PDA

View Full Version : Matoi

fay
Mar 19, 2014, 07:52 AM
This has been about a while now but never felt about asking.
Is something just seriously wrong with the game regarding her or what? Every time i go near her a quick chat cut-scene happens. I have no options of what to say so I let it happen, but when it finishes I don't get a chance to walk away from her and it drags me into the same cut-scene again. It's a constant loop of chat that I can't get out of. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Omega-z
Mar 19, 2014, 08:25 AM
fay - It's not actually the same cut-in each time even tho some of them do look similar. The're all the story/mish progression chats that your catching up with. The best thing to do is just talk with her and get it over with. This will take about 20~30 mins. of cut-scenes from scratch. Otherwise, you will need to check every time when you finish Matter Board goals/ Blue,Gold story blocks/ Story EQ's/ Story Mish's/ opened new Ark's & Free areas also after finishing them/ ???? Maps,Mish's/ Certain Lv. obtains and I believe there might be a couple of CO's that do it too (looking at Coffie & story CO's more). If you need to get out fast you can force close the game and re-login to the game and it will put you away from her.

fay
Mar 19, 2014, 08:49 AM
Yeah I had to close the game and log in again. I remember sitting through it ages ago for at least a good 15-20 minutes Then I realized shes saying the same thing over and over so I just assumed it was the same cut-scene happening.

landman
Mar 19, 2014, 09:14 AM
Strange, I have to approach her every time I want to see the next cutscene, so avoiding them should be as easy as running in the opposite direction.

Sizustar
Mar 19, 2014, 10:11 AM
Strange, I have to approach her every time I want to see the next cutscene, so avoiding them should be as easy as running in the opposite direction.

It's best to let the scene run through, so it won't show up again, if you cancel it before it run through, you'll have to restart ti over again.

TaigaUC
Mar 19, 2014, 10:59 AM
It's intentional. Even JP people make fun of it, like in that Arks Soccer video.
[spoiler-box]Gettemhart goes to shoot a goal, but gets stuck in a cutscene conversation with Matoi.[/spoiler-box]
Personally, I really hate how they did the cutscenes.
I'm just casually walking along.... SUDDENLY INSTANT FULL BLACK SCREEN FOR A WHILE.
It's ridiculously jarring. Always makes me wonder if my PC died or something.

I can't think of a single other game that just suddenly slaps you with a long black screen out of nowhere.
Hey SEGA, ever heard of fading/dissolving?

The worst is when you actually need to talk to Matoi about something else.
Then you have to watch all of the cutscenes before you can even get close to her to interact.

It's best to let the scene run through, so it won't show up again, if you cancel it before it run through, you'll have to restart ti over again.
Are you serious? I didn't know that. *shudder*

Ezodagrom
Mar 19, 2014, 11:17 AM
If you're getting the same exact cutscene over and over, read about an issue like that a few months ago, though no idea if it may have been fixed already...

If I'm not mistaken, the issue was a Matoi matterboard cutscene playing over and over for those who had a different matterboard selected than the one required for that cutscene, so the player would have to select the needed matterboard and then play the cutscene to unlock the needed node (I think it was MB14?).
I could be wrong about this though.

Aussei
Mar 19, 2014, 04:24 PM
When you have a shitty computer you think PSO2 crashed when loading those cut scenes. Lol.

Zorafim
Mar 19, 2014, 07:24 PM
...people don't talk to her as soon as they finish a matterboard?

Crystal_Shard
Mar 19, 2014, 08:15 PM
It would make things so much less painful to skip interruptng cutscenes, as well as field scenes, if Sega just implemented a cutscene playback feature (a special counter, room good (DVR?), etc...) . :P It's a real pain because I want to record as many of those as possible in a specific outfit, and I can't just speed through the Matter Board because of the time and HDD space needed. :P

Has that idea ever been floated to Sega during one of the feedback drives?

landman
Mar 20, 2014, 02:27 AM
Matoi has much more cut-scenes than there are Matter Boards lol Last time I rushed the MB progression I remember scenes appearing after individual MB events.

deahamlet
Mar 20, 2014, 03:27 AM
You can press ESCAPE and go to the end of the scene and do so again and again... I was done in 5 minutes spamming my keys lol. She's annoying so I avoid being anywhere near her on my other characters.

PokeminMaster
Mar 20, 2014, 05:39 AM
From what I can tell using the English Story patch, she seems to get a new cutscene every time you unlock a new field, complete a matterboard, and for unlocking certain free explorations... But still, she doesn't have too many cutscenes (In fact, I'm caught up, I can walk up to her without watching one XD)

I mean, I guess it's annoying if you don't watch them as they come out, but I happened to... Eh

UnLucky
Mar 20, 2014, 08:36 AM
Yeah, you can speed through them with the skip feature and get them all over with if you wanted to do that for some reason. Not really sure why you'd intentionally walk right up to her just to cancel her cutscene(s) and walk away, though. You can pretty easily avoid her.

What annoys me more is how completely unimportant she is in the story. Like what has she done since the very beginning of the game? Absolutely nothing at all? Good character.

Hopefully she turns out to be the long lost descendant of Lutz or something, sticks that legendary sealing weapon up her ass, and farts all over Hunar and his twelve disciples, instantly killing them all for good (including Matoi). Then you high five Alfin and go eat a bowl of photon noodles in space.

Zorafim
Mar 20, 2014, 01:42 PM
What annoys me more is how completely unimportant she is in the story. Like what has she done since the very beginning of the game?

She cheered me on. What more could you want?

deahamlet
Mar 20, 2014, 04:57 PM
Yeah, you can speed through them with the skip feature and get them all over with if you wanted to do that for some reason. Not really sure why you'd intentionally walk right up to her just to cancel her cutscene(s) and walk away, though. You can pretty easily avoid her.

What annoys me more is how completely unimportant she is in the story. Like what has she done since the very beginning of the game? Absolutely nothing at all? Good character.

Hopefully she turns out to be the long lost descendant of Lutz or something, sticks that legendary sealing weapon up her ass, and farts all over Hunar and his twelve disciples, instantly killing them all for good (including Matoi). Then you high five Alfin and go eat a bowl of photon noodles in space.

Honestly I had a matterboard slot that demanded I have a cut-scene with her. Dark Falz was starting in 10 minutes. She scared the living daylights out of me by pulling me in over and over and over again... I just wanted it all gone before Dark Falz.
On my next character I figured out that I can step back to stop the next one, but I still had to suffer through them to get to the one cutscene the matterboard demanded.

I avoid her like the plague otherwise.

The Walrus
Mar 20, 2014, 05:17 PM
She cheered me on. What more could you want?

Attempting to actually help out would be a start

Kikikiki
Mar 20, 2014, 06:03 PM
Amnesia too stronk.

#photons

Ezodagrom
Mar 20, 2014, 07:25 PM
She seems to be the only character other than the player who can see Xion. I played through the chapters where she talked with Xion without the story patches, so no idea what they said to each other though, but Xion seems to know Matoi.

Zorafim
Mar 20, 2014, 08:22 PM
She seems to be the only character other than the player who can see Xion. I played through the chapters where she talked with Xion without the story patches, so no idea what they said to each other though, but Xion seems to know Matoi.

what?

BIG OLAF
Mar 20, 2014, 08:24 PM
what?

Basically the whole story in one word, which is why I've never bothered with it. Matterboard 2 sits there, dusty and decaying.

Sorry, SEGA. Maybe try making the story (and completing it) interesting.

Ezodagrom
Mar 20, 2014, 08:37 PM
what?
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDIKCU2O5hU[/spoiler-box]

Sanguine2009
Mar 20, 2014, 08:41 PM
yeah, im fully expecting her to become important at some point. though who knows how long that will take

PokeminMaster
Mar 20, 2014, 09:08 PM
Relax, guys, she has amnesia and seems to get yelled at for some much as wandering into the lobby... (I don't have the patch at the moment, so I'm not sure what those two most recent cutscenes had in store)

Anywho, I really don't see what the big deal with her is, if you happen to accidentally wander into her every once and a while like I do... There really aren't as lengthy as people make them out to be, and I find the translated ones entertaining enough; the story also gets pretty epic, but I feel like everything was a bit rushed and underdeveloped, as I had to pay attention to some "minor" details to make sense of certain parts

Then again, this coming from the guy who still thinks this game is really good, even after putting 600+ hours into my most recent character (Who is the fourth character I have ever used as my main)... Been playing since day 1 of the full release.... But still, I don't see a problem with the way they handled her, honestly XD