PDA

View Full Version : pso2 100% cpu usage?

pkemr4
Mar 19, 2014, 08:29 AM
what could be causing my cpu to use up all 4 cores at 90-100%? also i got blank ingame videos for some reason and terrible studder lag at times.

Lone05
Mar 19, 2014, 08:36 AM
Happened to me too once earlier. Restarted my PC and seems okay now.

pkemr4
Mar 19, 2014, 08:43 AM
restarted multiple times. issue still there.

Aeris
Mar 19, 2014, 08:54 AM
For some reason the blank videos make me shutter and freeze up alot if they don't work, usually i have to reload back into the lobby to fix that issue.

Rehal
Mar 19, 2014, 09:03 AM
The game is trying to download new trailer to show on those lobby monitors.

WildarmsRE5
Mar 19, 2014, 09:13 AM
this is Basically PSO2 after a maint, give it a day and It'll run fine again.

final_attack
Mar 19, 2014, 09:48 AM
100% cpu usage? Did you have nVidia GPU? If you using one, set PhysX processor to GPU, don't use "auto-select" or "cpu" in nVidia Control Panel before starting the game. Or try to re-set them if you already selected "gpu".

Worked for me before. Got this issue too, but that was around mid 2013, I think. Once or twice. I forgot.

ATi? I dunno.

Ezodagrom
Mar 19, 2014, 11:05 AM
The game is trying to download new trailer to show on those lobby monitors.
This.
While PSO2 is downloading new trailers for the lobby screens, CPU usage increases alot, but once the download is finished (once videos start playing in the lobby screens), CPU usage returns to normal.
Basically just leave your character idling in the lobby while it downloads the trailer/trailers.

pkemr4
Mar 19, 2014, 01:18 PM
how the fuck does downloading stuff affect cpu performance?

Ezodagrom
Mar 19, 2014, 01:37 PM
how the fuck does downloading stuff affect cpu performance?
SEGA... :|

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 19, 2014, 01:37 PM
i had the same problem, fix itself tho.

Taurus83
Mar 20, 2014, 05:08 AM
this kind of problem I post before , is it something always happen after maintenance patch that try download video that made CPU overdose

xxmadplayerxx
Mar 20, 2014, 07:15 PM
It's still doing it, i can only seem to log in when there is an EQ on -.- . loading screen to lobby just freezes half way then i get a 630 Error.

xfri
Apr 17, 2014, 09:53 AM
100% cpu usage? Did you have nVidia GPU? If you using one, set PhysX processor to GPU, don't use "auto-select" or "cpu" in nVidia Control Panel before starting the game. Or try to re-set them if you already selected "gpu".

Worked for me before. Got this issue too, but that was around mid 2013, I think. Once or twice. I forgot.

ATi? I dunno.

Works thanks ^_^

DJcooltrainer
Apr 17, 2014, 10:23 AM
What GPU do you have? I've always had my GTX 670's PhysX processor set to auto-select, I'm kind of wondering if I should try switching when I get home.

TaigaUC
Apr 17, 2014, 10:33 AM
Wouldn't put it past SEGA to somehow burn out our CPUs or GPUs some day.
They did quite a number on everyone's HDDs, after all. And it's not an impossibility.

I remember when it was more common for game bugs to supposedly cause hardware failures.
Rough times.

pkemr4
Apr 17, 2014, 10:39 AM
GG likes to fuck with my cpu clock speeds and ram speeds -_-

DJcooltrainer
Apr 17, 2014, 10:55 AM
GG likes to fuck with my cpu clock speeds and ram speeds -_-

That's not normal :-? What kinda CPU do you have, and are you running it at stock speeds? I run an overclocked Phenom II 1100T and I've never seen a game cause my clock speeds to change. It might be throttling...

KuroiBRS
Apr 17, 2014, 12:08 PM
Been having this problem since the last update

I wouldn't be able to play for long because the CPU gets all congested with the game's processes, it would start bottlenecking more and more, making it difficult to play (gets so bad at times that the game slows down to a halt)

And when I exit the game it still uses up my CPU processing power unless I go into task manager and manually end the process itself (otherwise I can't go back in, and even then this isn't always 100%)

xfri
Apr 17, 2014, 12:44 PM
CPU still in 100% but does not lag like before just follow final_attack posted.

GTX 650 works fine as far I remember the highest fps I got 140 in dungeon but in lobby depends how many people are in the screen lowest is 40fps(lobby is full). I have Pentium dual core e6660 I'm planning to upgrade to i5-3550P I hope it fix the CPU 100% usage and get more fps.

Macman
Apr 17, 2014, 01:54 PM
What if you disable lobby videos...?

Belenger
Apr 17, 2014, 02:23 PM
Will not help, the issue has been since the beggining of GG chaos back in 2012, but lately GG decided to use more cores/threads, game itself still runs fast, and you can test that by just going to the character creator benchmarks, it's the extra subroutines they added now that have been killing performance.

It's a pretty mindblowing rootkit when it affects your performance so hard just to check the CPU usage and see its around 60-70% with an i7 4770k.

Pangya users where also reporting massive usage lately on JP BBS threads/twitter.
(Pangya also uses GG).

DJcooltrainer
Apr 17, 2014, 02:29 PM
Will not help, the issue has been since the beggining of GG chaos back in 2012, but lately GG decided to use more cores/threads, game itself still runs fast, and you can test that by just going to the character creator benchmarks, it's the extra subroutines they added now that have been killing performance.

It's a pretty mindblowing rootkit when it affects your performance so hard just to check the CPU usage and see its around 60-70% with an i7 4770k.

Pangya users where also reporting massive usage lately on JP BBS threads/twitter.
(Pangya also uses GG).

Could you maybe change the affinity of GG to use only one core? My CPU is way older/slower than yours and my CPU useage doesn't even go that high. Unless PSO2 actually scales properly to 6 cores (doubtful) I think there's something strange going on.

KuroiBRS
Apr 17, 2014, 02:44 PM
What if you disable lobby videos...?

I've done that, lowest settings, disable lobby vids (only worked the first time, and even then it only reduced the frequency by a small amount) everything even some of the advice used in this thread and it still bottlenecks after about 2-3 quests or less.

I can't even swap characters to do anything without it starting to jam up heavily.

Belenger
Apr 17, 2014, 08:19 PM
Could you maybe change the affinity of GG to use only one core? My CPU is way older/slower than yours and my CPU useage doesn't even go that high. Unless PSO2 actually scales properly to 6 cores (doubtful) I think there's something strange going on.

It scales, check your cpu usage while you are on a populated lobby with more than 30 models to load, once you are in an instance (minus TD2), usage scales down properly, remember GG or nProtect is in itself a rootkit, if you have a system thats not completely automated gameguard finds more hiccups and if you try to sniff the program to see whats doing, you get a lovely error 1014.

Usagui
Apr 18, 2014, 12:09 AM
I get this error a lot, mine goes away after a reboot and a file check of the windows drive, in wich it always finds errors , this seems to happen after turning the game on and off constantly like on maint. days.

Aine
Apr 18, 2014, 12:30 AM
It's a known issue (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?id=3406), they're looking into it. Happens to me too after every update, even though I have lobby videos disabled. It goes away after a while.

xxmadplayerxx
Apr 18, 2014, 12:52 AM
Check out this thread, http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218602&page=2 Oslash resolved this with a temporary solution, it helped me anyway.