PDA

View Full Version : New CLUB SEGA building at Akihabara

Manta Oyamada
Mar 16, 2014, 12:20 AM
PSO2 fans will finally have the chance to meet Satoshi Sakai in person on their planned SEGA-CON at the new CLUB SEGA building at Akihabara, Tokyo Japan.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/image/element/info20140314/dx01.jpg

Date: March 20, 2014
Time: 10:00 ~ 19:00 (GMT+9)
Venue: CLUB SEGA new building
Address: Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 1-11-11 Soto-kanda Building
Presents: PSO2 Clear Cards + PSO2 Clear File Folder

NOTE: You must bring a copy of the PSO2 EP2 Deluxe Package, an invoice receipt as proof of purchase in order to attain the presents to be given by Sakai himself.

The receipt will be considered as your entrance on the said venue on the given date and time.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=3257

by Junko

FacelessRed
Mar 16, 2014, 09:52 AM
I wonder if anyone will want vengeance for dudu being implemented.

Zipzo
Mar 16, 2014, 10:56 AM
I'm going to be there so if you have any messages you'd like me to relay him...?

Also I don't believe that building is new as it's been there as long as I can remember or maybe I just don't frequent Akiba that much...

Lostbob117
Mar 16, 2014, 12:09 PM
Hopefully someone there tells him how shit every EQ is except like the newest ones, dark falz, and event ones.

pkemr4
Mar 16, 2014, 12:14 PM
dark falz is shit tho

Lostbob117
Mar 16, 2014, 12:14 PM
dark falz is shit tho

Potential of droping a bunch of 11*s and a 12* with a nice outcome of EXP isn't really shit.

metatime
Mar 16, 2014, 01:19 PM
I'm going to be there so if you have any messages you'd like me to relay him...?

Also I don't believe that building is new as it's been there as long as I can remember or maybe I just don't frequent Akiba that much...

Please ask about the English release? Me and everyone else waiting for the ENG release would really appreciate it!

Edson Drake
Mar 16, 2014, 01:29 PM

If you could oh please, ask him one(or both if you can) of these:

Is there any plan to buff the Force/Techer class in regards to Technique damage? Even with the new Techs, the class still is far behind compared to others, especially Bravers/Gunners.

And,

If there are any plans to release content/quests that refer to fan-favourites Phantasy Star 1/2/4? I would love to see weapons, quests and things like that.

Sanguine2009
Mar 16, 2014, 01:37 PM
falz is not shit, his drops rates most certainly are though. if you are running it for anything but exp then you are probably wasting your time

Yamishi
Mar 16, 2014, 01:51 PM

My questions are all related to international players, and that might be impolite to ask of a Japanese man running a Japanese game for Japanese players. Maybe just tell him that international players really like the game, and we appreciate all of the hard work, we're grateful we're not getting banned, et cetera.

btw-Niji
Mar 16, 2014, 02:38 PM
dark falz is shit tho
No it's not. Dark Falz EQ is great for EXP. Might be shit to you since all you do is cry about drops.

Lostbob117
Mar 16, 2014, 02:44 PM

Can you tell Saito for me that mission need more spice to them. The good missions are AQ, XQ, TD, etc. Cause they have spice to them, (AQ is borderline). Tell him that Every mission needs more spice something more to them then being boring.

Kilich
Mar 16, 2014, 06:17 PM
Zipzo, ask about exploration of the PSO2 setting. Areas to explore in ships, team, ships, planets, piloting a gunship, etc. To see the life of ARKS and other people.

Zipzo
Mar 16, 2014, 07:10 PM
Please ask about the English release? Me and everyone else waiting for the ENG release would really appreciate it!

I doubt he would be able to share this information with me even if he knew, as I'm pretty sure this matter is in SoA's hands at the moment.

If you could oh please, ask him one(or both if you can) of these:

Is there any plan to buff the Force/Techer class in regards to Technique damage? Even with the new Techs, the class still is far behind compared to others, especially Bravers/Gunners.

And,

If there are any plans to release content/quests that refer to fan-favourites Phantasy Star 1/2/4? I would love to see weapons, quests and things like that.

I'm not sure if the situation will present itself that I can have a conversation with him about game balance as I'm sure that could be a long one, but I was actually leaning more on a question akin to "How do you feel about class balance at the moment"? Something general and easy going like that, which I know is open to all sorts of vague, stupid-like answers, but I'll hope for something good.

I think I could ask if they plan to make any references to "old" Phantasy Star.

My questions are all related to international players, and that might be impolite to ask of a Japanese man running a Japanese game for Japanese players. Maybe just tell him that international players really like the game, and we appreciate all of the hard work, we're grateful we're not getting banned, et cetera.

I was actually planning on saying something similar to this but maybe not exactly like that. I was planning on saying something similar to "I play with many international players and I enjoy the cultural diversity while playing PSO2, have your feelings changed of foreign connections and do you still appreciate their dedication to the game?". That way I could get a little more expansion on the idea instead of making a statement.

In terms of interesting missions I'm hoping to avoid the inference that I feel the game is suffering, because that'd just make it awkward. It's a very in-direct form of communication here and I'm not going to put him on the spot with questions that will make him hate me within seconds of meeting me, haha. Besides, PSO2 won the recent WM award, and if anything I'll look like the idiot in the room making any kind of suggestion that the game lacks something.

Can't wait to meet the guy personally, seems like a fun dude.

So currently...

1. How do you feel about game balance as of now, it seems Gunners and Bravers are storming ahead of the pack, any plans to address this?
2. Any plans to make references to the old classic Phantasy Star games?
3. Have your feelings changed about foreign connections, and do you still appreciate the dedication that foreign players show, playing PSO2 from abroad?

...is what I'm planning to ask.

Blackheart521
Mar 16, 2014, 07:19 PM
Sounds good, make sure you let us know about his answers if you get any nice bits of info ^^;

Kiyumi
Mar 16, 2014, 07:24 PM
Sigh...of course every thread has to be hijacked by entitled little kids whining about drop rates and RNG

Anyway on topic Im upset since I arrive in Japan the week after this event ):

AzureBlaze
Mar 17, 2014, 01:40 AM
To add to the #2 question there:

OLD PSO1 COSTUMES arrrrrrgh!
Can that come up as a topic too? Why are we getting all the psp & Psu stuff and not PSO1, the thing on which this whole game was supposedly modeled? Basically the only thing I want at this point is the original HUcast & RAcast outfits & heads. Throw androids a bone, just spam in the heads & costumes. Hell, PSU got them as knockoffs first (Hounds') then as the real thing later when fans complained.

I will pay whatever money he wants for HUc suit & Kireek head that's pso1 accurate.

*Dump all the PSU cast stuff into the game too for instant ideas/done 4U content & variety

Tyreek
Mar 17, 2014, 01:50 AM
I have 2 questions that you can pitch to him.

1. Will any weapon classes from the old games be making a return? Example being: slicers, shields, lasers, twin sabers, or possibly newer weapon classes?

2. Does Sega plan to even out the weapon classes in the future? Note that there are over 8 melee weapons, 4 ranged weapons, and 3 tech weapons. Non melee classes should have some more options too.

That's all I got.

Ratazana
Mar 17, 2014, 01:54 AM
Do you guys really think someone will be able to hog sakai for 1 hour asking stupid questions? As a producer his responsabilities are mostly budget, schedule and negotiations. He probably has no idea about balance or whatever.

gaijin_punch
Mar 17, 2014, 02:33 AM
The ironic thing to me is all the "please tell him to..."

Here's how things generally work in Japan.

1) Some type of issue/problem/conflict arises
2) Issue/problem/conflict is identified
3) Issue/problem/conflict is talked about
4) Nothing happens

Zipzo
Mar 17, 2014, 05:09 AM
Do you guys really think someone will be able to hog sakai for 1 hour asking stupid questions? As a producer his responsabilities are mostly budget, schedule and negotiations. He probably has no idea about balance or whatever.

Though brash, and as much as I hate to agree with the Rat, this.

I don't know what the environment will be like but it's best to bank on asking very few, and very lightly weighted questions...I doubt I'm going to get an extensive interview with the guy.

As for how much he knows about the actual game balance should he answer my questions, I think whether he's knowledgeable or not isn't relevant, because if he gives me bogus as shit answers then at least we know for SURE he's out of touch, right from the horses mouth.

I'm curious nonetheless, but I think a question about game balance is the quickest way to get snubbed, and waste the opportunity at a question he might actually answer properly.

Kikikiki
Mar 17, 2014, 05:16 AM
Sure, he plays gunslash Hunter. He must know very well about game balance.

ShinMaruku
Mar 17, 2014, 07:24 AM
Somebody go there and tell sakai to outsource the game so it becomes better.

Edson Drake
Mar 17, 2014, 07:29 AM
So currently...

1. How do you feel about game balance as of now, it seems Gunners and Bravers are storming ahead of the pack, any plans to address this?
2. Any plans to make references to the old classic Phantasy Star games?
3. Have your feelings changed about foreign connections, and do you still appreciate the dedication that foreign players show, playing PSO2 from abroad?

...is what I'm planning to ask.

That's fantastic. I'd be happy enough with that, it's actually what I meant, but worded better. If only you manage to get him to answer those. Can't wait to see his answers.

Ratazana
Mar 17, 2014, 08:40 AM
Sakai:

1) What? Are you sure about that? My gunslash hunter works just fine.
2) Yes absolutely. Did you like the ps3 reference in the new vita deluxe package?
3) Are foreigners still playing pso2? Oh, I think it's wonderful. Thank you for your support.

gigawuts
Mar 17, 2014, 10:15 AM

Bang on.

Dude doesn't play the game much, he's too busy having a job.

The people you want to talk to probably won't even be at the event, and even if they were I promise you corporate bureaucracy prevents them from making any significant changes.

I can almost guarantee that this is the situation: They need to update old content. They're allowed to add new content.

Perry
Mar 17, 2014, 02:04 PM
Ask Sakai if any 3DS versions of PSO2 or a PSZ sequel/prequel are in the works.

ShinMaruku
Mar 17, 2014, 02:16 PM
Ask him Echo mesurements. That one will get an answer from these pervs.

MidCap
Mar 17, 2014, 03:14 PM
Hi Zip:

Please ask Sakai about combo attacks.

Remember on PSO Episode 3 when certain characters would "team up" and would do a mini-cutscene before an attack?

Maybe players can designate 1 or 2 friends they can do super cutscene attacks with?

Also, please ask about giving some cool animations for "Just Guarding" an enemy. (ie. if Garongo is charging at you and you JG it, you will throw it over your shoulder ala Twilight Princess?)

gigawuts
Mar 17, 2014, 03:52 PM
Just tell him melee needs a sprint button or we need lunge attack for melee weapons (longer distance step attacks done with the PA button) for 10-20 pp. Many gap closer PAs you'd think would be good enough aren't since they take up a PA slot and most aren't fast because of their animation. That leaves you with two PAs you would actually get to pick.

It'd be one thing if every melee class relied on just one weapon so we could change palettes on the fly like braver can with asagiri to shunka or , but fighter/hunter has six melee weapons (seven including lolgunslash). You can't put a gap closer on every one of them. You can't even wield every one of them (not that you necessarily should with the current meta).

All of that is way too much to tell him all of a sudden though. I doubt he'd even realize what you're talking about. So with that in mind, tl;dr Tell him melee needs holding step to turn into a sprint after the step animation when you begin walking again

Kikikiki
Mar 17, 2014, 05:51 PM
Just tell him melee needs a sprint button

EVERYTHING NEEDS THIS.

I mean, ARKs can literally fly and shit, why the fuck can't they sprint.

So with that in mind, tl;dr Tell him melee needs holding step to turn into a sprint after the step animation when you begin walking again

Quote for spotlight.