PDA

View Full Version : in regards to the current eng patch

The Knowing
Mar 12, 2014, 01:24 AM
its still listed as mar 6th

will this still be compatible with todays update or no?

quick replies make u awesome

Chdata
Mar 12, 2014, 01:25 AM
just read the thread the patch is actually hosted in each update

The Knowing
Mar 12, 2014, 01:26 AM
no i know that, but does this count as a content update, seeing as how its not a run of the mill maint?

Chdata
Mar 12, 2014, 01:27 AM
They are adding content (bingo rewards). The thread will always tell you what date the patch is compatible with though.

The Knowing
Mar 12, 2014, 01:27 AM
so the patch is not current and should therefore not be downloaded.

Daiyousei
Mar 12, 2014, 01:28 AM
It might still work, but to avoid complications, best to use the updated one when it comes.

Chdata
Mar 12, 2014, 01:30 AM
I usually check the patch again once the servers are online again or in like 30 minutes, they're usually quick about it.

Chdata
Mar 12, 2014, 01:33 AM
Tweaker's had a history of making me have to reinstall the game to fix patches 3 times so I do that manually now and only use it for the item translation thing and sometimes removing the intro vids.

The Knowing
Mar 12, 2014, 01:33 AM
From the Tweaker sidebar:

?????????

i know aida, but that has a tendency to be wrong during an update :P

also last week tweaker broke the game with the eng patch.

*will take God's word that it works*

[SPOILER-BOX]AIDA is God.[/SPOILER-BOX]

The Knowing
Mar 12, 2014, 01:37 AM
Re-install the game to fix patches? You shouldn't ever have to do that, just do a filecheck with either the Tweaker or the vanilla launcher.

If I'm not sure the patch is going to work after an update, I'll change it to Unknown, then change it to compatible when it works. I'm literally here, up and working, every maintenance :p

Last week, one of the scripts broke that was created to speed something up - It's been fixed now, though.

PRAISE HIM!!!

Chdata
Mar 12, 2014, 01:39 AM
Re-install the game to fix patches? You shouldn't ever have to do that, just do a filecheck with either the Tweaker or the vanilla launcher.

That has never helped, and is why I reinstalled the game after trying that. Actually, I think one of the times I had to reinstall was after letting the filecheck mess with stuff when I was trying to fix another issue after some update. Whatever it does on my comp, has had little success for me unfortunately. The other features are still pretty nice.

Is there some sort of option to force the vanilla launcher to do a filecheck? Cause I remember at the time that it wouldn't do so automatically.

Shinamori
Mar 12, 2014, 01:42 AM
There's not content update this patch, so 99% of the time, it will work.

NexusAZ
Mar 12, 2014, 01:42 AM
PRAISE HIM!!!

PRAISE AIDA, THE MOST POWERFUL MAN AMONG MEN

UnLucky
Mar 12, 2014, 01:43 AM
That has never helped, and is why I reinstalled the game after trying that. Actually, I think one of the times I had to reinstall was after letting the filecheck mess with stuff when I was trying to fix another issue after some update. Whatever it does on my comp, has had little success for me unfortunately. Is there some sort of option to force the vanilla launcher to do a filecheck? Cause I remember at the time that it wouldn't do so automaticlally. The other features are still pretty nice.

You did a filecheck and didn't reinstall any of the patches, including item translation? It should work every time, but if not then use the official launcher's filecheck instead.

Chdata
Mar 12, 2014, 01:45 AM
'how to make official launcher do filecheck'?

The Knowing
Mar 12, 2014, 01:45 AM
That has never helped, and is why I reinstalled the game after trying that. Actually, I think one of the times I had to reinstall was after letting the filecheck mess with stuff when I was trying to fix another issue after some update. Whatever it does on my comp, has had little success for me unfortunately. The other features are still pretty nice.

Is there some sort of option to force the vanilla launcher to do a filecheck? Cause I remember at the time that it wouldn't do so automatically.

do both file check things, and make sure all patches are uninstalled

NexusAZ
Mar 12, 2014, 01:47 AM
'how to make official launcher do filecheck'?

Third option in the launcher

Chdata
Mar 12, 2014, 01:48 AM
Edit: Thanks

Note: These reinstall issues happened before the item translation existed. I started avoiding Tweaker for the most part like a year ago.

NexusAZ
Mar 12, 2014, 01:57 AM
Edit: Thanks

Note: These reinstall issues happened before the item translation existed. I started avoiding Tweaker for the most part like a year ago.

I have to use the Twerker because AIDA threatens to kick me from the team if I don't.

UnLucky
Mar 12, 2014, 02:02 AM
Third option in the launcher

Should look like [ファイルチェック]

Dephinix
Mar 12, 2014, 02:22 AM
The only time file check REALLY messed up was when SEGA did those stupid TAs like Nab II, Sanctum, and Amdu, with their stupid Brigatta, Melitta, or whoever, constantly appearing and saying useless garbage. After SEGA fixed that, file check has apparently been flawless. Yay coding. Had a team member who apparently avoided the whole situation until three weeks ago run the file check and now TAs are just fine. But yeah, point being, file check basically restores things to my understanding. If SEGA/c bonked it first, no worky. It's not wrong expecting a hiccup here and there though. Thanks Tweaker team~