statement, still don't know why you think it "doesn't matter".

Yeah, it's only "better" when you use a katana! But even without a katana AS a main weapon it's still pretty good. Average/Weak is outclassed by Braver/Wise but the difference is negligible really and braver stances are easier to use.

Z-0
Mar 13, 2014, 12:40 PM
HuBr is better than BrHu because you get access to Geki.

Considering there will be an allclass XQ Katana soon, HuBr will probably still be king.

Daiyousei
Mar 13, 2014, 12:51 PM
I had a falz where falz got completely wrecked by mostly hu mains though I didn't see any katanas, there were 2 arms left from overdamage. There was no weak bullet either.

HU best main indeed.

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2014, 12:56 PM
As I said, HU's shortcomings are a result of old PAs that were already fairly mediocre when enemies were slower. Even if you have millisecond reaction time, most of HU's power moves have animations you can't cancel quickly, so you're left with the fastest PAs the class has and PAs you can cancel. Wild Round/Cerberus Dance, many partisan PAs, moves like Guilty Break and Ride Slasher...even these aren't as precise and easy to pursue targets with as braver's moves, where you can basically push two buttons to win the game.

Against elder falz, with his 9 hour tells with animations that literally cover your entire screen, HU does great because it's such a controlled, predictable, well known environment. None of the class's shortcomings are really that glaring.

Against something like snow banther & banshee with galfs though, f'in forget it. Way too much of a hassle for rewards other classes get without breaking much of a sweat at all.

Daiyousei
Mar 13, 2014, 01:05 PM
When leveling HU I quite enjoyed being the distraction with the cats, banther even managed to break a paw on my guard. Until of course I had to revive everyone's ass when banther realizes it can't hurt me and decides to pick off others. Coast LQ was one of the quests I had to telepipe back to restock on moons. Then again I had no choice with b20 doing LQ in other blocks.

Skyly
Mar 13, 2014, 02:57 PM
Just coming back since leaving in Oct 13' and I played Hu/Fi. Should I switch to Hu/Br to keep up with the times or what?

Zorafim
Mar 13, 2014, 04:09 PM
Because a Katana is not a hunter weapon. That means any sort of effectiveness you reap from using it is majorly due to the fact it's a katana (or duh, that you're subbing braver) not that you're playing Hunter.

Improvements to your durability and health pool are negligible on a player who rarely gets hit.

Toutin' Bravers' main weapon in all-class form doesn't speak to the strengths of the hunter, if anything it still speaks more to the power of Braver because you still have to have it as a sub to use the PAs. It's a misnomer.

I can't believe this needs saying. And the message still hasn't been expressed clearly?

Well equipped Hunter is the best class in the game.

You can use good all-class knuckles, daggers, doublesabers, and katana!

I don't know why I'm quoting this. For truth, I suppose.

Just coming back since leaving in Oct 13' and I played Hu/Fi. Should I switch to Hu/Br to keep up with the times or what?

Honestly, the game's so easy you can do whatever. Just level what you feel like leveling, and by the time you get to a decent level, you should know the strengths and weaknesses of the class fairly well.
So long as you follow our build guide, since there are quite a few beginner's traps on these skill trees.

Zipzo
Mar 13, 2014, 07:17 PM
I don't even know what point your are trying to make. Hu/ > Br/ was a simple statement, still don't know why you think it "doesn't matter".

Yeah, it's only "better" when you use a katana! But even without a katana AS a main weapon it's still pretty good. Average/Weak is outclassed by Braver/Wise but the difference is negligible really and braver stances are easier to use.

Yes, and I asked you specifically in what way...how it is better than a Br/Hu, and your answer was using an all-class Katana.

Hunter doesn't rock using an all class Katana. Braver rocks using Hunter as a main with a Katana.

I've spent some time as a 65 HU/65 BR attempting to not use Katanas, and it's very underwhelming. The damage is relatively under par, and it's difficult to feel like you're contributing with most of the Sword/WL/Part PAs. As Giga said a lot of the PAs are too little, too late (in terms of cast time).

I had a falz where falz got completely wrecked by mostly hu mains though I didn't see any katanas, there were 2 arms left from overdamage. There was no weak bullet either.

HU best main indeed.

Such Anecdote.

Essentially...I would really like to be informed (by anyone, using anything other than anecdotes like these), how the Hunter unique weapons and play style can be utilized to be a strong class.

To be frank, how do you use a Sword, WL, and Partizan to be competitive with the other current "OP" classes. Instead of just continuing to say "Hunter is good", I'm trying to ask how, because if there is way I'm curious of it, because I do play hunter on the occasion I need to cap it or I'm bored enough.

UnLucky
Mar 13, 2014, 07:36 PM
Assault Buster and Slide End

Ratazana
Mar 13, 2014, 07:37 PM
Yes, and I asked you specifically in what way...how it is better than a Br/Hu, and your answer was using an all-class Katana.

Hunter doesn't rock using an all class Katana. Braver rocks using Hunter as a main with a Katana.

Hunter main (with braver sub) rocks IF you use a katana. Are you saying it doesn't matter because it's weaker if you dont use a katana?

Hunter best traits are the skill tree/stats, not "unique" weapons.

Kondibon
Mar 13, 2014, 07:42 PM
Hunter main (with braver sub) rocks IF you use a katana. Are you saying it doesn't matter because it's weaker if you dont use a katana?

Hunter best traits are the skill tree/stats, not "unique" weapons.I think the confusion here is coming from you specifically talking about HU/BR vs BR/HU, while Zipzo is talking about Hunter on it's own.

UnLucky
Mar 13, 2014, 07:48 PM
Yeah, Hu/ sucks, even with a katana since it doesn't get katana PAs without /Br

Like Susano is shit as Hu/Fi, so it's not the Hunter that's any good.

Ratazana
Mar 13, 2014, 08:02 PM
I think the confusion here is coming from you specifically talking about HU/BR vs BR/HU, while Zipzo is talking about Hunter on it's own.

That's funny because to me it looks like Zipzo is the one being over specific about the issue with his "it doesn't matter because it doesn't fit my definition of how a hunter should play" thingy.

Shadowth117
Mar 13, 2014, 08:02 PM
I think the confusion here is coming from you specifically talking about HU/BR vs BR/HU, while Zipzo is talking about Hunter on it's own.

This ^

Dnd
Mar 13, 2014, 08:25 PM
To be frank, how do you use a Sword, WL, and Partizan to be competitive with the other current "OP" classes. Instead of just continuing to say "Hunter is good", I'm trying to ask how, because if there is way I'm curious of it, because I do play hunter on the occasion I need to cap it or I'm bored enough.

While its rather niche, my lv3 latent/50 fire falclaw + otherspin absolutely shreds entire spawns of mobs in 2-3 seconds in a lv70 SH forest, and i imagine city AQ. Doing den EQ with it recently was utterly amusing considering how everything just died so quick.

Its doing ~17k damage per PA in a huge AoE while bunching up everything, double on weak-spots or cores. while its niche (Cus falclaws are terrible and it feels like I should be shot for using one around here), its probably just as quick or better then a katana on 10-15+ mobs that I've seen

Kondibon
Mar 13, 2014, 08:37 PM
While its rather niche, my lv3 latent/50 fire falclaw + otherspin absolutely shreds entire spawns of mobs in 2-3 seconds in a lv70 SH forest, and i imagine city AQ. Doing den EQ with it recently was utterly amusing considering how everything just died so quick.

Its doing ~17k damage per PA in a huge AoE while bunching up everything, double on weak-spots or cores. while its niche (Cus falclaws are terrible and it feels like I should be shot for using one around here), its probably just as quick or better then a katana on 10-15+ mobs that I've seenHonestly. I don't think hunter is as bad as people say, it just has some of the same problems as Force. It's good at mobbing, but slow and not very good at bursting down bosses. Meanwhile gunner and braver, the two best single target boss killing classes, both have good mobbing potential as well, even more so with that new mech gun PA.

Basically, I don't think hunter is bad, it just can't keep up.

FacelessRed
Mar 13, 2014, 08:53 PM
Honestly. I don't think hunter is as bad as people say, it just has some of the same problems as Force. It's good at mobbing, but slow and not very good at bursting down bosses. Meanwhile gunner and braver, the two best single target boss killing classes, both have good mobbing potential as well, even more so with that new mech gun PA.

Basically, I don't think hunter is bad, it just can't keep up.

I blame the gear mostly. can easily hit for a good 40-60k per rising edge/nova... if you can take the 15 damn seconds to chug your gear slowly up to max. Same thing applies to other Sword PA's too. the gear increases the damage greatly, t he gear takes longer to build than it does to kill the damn boss.

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2014, 09:00 PM
When leveling HU I quite enjoyed being the distraction with the cats, banther even managed to break a paw on my guard. Until of course I had to revive everyone's ass when banther realizes it can't hurt me and decides to pick off others. Coast LQ was one of the quests I had to telepipe back to restock on moons. Then again I had no choice with b20 doing LQ in other blocks.

The banther didn't realize it can't hurt you, someone else pulled aggro because they did more damage.

I've killed three charging quartz dragons with just guard on their nose, broken countless parts, and killed plenty of other things (they don't get specific mentions since they aren't as amusing as quartz dragons charging and falling over dead). I've played the class fairly extensively - not recently, but not enough has changed for me to think it can top out over 20 seconds of invulnerability followed by a 6 digit AOE hit plus shunka, or gunner being...gunner.

The class is too focused on long term rewards such as building gear with damage or twirling, when right now other classes have short term rewards that are just as powerful, if not more powerful - some not even requiring charging in the first place.

edit: If I had my way, a few tweaks would include Sword Gear charging with damage taken and getting a nice bump from just guarding, Partisan Gear being instacharged again with JA after a twirl (plus the twirl being faster with >0 gear bars), and wired lance gear changing completely. Maybe a permanent, passive 30% damage buff? I dunno. The skilltree is a whole different mess, and PAs need lots of tweaks and bugfixes. Lots of wired lance PAs still stop dealing damage if your grapple target dies, while others still work just fine. It's ridiculous that this mess has been in since launch.

Zorafim
Mar 13, 2014, 09:46 PM
I killed quartz in my boss kill video by twirl evading his charge. Second best part of the video.

That's funny because to me it looks like Zipzo is the one being over specific about the issue with his "it doesn't matter because it doesn't fit my definition of how a hunter should play" thingy.

You said that anyone who thought hunter was bad was an idiot. When asked how to be a good hunter, you said be a braver.
This has been the entire conversation the last few pages.

Zorafim
Mar 13, 2014, 10:15 PM
While I'm here, I want to mention crafting. Right now, it's possible to, with little effort, make any weapon roughly as strong as a 10* in terms of attack power. Your average power is actually 15% lower than advertised, but it's still an easy way to get cheap strong weapons. This should be great for anyone under lv...40? 50?
If you already have a decent 10*, it's pointless. But you could basically be SHard equipped at lv20.

Zipzo
Mar 13, 2014, 10:18 PM

The Katana is not a Hunter weapon.

Saying HU/BR is better than BR/HU is not the same as saying that rolling Hunter main kicks any ass.

Sure, rolling Hunter main rocks...if you want to use a Katana. Big fat if there, since not everyone wants to be a Braver or a Braver-in-disguise.

The hunter needs to be improved as a stand-alone class, instead of needing to rely on other classes in order to be an acceptable main.

I definitely don't think Hunter sucks in its current state, it's quite acceptable, but in the face of spawns being cleared as fast as they are by Gunners and Bravers one may find themselves struggling to (as Kondibon put it) keep up.

Ratazana
Mar 13, 2014, 10:18 PM
Clueless was the term I used. I didn't say to be a braver but to sub braver (if you want to have the best hunter).

Hu/Br is as much as a Hunter as Hu/Fi. It can use the same Hunter weapons and play the same way if you wish, it won't be the best though. HuBr is the best hunter only if you use katana.

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2014, 10:28 PM
There's beating a dead horse, and then there's beating it with your bat so hard that you carve directly through the horse and are just beating the ground underneath it.

You are beating the ground.

UnLucky
Mar 13, 2014, 10:30 PM
So pretty much Hunter sucks, but Braver sub rules. C/D?

gigawuts
Mar 13, 2014, 10:34 PM
Confirm.

I for one welcome our new new gu/br overlords

UnLucky
Mar 13, 2014, 10:39 PM
But only if you use a katana

Zipzo
Mar 13, 2014, 10:40 PM
Clueless was the term I used. I didn't say to be a braver but to sub braver (if you want to have the best hunter).

Hu/Br is as much as a Hunter as Hu/Fi. It can use the same Hunter weapons and play the same way if you wish, it won't be the best though. HuBr is the best hunter only if you use katana.

"It won't be the best though", is a far cry from what you started this conversation with, which was "People saying that main hunter sucks are fucking clueless. Actually, a well equiped hu/ is better than a br/.".

Your 2nd statement is literally false. Now, when you started to curb the conversation in to actually meaning to say that you thought Hu/Br is better than Br/Hu...well sure. Everybody already knows that, but why is it better? Simply because of Susano.

This means that Hunter is a sub-par main and a great sub, and Braver is a great class, whether main or sub.

UnLucky
Mar 13, 2014, 10:45 PM
Nah, pretty sure it is literally true.

a well equipped (Susano) hu/(br) is better than a br/(hu)

Just like how a well equipped Techer isn't shit (Elysion+Sazan16)

Zorafim
Mar 14, 2014, 01:49 PM
But only if you use a katana

Sroll Shunka