PDA

View Full Version : Post-Discussion of the Boost Week

Lostbob117
Mar 18, 2014, 10:31 PM
Hello, I decided -- why not discuss our boost week while the servers are down. SAo here it is.

So how was your boost week? Did you get weapons you wanted? Did Dudu give you awesome grinds, affixes, etc.? Did you max another, or your first, class? Did monica fuck you over? Discuss it here!

I got a Biosword got it +10, the potenial, and got my affixes. Almost a whole palette of 11*s (fucking damn kamui not dropping for me). I finally got x3 affixes on my units(1130HP now heh).

So, tell me about your boost week!

Rakurai
Mar 18, 2014, 10:34 PM
For my gunner, I got the 11* ZRA TMGs fully grinded and affixed them, along with a new set of units (I only do three affixes since I'm dirt poor, though...).

For my force, I did the same for an Elysion, the 11* rod (For Il Foie spammage), and a couple of wands.

I think I'll be content with my gear for a long while now.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Mar 18, 2014, 10:37 PM
My boost week sucked because it ended.

Kanade
Mar 18, 2014, 10:38 PM
I wish boost week was the regular game!

Lostbob117
Mar 18, 2014, 10:40 PM
I wish boost week was the regular game!

It does make the game much more worth playing.

Dnd
Mar 18, 2014, 10:43 PM
The 10% affix boost: godlike, made the RNG bearable and actually behave like the numbers it showed, no regrets sinking 100mill+ into it.

I didnt grind anything, so cant comment on that.

Exp boost was awesome, 250k+ for a lv3 boosted rare lv70 boss in an AQ with just a 75% ticket, when they actually appeared. This along with the affix boost ill miss the most.

Rare drop and rare spawn boost's to me felt like it was - 150% instead. Tower defence barely breaking even on 400% rdr everytime and I got 2 rare bosses all week in there. AQ's i got 3-4, i forget.

The last 3 days I barely played at all, but I do agree this is what the game should be like all the time, although maybe not the exp part.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 18, 2014, 10:45 PM
pretty much this.

http://i.imgur.com/5vW7ofD.png

then affixed my Jaeger set as well, no pics cause maint.

strikerhunter
Mar 18, 2014, 10:52 PM
Used up all my money ;_; but it was worth the potential rage.

Gloam set went cheap so I bought it and affixed it, didn't get to 4s but I did end up with mizer/shoot III (shoot IV on 1 unit)/spiritia 3 spending about 2.5 mil (6mil total).

Boost week has been good to my Gu/Hu but not to my other characters...........
-Spent 10 mil on my Fi/Hu..........stupid 4 90% fails........seriously 4s-->0s weapons/units.
-Souls wouldn't get through but every time I did a 43% or lower Mizer I always get it >_>

In the end, all my characters got what they wanted but I only wish that it was at least another week longer so I could had taken advantage of the exp boost to level up my younger characters.

My only regret was spending time affixing my old units at the beginning of the boost week to only turn it into fodders (3mil used to make the fodders)for Gloam piece which could had saved me 3 30% affixes.

Edit: Still didn't get that ZE 11* TMG and instead I got the Fury Stance 11* TMG from caves -.-
Double Edit: Sega should do this more often, like way more often to where it's at least seasonal since it gets more players to play.
Triple Edit: Probably the only thing that matters was 4s-ing and lv 3 latent Elysion for my Te and completing my Gu/Hu's affixes. (Fi/Hu sets in a corner and cries with 4s quartz soul that was a pain in the ass)

(Now to make all that money back!)

Takatsuki
Mar 18, 2014, 10:53 PM
For my BR/HU character, I got BR from 58-65 and HU from 42-61. In less than a week.

Picked up a 11* Knuckle from SHAQ that I couldn't equip and didn't realize so until I had already affixed and grinded it. Hasn't sold yet.

Picked up two 11* Partisans from SHAQ. Fused them together to make them 50 element and grinded and affixed it all nice n' stuff.

Got a great big stack of Excubes, so there's that I guess.

Evangelion X.XX
Mar 18, 2014, 10:53 PM
Boost week was a God send for a poor bloke like me.

I managed to 5-slot my GM with Mizer/ShootIII/AbilityIII/SpiritaIII/ShootingBoost.

I also managed to 4-slot affix my Calbun Set with Mizer/ShootIII/StaminaIII/ShootingBoost; really wanted to 5-slot the units with Ability III, but not enough moolah.

Failed 90's a couple of times, but not as bad as some of the people here on this forum.

gaijin_punch
Mar 18, 2014, 10:56 PM
I've only been playing a few months. I liked the boost week, as it helped me get to 65. Not sure when I got it, but I got a really rare armor and after trying it, decided I needed the dough more, so sold it for a shit ton, and spent about half of it on grinding and affixing.

I don't think there's enough 11-stars that are really rare to sustain the drops those high. Then again, I've still got the original PSO very well ingrained in my head. Useful items were FAR more limited, and the drops for some were pretty horrible. In this week I got 3 of the strongest 11-star partisan. Combined two to get a 50 element. Grinded it to 10. Sold the other. Got the Krater(?) Nails. Immediate Strike Level 2, and grinded back up to 10. Also got the 11-star twin mechs which are listed as the strongest on the pso2.swiki. So yeah, was fun, but I don't think something "rare" should drop 3 times in a day normally.

final_attack
Mar 18, 2014, 10:57 PM
Fully grinded *11 ZE Tmg ..... +10 alt weapons and affixed them (Atk +60, 2 slot - Vibras Launcher, Vibras Bow, *11 Twin Dagger, Ex Dragon Knuckle)

Yeah, I'm very happy with basic affix, and I played the game casually.

Grind and affix is very nice. Threw all of my money away for grind + affix that 5 weapons.

Some *11 weapon pass which is very nice too ^^

Would love the affix / grind / drop rate to be normal game-play though. Yep, I need to do other things irl, so, boost week like last time would make this game more enjoy-able for me ^^;

Arksenth
Mar 18, 2014, 10:58 PM
I made so much meseta selling all the poor people overpriced fodders and boosts!

Oh, and also affixed my gear.

But mainly I made so much meseta!

Ohohohohohohohoho!

Poor people!

Lostbob117
Mar 18, 2014, 11:06 PM
I made so much meseta selling all the poor people overpriced fodders and boosts!

Oh, and also affixed my gear.

But mainly I made so much meseta!

Ohohohohohohohoho!

Poor people!

As I saw your name I thought you would say something about poor people. Though the fodders were quite pricy and made me lose all my Meseta.

milranduil
Mar 18, 2014, 11:10 PM
As I saw your name I thought you would say something about poor people. Though the fodders were quite pricy and made me lose all my Meseta.

Fodders were cheap during boost. Just wait til a few weeks from now when everything goes back up again. :wacko:

WildarmsRE5
Mar 18, 2014, 11:10 PM
make fodders to sell fodders.

I haven't failed countless Gwana Souls and Fang Souls trying to extend their slots.

success = double money or more.

I also contributed to the Fang Soul community by buying those lost 200k Fang Souls and Reselling them for 400k. Market Simulator 2014.

actually, I only failed once.

strikerhunter
Mar 18, 2014, 11:11 PM
Fodders were cheap during boost. Just wait til a few weeks from now when everything goes back up again. :wacko:

Tell that to 3s+ quartz soul units ;_; (It might be that I kept failing it -.-)

milranduil
Mar 18, 2014, 11:13 PM
Well, something to note is that soul Xs were more expensive, while finished fodders were cheaper i.e. Quartz/Power3/Spirita3/x could be bought for a reasonable 5mil with supply on the market whereas with no boost you're lucky to find one for 10mil (aka you make it yourself and yolo 60/70/70/100 ._.b).

Lostbob117
Mar 18, 2014, 11:20 PM

I'm a poor person though! If I get a shop pass I would be glad though! Might just need to get FUN points to try for one.

Arksenth
Mar 18, 2014, 11:23 PM
I'm a poor person though! If I get a shop pass I would be glad though! Might just need to get FUN points to try for one.

Have you tried not being a poor person?

Lostbob117

Hard to be not poor without a shop pass or prem!

strikerhunter

<inb4 ARKs comes in>

Boost week made me poor (lol measly 132k left) but it was dam worth the 20mil+ spent for 3 characters (FK my braver, she's already strong without godly affixes)

Easier to say than done.

milranduil
Mar 18, 2014, 11:34 PM

One does not simply try to not be a po- *shot*

Hard to be not poor without a shop pass or prem!

Multiple taco sets everyday go a long way if you stay on top of them.

SisterPrincess
Mar 18, 2014, 11:38 PM
Too bad I never tried 99% just to crash once :wacko:

picture named failed and success are from the same unit.

Playing extra slot is fun for once.

Chdata
Mar 18, 2014, 11:44 PM
Boost week grinding was ridiculous.

10*, you could go 1-10 without needing any protection at all.

11*, only needed it for 9-10.

Anything else? Almost never failed at all!

.Jack
Mar 18, 2014, 11:46 PM
I didn't get to spend as much as I had predicted but it was a fun week nonetheless. Made some pretty neat stuff this boost. ^^

HBK666
Mar 18, 2014, 11:48 PM
Boost week grinding was ridiculous.

10*, you could go 1-10 without needing any protection at all.

11*, only needed it for 8-10.

Anything else? Almost never failed at all!

Fixed.

SisterPrincess
Mar 18, 2014, 11:49 PM
Sorry, I sucked at using paint to crop images. This is all I can do.

Zorafim
Mar 19, 2014, 12:12 AM
Before the exp fix, I was lv55. I am now lv62. It feels like I might actually hit the cap for the first time since 30.

Chdata
Mar 19, 2014, 12:14 AM
8-9 was sorta inbetween. Sometimes it had pretty good streaks without and sometimes I used +1's.

deahamlet
Mar 19, 2014, 12:35 AM
I don't like to 3-slot (or higher) things because the failures scare me :P.

So what did I get:
My fo/te main:
1. Mining talis level 1 latent, Elder+TechIII+SpiritaIII, +10 = bought it that way
2. Bio rod =+10 and 2-slot affix
3. New dark rod = latent level 3, +10, 2-slot
4. New fire rod = latent level 3, +10, 2-slot
5. Elysion = got it from latent 1 to 3 (was already slotted)
6. Took my fo/te's units from 2-slot to 3-slot, hello 759 HP!!!! Less squishy+!
7. Extreme wand (Balmung) = +10, 2-slot

My gu/ra/hu:
1. Bought Guild Mila light (mine was wind) = latent 3, +10, 2-slot
2. ZRA batmarang TMGs (bought dark because I unlocked mine light, BAH) = latent 3, +10, 2-slot
3. Red HU/GU TMGs (again, bought Fire cause mine were... idk ice?) = +10, 2-slot
4. All class extreme rifle (dark) = +10, 2-slot

My br/hu:
1. Bought HU/BR purple/blue katana (light)= +10, 2-slot
2. Bought HU/BR partizan (light)= +10 (fell as Power III and Lucky Rise, left well enough alone)
3. Bought Dies Ryu (lightning) = +10, 2-slot [can now craft it woot]
4. Brule Fluid = +10, 2-slot [can also craft now]
5. Made a set of armor +10 (Vibras set) with Org Soul and Power III and Shoot III.

My fi/hu:
1. Bought Twin Kamui (light) = latent 3, +10, 2-slot
2. Bought new dark saber (dark; one dropped for me on the last day though o.O) = +10, 2-slot
3. Bought all-class extreme wired lance = +10, 2-slot

All in all bought a lot of stuff, sold a lot of my old fodder, light attribute changers, class additions and whatnot to have money as I ran out of grinders, protects and photon spheres early... EEEP!

Still need to work on some latents on the new weapons (bio rod, light wand) and some of my old weapons (wind talis is not level 3, neither is lightning rod).

Productive week!

Edit: Man, 11*s sometimes were being little bitches going from 7 to 3 over and over and over... BAD weapons!

MetalDude
Mar 19, 2014, 12:36 AM
All three sets of units done, several new weapons bought and grinded to +40 and 3 slotted for every class, ending with around 26 mil (started with 21 mil during boost week).

Overall, pretty successful and much more satisfying than the last time we had the boost. Very few worries about gear becoming invalidated any time soon because we know about the next few content updates so I'll be pretty satisfied running around with +40'd Arao Cylinder and Agni Bazooka alongside the soon-to-be-released Bio Gunslash. Top it off with actively hunting and finding Flame Bullet 16. My RA/HU is fucking awesome and I love playing it.

Natsu Nem
Mar 19, 2014, 12:44 AM
FINALLY affixed my FO/BR's gear after so many weeks. Also found yhr ZRA TMGs from hunting SPARGUNS in SHAQS. After that, I randomly decided to my jury rig my GU's gear because my booster budget went to my FO.

Aeris
Mar 19, 2014, 01:25 AM
FINALLY affixed my FO/BR's gear after so many weeks. Also found yhr ZRA TMGs from hunting SPARGUNS in SHAQS. After that, I randomly decided to my jury rig my GU's gear because my booster budget went to my FO.

Been hunting for that for a few days and never gotten it yet.

Besides i affixed up 4 sets of units for my characters and a load of weapons, mostly upgraded from older gear i had for a while.

isCasted
Mar 19, 2014, 02:12 AM
Was collecting meseta in XQ.

Ohhoho, poor newmen...

Crystal_Shard
Mar 19, 2014, 04:27 AM
Well, that was one productive week.

Els - FO/FI
Incomplete 4s with Elder Soul to 10* Ice Units; gotta wait for the next chance to complete that.

Aeline - RA/BR
Leveled RA from 55 to 60; able to equip Till Traitor
Found and sold Guld Milla
Sold Niren Kamui
Found random 11* weapon and exchanged it for pass
Used 11* pass to buy Cherifort Rifle and +10'ed it
Bought fully affixed Kelbin Set and sold 0 affix Arm unit
with myshop profits

Nals - TE/FO
Bought, L1 Latented and +10'ed Balmung
Bought, affixed, L3 Latented and +10'ed Elysion
Affixed Primula Set with 2s Affixes (Elder Soul + Tech 3)
Found and sold Rockbear Katana
Bought Panis Repca and Large Twin Tails ticket
with the profits

Celise - HU/FO
Found Sharp Cycler Sword from TD

TaigaUC
Mar 19, 2014, 06:55 AM
As with last year's boost week, I honestly felt that this boost week is how the game should always be. It feels much more enjoyable and balanced this way.
With boosts, we actually get consistently decent/useful rewards, and usually only have to spend reasonably moderate amounts of time and cash on upgrading equipment.

That being said, I didn't do much during boost week.
Almost all my characters are 65/65 in most of their classes now, and they all have decent gear.
I probably won't be playing much until they add particularly exciting new content.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 19, 2014, 07:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/JkpwFMr.jpg

Rien
Mar 19, 2014, 07:26 AM
I never found a new sword or katana..

The SHAQ 11* sword looks like shit anyway.

pkemr4
Mar 19, 2014, 07:42 AM
bought a cheap 25 lighting lvl 3 latent 4 slot affixed batman tmg and watched everyone around me in Desert SHAQ's get one but me when i needed a second one for 50 ele (had the light attribute changer to). 3 slot'd my units for mizer soul/shootIII/Spirita III

Shinamori
Mar 19, 2014, 07:58 AM
I gained 40mil, lost it all. Some boost week.

HIT0SHI
Mar 19, 2014, 08:04 AM
It was a good week!

I bought 1 of the cheapest of these which was at potential lv1:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/R9uxzCf.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
So then I grinded it to potential lv3. So now I have both a Guld Milla and a All-Class launcher that is as good as the Launcher Legacy, which means I don't have to main Ranger anymore for launcher porpoises.
That also means I can get some OP TMGs now too! Now to choose either Zero Range or JA Latents...

jooozek
Mar 19, 2014, 08:11 AM
wait for bio tmgs?

gigawuts
Mar 19, 2014, 09:02 AM
I had a fairly good week, got virtually everything on my wishlist, and basically everything fit together as I planned it on the first day (right down to finishing a thing or two within a few hours of the server going down).

It's just a shame the game doesn't normally have these rates. Sega could get more flies with honey than vinegar, such and such, not actually a true statement in real life, obligatory xkcd link, bla bla bla.

RadiantLegend
Mar 19, 2014, 09:33 AM
Spent the most ever on a weapon. Bought a Susano, got potential 3, 50%, gwana/power3/spirita3/poison3. I guess that also makes it my first 4s.
Grind + Affix Crusade lore + potential 3
Grind + Affix vibras bow + potential 1

That was it. Nothing major like u guys.

Ce'Nedra
Mar 19, 2014, 09:39 AM
Got rid of my GM thanks to player shop~ Aside that I affixed some stuff and gained a few levels but overall I spend more time AFK/chatting in the team room then playing. Also did 1-60 of XQ, it's been ages I ran a full XQ run and it was good fun.

Just couldn't bring the mood to nonstop grind AQ or something.

suzaku0zero0
Mar 19, 2014, 08:38 PM
Started the boost week with 20 million mesta

Grinded and latent 3 my photon canon, 12* katana, guil milla, bio exq sword and affix all 4 or 5 slots with soul, damage 3 ability 3 pp boost (and dex)
Affixed units for +45 damage in s/r/t atk

But little 11* cuz of farming exq

Ended the week with 100k mesta

Yep pretty satisfied

Ps. Why the hell are pp boost so expensive, last time I bought one it was just 500k mesta

Crystal_Shard
Mar 19, 2014, 08:50 PM
Ps. Why the hell are pp boost so expensive, last time I bought one it was just 500k mesta

Because they haven't appeared in the scratch for several months. Also Boost Week boosted prices as well. ^^;

Aussei
Mar 20, 2014, 09:22 PM
I didn't get to play because my laptop fried and I had to leave my desktop computer at my parent's house while I house jump cos I was fucking HOMELESS. First world problems. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL So I didn't get SHIT and probably wont be able to play PSO2 for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong while till I fucking resettle again. Luck guys who actually can play wow so amazing for youuuuu.

SisterPrincess
Mar 20, 2014, 10:25 PM
Because they haven't appeared in the scratch for several months. Also Boost Week boosted prices as well. ^^;

It just got reprinted but it bumped to 4* while Tech boost is 3*. More importantly, they would rather wait for Attack of Titan scratch since Oriential Style Expo scratch is shit to begin with.