PDA

View Full Version : Ships showing "Maintenance" status despite no maintenance

Maximum Burst
Mar 14, 2014, 12:31 AM
I was logged in and changing blocks about an hour ago, and I got disconnected during that load screen with error 630. Then when I tried to log back in, all of the ships were showing that they were under maintenance. That has happened to me before, and usually it would fix itself within a minute or so, but this time, the problem still persists. Has anyone encountered this problem or have any clues as to what the problem could be? I mean, to be disconnected in the middle of changing blocks, I can't imagine that it would be something related to my firewall or network settings. I don't think I'm banned since I'm not getting an error saying so.

Kondibon
Mar 14, 2014, 12:38 AM
Try doing a file check. I believe that happens if you manage to get the game started with outdated files.

TaigaUC
Mar 14, 2014, 01:39 AM
The server list sometimes says maintenance for me, and then I log in anyway.
If you actually can't log in, it might be a firewall problem.
Try turning all of them off and see if it still happens.

Random disconnections happen sometimes, but if you're getting them frequently then something is probably wrong.

Husq
Mar 14, 2014, 02:46 AM
If you use any kind of IP blocker, it might causes this issue as well. Recently some of Sega IP ranges have been included into some list found on i-blockist. Just make sure 210.129.209.1-210.129.209.255 (210.129.209.136 might actually be the last address, needs confirmation) are accessible from your machine.

Maximum Burst
Mar 14, 2014, 06:43 AM
Here are some things I tried:

1. Disabled anti-virus software - Didn't work
2. Disabled Windows Firewall - Didn't work
3. Was able to successfully log in to PSO2 on a different computer, so it couldn't be my router or ISP
4. I uninstalled and reinstalled PSO2

After reading Husq's post, the one thing that popped into my mind was disabling PeerBlock, and it worked! I don't know why PeerBlock would have added some sort of exception itself in the middle of playing, but it's something I'll have to look into later. I was about to go crazy. Thank you, Husq.

Husq
Mar 14, 2014, 12:03 PM
After reading Husq's post, the one thing that popped into my mind was disabling PeerBlock, and it worked! I don't know why PeerBlock would have added some sort of exception itself in the middle of playing, but it's something I'll have to look into later. I was about to go crazy. Thank you, Husq.

It is not peerblock's fault, but rather the list source it use, which is i-blockist. The easiest way is to open up the "list manager" and mark permallow.p2b and click on view. Inside there add the range listed in my previous post and save. After that, peerblock should regenerate the blocking list, exempting this specific IP range.
Other people who having similar issues and uses an IP blocker, like peerblock or something similar, should check their blocking list, and exempt the range required for pso2.