PDA

View Full Version : Braver questions!

RubyVixen
Mar 18, 2014, 08:46 PM
*Disclaimer: I'M PLAYING BR/TE. I AM 100% AWARE OF BETTER SUBCLASSES. I DID MY HOMEWORK ON THAT MATTER. I PLAY MOSTLY SOLO, OR WITH PERSONAL FRIENDS. HAVING A SUPER OPTIMIZED MOAR NUMBERS CHARACTER ISN'T THE END GOAL.

Couple of things:

What PAs are people using for Bow, and Katana? For mooks? For bosses? For TD, and AQs, etc. I'm lost on this. I watched some BR/TE footage and mostly saw Sakura-Endo, but realized this was prior to Shunka, etc. Getting the hang of Shunka is making me gravitate towards it at least for single-target damage.

As for Bow PAs, I'm not quite sure what I prefer yet. I like Master Shot for single-target damage, and I like Piercing Arrow, and Gravity Point/Arrow Rain for general mobbing. Not sure what to do. Banishing Arrow, and Final Nemesis are cool, but I don't know how to effectively use them. Final Arrow seems to have lower DPS than Pierce and Master Shot. Confirm or Deny.

As for spells. I'm cycling between Zanverse, Zondeel, Megiverse, Shifta, Deband, Resta, and NaGrants. I'm not sure if there's anything else I should use. Also is there a way to switch subpallets on the fly? Being a ragnarok online player, I'm used to having 4+ subpallets full of shit. and being a PSO1 player, I'm used to having a quick menu that allows me to swap between armor, weapons, and spells at the drop of a hat. Pso2 seems... highly limited in regards to having a swiss army-knife of useful utility.

What armor should I be focusing on? Currently using an unextended Jagd set, nd is investing in melee wand skills worth it? I REALLY like the idea of using Wand Gear+Zondeel for mob clearing, and Katana/Bow for single target damage/Just Guard.

I went the braver mag route. Going Female Human with a Dex/T-Attack Mag.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 18, 2014, 09:06 PM
Katana PAs: Hatou - Rindou (make the shockwave hit, not the wave slash, great single target DPS)
Kanran - Kikyou (mobs)
Shunka Shunran (All purpose PA)
Sakura Endo (When too close to Hatou and too lazy to shunka)

Bow PAs: Master Shot (Single target DPS)
Gravity shot (Mob pull, but zondeel with talis works better)
Penetrating shot (lane sweeper)
Kamikaze Arrow (Best Single Target DPS, only close range)

as for the Banishing Arrow, once it hits, it stays for 10 secs telling you to start accumulating damage. when you even hit once, the timer will change to 5 secs, all the damage dealt within those 5 secs will stack and blow up the arrow dealing the same amount of accumulated damage. (multipliers multiply this)

so, Banishing + Final Nemesis for one hit wonders.
otherwise, Banishing + Charged Kamikaze + x2 Un-Charged Kamikaze. or Banishing + Master Shot for distance.

Triple_S
Mar 18, 2014, 09:22 PM
Okay so first thing's first, you can switch weapon palettes easily. If playing with Keyboard/Mouse, use the Number Pad (you can also change it to use the top row of number keys in the options, apparently, but I don't feel the need to myself).

Katana is basically Shunka and... what was it... Hatou something I think. Katana Combat is important to abuse as well. As for Bow, well, Master Shot is just too good for general damage. If you have the opportunity though, Final Nemesis is incredible burst damage on a single point (and it does have piercing, though the hitbox is thin) and is absolutely frightening when paired with Weak Stance on a weak point affected by Weak Bullet. So much pain. Maybe it has less DPS than Master Shot, I'm not entirely sure. As for Banishing Arrow, just plop it on an enemy and hit that spot with strong attacks. Remember how I said to use Final Nemesis on a Weak Bulleted weak point with Weak Stance active? Yeah, if you have the chance to plop Banishing Arrow on that spot before nailing it with Final Nemesis and it gets to explode before Weak Bullet fades... Yeah that's really scary.

The problem is that, in my experience, Katana is just better than Bow pretty much all the time. Like, almost insultingly so. It's a melee weapon safer than a ranged weapon and with more damage and CC ability! Argh! As for crowd control, Wand+Zondeel does beat out everything on certain builds... not sure about Br/Te. Probably not. For spells to cast, you'll probably want to stick with stuff that helps you without relying on damage to do so. Zanverse, Megiverse, Resta, Zondeel, that sort of thing. Shifta and Deband kinda suck, sadly, so I wouldn't really bother with those.

Techer skills: Basically, if you're gonna mob-clear with wand smacks, it'd probably be worthwhile to invest in things that improve that.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 18, 2014, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF9DUqClN8A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF9DUqClN8Ahere is a vid showing how you can Bow Br.

5 hits in total.

deahamlet
Mar 18, 2014, 09:47 PM
Banishing Arrow + NaMegid is super nice. In general you're a techer, dark NaMegid, wind Sazan, should be high on your list of spells to use. If you use weak stance and have taken weak hit boost or whatever it's called on techer tree (increases damage of element that the mob is weak too) you need to vary your spells based on the mobs you are fighting. Honestly some spells are still super nice regardless of element weakness or lack of force tree:

1. Il Foie is powerful though it freezes you in place while charging. For a fire weak boos you could Banish Arrow + Il Foie or NaFoie. Other fire spells might not be worth it for you since you don't boost damage or charging. Il Foie is also very good at mobbing with a talis... Zondeel and then Il Foie = DEAD.
2. NaMegid is strong. Stronger on dark weak bosses but still good overall. Combining it with Banish Arrow is really good. Bad mob spell.
3. Sazan. There are some mobs that are wind resistant, but in general it is a great spell at level 16 with good damage and low cost. Can decrease cost by 9-10 PP by crafting technique, making it even more spammable. If you have wind damage increase on your techer tree or using it on mobs weak to it = amazing. Sazan with Elysion at latent 3 is a lot of fun. I personally find as a fo/te that Sazan is not always the best boss killing spell... I have better techniques.
4. Zondeel is just always good. Blowing it up not so good especially since you're not a force with lightning PP reduction or damage increase.
5. NaGrants, Zanverse, Megiverse are support spells for party use. By yourself you're better off using Resta than Megiverse and not sure Zanverse is worth casting unless you use mostly using your katana/bow (cast and use weapons instead of spells).

Katana... If surrounded by mobs, Kanran is better especially if solo. It flips enemies over. Alternatively you are br/te so you could Zondeel and Shunka the clustered mobs. It is much much better than sakura since you can provide yourself Zondeel. Be careful if doing so on a mob that is charging stuff at you (Signo Guns charging their attack and you zondeel three and they all shoot you in the face kind of situation). Katana on bosses... wait for the right moment and Shunka. During katana combat if you have invulnerability you can choose Kanran or Asigiri to get the max katana finisher (based on number of hits during katana combat not damage) or Shunka for maximum damage during combat and meh finisher damage. Up to you to decide which. Forgot the name, but the wave katana PA is also good with bosses that have multiple hit areas (think Banther with face and 4 legs); also since it's a wave you can be at a safer distance hitting Banther's face during roar.

Bow... Banishing + Kamikaze Arrow is the real killer. Especially on a hybrid since part of Kamikaze is s-atk based and other other part r-atk based. It's dangerous, must be well placed, but rewarding. Banishing + spells are also an alternative while using the Vibras bow (has t-atk) so you don't waste time swapping weapons.
Master Arrow is still very good and mobile, I find it overall more rewarding than Final Nemesis but then I'm not pro at being still, I'd rather Kamikaze if I'm going to be careless anyway.

I'd suggest katana for mobs, not bow. I find rain to be disappointing in contrast to zondeel+shunka or kanran or even just shunka. Rain+zondeel might be best for machines since their weak points are on their heads (I assume weak stance is what you have).
Bosses you can katana + katana combat, if not dead, move to bow (or bow+techs). Can choose what to use also base on your party and what element the boss is weak too (example Tranmizer might be best to just Kamikaze when he opens up his weak spot than Namegid).

I don't use wand gear so cannot give any advice here other than I heard Sazan refills wand gear fast.

Swapping subpallets: I use the mouse scroll to open weapon swap, press G and then pick subpallette. Honestly I rarely do so on the fly, but I tend to have 5x rod/wand/talis weapon pallettes with actual spells on the and leave subpallette for buffs+heals+support+PP-convert, etc. Best to have subpallettes based on type of areas and swap to the one best useful for an area when you start... like a fire/wind/support one for Forest, support/dark for Caves, etc.

Best units are probably boss units with s/r/t-atk boosts rather than the s/r-atk or s/t-atk 2 unit sets everyone generally prefers. Or go for the max PP setup but that only boosts s-atk and t-atk I believe.

Good luck.

RubyVixen
Mar 18, 2014, 09:49 PM
Okay so first thing's first, you can switch weapon palettes easily. If playing with Keyboard/Mouse, use the Number Pad (you can also change it to use the top row of number keys in the options, apparently, but I don't feel the need to myself).

Katana is basically Shunka and... what was it... Hatou something I think. Katana Combat is important to abuse as well. As for Bow, well, Master Shot is just too good for general damage. If you have the opportunity though, Final Nemesis is incredible burst damage on a single point (and it does have piercing, though the hitbox is thin) and is absolutely frightening when paired with Weak Stance on a weak point affected by Weak Bullet. So much pain. Maybe it has less DPS than Master Shot, I'm not entirely sure. As for Banishing Arrow, just plop it on an enemy and hit that spot with strong attacks. Remember how I said to use Final Nemesis on a Weak Bulleted weak point with Weak Stance active? Yeah, if you have the chance to plop Banishing Arrow on that spot before nailing it with Final Nemesis and it gets to explode before Weak Bullet fades... Yeah that's really scary.

The problem is that, in my experience, Katana is just better than Bow pretty much all the time. Like, almost insultingly so. It's a melee weapon safer than a ranged weapon and with more damage and CC ability! Argh! As for crowd control, Wand+Zondeel does beat out everything on certain builds... not sure about Br/Te. Probably not. For spells to cast, you'll probably want to stick with stuff that helps you without relying on damage to do so. Zanverse, Megiverse, Resta, Zondeel, that sort of thing. Shifta and Deband kinda suck, sadly, so I wouldn't really bother with those.

Techer skills: Basically, if you're gonna mob-clear with wand smacks, it'd probably be worthwhile to invest in things that improve that.

I don't want to switch weapon pallets. I want to switch my SUBPALLET. As in the 0~9 pallet with spells, etc.

Also what's wrong about Shifta/Deband? Especially because the Deband skill gives +15% damage reduction. o.o

Thanks for the info~

Triple_S
Mar 18, 2014, 09:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF9DUqClN8Ahere is a vid showing how you can Bow Br.

5 hits in total.

Br/Ra yes (currently my lulzy main), but Br/Te no. Plus again that's like all we can do well :<

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about Deband Cut. Deband is alright. Shifta doesn't give enough of a bonus to really bother casting that much... but I guess if you're subbing Techer you need all the extra damage you can get, heh. Oh and Sazan 16 is apparently the best thing in the universe or somethin'.

UnLucky
Mar 18, 2014, 10:05 PM
I don't want to switch weapon pallets. I want to switch my SUBPALLET. As in the 0~9 pallet with spells, etc.

Also what's wrong about Shifta/Deband? Especially because the Deband skill gives +15% damage reduction. o.o

Thanks for the info~

One of the keys (R/F/G/H) will switch your subpalette. You can look it up in the options.

Shifta/Deband are just really minor boosts and don't last very long for how difficult they are to stick on people. Deband Cut is the biggest bonus since it's flat damage reduction, but when most of the endgame is getting oneshot or untouched, it's unnecessary.

There are better alternatives than gimping yourself immensely for measly little buffs and fancy party tricks to entertain your enemies all day long.

RubyVixen
Mar 18, 2014, 10:14 PM
One of the keys (R/F/G/H) will switch your subpalette. You can look it up in the options.

Shifta/Deband are just really minor boosts and don't last very long for how difficult they are to stick on people. Deband Cut is the biggest bonus since it's flat damage reduction, but when most of the endgame is getting oneshot or untouched, it's unnecessary.

There are better alternatives than gimping yourself immensely for measly little buffs and fancy party tricks to entertain your enemies all day long.

I am aware there are better alternatives. I don't particularly care about them. I said that in the OP.

UnLucky
Mar 18, 2014, 10:24 PM
I'm aware that you're aware, but if I don't mention it you might think it's acceptable.

If you're really going this route, you should get a katana+bow of every element to make use of EWH and Zondeel+PA for mobs and something like Banishing Arrow+Zanverse+Kamikaze/Master Shoot on bosses.

Your offensive tech damage won't be that great even with a powerful all-class rod (Bio Rod?) unless you go full Weak Stance, but then your katana attacks would be even worse. Perhaps you could try Penetrating Arrow on Zondeeled mobs and hope for all the headshots?

The Knowing
Mar 18, 2014, 10:28 PM
all these other kids dont know what they talkin bout...

BRO, ALL YOU NEED IS SHUNKA

/thread about bravers

WildarmsRE5
Mar 18, 2014, 10:30 PM

/thread about braversyou need Hu sub for dat, shunka with weak stance? you must be joking.

LOL I can imagine the rainbow collection pallete of Vibras Bow.

this is why I don't do these kind of stuff.

The Knowing
Mar 18, 2014, 10:31 PM
you need Hu sub for dat, shunka with weak stance? you must be joking.

i know bro, u gots to sub dat hunter, forget about all dis techer nonsense

GET OUT DER AND SHUNKAAAAAAA

RubyVixen
Mar 18, 2014, 10:31 PM
I'm aware that you're aware, but if I don't mention it you might think it's acceptable.

If you're really going this route, you should get a katana+bow of every element to make use of EWH and Zondeel+PA for mobs and something like Banishing Arrow+Zanverse+Kamikaze/Master Shoot on bosses.

Your offensive tech damage won't be that great even with a powerful all-class rod (Bio Rod?) unless you go full Weak Stance, but then your katana attacks would be even worse. Perhaps you could try Penetrating Arrow on Zondeeled mobs and hope for all the headshots?

Why would my katana attacks be worse, if I'm hitting weakspots with it?

Banishing Arrow + NaMegid is super nice. In general you're a techer, dark NaMegid, wind Sazan, should be high on your list of spells to use. If you use weak stance and have taken weak hit boost or whatever it's called on techer tree (increases damage of element that the mob is weak too) you need to vary your spells based on the mobs you are fighting. Honestly some spells are still super nice regardless of element weakness or lack of force tree:

1. Il Foie is powerful though it freezes you in place while charging. For a fire weak boos you could Banish Arrow + Il Foie or NaFoie. Other fire spells might not be worth it for you since you don't boost damage or charging. Il Foie is also very good at mobbing with a talis... Zondeel and then Il Foie = DEAD.
2. NaMegid is strong. Stronger on dark weak bosses but still good overall. Combining it with Banish Arrow is really good. Bad mob spell.
3. Sazan. There are some mobs that are wind resistant, but in general it is a great spell at level 16 with good damage and low cost. Can decrease cost by 9-10 PP by crafting technique, making it even more spammable. If you have wind damage increase on your techer tree or using it on mobs weak to it = amazing. Sazan with Elysion at latent 3 is a lot of fun. I personally find as a fo/te that Sazan is not always the best boss killing spell... I have better techniques.
4. Zondeel is just always good. Blowing it up not so good especially since you're not a force with lightning PP reduction or damage increase.
5. NaGrants, Zanverse, Megiverse are support spells for party use. By yourself you're better off using Resta than Megiverse and not sure Zanverse is worth casting unless you use mostly using your katana/bow (cast and use weapons instead of spells).

Katana... If surrounded by mobs, Kanran is better especially if solo. It flips enemies over. Alternatively you are br/te so you could Zondeel and Shunka the clustered mobs. It is much much better than sakura since you can provide yourself Zondeel. Be careful if doing so on a mob that is charging stuff at you (Signo Guns charging their attack and you zondeel three and they all shoot you in the face kind of situation). Katana on bosses... wait for the right moment and Shunka. During katana combat if you have invulnerability you can choose Kanran or Asigiri to get the max katana finisher (based on number of hits during katana combat not damage) or Shunka for maximum damage during combat and meh finisher damage. Up to you to decide which. Forgot the name, but the wave katana PA is also good with bosses that have multiple hit areas (think Banther with face and 4 legs); also since it's a wave you can be at a safer distance hitting Banther's face during roar.

Bow... Banishing + Kamikaze Arrow is the real killer. Especially on a hybrid since part of Kamikaze is s-atk based and other other part r-atk based. It's dangerous, must be well placed, but rewarding. Banishing + spells are also an alternative while using the Vibras bow (has t-atk) so you don't waste time swapping weapons.
Master Arrow is still very good and mobile, I find it overall more rewarding than Final Nemesis but then I'm not pro at being still, I'd rather Kamikaze if I'm going to be careless anyway.

I'd suggest katana for mobs, not bow. I find rain to be disappointing in contrast to zondeel+shunka or kanran or even just shunka. Rain+zondeel might be best for machines since their weak points are on their heads (I assume weak stance is what you have).
Bosses you can katana + katana combat, if not dead, move to bow (or bow+techs). Can choose what to use also base on your party and what element the boss is weak too (example Tranmizer might be best to just Kamikaze when he opens up his weak spot than Namegid).

I don't use wand gear so cannot give any advice here other than I heard Sazan refills wand gear fast.

Swapping subpallets: I use the mouse scroll to open weapon swap, press G and then pick subpallette. Honestly I rarely do so on the fly, but I tend to have 5x rod/wand/talis weapon pallettes with actual spells on the and leave subpallette for buffs+heals+support+PP-convert, etc. Best to have subpallettes based on type of areas and swap to the one best useful for an area when you start... like a fire/wind/support one for Forest, support/dark for Caves, etc.

Best units are probably boss units with s/r/t-atk boosts rather than the s/r-atk or s/t-atk 2 unit sets everyone generally prefers. Or go for the max PP setup but that only boosts s-atk and t-atk I believe.

Good luck.

Thank you for all of the info! This is great stuff.

RubyVixen
Mar 18, 2014, 10:33 PM
i know bro, u gots to sub dat hunter, forget about all dis techer nonsense

GET OUT DER AND SHUNKAAAAAAA

you need Hu sub for dat, shunka with weak stance? you must be joking.

/thread about bravers

I'm going to ask politely: Please do not derail my thread. I've read through all of the other MANY, MANY Br/Te, Br/Fo threads. I AM FULLY AWARE OF THE COMMUNITIES OPINION OF SUBOPTIMAL BUILDS.

Please do not ruin this.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 18, 2014, 10:38 PM
._. I'm not saying anything to change your playstyle. did I?

and you're really better off using Bows, cause 90% of the time, you won't be hitting weakspots with katana.

UnLucky
Mar 18, 2014, 10:46 PM
Why would my katana attacks be worse, if I'm hitting weakspots with it?

Assuming you do, assuming the enemy even has one to begin with.

RubyVixen
Mar 18, 2014, 11:05 PM
Assuming you do, assuming the enemy even has one to begin with.

I will give you that. Not every enemy has a weakspot. Because I like to switch between Bow/Katana/Wand I figured weakhit would be the best overall.

deahamlet
Mar 19, 2014, 12:20 AM
I will give you that. Not every enemy has a weakspot. Because I like to switch between Bow/Katana/Wand I figured weakhit would be the best overall.

Since you are /TE weak hit IS the best choice for you. If you were going for average stance, /TE would really be only to use shifta/resta/megiverse/etc. which is a bit of a shame.

Weak spot is most important on bosses, mobs die ANYWAY as everyone keeps saying in 1-2 hits so whatevers. If you have weak stance + katana combat you CAN reach some bosses' weak spots. For others, you have bow+spells in TPS mode (Master Shot or Kamikaze to Rockbear face or Namegid or NaFoie the face as an example after a Banishing). Take a Tranmizer, use Shunka when he reveals his weak spot = awesome. Also if the weak spot is simply inaccessible to you even with bow and TPS mode, you can always use the element the boss is weak to and get the bonus from the stance and being techer.

Katana Combat flying business also makes it easier to get to weak spots, for example nose of Quartz, but you do have the PA that moves you upwards (I gotta learn these names one day) to raise you to them.

You have choices that mean you can take advantage in some way of weak stance even if weak spot is not reachable. BR/TE is not the specialized 20s killer but it has tools and weak stance makes sense.

If you were maining katanas and never using bows or techs beyond support ones, average stance would make sense.

I'm a hybrid katana/bow braver and I went average stance because I am lazy. There, I said it. Weak stance is more work but katana+bow+techs definitely can make it work easier.

So... all that to say you're not crazy :D.

Chdata
Mar 19, 2014, 01:25 AM
I was thinking of going TeBr recently, or BrTe, for the sole purpose of Self-Zondeel, and then Shunka.

As TeFo or TeHu, I already -only- self-zondeel, and know how to survive it.

As TeBr or BrTe, if you get snatch step, as Unlucky mentioned in the build thread, it can flinch mobs, so it would be really helpful for getting out of the zondeel to shunka it again, if you don't just activate shunka right there. Or you can use the AoE slash and then shunka, or just spam the AoE slash for its damage.

And for bosses either shunka or hatou. Effortless build, gets the job done. I don't use the bow, because it's not hard to just dash up to enemies, but I quad/triple/etc. Well. I don't use the bow normally. I only use the bow in Lilipa TA to hit buttons, or mobs that are too far down the conveyer belt (for convenience).

The only other things I'd use from Te are territory burst, resta, MAYBE the PP restore stuff just because it's "convenient", and I dunno if element weak hit would apply to katanas but I doubt it.

holmwood
Mar 19, 2014, 01:39 AM
*Disclaimer: I'M PLAYING BR/TE. I AM 100% AWARE OF BETTER SUBCLASSES. I DID MY HOMEWORK ON THAT MATTER. I PLAY MOSTLY SOLO, OR WITH PERSONAL FRIENDS. HAVING A SUPER OPTIMIZED MOAR NUMBERS CHARACTER ISN'T THE END GOAL.

Couple of things:

What PAs are people using for Bow, and Katana? For mooks? For bosses? For TD, and AQs, etc. I'm lost on this. I watched some BR/TE footage and mostly saw Sakura-Endo, but realized this was prior to Shunka, etc. Getting the hang of Shunka is making me gravitate towards it at least for single-target damage.

As for Bow PAs, I'm not quite sure what I prefer yet. I like Master Shot for single-target damage, and I like Piercing Arrow, and Gravity Point/Arrow Rain for general mobbing. Not sure what to do. Banishing Arrow, and Final Nemesis are cool, but I don't know how to effectively use them. Final Arrow seems to have lower DPS than Pierce and Master Shot. Confirm or Deny.

As for spells. I'm cycling between Zanverse, Zondeel, Megiverse, Shifta, Deband, Resta, and NaGrants. I'm not sure if there's anything else I should use. Also is there a way to switch subpallets on the fly? Being a ragnarok online player, I'm used to having 4+ subpallets full of shit. and being a PSO1 player, I'm used to having a quick menu that allows me to swap between armor, weapons, and spells at the drop of a hat. Pso2 seems... highly limited in regards to having a swiss army-knife of useful utility.

What armor should I be focusing on? Currently using an unextended Jagd set, nd is investing in melee wand skills worth it? I REALLY like the idea of using Wand Gear+Zondeel for mob clearing, and Katana/Bow for single target damage/Just Guard.

I went the braver mag route. Going Female Human with a Dex/T-Attack Mag.
I'm going the same route. For mooks, you can zondeel + anything , really. Whatever playstyle you like. Alot of videos I see do zondeel + dash attack + nafoie with a katana/double saber with secondary tech attribute. I've seen one video that spammed gekka zakuro. . . @_@

For bosses, you can do Banishing shot + Techs, though typically it's done at a weakpoint with Nafoie + PP convert. Namegid + Banishing shot is boring, but gets the job done. A bow with secondary tech damage is pretty essential for this... there are 3 different ones to choose from. I have yet to get a Bibras Bow though. I really have no time to farm. : /
What I've been thinking about doing is using megiverse (crafted for charge time reduction) and Shunka-Shunran. That way you can just spam and not give two ****s about getting hit. Maybe not as good as Br/Hu in burst damage, but may be comparable in DPS. Gotta try it once I get megiverse crafting done. ^^;

Ratazana
Mar 19, 2014, 02:01 AM
What I've been thinking about doing is using megiverse (crafted for charge time reduction) and Shunka-Shunran. That way you can just spam and not give two ****s about getting hit. Maybe not as good as Br/Hu in burst damage, but may be comparable in DPS. Gotta try it once I get megiverse crafting done. ^^;

:clown:

deahamlet
Mar 19, 2014, 02:05 AM
I'm going the same route. For mooks, you can zondeel + anything , really. Whatever playstyle you like. Alot of videos I see do zondeel + dash attack + nafoie with a katana/double saber with secondary tech attribute. I've seen one video that spammed gekka zakuro. . . @_@

For bosses, you can do Banishing shot + Techs, though typically it's done at a weakpoint with Nafoie + PP convert. Namegid + Banishing shot is boring, but gets the job done. A bow with secondary tech damage is pretty essential for this... there are 3 different ones to choose from. I have yet to get a Bibras Bow though. I really have no time to farm. : /

You know you can ask someone else to craft Megiverse for you.... and if they are at max level crafting they have higher and lower numbers based on the level of tech crafting they are at.

RubyVixen
Mar 19, 2014, 04:55 AM
I was thinking of going TeBr recently, or BrTe, for the sole purpose of Self-Zondeel, and then Shunka.

As TeFo or TeHu, I already -only- self-zondeel, and know how to survive it.

As TeBr or BrTe, if you get snatch step, as Unlucky mentioned in the build thread, it can flinch mobs, so it would be really helpful for getting out of the zondeel to shunka it again, if you don't just activate shunka right there. Or you can use the AoE slash and then shunka, or just spam the AoE slash for its damage.

And for bosses either shunka or hatou. Effortless build, gets the job done. I don't use the bow, because it's not hard to just dash up to enemies, but I quad/triple/etc. Well. I don't use the bow normally. I only use the bow in Lilipa TA to hit buttons, or mobs that are too far down the conveyer belt (for convenience).

The only other things I'd use from Te are territory burst, resta, MAYBE the PP restore stuff just because it's "convenient", and I dunno if element weak hit would apply to katanas but I doubt it.

Element Weak Hit does actually apply to katana. So I did a thing.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06vbb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik7J7b In0000000lb000009b000000lb000009b000000jkbdq5df2SI 2HSjqnI200000IOIbk2dnfmnJ2Hni20000

Haven't decided what else to do with the mag. I want to split Dex+T-Attack.

Currently saving up for equipment, too. Acru Carta looks to be the best choice for Wands?

WildarmsRE5
Mar 19, 2014, 06:50 AM
Element Weak Hit does actually apply to katana. So I did a thing.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06vbb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik7J7b In0000000lb000009b000000lb000009b000000jkbdq5df2SI 2HSjqnI200000IOIbk2dnfmnJ2Hni20000

Haven't decided what else to do with the mag. I want to split Dex+T-Attack.

Currently saving up for equipment, too. Acru Carta looks to be the best choice for Wands?Wands = Elysion. nothing beats it.

EDIT: oh wait, Br/Te, screw this post.

TaigaUC
Mar 19, 2014, 07:02 AM
I play Br/Te or Te/Br occasionally. It's kinda fun because of the versatility.
Experimental build set up to play like a Braver with support, and occasional Wand Gear/Lovers.
I went with Weak Stance in case I wanted to use magic, but ended up not really using any offensive techs.
That might change now that I have Elysion on some of my characters that can use it.

The reason I basically just play as Braver is because Shunka Shunran is ridiculously more powerful than anything else.
You don't even need an SATK or Dex Mag to hit hard with Shunka Shunran (although you'll still need enough to equip a good weapon).
I just use whatever Mags the character already has (pure TATK, SATK/Dex, TATK/Dex, etc).
It still doesn't hit as hard as a Br/Hu of course, but the support techs are great if nobody's around to help with crowd control.

Equipment-wise, I use either Agito or an extended multi-class Katana with low requirements.
I was using an extended Adaman Wand (ice caster), but now have Elysion. It's probably best to have a wand on hand for every element weakness.

For playstyle, I use Territory Burst and Zondeel to suck all the enemies up and then Shunka Shunran them for quick kills.
Wand Gear/Lovers achieves a similar result, although its efficiency likely depends on the situation (and your weapon/setup).
I intend to go back to using Average Stance, because of the inconsistent Shunka Shunran damage with Weak Stance.

RubyVixen
Mar 19, 2014, 05:18 PM
Acru Carta seems to have the best stats for a melee-based wand, and is even Te/BR, It also seems to have better stats than the other multi-class wands. Why is Elysion better?

Kamekur
Mar 19, 2014, 05:42 PM
Acru Carta seems to have the best stats for a melee-based wand, and is even Te/BR, It also seems to have better stats than the other multi-class wands. Why is Elysion better?

+100% damage to uncharged techs. It basically enables you to spam namegid, sazan and sazonde for almost the same damage (well, sazonde actually gains damage) as charged as long as you have PP to sustain it (PP Convert/Ketos/Both for namegid). Faster casting, to put it simply.

SociableTyrannosaur
Mar 19, 2014, 06:27 PM
much faster casting.

RubyVixen
Mar 19, 2014, 06:55 PM
yeah but i assume it's herpaderp expensive, especially to extend it to Braver.

RubyVixen
Mar 19, 2014, 07:06 PM
+100% damage to uncharged techs. It basically enables you to spam namegid, sazan and sazonde for almost the same damage (well, sazonde actually gains damage) as charged as long as you have PP to sustain it (PP Convert/Ketos/Both for namegid). Faster casting, to put it simply.

The issue is this: For me to use Elysion, I have to extend it to Braver, which hurts it. For me to use Balmung, I have to have 139 points in T-Attack on my mag, which hurts my potential striking damage. Acru Carta requires 450 Dex, which only requires a few points in Dex to hit.

Sandmind
Mar 19, 2014, 08:50 PM
The issue is this: For me to use Elysion, I have to extend it to Braver, which hurts it. For me to use Balmung, I have to have 139 points in T-Attack on my mag, which hurts my potential striking damage. Acru Carta requires 450 Dex, which only requires a few points in Dex to hit.

The Acru Carta would double as a good melee and casting weapon against vorpal enemy thanks to it's latent. The 3rd XQ Tower update in the future will get the Bio wand in the stone shop, all class and with a superior tech JA latent (6/7/8%), which doesn't apply to melee (sega wishing to make TE an hybrid, make a complete JA latent already for wand please). The Bio weapons require 400+ def to equip.

deahamlet
Mar 19, 2014, 10:16 PM

You cannot craft 11* weapons. You'd have to be te/br.

RubyVixen
Mar 20, 2014, 05:10 PM
You cannot craft 11* weapons. You'd have to be te/br.

Then Acru Carta it is.

deahamlet
Mar 20, 2014, 05:41 PM
Then Acru Carta it is.

That made the decision easy, didn't it? :D

I'm curious if new te/br wands will come out with the next sets of AQs.

RubyVixen
Mar 25, 2014, 02:53 PM
So some new questions.

With some help, I've done some more work to my skill trees:

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/skillcalc.php?06vbb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ikb3Ik6dt7 bIn0000000lb000009b000000lb000009b000000jkbdojdFI2 J2GKIkIo00000febdBk2dnmxsXI2l20000

Anyways, what weapons should I be using? I'm still not 65/65 yet, so I've mostly been using a rainbow pallet of crafted Vita Katanas with 50 elements because poverty status. Also been using the electric set for gear.

Any suggestions?

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 03:13 PM
Falz Katana is dirt cheap. You can buy one with less money than you make from a single VH taco set. Get Blitz Rear/Arm + Burn Leg and work on putting Quartz/Power3 on them. You'll be miles ahead of most people here with that wep/unit set.

Skill tree is fine though I would advise dropping Rare Braver Mastery and Braver Mag (unless you have a large Dex investment on your mag then at least keep 1 point).

UnLucky
Mar 25, 2014, 03:15 PM
It is a really good katana.

If 10* trading were open to free players, it'd be worth a lot more.

RubyVixen
Mar 25, 2014, 03:48 PM
I'm a free player, so I don't think I'm allowed to buy Falz Katana. o.o

My mag is pure dex mag.

Also I am from, and currently live in Tucson. Where abouts are you?

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 05:28 PM
In that case, swap Falz Katana for カリシズマ and have a friend craft it for you. Swap the Burn Leg to Black Wing Leg.

RubyVixen
Mar 25, 2014, 10:48 PM
who do i have to have someone else craft it?

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 10:53 PM
If you're fremium, you can't use your crafting pad in your room because you can't go to your room. You could use a MyRoom pass I guess, but I don't know 100% if that let's you use your crafting pad as well.

Bellion
Mar 25, 2014, 10:56 PM
You can still go to a room(your mini room?) to craft if you don't have access to a room ticket.

Rehal
Mar 25, 2014, 10:56 PM
When was the last time you try to go to your myroom? .-.

milranduil
Mar 25, 2014, 10:58 PM
You can still go to a room(your mini room?) to craft if you don't have access to a room ticket.

Welp, TIL.

RubyVixen
Mar 25, 2014, 11:15 PM
I've been crafting on free2play since i started a month ago. Haven't even used a single 3-day pass.